Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
Cyberspec
sepheronx
x_54_u43
Project Canada
victor1985
JohninMK
Book.
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
OminousSpudd
marcinko
Flanky
Neutrality
Regular
Strizh
Voskhod
Zivo
max steel
Stealthflanker
Kimppis
ahmedfire
AlfaT8
George1
AbsoluteZero
kvs
Kyo
mutantsushi
Big_Gazza
Mike E
AirCargo
navyfield
arpakola
Vann7
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
gaurav
Firebird
collegeboy16
xeno
zg18
milky_candy_sugar
coolieno99
Hachimoto
SOC
Mindstorm
Werewolf
Deep Throat
dino00
Viktor
flamming_python
Austin
Sujoy
TR1
fredleander
Pervius
Hoof
Andy_Wiz
GarryB
nightcrawler
Ogannisyan8887
Admin
65 posters

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1

Post  sepheronx Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:34 am

Export Revenue to Help Russian Space Industry Cut Expenditures - Roscosmos

According to this, the budget for the super heavy rocket was reduced to $1.15B from $11B. So that means they will either save money on moving it to Angara which most likely is the case and what I have heard they said they will do, or it will take longer to produce it. Time will tell.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:04 pm

Vann, keep one simple fact in mind: no one is getting to Mars alone, even Russia and USA together is a long shot. They will need China, Europe and probably Japan and India to chip in to get it off the ground.
    And even then it's along shot if they go with chemical rockets as propulsion system.

It is 3 year round trip with no margin of error.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:10 pm

sepheronx wrote:Export Revenue to Help Russian Space Industry Cut Expenditures - Roscosmos

According to this, the budget for the super heavy rocket was reduced to $1.15B from $11B.  So that means they will either save money on moving it to Angara which most likely is the case and what I have heard they said they will do, or it will take longer to produce it.  Time will tell.

This is because they dropped the separate super heavy rocket and opted to modify Angara for manned missions. Hence the much lower figure.

Instead of one super heavy rocket they will use two heavy Angaras.
    One launch for crew capsule and other for propulsion module. Then they connect in orbit and move on to their destination.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:31 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Export Revenue to Help Russian Space Industry Cut Expenditures - Roscosmos

According to this, the budget for the super heavy rocket was reduced to $1.15B from $11B.  So that means they will either save money on moving it to Angara which most likely is the case and what I have heard they said they will do, or it will take longer to produce it.  Time will tell.

This is because they dropped the separate super heavy rocket and opted to modify Angara for manned missions. Hence the much lower figure.

Instead of one super heavy rocket they will use two heavy Angaras.
    One launch for crew capsule and other for propulsion module. Then they connect in orbit and move on to their destination.  

Makes sense. Also, it seems that nuclear propulsion system is still being worked on but with changes to its development. But they didnt state what that entails.

Once Roscosmos is merged together with the other space based development companies, there should be significant amount of revenue and budget to start improving roscosmos. Something that has been stated before, is that money alone has not fixed any of the problems facing the organization. While budget these years is definatly higher than mid 2000's, but a huge portion of issues still stand: mismanagement, wasteage of funds, corruption, poor QC for parts, aging workforce, etc. So dumping just money wont fix that, but clearly merging groups, streamline production (Angara for example) and getting all branches to work closer will definatly help that. To me, it is surprising that Roscosmos has actually continued to function as well as it has with the various issues and horrible underfunding of last decade. But it continues to strive. Angara rockets alone will help generate plenty of profits for Roscosmos and those profits alone will help in modernization.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:25 am

sepheronx wrote:Presents new Russian space suit for spacewalk

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:45 am

PapaDragon wrote:Vann, keep one simple fact in mind: no one is getting to Mars alone, even Russia and USA together is a  long shot. They will need China, Europe and probably Japan and India to chip in to get it off the ground.
    And even then it's along shot if they go with chemical rockets as propulsion system.

It is 3 year round trip with no margin of error.

That's why it is a transcendentally stupid idea to use inertial guidance to get there. Russia is developing a nuclear powered
    ion engine and they should use something similar to go to Mars. Instead of a minimum of six months it would take around a month to get
    there. Ideally one would have a 1 g thrust system and the trip would consist of accelerating to the half way point and then flipping the
    craft around and decelerating at 1 g for the last half of the trip. This way there would be artificial gravity on the trip as well and the
    total trip time would be about 4 days.

