Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+21
Tsavo Lion
Isos
Tingsay
ATLASCUB
miketheterrible
GunshipDemocracy
Pinto
Viktor
GarryB
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
medo
gaurav
Corrosion
Austin
ricky123
Cyberspec
Sujoy
TR1
George1
RoYaN
25 posters

India's Foreign policy

medo
    medo

India's Foreign policy - Page 2 Empty Re: India's Foreign policy

Post  medo Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Going for US armament is a big risk. US could suddenly impose sanctions on India. What will then fly? Tejas will be grounded as it have US engine, F-35 will be immediately in hangars only. Mistral story will tell, if India could trust to France in case of sanctions, so Rafale is a big question and at the end only MiGs and Su-30 will fly. India is a member of BRICS group and with dumping of US Dollar, India could be very quickly under US sanctions.

Pakistan is quite aware of this and they build their JF-17 with China without any US parts in it and they buy F-16 and spare parts from Jordan and modernize and modify them with Turkey, who made their own modifications in their F-16, that they could fight with other US build fighters for case of conflict with Israel or Greece and they could modify Pakistani F-16 in the same way. I doubt India will be allowed to modify their F-35 to fight with other US build planes.

India should stay away from US armament.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:23 pm

gaurav wrote:We are already seeing the dynamics in  our neighbourhood.

I have already written before the consequences of our political changes.

I am afraid that my concerns are becoming true that this Government will become the supporter/Largest buyer of U.S
    Arms.

With this government we are headed towards a Polish scenario in the worst case .

As of course , I may be wrong also.. but  right now.. it looks ominous..

If that is the case, then Modi is an US agent. No other reason not to believe that due to the fact that F-35 has no tech transfer at all and will ruin relations with Russia, which stuck its ass out for India. Go figure, Indians being corrupt.

Lets hope you are wrong.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:28 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    gaurav wrote:We are already seeing the dynamics in  our neighbourhood.

I have already written before the consequences of our political changes.

I am afraid that my concerns are becoming true that this Government will become the supporter/Largest buyer of U.S
    Arms.

With this government we are headed towards a Polish scenario in the worst case .

As of course , I may be wrong also.. but  right now.. it looks ominous..

If that is the case, then Modi is an US agent. No other reason not to believe that due to the fact that F-35 has no tech transfer at all and will ruin relations with Russia, which stuck its ass out for India. Go figure, Indians being corrupt.

Lets hope you are wrong.

Modi has a grudge against the U.S. for denying him a visa, so I wouldn't put stock in to the claim just yet.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Currently you could pretty much speculate anything... the next Indian carrier might be a Gerald Ford with F-35s and Super Hornets... but then again it might not be.

The US wouldn't even let the UK integrate Brimstone to the F-35 itself, so I rather doubt they will let India make any changes at all... the chances that the F-35 suits India better than the FFGA is rather unlikely.

Those new service centres for MiGs is interesting... I wonder if that will influence Bangladesh and Malaysia in their future choices of aircraft... MiG-35 could become more attractive for both countries and perhaps as a final replacement for the MiG-29UPG for India...
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:26 pm

There is no need for any speculation . As I have highlighted in my previous post in this thread the BJP has made it clear that the status quo in INDIA's foreign relations will be maintained . In other words there will be more continuity than change .

http://rt.com/op-edge/159536-modi-india-election-victory/

Will MODI cancel all the defense contracts that are pending & have to be signed with the US ? No he won't .

Also , the huge Gujarati & Punjabi diaspora settled in the West wants the BJP to maintain good ties with the US .  

However , it's also true that unlike his predecessor he will not give the US a carte blanche .

Because of the travel bans imposed on him by the US and various US sidekicks in Europe he unlike former Indian PMs is not even exposed to the West . Hell he can't even speak in English and is not even apologetic about it either .

So Modi personally is not pro West though there are elements within his party that are .
    Viktor
    Viktor

India's Foreign policy - Page 2 Empty India -Russ partnership will suffer under the new Government.

Post  Viktor Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Nice  thumbsup 

The President of India has promised to develop relations with Russia in a spirit of strategic partnership
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:15 am

India Russia Strategic partnership continues .. no holds barred .. unprecedented ..

Modi all guns blazing .. going overt and covert to becoming the biggest U.S agent India has ever seen.

