Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
tipex12
Major Artorius
Captain Nemo
2SPOOKY4U
Svyatoslavich
DTA
kvs
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
jhelb
Korbin Dallas
:JunioR:
whir
kap-the-head
galicije83
Berkut
Book.
Cyberspec
MOPO3
Khepesh
Arctic_Fox
AbsoluteZero
Lenny1983
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
chicken
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Bolt
macedonian
Stormovik
DanilaMP
zg18
Dima
Zivo
Admin
k@llashniKoff
Raden5
Strizh
NationalRus
collegeboy16
armyworld
Airbornewolf
Viktor
cheesfactory
Vann7
sepheronx
flamming_python
marcinko
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
George1
TR1
r111
Morpheus Eberhardt
Gabm
Mike E
AlfaT8
KomissarBojanchev
GarryB
Sujoy
TheArmenian
Cpt Caz
coolieno99
Flyingdutchman
Specnaz
69 posters

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2

Dima
    Dima

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian Military Photos and Videos #2

Post  Dima Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 PDN_5587

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 PDN_6364
    Strizh

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian Military Photos and Videos #2

Post  Strizh Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Ah I see they added some ERA on the Armata turret!

I hope the APS is also designed to intercept top attack weapons because so far it seems more like 360 without a top :/?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Strizh wrote:Ah I see they added some ERA on the Armata turret!

I hope the APS is also designed to intercept top attack weapons because so far it seems more like 360 without a top :/?

Keep in mind top armor ERA was already capable of defeating top attack weapons which were already in service with T-90A's, the new generation APS will just add another layer to the onion which is Armata platform's defensive suite, and 'Afghanistan' is designed to defeat top attack munitions.

zg18
    zg18

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 Empty Russian Military Photos and Videos #2

Post  zg18 Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Amazing photos! Can`t wait for May 9th russia
    DanilaMP
    DanilaMP

Post  DanilaMP Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:30 pm

You guys have to be kidding me, this is like the old bugger on mp.net, best thread ever. Why is it hidden? To be honest there are so many sub-sections to this forum, it's hard to find politics news and discussions etc. Dont know if Vladimir or the mods have time to restructure, but this baby over here need to be very visible, its like crack for me, I need this thread on a daily basis. So awesome to see it here. Thank you lads.

cheers
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:45 pm

DanilaMP wrote:You guys have to be kidding me, this is like the old bugger on mp.net, best thread ever. Why is it hidden? To be honest there are so many sub-sections to this forum, it's hard to find politics news and discussions etc. Dont know if Vladimir or the mods have time to restructure, but this baby over here need to be very visible, its like crack for me, I need this thread on a daily basis. So awesome to see it here. Thank you lads.

cheers

You haven't been here for more than a day and already complaining?

This thread is very well known among rmf members and people constantly post pictures and videos here, it is for you to get used to the forum not the other way around.
    Strizh

Post  Strizh Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    DanilaMP wrote:You guys have to be kidding me, this is like the old bugger on mp.net, best thread ever. Why is it hidden? To be honest there are so many sub-sections to this forum, it's hard to find politics news and discussions etc. Dont know if Vladimir or the mods have time to restructure, but this baby over here need to be very visible, its like crack for me, I need this thread on a daily basis. So awesome to see it here. Thank you lads.

cheers

This thread is very well known among rmf members and people constantly post pictures and videos here, it is for you to get used to the forum not the other way around.

He is absolutely right!
    Well know for the members, unknown for the outside world! This thread has to be a cliff hanger if this forum wants to attract new members. NOW we have the opportunity to do so.
    Make this thread very visible and restructure this forum there are to many subsections!
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Strizh wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

cheers

He is absolutely right!
    Well know for the members, unknown for the outside world! This thread has to be a cliff hanger if this forum wants to attract new members. NOW we have the opportunity to do so.
    Make this thread very visible and restructure this forum there are to many subsections!

Hold on there sport; Werewolf is right - it's not up to various new members to start shouting about how russiadefense.net doesn't look enough like mp.net for you to be comfortable with it.

By all means make suggestions, I do it from time to time myself; in fact there is a specific thread for that - but how about you folks it easy for the initial period and try to get used to the site as it is. That way, if you're still uncomfortable with something, you will know that perhaps it is genuinely unintuitive/clumsy/whatever, rather than you just not being used to it because on 'that other site', things were organized differently.
    DanilaMP
    DanilaMP

Post  DanilaMP Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:23 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Strizh wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

cheers

He is absolutely right!

Hold on there sport; Werewolf is right - it's not up to various new members to start shouting about how russiadefense.net doesn't look enough like mp.net for you to be comfortable with it.

By all means make suggestions, I do it from time to time myself; in fact there is a specific thread for that - but how about you folks it easy for the initial period and try to get used to the site as it is. That way, if you're still uncomfortable with something, you will know that perhaps it is genuinely unintuitive/clumsy/whatever, rather than you just not being used to it because on 'that other site', things were organized differently.

Fair point, although I already said that I will come around when it comes to the lay out. So no grief from me.
    Strizh

Post  Strizh Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Strizh wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

cheers

He is absolutely right!

