Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+23
HeNeArKrXeRn_
franco
JohninMK
Walther von Oldenburg
flamming_python
TheGeorgian
Cyberspec
KoTeMoRe
kap-the-head
Akula971
DTA
George1
Werewolf
ali.a.r
Dima
gloriousfatherland
TR1
Viktor
GarryB
TheArmenian
Vladislav
Turk1
Admin
27 posters

Russian military movies

Admin
    Admin

Russian military movies Empty Russian military movies

Post  Admin Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 am

Jet movie stunt photos

“The maximum speed I achieved on the jet plane without a canopy glass was around two times greater than speed of sound. While on this speed I even managed to pull out my fingers in glove for an inch or two outside - it became heated very fast because of immense friction force plane undergoes with the air.“, writes the pilot.

Russian military movies 111

Russian military movies 210

Russian military movies 310

Russian military movies 410

Russian military movies 810

Russian military movies 510

Russian military movies 610

Russian military movies 710
    Turk1
    Turk1

Russian military movies Empty Re: Russian military movies

Post  Turk1 Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:58 am

I would love to see that movie. I really like the one with the ejection seat. That is what most Russian fighters end up doing. Twisted Evil
    Vladislav
    Vladislav

Post  Vladislav Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:36 am

Turk1 wrote:I would love to see that movie. I really like the one with the ejection seat. That is what most Russian fighters end up doing. Twisted Evil

Dude, have you ever bothered to look at TuAF ejection history?

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Country-By-Country/Turkey.htm
    Viktor
    Viktor

Russian military movies Empty Russian military movies

Post  Viktor Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Interesting to see full length Russian war movie

anyway enoj

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 24, 2011 2:30 am

No subtitles... but I think I will watch it anyway.

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue May 24, 2011 9:49 am

Friend of my just recently explained to me how to put subtitles on youtube just for such occasions but with my thoughts I was somewhere else.

I will ask him again. Very Happy
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Russian military movies Empty TIGR...Hollywood Style

Post  TheArmenian Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:00 pm

"August 8" is a new film that will be shown later this year. The events happen during the 2008 five-day war in Georgia.
    Enjoy watching the first trailer on this page: Tigrs, AKs, PKMs and RPGs in intense Hollywood style shooting.

http://www.kino-govno.com/movies/avgustvosmogo/trailers
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:56 am

Is this the stupid pro georgian movie?
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:40 am

No, it is not.
    It is a Russian movie that has not been released year.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:21 am

Ahh, well worth a look then... Smile

Thanks for the heads up.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Would love to see it in cinema. But probably not gona happen as its not US made.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:14 pm

It may not be Georgian, but it sure looks stupid.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:52 pm

No worse than most US war movies... even if it is silly as RAMBO III at least it has lots of Russian kit to look at... attack

In that movie trailer they probably killed about the same number of soldiers that were killed in the whole war on both sides, and those PKM barrels on top of the Tigrs should have been glowing red hot.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:24 am

Ok, so I watched both movies (August 8th, and 5 Days of Augts), and here are my comments.

The Georgian one was awfull. I mean this was propaganda flat on its face, terribad acting, terribad action, make belief scenarios in the war, the whole thing. Don't waste your time, no comedic value even. So I am not goign to further comment on it, but seriously, if I was Georgian, I would be embarrassed. The only thing it has going for itself is some good Mi-24 shots.

Now, some more comments about the Russian version. Basically, its like a Hollywood action movie Russian style. Inherently better than the Georgian one because it spares us too much political messages, and doesn't spend as much time demonizing anyone. Even has a good georgian and some Georgian military success! But for the most part stupid story, meh action, I am not a big CGI guy, so that doesn't help. Much easier to watch than 5 days of August though, through the wise ommission of in-your-face propaganda and hilarious bad military encounters. Well, there are a few, but much less cringeworthy. I guess for a military fan, it is interstign to see some Russian equipment in action-but honestly, just do yourself a favor and fast foreward to those scenes.