INDIA STRENGTHENS  BRICS ALLIANCE

INDIAS Economic and military alliance with BRICS

BRICS going NUTS ..? wrote:The United States and India have signed a military agreement that will enable them to use
    each other's military assets including  land, air and naval bases for repair and replenishment of supplies.

India BRICS wrote:The agreement is a step toward building defense relations in the face of threats posed by
    China and will help them counter the growing maritime assertiveness of Beijing.

India leader of BRICS wrote:The Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) was signed between
    US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter and his Indian counterpart Manohar Parrikar in Washington on Monday.

BRICS wrote:The signing of the agreement will "make the logistics of joint operations so much easier and so much more efficient,"
    Carter said in a news briefing with Parrikar.
    The deal will facilitate opportunities for "practical engagement and exchange," Carter said, adding, "It's not a basing agreement of any kind.”
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:39 am

Are you trying to be sarcastic with the first comment? Cause this will do the complete opposite affect.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:53 am

sepheronx wrote:Are you trying to be sarcastic with the first comment?  Cause this will do the complete opposite affect.

Good ole' India, wants to be a Anglo-Saxon colony again...go figure.
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:27 am

Sepheronx wrote:Are you trying to be sarcastic with the first comment? Cause this will do the complete opposite affect.
    Yes of course I am being sarcastic. IN media INdian gov always comments about Indo-russ friendship and behind the scenes they keep on doing things which will make India a U.S ally.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:19 pm

They say it won't be about creating bases, but this is first step to it. US has a tendency to slip those things in afterwards. What will ultimately concern Russians that may force them to abandon plans in selling them and cooperating in military tech with India, is that it will be compromised since US has a history of making their way into sensitive areas to take pictures and such. They did this even in Russia at NAPO plant. That of course was dealt with.

At this point, India is a security threat to both China and Russia. Effectively also destroyed BRICS.

Good job Indians for screwing up this hard.

^
    This is my reply to pinto in India us thread
    Pinto
    Pinto

Post  Pinto Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 pm

sepheronx wrote:They say it won't be about creating bases, but this is first step to it. US has a tendency to slip those things in afterwards.  What will ultimately concern Russians that may force them to abandon plans in selling them and cooperating in military tech with India, is that it will be compromised since US has a history of making their way into sensitive areas to take pictures and such. They did this even in Russia at NAPO plant. That of course was dealt with.

At this point, India is a security threat to both China and Russia. Effectively also destroyed BRICS.

Good job Indians for screwing up this hard.

^
    This is my reply to pinto in India us thread

i feel you are taking it wrong, personally i am against the close defence ties with US but why India did it can be discussed
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:23 pm

You Indians have little knowledge on history, outside of India of course. History has proven US always has ulterior methods. US made no secret when they said they want to move India away from Russia. Only Indians have their heads so far in the sand, they try to think different.
    Pinto
    Pinto

Post  Pinto Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:01 pm

sepheronx wrote:You Indians have little knowledge on history, outside of India of course. History has proven US always has ulterior methods. US made no secret when they said they want to move India away from Russia. Only Indians have their heads so far in the sand, they try to think different.

what ever US does it wont be able to wean away India from Russia, present govt is more inclined to US for strategic balance seeing china pak creating troubles for india, but this govt too wont be able to make much diffrence seeing public perception in India is pro Russia always

Public perception means general Indian public not the key board warriors we are seeing now a days supporting present govt on all issues irrespective of its impact
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Keep telling yourself that. The rest of us aren't deluded or stupid. Even gatauv admits it. I've been to India and dealt with enough Indians. Majority has no idea what the US is doing. Most don't even realize that the terrorists India has to deal with are offshoots to what US and Pakistan has created and grew in the Balkans and Afghanistan. You guys are essentially fighting a US proxy. I foresee bad stuff for India. This move will alienate countries like Iran and Russia, and US will continue to take advantage and maybe instigate the troubles like separatism in India, so they can sell weapons.

A lot of the Indian Khalistanis live in US and Canada. Many of them have political authority too. They also may attempt to take advantage of this.

A general saying: give them an inch, they will take a mile.

