Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+30
xeno
JohninMK
medo
Rodion_Romanovic
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Isos
PapaDragon
magnumcromagnon
0nillie0
littlerabbit
Cyberspec
miketheterrible
GarryB
d_taddei2
franco
Werewolf
Mike E
cheesfactory
kvs
galicije83
George1
Battalion0415
Viktor
fredleander
Aleksandar_Nevski
Admin
Vladislav
Turk1
Jelena
34 posters

Serbian Armed Forces

fredleander
    fredleander

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 Empty Re: Serbian Armed Forces

Post  fredleander Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Jelena wrote:Albanians are trowing fits over our new military base Very Happy

Have things quieted down between Serbia and Kosovo now or are there powers in Serbia that are working actively to get Kosovo back?

Viktor
    Viktor

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 Empty Serbian military

Post  Viktor Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:17 am

Just wanted to add the best video of S-125 shooting (music is pervertedly good)

250th missile brigade shooting practice at Šabla polygon August.2011
    Battalion0415
    Battalion0415

Post  Battalion0415 Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Modernization Of Serbian Armed Forces Is Priority

BELGRADE – The modernization, improvement in military cooperation and diplomacy through various peacekeeping missions and rise in employees’ living standard were the Serbian Armed Forces’ priorities in the first 100 days of the government, Defense Minister Bratislav Gasic has said.

Gasic told International Radio Serbia that the rescue of flood-affected citizens and their property was “the priority above all priorities”, and noted that in the process of alleviating the consequences of natural disasters all capacities of the Serbian military were put at citizens’ disposal.

The defense minister said that the modernization of the Serbian military remains a priority as many resources are not only outdated in terms of technology, but also amortized in the last 12 years.

“We are speedily working on that in an effort to ensure that all branches of the armed forces-air forces, navy, infantry-are at a high level of capability, and have the full, sophisticated and advanced equipment,” the defense minister underscored.

Next year, when the base “South” is completed and when we secure necessary conditions for trainings like modern armies do, we expect that it will welcome a higher number of foreign troops, which will bring Serbia significant benefits, and not only financial ones, Gasic said.

He noted that, in the coming period, members of the Serbian Armed Forces will have major joint exercises, with American marines, and members of the Russian army.

The defense minister noted that, in the previous period, the Serbian Armed Forces tried to improve the social position of its employees who were granted over 800 apartments in the first 100 days of the government.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Battalion0415 wrote:Modernization Of Serbian Armed Forces Is Priority

BELGRADE – The modernization, improvement in military cooperation and diplomacy through various peacekeeping missions and rise in employees’ living standard were the Serbian Armed Forces’ priorities in the first 100 days of the government, Defense Minister Bratislav Gasic has said.

Gasic told International Radio Serbia that the rescue of flood-affected citizens and their property was “the priority above all priorities”, and noted that in the process of alleviating the consequences of natural disasters all capacities of the Serbian military were put at citizens’ disposal.

The defense minister said that the modernization of the Serbian military remains a priority as many resources are not only outdated in terms of technology, but also amortized in the last 12 years.

“We are speedily working on that in an effort to ensure that all branches of the armed forces-air forces, navy, infantry-are at a high level of capability, and have the full, sophisticated and advanced equipment,” the defense minister underscored.

Next year, when the base “South” is completed and when we secure necessary conditions for trainings like modern armies do, we expect that it will welcome a higher number of foreign troops, which will bring Serbia significant benefits, and not only financial ones, Gasic said.

He noted that, in the coming period, members of the Serbian Armed Forces will have major joint exercises, with American marines, and members of the Russian army.

The defense minister noted that, in the previous period, the Serbian Armed Forces tried to improve the social position of its employees who were granted over 800 apartments in the first 100 days of the government.

Yes but no money. I think i would be success for them if they could purchase with loan about 15-20 MiG-29SMT
    galicije83
    galicije83

Post  galicije83 Sat May 02, 2015 8:57 am

For all one u came from US and other NATO countries.

I was member of Yugoslav Army in 1999. I was in 125th brigade, only brigade in our army who get after the Kosovo war in 1999. heroic medal for participation in that war for herosim in same war.

We lost less then 500 soldiers in that war, and most of them was killed by albanians terrorists not by NATO bombs. Losses in the military technique were minimal, we lost just 15 tanks, 8 planes MiG 29s, rest losses ate irrelevant.

I was there when NATO troops came in My country, yours officers was speechless when they see what we have from hardware after bombing stops and when we start withdrawing from Kosovo (Serbia).

After 2000 and 5th October our democratic qovernment destroyed our army by order of the USA.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat May 02, 2015 3:20 pm

galicije83 wrote:For all one u came from US and other NATO countries.

I was member of Yugoslav Army in 1999. I was in 125th brigade, only brigade in our army who get after the Kosovo war in 1999. heroic medal for participation in that war for herosim in same war.

