Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+11
thegopnik
Arrow
Hannibal Barca
max steel
Werewolf
GarryB
George1
KomissarBojanchev
AlfaT8
Zivo
nemrod
15 posters

USAF 6th Generation Fighters

Arrow

USAF 6th Generation Fighters - Page 2 Empty US 6th gen fighter

Post  Arrow Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:05 pm

https://www.defensenews.com/digital-show-dailies/2019/09/16/the-us-air-forces-radical-plan-for-a-future-fighter-could-field-a-jet-in-5-years/

Amazing and apparently they are not so innovative Shocked

thegopnik
    thegopnik

USAF 6th Generation Fighters - Page 2 Empty Re: USAF 6th Generation Fighters

Post  thegopnik Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:21 pm

Arrow wrote:https://www.defensenews.com/digital-show-dailies/2019/09/16/the-us-air-forces-radical-plan-for-a-future-fighter-could-field-a-jet-in-5-years/

And just like the F-35 it wont have half the shit operational but will receive an operational sticker attached to it anyways.
    marcellogo
    marcellogo

USAF 6th Generation Fighters - Page 2 Empty US 6th gen fighter

Post  marcellogo Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Arrow wrote:https://www.defensenews.com/digital-show-dailies/2019/09/16/the-us-air-forces-radical-plan-for-a-future-fighter-could-field-a-jet-in-5-years/

The century series as a role model of good development practise, NOW I have seen everything. No No No

Of all them the only real successful one was... the F-4.

F-100 was obsolete in less time it got to be developed, F-101 from the very beginning , F-102 was an F-106 without area ruling, F-104 began to be,I wouldn't say , effective but almost to have a sense only when Germans and Italian respectively went to correct the ludicrous operative role USAF gave them first, F-105 was nicknamed the "THUD", guess why? and the F-106 was a Century series passed trough a second phase of development i.e. it was the exact contrary to what the article called for...
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:54 am

marcellogo wrote:

The century series as a role model of good development practise, NOW I have seen everything. No  No  No

F-100 was obsolete in less time it got to be developed, F-101 from the very beginning , F-102 was an F-106 without area ruling, F-104 began to be,I wouldn't say , effective but almost to have a sense only when Germans and Italian respectively went to correct the ludicrous operative role USAF gave them first, F-105 was nicknamed the "THUD", guess why? and the F-106 was a Century series passed trough a second phase of development i.e. it was the exact contrary to what the article called for...

Luftwaffe dubbed the Starfighter the flying coffin because they lost so many qualified/experienced pilots

GarryB likes this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:08 am

Godric wrote:
    marcellogo wrote:

The century series as a role model of good development practise, NOW I have seen everything. No  No  No

Luftwaffe dubbed the Starfighter the flying coffin because they lost so many qualified/experienced pilots

Which explains why the Luftwaffe was more than willing to let go of purchasing Lockheed F-35's (let alone VTOL variants).
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:23 am

Paralay is the best fucking troll out there man Laughing Laughing Laughing It took me awhile to get the joke, and I started laughing even more like an idiot when the bottom user did not know that Paralay was fucking around made it even more funny. https://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=57828&p=478963#p478963 I will share the screenshots to be sure they don't get deleted later.

USAF 6th Generation Fighters - Page 2 Ngad110

USAF 6th Generation Fighters - Page 2 Ngad210

USAF 6th Generation Fighters - Page 2 Ngad310

USAF 6th Generation Fighters - Page 2 Ngad410

Those that dont get the Joke he basically made his own 6th gen Russian design but used it with 1st stage Su-57 engines to go mock the **** out of the NGADs engine performance. We know that the Su-57 1st stage engines is 3,500kms max range and 4,500kms with fuel tanks and the thrust parameters look the same on wikipedia. The 4th photos is for laughs because what Paralay posted was a joke that went over users head and apparently, he missed it. Over 80 users were looking at the thread and no one after the user hkultala posted so far for quite some time. I think they were able to at least process the joke. I am in tears because it is like a dead silence, and I am wondering if anyone will break the ice or move along with the topic of their thread.

TMA1 likes this post

The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:15 pm

Would the PAK-DP not qualify as a 6th generation "fighter" by the standards the americans have set?
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:42 am

more than likely a 7th gen based on NGAD being classified as 6 with those specs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:56 pm