Just don't complaint about it later.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:41 pm

sepheronx wrote:Keep telling yourself that. The rest of us aren't deluded or stupid.  Even gatauv admits it.  I've been to India and dealt with enough Indians. Majority has no idea what the US is doing. Most don't even realize that the terrorists India has to deal with are offshoots to what US and Pakistan has created and grew in the Balkans and Afghanistan.  You guys are essentially fighting a US proxy. I foresee bad stuff for India. This move will alienate countries like Iran and Russia, and US will continue to take advantage and maybe instigate the troubles like separatism in India, so they can sell weapons.

A lot of the Indian Khalistanis live in US and Canada.  Many of them have political authority too.  They also may attempt to take advantage of this.

A general saying: give them an inch, they will take a mile.

Just don't complaint about it later.

The Pentagon has been arming Pakistan for decades with tens of billions of dollars in military aid, but hypocritically they whine about China's support for Pakistan. China didn't sell Pakistan all those F-16s. The Pentagon is explicitly a Atlanticist entity, as in Anglo Saxon Supremacy (A.S.S.) alliance with the U.K., the same ideology that enslaved India as a British colony. The same Pentagon threatened to attack India, so that they can protect their darling Pakistan. The same A.S.S. also installed Idi Amin in to power in Uganda, who persecuted the local Indian population.

With all that said, it doesn't seem that Indians real care about the shit flung in their direction by A.S.S. inc., because their too busy being jealous about China's meteoric rise to power.
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:37 am

SOME HARD REPLIES COMING FROM INDIAN NAVY
    ONly a true INdian NAVY Admiral could have written this ariticle

We  anticipated almost 3 years ago in April 2014 .. when this (i dont call him a man though) became PM ..
    then evryone was laughing at me.
    THe reality bites and bites hard .. gentlemen.. he is typical Poland imported  neo con freak.
    In indian language his behaviour is called hindutva.

India signs MIlitary logistics deal with U.S

The signing is an act of Capitulation – it signals to the world that we are no longer capable of defending ourselves and that we
    depend henceforth on the US Military Umbrella to defend India , notwithstanding the belated clarification from the
    Ministry of Defense that this Agreement does not provide for Bases etc , an eye wash emanating from an organ(MOD)
     which has neither studied nor has an understanding of history, geo-politics or strategy.
    The Agreement secures no security , it worsens insecurity and gravely damages our defenses.

The fact is that with this– we have ceased to be an Independent Power , ceased to be an Independent Pole in an an emerging multi-polar world
    …capitulated to serve as ‘cannon fodder ‘ to the ‘principled US strategic security architecture in Asia’ in other words the ‘Pivot to Asia’ and South Asia

Further this Agreement and its predictable trajectory demoralises the Indian Armed forces and will steadily erode/diminish their confidence
    in strategic planning and the capacity to undertake joint operations independently (as in the ‘War of Movement’ in Bangladesh that achieved
    our politico-military objectives in just 12 days with 93,000 POWs laying down arms). It increases the chances of manipulation of the
    Indian military to secure US political, military, business/economic objectives in South Asia and the Region in ways that are an open
    secret in many countries the world over, including NATO members and Europe.

As you have written LEMOA is likely to destabilise/rupture multi-segment, strategic agreements in place to strengthen our capabilities
    and capacities over a wide spectrum and open up new fronts of distrust, built up painstakingly over decades.

What is worrying is that this ‘thin end of the wedge’ is signed just at the time that it will do irretrievable damage.
    Are we so susceptible, so vulnerable, so myopic, just when the old order or if you like the ‘New World Order’ is
    in terminal decline and the Dollar System so fragile!?

If the Nation is indeed Sovereign , as it is claimed , this agreement needs to be ‘suspended’ or put in the freezer for
    the good of both sides , for even the saner elements, here and there, should clearly foresee that it must lead to
    ‘structured chaos’ which is uncontrollable and unpredictable, as I repeat, in its consequences.

Warm regards
    Admiral Vishnu Bhagwat

IN G20- even Philipines who just survives on young women ..had the guts to stand upto Obama.. this creature representing 3 billion
    Indians in the world was busy boot polishing the U.S for importing F-16 and F-18 junks into INdia.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

India's Foreign policy - Page 2 Empty India Foreign policy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:14 am

gaurav wrote:SOME HARD REPLIES COMING FROM INDIAN NAVY
    ONly a true INdian NAVY Admiral could have written this ariticle

We  anticipated almost 3 years ago in April 2014 .. when this (i dont call him a man though) became PM ..
    then evryone was laughing at me.
    THe reality bites and bites hard .. gentlemen.. he is typical Poland imported  neo con freak.
    In indian language his behaviour is called hindutva.