I don't see the point of even trying to go to Mars without developing the technology first. The technology is clearly within reach
    and some stupid "we got there first" in a tin can boasting is idiotic. I find the project where people are signing up on a one way trip
    to Mars to be retarded as well.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:50 pm

The Aussie's aren't even close to being a significant space power, yet they can get away with this?

Australia delaying visas to Russian Roscosmos team heading to UN satnav conference

I'd like to hear GarryB's reaction to this, because the Bogan ham-handed Tony Abbot govt. is getting kookier by the day...but I'm sure his xenophobic Bogan constituency will support him with this, and I'm also sure Tony can successfully 'shirt-front' a internationally recognized judo grand-master lol!
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:35 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:The Aussie's aren't even close to being a significant space power, yet they can get away with this?

Australia delaying visas to Russian Roscosmos team heading to UN satnav conference

I'd like to hear GarryB's reaction to this, because the Bogan ham-handed Tony Abbot govt. is getting kookier by the day...but I'm sure his xenophobic Bogan constituency will support him with this, and I'm also sure Tony can successfully 'shirt-front' a internationally recognized judo grand-master lol!

Australia is a yappy chihuahua just like Canada. Two bit irrelevant countries acting tough hiding under Uncle Sam's coat tails. I know something about
    Canada's space capacity and it is a joke. It's basically a welfare project to keep some second rate companies alive. There is no vision and no plan for
    anything more. The internal bureaucracy at the CSA is petty and capricious and flip flop on a dime. In many ways Canada would be better off just
    shutting it down and buying services from the USA directly without pretending to be autonomous.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:44 am

I guess at that point, whatever Russia launches into space and UN starts to bitch about it, they can point their complaints over to Australia for not allowing their scientists to join the conference.

Too bad for them I suppose. Just continue to do work and screw what the rest thinks.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:28 am

Hopefully that myopic President in the kremlin will be out in next elections..and someone
    else with more vision replace him and take Russia space program to the lead. not the backseat.

Space races are shockingly expensive and ultimately stupid... look at the only example... the US got men to land on the moon first... they didn't land things first on the moon, they didn't orbit the moon first, they didn't even see the other side of the moon first... all they did was land men there... a trillion dollar one man game of golf... with a golf cart and everything...

A trip to mars is going to be much more complicated and dangerous... a nuclear powered ion engine will have a dramatic effect on any trip there.

Makes sense. Also, it seems that nuclear propulsion system is still being worked on but with changes to its development. But they didnt state what that entails.

I think the change they have made is that instead of creating a space tug with nuclear power and ion engines they will just create the engines and power source so that it can be built into any space craft.

Instead of a minimum of six months it would take around a month to get
    there. Ideally one would have a 1 g thrust system and the trip would consist of accelerating to the half way point and then flipping the
    craft around and decelerating at 1 g for the last half of the trip. This way there would be artificial gravity on the trip as well and the
    total trip time would be about 4 days.

I totally agree, but I think 1g is too ambitious... a thrust of maybe 0.2-0.4g would be enough and greatly simplify things.

To explain to others, having a chemical rocket means enormous thrust for a few minutes and then you coast most of the way, with another chemical rocket burn near the end of the flight to slow back down when close to the destination. That means zero gravity most of the way... which is a pain, because you will need ventilation fans going all the time blowing air around and scrubbing the CO2 out of the air so the cosmonauts don't suffocate... without fans the air would not circulate and once you had breathed in and out for a few minutes there would be a build up of CO2 near you and a reduction in O2. (You don't breath out only CO2 otherwise mouth to mouth resuscitation would be mouth to mouth suffocation). the fans move the air around and filters take the CO2 out of the air and replace it with more O2... hopefully somewhere on the ship there are plants to convert the CO2 into O2 as well as provide food.

the point is that even very low gravity will make most things a lot easier and simpler.

If you launch two spacecraft on a very long journey like to Mars... one with chemical rockets, and one with ION engines the chemical rocket will race away ahead of the ION powered craft, because the chemical engined rocket will accelerate much faster but over a very short period... but solid rocket fuel is heavy and relatively inefficient... sending a rocket to Mars you will need 10 times the weight of the payload in rocket fuel to go there, but you also need more rocket fuel to stop when you get there... and you need even more rocket fuel to come back... lets say the payload is a 20 ton spaceship orbiter for Mars... to slow it down in Mars orbit you might need 5 times the fuel weight as the payload... which means 100 tons of fuel just to slow down... which means you have to have 10 times 20 tons plus 100 tons of fuel... 1200 tons of fuel to launch to Mars... and that is not even landing or people on board or food and basic requirements.

