Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

4 posters

Anyone played PT-Boats south gambit?

KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Anyone played PT-Boats south gambit? Empty Anyone played PT-Boats south gambit?

Post  KomissarBojanchev Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Has anyone heard of it? Its my favorite ship simulator so far. Developed by the independent Russian company akella the first one , Knights of the sea is based on the battles the soviets, british and germans fought in the arctic and north sea and second one is based on the meditarenean and black sea naval combat from 1941-43. It has good graphics and beautifully and accurately modeled rare ships and boats like the G-5 , MO-4, D-3, Fairmile, M-class, Type 7U, etc. The combat is dynamic and fun in, like laying smoke screens to evade destroyers or gunning down enemy PT-boats

Unfortunately it has a miniscule player base and some of the elements(especially the mission editor) and missions are buggy or unusable. Still its a very unique game that has great potential if its smoothed out.
    Anyone played PT-Boats south gambit? 427570562

Regular
    Regular

Anyone played PT-Boats south gambit? Empty Re: Anyone played PT-Boats south gambit?

Post  Regular Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:01 am

Dude, I've read about it in now dead magazine game Exe. You are probably younger than this game.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Anyone played PT-Boats south gambit? Empty Re: Anyone played PT-Boats south gambit?

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:39 am

If it is half as good as Il-2 I am interested...

KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:20 am

Its a very unique game and the missions are challenging and fun most of the time. Its main problem is the lack of any player support due to being so specialized so the problems aren't reported much or resolved. You can give it a try. The learning curve there isn't very big.

Anyway no one told me if they've ever played it?
    You also a fan of IL-2? One of the best flight sims IMO, the main problem there's just not enough large  flyable iconic aircraft. And its already aging but there isn't much interest in remaking it with the devs looking for sequels with much more limited scope but more detail.

Last edited by KomissarBojanchev on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:21 am

Regular wrote:Dude, I've read about it in now dead magazine game Exe. You are probably younger than this game.
    Whats your opinion about it?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:32 am

I sometimes still boot up Il-2 1946.

The plane choice is huge and gameplay is awesome, detailed yet still fun.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 am

Plus there are addons that allow you to fly some of the other planes... I personally like flying the Il-4.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm

GarryB wrote:

Plus there are addons that allow you to fly some of the other planes... I personally like flying the Il-4.
    Do you fly it with the plane's actual cockpit? I've been trying to attach mods to IL2 from zip but it doesn't register do you know how to do it?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Do you fly it with the plane's actual cockpit? I've been trying to attach mods to IL2 from zip but it doesn't register do you know how to do it?

It has been ages since I applied that mod... I seem to remember the instructions were included with the files and it was fairly straight forward.

I suggest having a look at the forum where you got the link for further assistance... Smile

BTW I remember finding a German float plane which was great fun landing in rivers and lakes and the Baltic.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:10 pm