I know this site for a very very long time and I've even an older acc here but can't remember my login anymore.
    The issue is that I would love to see this page for being one of the popular internet resource for military knowledge!
    But I see the major drawbacks which are preventing this page to become one of them.

I don't want to have a mp.net v2.0 but a russiandefence forum which is on the same level as mp.net.

It's like driving an old lada and saying everything is fine with it. That may be true but you won't sell it.
    Strizh

Post  Strizh Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 Oc_W6_X_t_M8_Zw

Are we sure that this is the full ERA config? I see the rubber plates, seems like unfinished for me?!
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:52 pm

I don't want to have a mp.net v2.0 but a russiandefence forum which is on the same level as mp.net.

You may don't like what i will say now but that is the case and you should know it by now.

RMF does not need to be on "same level as mp net", i do very well understand that you want more people, but usually the majority of people everywhere around the globe are uneducated and that is not just some pessimistic thoughts that is actually the case, having more people does not provide more contributional posts on military matters.

More experienced and well-read and intelligent people that have as less bias towards military equipment, doctrines, tactics, design decisions and physics the better, not the total amount of users count but the total amount of contributers. The more you attract to some spot the thinner the group of contributers will become.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:00 am

Werewolf wrote:

You may don't like what i will say now but that is the case and you should know it by now.

RMF does not need to be on "same level as mp net", i do very well understand that you want more people, but usually the majority of people everywhere around the globe are uneducated and that is not just some pessimistic thoughts that is actually the case, having more people does not provide more contributional posts on military matters.

More experienced and well-read and intelligent people that have as less bias towards military equipment, doctrines, tactics, design decisions and physics the better, not the total amount of users count but the total amount of contributers. The more you attract to some spot the thinner the group of contributers will become.

I think there is a reason why many of us left MP.net prior to this whole shutting down thing, it is because that site is a load of crap filled with nazi sympathisers and apologists.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:17 am

Uh guys.

There are threads in every subsection (Navy, Army, AF, etc) that can be used to put pics related to those subjects.
    That would make searching for relevant photos much easier.

I suggest people post stuff in this thread that does not obviously slot into the other threads.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:52 am

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 U3L3T6U
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:40 am

Raden5 wrote:Checking.

April 20, 2015. Channel "1 TV". Russia, Republic of Dagestan. Counter-terrorism operation ( - five militants).
    Welcome to RMF Raden, your video uploads are great on YT.
    DTA
    DTA

Post  DTA Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:10 am

Hi!
    smth went wrong with photos.
    when i'm insert an image(image is huge), all normal, but when trying to add height and width, i'm not allowed.

and videos from my YT channel , like Raden i am searching videos in russian news and have pre-1945 videos from russian archives and Soviet Army different videos.
    " />
    Cpt Caz
    Cpt Caz

Post  Cpt Caz Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:39 am

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 Gv4X7ED

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 OXZbFjU

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 G2gIcj3

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 MUHwUxE

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 DqkYGiW
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Are we sure that this is the full ERA config? I see the rubber plates, seems like unfinished for me?!

I would suspect that what ever the configuration of the final vehicle that base armour, with modular armour on top, plus NERA, but on the outer most layer I would anticipate something like Nakidka rather than ERA or NERA... so stuff that looks like Rubber should be just what I would expect.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:41 pm

GarryB wrote:

I would suspect that what ever the configuration of the final vehicle that base armour, with modular armour on top, plus NERA, but on the outer most layer I would anticipate something like Nakidka rather than ERA or NERA... so stuff that looks like Rubber should be just what I would expect.

i would assume that they still can mount the very slim ERA tiles like found on BMPT to the NERA tiles on Kurganetz, should not add much more weight nor get wider than they already are, they are quite light weight and thin.
    Raden5
    Raden5

Post  Raden5 Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:12 pm

April 23, 2015. GTRK "Vladivostok". Russia, Primorsky Krai. "Aviadarts-2015" qualifying round.

"OTV Primorje".

April 23, 2015. Channel "Moscow 24". Russia, Moscow. Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin visited the company "Promtehnologiya".

tipex12
    tipex12

Post  tipex12 Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Tu-95 "Bear" against "Fortress» B-52: the fight bombers
    Stormovik

Post  Stormovik Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:46 pm

VDV and CSTO Rapid Response Force joint training in the Artic.

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 V20F2Rc

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 W6gZg89

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 SUZbLXW

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 KdQOjb2

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 J3Nzyh3

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 DItI50S

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 QuUMy1U

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 HEJViQi

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 Uy1HAHF

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 HECkKpH

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 3W3lAsh

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 TKz6xYw

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 YczblZr

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 KjxMEqE

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 VQGy0bl

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 NZSAstE

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 DHAasOY
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:58 am

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 DSCF6310

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 DSCF5986

BMO-T

I still wonder about the turret on this model. A few flamethrower based armata's would be useful to have around.

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 Scan0010
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:46 am

Zivo wrote:I still wonder about the turret on this model. A few flamethrower based armata's would be useful to have around.

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 14 Scan0010

No doubt about it being a good idea....is that an "official" proposal or just some fan boy's imagination ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 am