With an ION engine it has very low thrust but it can operate continuously for years... yes years.

At launch the chemical rocket will streak away, while the ion powered craft will slowly gather speed... after 5 minutes the chemical rocket will have stopped burning and will coast all the rest of the way and after a couple of days the ion engined craft will be travelling at the same speed... but a day later it will be travelling much much faster and it will continue to be moving much faster for the rest of the trip till about 3/4ths of the way there... at the half way mark the ion spacecraft will rotate 180 degrees and start to decellerate, because while it takes a long time to get up to high speed it also takes a long time to slow down too.

In fact an interesting idea would be disposable solid rocket boosters for the ion craft... they could be used to speed up deceleration so instead of slowing down for half the trip they could delay slowing down to later in the flight to increase the average speed and reduce flight time.

The huge advantage of long burn time for ion engines is not the only advantage... it gains relatively high thrust from very light weight material ejected at very high velocity and it is the ejection velocity that determines top speed... this means ion engines can accelerate an object to a much higher speed than chemical rockets too so even though it take longer it can get to much higher speeds.

I don't see the point of even trying to go to Mars without developing the technology first. The technology is clearly within reach
    and some stupid "we got there first" in a tin can boasting is idiotic. I find the project where people are signing up on a one way trip
    to Mars to be retarded as well.

X2

He is a dick, and I wonder why such international organisations bother having conferences in such xenophobic places. Without Russia present this conference will be largely pointless... I would say to Russia... don't go even if the Visas are given. Screw them.

I guess at that point, whatever Russia launches into space and UN starts to bitch about it, they can point their complaints over to Australia for not allowing their scientists to join the conference.

All future conferences in Russia? Twisted Evil
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:34 am

I mentioned chemical rocket fuel above, for a similar trip with an ion engine you could do it with a couple of tons of material at the most... and more important the trip would be much much shorter, so less onboard food and water will be needed... which means much less weight... which is critical on any expedition.

With the water on Mars you could send processing rockets to mine the water so that when you arrive you have drinking water, air to breathe and if you need it, rocket fuel (H and O2)...

With a nuclear power plant in orbit with ion engines you could take heavy but safe water up off Mars with you and then with the electricity from the nuke engine convert to Hydrogen and Oxygen and you have rocket fuel to get you going on the way home or you can use it like the disposable rockets as I suggested above to allow faster deceleration so the trip home will be much faster too...
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:49 am

US landed first in moon with holywood movies... No manned moon landing.. sorry.
    No humans ever left the earth orbit.. Never in the history of science , Engineers send man
    to a potential suicide mission without testing first and mastering the flight without them.
    http://www.aulis.com/stereoparallax.htm

ABout space race being "Expensive" , is Not more expensive than the weapon race..
    Russia defense industry spend $ 80 BILLIONS   every year in weapons...
    but in space program Russia only spend $4 Billions .  While NASA spend $17 billions every year.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/27/news/economy/russia-space-crisis-cosmodrome/

So is not a money problem.. is more a priority problem.. Russia waste a lot of money , in things
    they don't need to defend their nation.. Everyone and their mother in Russia defense Industry
    complained about the buy of 4 mystrals carriers.  

Russia don't need mistrals.. Russia don't need Aircraft Carriers for what? To project what?
    Russia don't need Amphibious warships.. who is Russia Going to invade? Russia don't fight outside their borders.. Russia government could easily get $10 to $15 billions in space budget.. if they just cut in their defense industry.. in things they dont need . to decommission all those rusty Soviets Big warships that are NOT NEEDED, and will pose no deterrence in any way to Americans and just keep a small but modern navy.. instead of a large but old one..  I can't see how useful will be for RUssia a large navy ,that will not be used at all..
    in case of any war with NATO it will go nuclear and an any surface destroyer will not be used at all. any low tonnage warships ,with a few Onyks missiles will be enough..  Americans needs
    a large navy because they invade /attack third world countries every year. . Russia invade no one.. they don't need a large navy. Is not going to help Russia protect their mother land.. neither will help in Ukraine conflict a large navy..  Russia Army and Airforce and land missile forces ,with Submarines will be more than Enough to defend Russian land ,they don't need 300+ warships.. to defend anything.. unless they have plans to fight a conventional war with NATO and have the wrong believe it will not end in nuclear war. Something they can do with their airforce ,submarines and land nuclear Missiles like Iskanders or TOpol.