So, let me narrate how the movie goes, and the silly moments:
    -Premise is simple, woman's son goes to Ossetia to visit family, war breaks out, woman has to go down there to save her son. Encounters Russian forces that help her out variously, blah blah blah.
    Oh and btw her Husband is a typical dumb new business Russian- ok we get it, she will meet a soldier who is a way better down to earth guy and not a Moscow scumbag. Yawn
    -Woman takes truck to South Ossetia, on the way Georgian (implied, this movie is much more subtle than 5 days of August) missiles come out of nowehere and obliterate the truck, somehow perfectly blowing the engine out (New Israeli anti engine missiles I guess), people die, she freaks out, fun times. Bus hangs over cliff edge, and I am immedietly reminded of Jurassic Park and that series love of vehicles hanging threateningly. Also, this starts the trend in this whole movie of missiles flying in absurd, non direct fashions I guess meant to look dramatic, but in the end just makes the CGI look bad. Seriously, not a single missile in this movie flies straight.
    -Some RUssian recon guys pick her up in a couple of Tigrs (YAY, the reason we all are watching this movie anyways) and drive her to Tskinval. Then Georgian attacks during the night, some sporadic arty fire.
    -Cut scene to Russian high command. Everyone sitting calmly in a badass room with satelite imagery that puts Call of Duty to shame. Seriously, the DoD would be jelly of the resolution those sat shots were at, and the communications they have with frontline offciers. Russian gov leaders debating what to do, with some peaceloving fruitcake talking about the need to not respond directly. But no one likes him, and he is eventually dismissed. This is a war movie after all, not some UN shit.
    -Scene cuts to the Boy stuck in some South Ossetian country home. His dad (a peacekeeper) is trying to evacuate his family. Out of nowehere a single Georgian tank rolls out. Long story short, blows up the peacekeeper and his parents, while the boy was out of the vehicle. This starts the trend of Georgian tanks crews in this movie using the main gun against targets much more suited to the co-ax machine gun. At least the T-72 is real and its turret whine sounds cool. The boy sees this, and imagines the tank turning into some big scary robot. The CGI could have been better here, but I get the visualiation of the boys perception of war. Boy continues hallucinating that robot for the rest of the movie. No more transformers for you pal.
    -Woman meets up with Russian column moving to stop the Georgian forces. Fakes journalist pass, and the Russia commander for some reason decides to let her come along. On the way, the reco team goes ahead, and they have Mi-4support. The Georgian launch an epic ambush however (SEE! Russian propoganda actually gives the Georgians more credit than they deserve for that war!) and start blowing the column the eff up. For some reason all the Georgians are wearing badass looking googles/gas masks. I guess you need some dehumanization in every movie with an enemy. Anwyays, Russian column gets pwned and takes more casualties than the Russian armed forces did in the whole war. Friendly soldier helps woman make her way oout of the mess, but is killed. She managed to hide for the night.
    -Later the Russian reco guys in their two invincible Tigers pick her up. They drive through Tskinval, pwning Georgians left and right. Apparently the Georgians could ambush a large Russian mechanized column that had airsupport, but are powerless against the two Tigrs. Hmmm. Anyways they drive through, meet up with that famous T-72 that broke through, blow some more shit up, Georgians fall back.
    -Woman has to leave the reco team, to go get her son. Finds him hiding in some shack, manages to steal a Georgian Range Rover. Thats what you get for wearing those masks, no situational awareness apparently. She proceeds to drive away from Georgians, in what is by the way, the most agile Range Rover in the universe. The way she dodges Georgian tanks and vehicles in a slalom would put Top Gear to shame. At one point she drives through a Georgian armored concentration, lined up in the plains in a way that would make any Russian VVS guys salivate. Oh shit, speakng of the VVS, ghere come a wing of Su-25s? Never mind that they are flying in some retarded parade formation, details are not important. They obliterate the Georgian position, once again, causing more casualties by the look of it than Georgia ever had tanks. At the end of this scene we see the turret of a T-72 fly and impale into the ground (remember that awesome photo?)....but the producers used CGI for this, so it just looked unbelievable. Viewers who are not 8-8-8 nuts like us and never saw that photo, would think that was stupid and unlikely.
    -She continues driving away, chased by a Georgian Cobra. On the road is that evil Georgian T-72! In a fit of brilliance, the woman decided to play chicken with the tank. Once again, no one taught the GEorgians to use the coax against light vehicles, so it takes the crew like 10 seconds to get their gun bearing right. When they shoot the 125m, the Russian chick drives off the road, and the round obliterates the Georgian cobra chasing her. Brilliant! Now we know what happened to that captured Cobra.
    -Before she can get to safety though, a Georgian soldier stops her, and tries to get the Jeep back. She appeals to his humanity and he drives her to a safe point, drops her off and leaves. Good Guy Goga strikes!
    -She reunites with the Russian spec team, everyone is safe, war is won. Tears roll down my cheeks as epic music plays, while Russian columns move in to secure Ossetian freedom from the masked Georgian robots, and children carelessly play within the tank fumes and dust.

TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:41 am

I watched the Georgian version not too long ago. Agreed, that piece of junk movie was a complete waste of my time.

Haven't seen the Russian version. My Russian language skills are limited but I think I will have no difficulty understanding a war movie.
    Where did you watch it? Is there a link?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:48 am

I grabbed it on PirateBay :p.

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7141141/August.Eighth.2012.BluRay.720p.AC3.x264-CHD_%5BPublicHD%5D
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:49 am

To be honest that sounds better than any Rambo movie I have ever seen...

I think I will try to track down that movie and watch it.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Thanks TR1
    gloriousfatherland

Post  gloriousfatherland Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:36 am

Threat Response 1 , thanks for your post cheers

I watched the trailer on youtube. Wasnt the woman able to fly or had some sort of powers??
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sat May 12, 2012 10:49 pm

I finally got to watch the Russian version.
    Hated the CGI, the imaginations/hallucinations of the young boy and the predictability of the story.
    I appreciated some of the battle scenes and the lack of politicization and demonization of the ennemy.

Overall, a better movie than the horrible Georgian one, but not worth watching a second time.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat May 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Hated the CGI, the imaginations/hallucinations of the young boy and the predictability of the story.

...but not worth watching a second time.

So they are already much better than hollywood which loves its CGI and predictable storylines and loves to politicise and demonise enemies... interesting... Smile
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sun May 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Is there English subtitle for the movie?

I had downloaded Kandagar (2010) approximately 5.78GB (4 files of ISO for movie & extra files) but the subtitle was not present. So downloaded it from some other site, but it worked only for the first part.

I had to download the movie again and the next time I got a single file version which was 1.53GB and the subtitle worked fine. If any of you have not watched it, watch it. Have some very good scenes of IL-76.

TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Linky linky for Kandahar download please.Thanks in advance.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:38 am

Sorry for late reply...if you have not already come across, here is the link for Kandagar.
    http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5405010/2010%20movie%20Kandahar

ali.a.r

Post  ali.a.r Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Hello Everyone

I just watched a Russian movie called White Tiger, came out in 2012, and is about a duel-of-sorts between a t-34/85 and a Tiger. I mostly liked it, the screenplay and the realistic looking tanks (atleast as for me they looked realistic)got to me. But the plot completely underwhelmed. Or maybe it was a whole mysticism/deep philosophy thing and it went way over my head. Its supposedly based on a novel but I cant seem to find anything more about it. Can anyone help me to find the novel (preferably an english one)?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:32 pm