We lost less then 500 soldiers in that war, and most of them was killed by albanians terrorists not by NATO bombs. Losses in the military technique were minimal, we lost just 15 tanks, 8 planes MiG 29s, rest losses ate irrelevant.

I was there when NATO troops came in My country, yours officers was speechless when they see what we have from hardware after bombing stops and when we start withdrawing from Kosovo (Serbia).

After 2000 and 5th October our democratic qovernment destroyed our army by order of the USA.

Serbia got the Maidan treatment from Uncle Sam the blood sucker. After 2004 Ukraine also had its army rendered useless by the Orange
    vermin and now that is coming back to bite them in the a**.

The Empire is never happy with any compromise from its vassals. Serbia's pro-Empire regime can bend over all it wants but Serbs will
    still be victimized. I am sorry that the f*cking west takes out its hate on Serbs because it can't take it out on Russians (although it
    is trying really hard). I followed the events of the 1990s closely and it became clear that the west (i.e. NATO, I don't consider Latin
    America to be part of the west) was de facto the successor of the Reich. The arming of the Croats by "peaceful" Germany in a direct
    continuation of the policy of the Nazis, the support for the political descendants of the SS Divisions, just like in the case of Ukraine where the
    Bandera zealots get full NATO support, and so on. NATO's behaviour is overwhelming evidence of its true nature.
    cheesfactory

Post  cheesfactory Sat May 02, 2015 6:06 pm

galicije83 wrote:For all one u came from US and other NATO countries.

Hi.
    Interesting, where you were stationed when there is no secret? In which unit you were?
    Greets
    galicije83
    galicije83

Post  galicije83 Sat May 02, 2015 6:44 pm

I was in 125th motorized brigade from town in Kosovo and Metohija called Pec. We defend Kosare outpost from 9th April to 10th Jun 1999. My brigade have biggest casualties in that war among all units of Yugoslav Army. We lost 108 men (18 officers and NCOs, 50 regular troops, 13 reservist and 24 volunteers).

I was wounded in that battle for outpost Kosare in late May. But wound was light and i was back to the my unite after 3 days spend in hospital.

That is all i can tell u about my brigade and my unite in that brigade.
    cheesfactory

Post  cheesfactory Sat May 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi
    Thats all? You have not said a word about your unit. It is no secret... On the direct frontlines at Kosare, we had 2th Battailon of the 125th (was in charge from karaula Morina to Djeravice, approximately in the middle was karaula Košare), a small Company of the 72th, a small Company of 63th and three volunteer platoons (lot of Russians and serbs/peoples from my area). You were so in 2th Battaiilon? Good chance that we know each other personally...In which hospital you were for three days?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:58 pm

It is possible for it to be an upgrade, but it would be very tough to actually build it... The hull and chassis is ba lengthed version of the M-90 Vihor's, which itself was already a significant modification of the M-84. 

Some is new, some is old.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:41 pm

"Serbia’s Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said on Sunday weapons supplies will be one of the topics for discussion during his visit to Russia due to take place next week, announced the russian news agency TASS. "When we manufacture the Nora howitzer we need Kamaz frames that are capable of carrying more than 35 tonnes, and this is one of the grounds for talks with the Russians. Second topic is the artillery gun 2A42 we install on the Lazar armoured vehicle," he told journalists.

According to Vucic, his country has already ordered two transport helicopters from Russia. "Now we will have to and we have already begun to look at buying combat helicopters, because some of our neighbours have already received 16 Kiowa helicopters," he said [The US Congress approved supplies of 16 such helicopters to Croatia this year - TASS]. "We have to think about response in terms of ballistic missiles, though we seek no conflicts anywhere, with anyone ever. But we are simply to be prepared and are to know that Serbia has relevant forces for anyone who might think Serbia is an easy game," the Serbian prime minister stressed.

He said Serbia was keeping a close eye on what was going on in neighbouring countries and "cannot allow any violation of the balance of forces in the region." Although "Serbia is a small country and a small nation," it will always have as much means of defense as necessary, "so that no one could ever think of using force against Serbia," Vucic said, adding that his country’s government was tightly working on that matter."

I do not belive we really will buy "combat helicopters" as this guy said, since atm we have issues funding these two Mi17 transports. And we are almost close to having no operational An26 wich will kill our transport fleet completely. Let alone "balistic missiles". If by some miracle we do get some kind of loan for combat helicopters i got no clue what we could possibly get.. Mi28s and KA52s are way too expencive for us especially in amounts of 10+.

Maybe Ansat armed recon variant Ansat 2RC... but who would make series of dozen helicopters when there are no other customers.