With the cut in Russia space program ,Russia is giving up traveling to mars.. this is what the
    Myopic president told.. that will leave Mars to americans.. and focus in the Moon.   Neutral

IF Russia really wants to defend their Nation.. they need Full domination of SPACE.. is a simple as that. And this is what americans are doing. not stupid mystral warships or ice breakers or very large warship that are very vulnerable to Submarines or Combat jets or simple mines.

By dominating space completely , in unmaneed and manned missions..with their own space stations and space shuttles, Russia can effectively and very quickly switch their civilians space program to a military one..and deploy battle stations in space if Americans deploy weapons there..as they are already saying will do.  Russia is really missing opportunities to take advantage of times like this ,where american space program is in problems..by cutting their
    space budget.. instead balancing their weapon program.. and decommission things Russia dont
    need for the defend of their territory.

Because Russia Project NOTHING... and Defend directly NO ONE far away of its territory. (look at Syria ,that only limits to supply weapons to them.) then what the fuzz of having a large navy with Big warships? for Penis contest?  Russian S-400 and S-500 on Russian Borders and its airforce will be good enough for the job of defending their land..  

Full spectrum Space Domination IS the only thing in the world that can give Russia
    real peace of mind ,and a real nation defense..will allow Russia to to stop any ballistic missiles..
    before it reach space.. and FAR away of Russian borders.. and this is a HUGE PLUS.. and if that wasn't good enough , it will significantly Boost Russia space civilian program and travel to Moon
    and Mars.. not in the year 2035 or 5,000 .. .. but in 2020 like US and CHINA are planning ..

IF Russia reduce the spending on its Surface navy by 20% ,decomissioning old soviet warships and saving a lot in salaries to thousands of sailors..and increase by 20% their space budget..
    then Russia will have enough for a really revolutionary Space Program..  And it will generate
    many hundreds of THousands of Jobs and create an industrial revolution.  All this without
    reducing in any way the defense capabilities of Russia Federation.

Just look at Israel.. they don't have Aircraft carriers.. and just 5 submarines.. but who is going to dare to attack them from NATO ? and they do have an updated very capable BIG airforce ,that could make anyone in NATO or Russia to think 100x times to attack them. Neither Turkey have aircraft carriers and not a single destroyer.. But with lots of small capable and lethal coastal warships.. with cruise missiles and torpedos. all neccessary to defend their land. Who is going to invade or attack Turkey the second most powerful army in NATO? . Someone is really wrongly advice the Russian President.. what they are doing is dead wrong..making it easier for Americans to CUT  Russia from space.. for being so myopic and not see how americans and others in NATO are testing many projects for the militarization of space.

Airforce defeats Navy.. and Land forces defeats airforce.. and simply formula that always work when you have powerful anti air defenses. and who control space ,controls everything under it.
    NATO cannot fly over Russia.. and NATO warships cannot get either close because Russia airforce will wipe them.. who needs a navy for defending your land? when you have a long range powerful airforce?  

Russia defense industry should focus in Army and airforce and missile forces.. and not waste money is floating coffins destroyers with very short range weapons or very large navy with big warships.  Russia is not America that can afford to project power far away of its land.. .and should focus on its nation territorial defense and only that. and not into sending warships far away of its lands..
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:00 pm

Vann7 wrote:US landed first in moon with holywood movies... No manned moon landing.. sorry.
    No humans ever left the earth orbit............................ lol1 lol1 lol1 ..........

Idiot... No
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:22 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:US landed first in moon with holywood movies... No manned moon landing.. sorry.
    No humans ever left the earth orbit............................  lol1  lol1  lol1  ..........

Idiot... No

Just look at the link provided.. the whole Official Images of NASA of the moon, have been debunked as FRAUD.. it was an studio with artificial background images.. there is overwhelming
    evidence of being a fraud...and Not just from Photographic evidence but many other things. The only people who believe in the Apollo Moon landing cool story ,where americans supposedly played Golf.. are LAZY people who have very little to no research. Is for nothing ,not for coincidence that americans depends on Russia to fly to Space.. And their independence of Russia space technology.. they Never consider reviving their Saturn Rocket.. and improving it. Never in the History of Science a technology that produce so much success to a Nation.. is retired and never used again.. That only happen in Fantasy Land.  The natural thing to do when something really works in Engineering or have an acceptable success /failure rate is to continue developing it.. not to shut it down ,like NASA did to the Saturn Rocket.. This is the reason of Russia Soyuz Rocket success .  The whole Apollo space program was a fraud , and they never left the earth orbit.. this have even been slipped by accident by Astronauts in interviews ,explaining the danger of the radiation for humans,beyond the earth orbit. (that is twice farther than the International Space station distance from earth) . but not going to repost again
    all those videos.. just look 10 to 20 pages ago and you will see all the evidence you need to know the Apollo lunar manned program was a 100% fraud.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:27 am

Vann we have been over this multiple times before.... 