IN G20- even Philipines who just survives on young women ..had the guts to stand upto Obama.. this creature representing 3 billion
    Indians in the world was busy boot polishing the U.S for importing F-16 and F-18 junks into INdia.

This admiral has balls of steel. Right man on the right place then.

hold your horses cowboy, Nothing is forever besides county interests. Modi had something in agenda to sign it. Maybe blackmail with restrictions for Indian services?

I am sure that with Us getting weaker India will ently say no to such treaties.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:33 pm

China-India rapprochement makes sense
    http://www.atimes.com/china-india-rapprochement-makes-sense/?utm_source=The+Daily+Report&utm_campaign=902f2bd861-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_08_24_11_51&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1f8bca137f-902f2bd861-31607385

He's right, they have a lot more to gain by "burying the hatchet".
    Their populations have similar statistics:
    http://countrymeters.info/en/India
    http://countrymeters.info/en/China

Millions of ethnic Indians & Chinese live in SE Asia called Indochina:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysian_Indians#Demographics
    http://factsanddetails.com/asian/cat66/sub418/item2729.html

I never heard of any tensions between them there.
    All things considered, India could never become another "superpower pole", but with its large geography & population won't become subservient to China under all circumstances, but will suffer more if she sides with the West & Japan against China, Iran & Pakistan, all of whom r now de-facto allied with Russia. The US already sanctions India for buying Iranian oil & Russian S-400.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:21 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:China-India rapprochement makes sense
    {}
    I never heard of any tensions between them there.
    All things considered, India could never become another "superpower pole", but with its large geography & population won't become subservient to China under all circumstances, but will suffer more if she sides with the West & Japan against China, Iran & Pakistan, all of whom r now de-facto allied with Russia. The US already sanctions India for buying Iranian oil & Russian S-400.

because there were no NATO so no tensions there. Both countries see thet stake is very high. From western (US) serfs to independent poles in multi-polar world.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:21 am

Buddhism came to Tibet & China from India; the 1st Chan (Zen) Patriarch of the Shaolin Temple is Indian monk Da Mo who influenced its martial arts; Chinese monks traveled to India for sutras & there was Chinatown in Bombay/Mumbai. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xuanzang
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinatown,_Mumbai

The exiled Dalai Lama is still in N. India.
    Also, both India (189M) & China (up to 50M) + most of Pakistan (204M) have big Muslim populations:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country#Table
    https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-largest-muslim-populations.html

NE India peoples r ethnically close to Chinese. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_India#Ethnic_groups

In short, they have a lot more things in common than differences.

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:12 pm

India, China agree to expand military ties after defence talks
    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-india-china/india-china-agree-to-expand-military-ties-after-defence-talks-idUKKCN1L90GD

Reason for optimism on Pakistan-India relations
    http://www.atimes.com/reason-for-optimism-on-pakistan-india-relations/?utm_source=The+Daily+Report&utm_campaign=a673be16fc-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_08_27_11_45&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1f8bca137f-a673be16fc-31607385

It's now a quad of RF, PRC, Pakistan & India. Turkey & Iran now also have good relations with all 4 of them.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:25 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:

It's now a quad of RF, PRC, Pakistan & India. Turkey & Iran now also have good relations with all 4 of them.

There also levers  to influence Indian policy towards Russia (export of Indian services is mainly to US). Every system also to protect its interests, i dont think US is gonna to live it asis.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:22 am

India doesn't border on the US & has more to gain by mending fences with nearby Pakistan & the PRC. They may play the American card against both to gain some concessions but at the end of the day they know better not to be used by the USA that can & will backstab once it suits them. As the British, they "have no permanent allies".
    India has enough room to improve her security & still remain formally non-allied, even after improving her ties with Pakistan & China.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:06 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:India doesn't border on the US.

They do:

With Russia’s flagship arms trading company Rosoboronexport coming under sanctions by the US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) last month, almost the entire arms trade with India has come to a grinding halt after the State Bank of India put an immediate stop to all payments from April 7.

Read more at:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/us-sanctions-rain-on-india-russia-defence-parade/articleshow/64036673.cms

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:18 am