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 Ansat_2rc

Source: http://www.armyrecognition.com/october_2015_global_defense_security_news_uk/index.php
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:59 pm

2A42 an artillery gun? Then 2B9 is an APSDS intented gun.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Werewolf wrote:2A42 an artillery gun? Then 2B9 is an APSDS intented gun.

They quoted him, and he is not really...into weapons. He finished Law college, he repeats what military "guys" tell him. I guess he assumed if its a cannon that it has to be an artillery. Word "top" (cannon) here is associated with...field gun lets say, i doubt he can tell the difference between howtizer and field gun for that matter.

Post  Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Serbian army Guard singing  Hriste Bože in Beijing, China during preparations for parade.

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 Garda-3-
    franco
    franco

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 Empty An article on the Serbian Special Forces;

Post  franco Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:50 pm

I thought I had seen a Serbian Military thread but can't locate. Switch this if there is. An article on the Serbian Special Forces;
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://warfiles.ru/show-99488-o-specnaze-serbii.html&usg=ALkJrhhbjphII2Xudru_9ZJNIbPGFCT6OQ

Post  Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:52 pm

"BELGRADE - A major anti-terrorism drill dubbed “Shield” began in Belgrade at 11 a.m. on Saturday, demonstrating how special units would resolve a hostage crisis at Belgrade Airport and the main railway station, with the central exercise held in front of the Palace of Serbia. Several hundred members of the counter-terrorism battalion Falcons, and the military police special operation battalion Cobras, 204th air force brigade, guard, river flotilla, gendarmerie and the Security Information Agency are taking part in the counter-terrorism exercise. Serbian PM Aleksandar Vucic, government officials, President of Republika Srpska Milorad Dodik, top military and police officials, diplomats and a large number of citizens are watching the drill.

The demonstration exercise is aimed at showing Serbia's preparedness and resolve in the fight against terrorism.

PM commends courage, preparedness of Serbian security forces

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 695786_palata-srbija-stit-foto-oliver-bunic-2_f

BELGRADE - Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic noted that in Saturday's anti-terrorism drill the Serbian security forces had demonstrated courage, resolve and top preparedness for protecting the country from possible terror attacks. “Citizens could see how fast we would respond. I congratulate you on the excellent demonstration exercise,” Vucic told a news conference after “Shield 2015” had been conducted at several locations in Belgrade. According to the prime minister, the security forces showed top readiness in extremely complex conditions, but also unity and collaboration, given that the units had not joined forces previously. Vucic noted that over 700 members of the interior ministry, Security Information Agency (BIA) and the Serbian Armed Forces had participated in the counter-terrorism exercise."

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 695788_palata-srbija-stit-foto-oliver-bunic-4_ig

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 695764_20151121tanjugtanja-valicbeograddi008954447preview_ff

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 695762_20151121tanjugtanja-valicbeograddi008954445preview_f

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 695793_stit-montaza-copy_f

Source: http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Hronika/608034/AKCIJA-STIT-Teroristi-otimaju-avion-Er-Srbije-evo-sta-rade-srpski-specijalci

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 Empty Steven Seagal promised to train martial arts

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 08_1000x0

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 09_1000x0

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 10_1000x0

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 11_1000x0

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 12_1000x0

Steven Seagal promised to train martial arts with Serbian special forces in future and is planning to shoot a movie featuring Serbian special police unit Gendarmery. When journalists asked him how in US they look at his friendship with Vladimir Putin he said that he does not care about others opinion. Putin is man of peace and he can do alot for humanity. He is my friend and i wont abandon him, in Russia same as in Serbia i feel like among my own.

Source: http://www.alo.rs/sigal-u-srbiji-snima-film-sa-zandarmerijom/21634
    Translated: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alo.rs%2Fsigal-u-srbiji-snima-film-sa-zandarmerijom%2F21634&edit-text=

Post  Guest Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Serbian Gendarmerie drill for recruits "Attack on base".

Post  Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:57 am

"We love you our Homeland" with translation. This song is tightly connected with 1999. bombing of Yugoslavia, it was somewhat of a second anthem and was aired on TV very often, to raise morale.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Serbian Armed Forces - Page 2 Lecler10

Someone on Wikipedia "modernised" Serbian army, big time. I found it hillarious.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:19 pm

Wikipedia... credibility beyond comprehension.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Werewolf wrote:Wikipedia... credibility beyond comprehension.

On my college if you use Wikipedia as source listed in literature you are risking to get thrown though window. With a reason.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Wikipedia... credibility beyond comprehension.

On my college if you use Wikipedia as source listed in literature you are risking to get thrown though window. With a reason.

Good thing.

Post  Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Testing of two modernised BOV M86 armored vehicles of Serbian interior ministry to BOV M11 standard, vehicles are to be transfered to Gendarmery for use.

Post  Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Testing of two modernised BOV M86 armored vehicles of Serbian interior ministry to BOV M11 standard, vehicles are to be transfered to Gendarmery for use.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am