A) The Moon Landings did indeed happen, and all the 'evidence' saying otherwise has been debunked.

B) This is not the place to debate a topic like this anyway.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:39 am

Faked or not it would not change jack shit in reality. We know for a fact, russia is most technological advanced and stayed so since the first launch, everything else does not matter.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:19 am

max steel wrote:
    China wishes to buy Russian RD-180 rocket engines

China is interested in buying Russia’s RD-180 dual-combustion chamber 400 tonne thrust engines for its prospective super-heavy-lift launch vehicle, a source familiar with the situation told Interfax-AVN on July 7.

“The question is at least about buying ready rocket engines, first and foremost, RD-180, or even acquiring a production license,” the source said in comment on a statement by Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin who said on Monday that China might buy Russian rocket engines.

In his words, “the second option is undesirable to us.”

From Post n°175
    https://www.russiadefence.net/t2944p165-sino-russian-relations

Rd 180 the west east russia
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:03 am

Excellent news with the Chinese wanting to buy Russian rockets.... sell them but don't sell the licence to produce them.

Money is tight at the moment, so it makes sense to reduce budgets at the moment in most areas, but Vann, you are being silly. Getting a Russian to Mars first wont mean anything if the Russian military is underfunded and weak.

Money that is cut now can be spent later on when the economy improves and economic ties with the rest of the world that is not the EU and US improves the position of both partners.

Regarding US domination of space... that is amusing... the Russians have systems that can interfere with satellites... from electronic interference through to lasers on the A-60 to directly interfere with optical sensors... having the high ground might make the US think its position is safe, but when a conflict actually starts and their satellites start failing they might realise that learning to read a map and learning to navigate with map and compass was something they should have taught their soldiers and sailors...
    max steel
    max steel

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1 - Page 29 Empty Three spacecraft “Gonets-M” put into operation

Post  max steel Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Three spacecraft “Gonets-M” put into operation

Three spacecraft “Gonets-M”, launched March 31, 2015, were put into operation.This is stated in a message posted on the website of “Information Satellite Systems named after Reshetnev”, the manufacturer of satellites.

“Once being in orbit satellites of personal communications “Gonets-M” of number 21, 22, 23 orbital inspection was carried out, during which experts have tested the operation of all systems of spacecraft. At the moment they are used for their intended purpose,” the message said.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:39 pm

GarryB wrote:Excellent news with the Chinese wanting to buy Russian rockets.... sell them but don't sell the licence to produce them.

Money is tight at the moment, so it makes sense to reduce budgets at the moment in most areas, but Vann, you are being silly. Getting a Russian to Mars first wont mean anything if the Russian military is underfunded and weak.

Money that is cut now can be spent later on when the economy improves and economic ties with the rest of the world that is not the EU and US improves the position of both partners.

Regarding US domination of space... that is amusing... the Russians have systems that can interfere with satellites... from electronic interference through to lasers on the A-60 to directly interfere with optical sensors... having the high ground might make the US think its position is safe, but when a conflict actually starts and their satellites start failing they might realise that learning to read a map and learning to navigate with map and compass was something they should have taught their soldiers and sailors...

I think Ru the one kill rival space Twisted Evil

US China next decade Rd 180 !

I read the note. No need satlite.

US can no stop !   lol1

Russian Tu-160 and PAKDA Strategic Bombers to Use Star Power
    by Staff Writers
    Moscow (Sputnik) Jul 05, 2015

Jamming Russian long-range bombers' navigation satellite systems will not throw them off course. They will navigate using stars.

Russian long-range aircraft such as Tu-160 strategic bombers will be equipped with a technologically new system that figures out a plane's coordinates based on the position of the stars.

The new ANS-2009 astronavigation system can determine an aircraft's position and speed with high precision.

Its main advantage over other systems is that this method "is supremely reliable in combat conditions when navigation satellite systems (NSS) can be brought out of operation by an enemy," the manufacturer's press service said.

The integration of ANS, NSS and platformless inertial navigation systems aboard would allow a plane's coordinates to be calculated with maximum precision.

The technical achievements realized in the ANS-2009 will be used in the next-generation strategic bomber PAK DA, the Radio-Electronic Technologies Concern (KRET) added.

The Russian Tu-160 is a supersonic variable-sweep wing heavy strategic bomber/missile carrier. It can engage targets around the globe with nuclear and conventional weapons.

Moscow decided to renew the production of the world's largest supersonic bomber jets and modernize them.

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Russian_Tu_160_and_PAKDA_Strategic_Bombers_to_Use_Star_Power_999.html
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Russia forms Roscosmos state corporation

The state corporation is set up on the basis of the Russian Federal Space Agency and the United Rocket and Space Corporation

MOSCOW, July 13. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin signed the law establishing the state space corporation Roscosmos, the press service of the Kremlin said on Monday.

The state corporation is set up on the basis of the Russian Federal Space Agency and the United Rocket and Space Corporation. It becomes the authorized management agency in the field of research, development and use of outer space. The corporation will manage space operations and implement the regulatory control in this sphere. CEO of the United Rocket and Space Corporation Igor Komarov will lead the newly established corporation.

The state corporation will provide services in the field of space exploration, support development of rocket and space products of defense, dual, research and socioeconomic nature, coordinate activities related to GLONASS global positioning system, manage and coordinate operations at Baikonur and Vostochny launch sites.

Roscosmos will also be responsible for international activities in the field of space research and use.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:47 am

http://tass.ru/kosmos/2117189

Energia may be reborn as Energia-3 (75 tons to LEO) and Energia-6 (150 tons to LEO). This would
    be after 2025. Until 2025 the priority is the Angara-A5B.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:39 am

The Space services is a bit like the Navy... right now small efficient and capable should be the priority... get them into service and all the bugs worked out and then look at larger stuff to expand capability and reach.

Bigger is more expensive but you wont need as many so it is not that expensive...
    victor1985

Post  victor1985 Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:26 pm

Do the russia sattelites are tested in a facility with radiation? And with heat? And with frozen? Why then the Persona sattelites failed? Is enough to put that sattelite near a radiation source like a cobalt 60 reactor
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:59 pm

RSC Energia Contract with Orbital Sciences Corporation Signed
    Press Release From: RSC Energia
    Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The President of RSC ENERGIA (which is a part of the United Rocket and Space Corporation) Vladimir SOLNTSEV and General Durector of Orbital Sciences Corporation (OSC) David THOMPSON have signed a direct contract for the delivery to the US of engines made by NPO ENERGOMASH (a subsidiary of RSC Energia).

The contract value is approximately US$1 billion (the exact figure is a commercial secret). Altogether, Russia is to deliver to the US 60 RD-181 engines - the customer is going to receive the first two engines as early as June 2015. The contract was concluded directly with the Orbital Sciences Corporation.

The engine RD-181 was developed specifically for use on the ANTARES launch vehicle, its use will make it possible to deliver significantly bigger payloads to the ISS and low-Earth orbits. Used in the production of RD-181 are state-of-the-art materials, innovative engineering and design solutions, which made it possible to improve the engine performance (the thrust is 186 tons). RD-181 was derived from the engine RD-191, which enabled the successful flight of ANGARA launch vehicle in the summer of 2014, and which was also installed on ANGARA launch vehicle which flew in December of 2014 from Plesetsk launch site.

The contract and addendums to it were concluded for engine deliveries and engineering support of the project - firing tests, engine installation, pre-flight processing, etc., which provides NPO ENERGOMASH with an opportunity to develop further, to upgrade its equipment, and stimulate its employees to develop and implement new advanced projects.

Vladimir SOLNTSEV, the President of RSC ENERGIA says: "We produce a whole family of engines built around a common manufacturing concept, which means that we can support virtually any kind of launch vehicles: from super-light to super-heavy. The statistics is unequivocal: our liquid rocket engines are 100% reliable; and, by the way, almost a half of all the space launches in world in the last year were made using NPO ENERGOMASH engines. We had been working on this contract for 3 years, and we are glad that our US colleagues share our principles: the foremost factor in today's world, along with the product quality and competitive pricing, is the reliability of the supplier himself".

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=44856

US company OB go Rd 180
    60 engine. $1 billon

Mccain so stopid Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 28, 2024 11:07 am