Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+44
miketheterrible
thegopnik
lyle6
Scorpius
SeigSoloyvov
The-thing-next-door
Kimppis
xeno
HUNTER VZLA
syunsan
Walther von Oldenburg
DTA
Boshoed
PapaDragon
max steel
Arctic_Fox
Sunbeam
Vann7
Book.
2SPOOKY4U
Regular
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Zivo
collegeboy16
flamming_python
Manov
VladimirSahin
Morpheus Eberhardt
As Sa'iqa
CosPetia
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
Mike E
Werewolf
Viktor
GarryB
TR1
Admin
Stealthflanker
sepheronx
48 posters

Video Games Thread

The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Video Games Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Video Games Thread

Post  The-thing-next-door Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:15 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

New Vegas was alright but story is nothing to write home about and antagonists are lame.

Another problem with lead antagonists (Legion) is that they are hilariously overpowered. You basically got naked humans who are stronger than super-mutants with heavy armor. And don't get me started on final boss.

Also, it no longer feels as post-apocalypse, they basically have whole functioning countries now.

I just prefer first three games.

Well to be fair all of the main factions are rather unrelatable house espetially so, good thing he is the first major player you can dispose of though.

But the rest of the game is great.

Also one must consider that a few nukes won't be enough to stop survivors from forming new societies, its not like they were hit with some sort of Soviet mind fuzzeling superweapon that makes eaveryone go raider or were born after the 21st century.... oh waits it was 2077 nevermind they just over estimates the nukes and lost all hope litteraly and metophorically the retards lol!
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:34 pm

How to fix stuttering cutscenes in Assassin's Creed: Oddysey? The game is fully fluid during gameplay but during cutscenes it stutters.

BTW I Liked fallout but I never fully accepted it's retrofuturism. I would very much prefer a post-apo game without it and with more lush ecosystem - Fallout 4 takes place 200 years after the war and vegetation is mostly limited yellow-brownish grass and some feeble trees. IRL everything would recover in several decades.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:41 am

That was something that bothered me about the Stalker games... not enough roaming monsters to kill... with lethal anamolies around the place you would think they would roam around in large groups so any member blunders into a lethal anamoly will warn the others in the group not to go there so the rest learn when not to stand or walk...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat May 25, 2019 5:26 am

Started watching this walkthrough series on Youtube by a guy called Brad on Metro Exodus and I am both enjoying the game and finding the guy sooo frustrating to watch.

He is playing the game without listening to the hints the characters are giving him and missing all the extra missions, he is basically doing a walkthrough following the main goals and ignoring everything else including good advice.

He is also playing it on a games console so his aiming and combat skills are shit...

But the game itself looks rather good with extensive options for upgrades of weapons and equipment.

Gets you started...

Things like the fact that for most of the videos he thinks he needs a workbench to use the upgrades in his backpack, and the fact that he wastes ammo on the giant spiders when he just needs to shine his light on them... it is all very frustrating.

As mentioned in the comments it is much easier if you do the side missions as it gets you a lot more gear and equipment, and his decisions regarding weapons and armour seem to be rather poor.

I suppose him doing it the hard way makes it easier for anyone else who took the time to learn how to play it properly, but it sounds like his focus is to make videos for YT and he is playing lots of other games at the same time...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat May 25, 2019 7:05 am

Just watched a video that gives all sorts of spoilers for the game and it seems there are two endings... a good one and a bad one... and surprise surprise, to get the good one you need to knock people unconscious instead of killing them... how western PC... and how redundant because the people who would appreciate such a thing would never play a computer game where you can kill things like this one anyway....
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:24 am

Interesting aspect to the 1988 RPG on which Cyberpunk 2077 is based.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 am

GarryB wrote:Just watched a video that gives all sorts of spoilers for the game and it seems there are two endings... a good one and a bad one... and surprise surprise, to get the good one you need to knock people unconscious instead of killing them... how western PC... and how redundant because the people who would appreciate such a thing would never play a computer game where you can kill things like this one anyway....

I quite enjoy that approach. You couldn't do it in the first game but on second one it was awesome, they never knew I was even there and I scored good ending no problem.

It's my default play style, I go stealth or non-lethal with every game that allows it.

Even finished Mirror's Edge without shooting a firearm (minus couple of mandatory bullets in the van engine)

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:49 am

Sometimes in that game killing is a public service... I mean the cannibals at the soviet bunker... it is your civic duty to eliminate them...

Of course knocking unconscious and sneaking around would be more of a challenge... something Brad didn't really take on board as he didn't bother with night vision and suppressed weapon options.

You can't shoot people in the real world... that is the point of video games with Nazis and Zombies and hostile aliens.

I wonder if they will release tools to enable people to mod Metro Exodus... a far away region in Russia where there is a secret den of US republicans or democrats whose plan was to start WWIII and use their power within the US MIC to ensure one area in Siberia was left untouched by nuclear attack or chem or bio weapon fallout so after the war ends they make their way there with 5th columnists to build a new society... they couldn't control the Russian military and get them to not attack an area in the US where they could build their new utopia so it makes sense to find a region in Siberia that is untouched and with global warming making it warmer it might be the ideal escape plan... until a train with Russian special forces equipped with Ratnik 5 gear arrives and spoils the party... we could have Hilary and Bill, and of course a few oldies like Allbright and Nuland ...it could be a lot of fun... and the indignation and outrage from the US would be awesome... they of course would be cannibals... but by choice rather than necessity... we have to be realistic... Twisted Evil
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:01 pm

GarryB wrote:

I wonder if they will release tools to enable people to mod Metro Exodus... a far away region in Russia where there is a secret den of US republicans or democrats whose plan was to start WWIII and use their power within the US MIC to ensure one area in Siberia was left untouched by nuclear attack or chem or bio weapon fallout so after the war ends they make their way there with 5th columnists to build a new society... they couldn't control the Russian military and get them to not attack an area in the US where they could build their new utopia so it makes sense to find a region in Siberia that is untouched and with global warming making it warmer it might be the ideal escape plan... until a train with Russian special forces equipped with Ratnik 5 gear arrives and spoils the party... we could have Hilary and Bill, and of course a few oldies like Allbright and Nuland ...it could be a lot of fun... and the indignation and outrage from the US would be awesome... they of course would be cannibals... but by choice rather than necessity... we have to be realistic...  Twisted Evil

Sounds fun, But why use a ukropi game as a base?

You could try modding fallout NV/4 as thoes have a full mod creating kit and large modding comunity.

Also reminds me of a cancelled game called "Nuclear Union" in wich you play as a Soviet soldier on cleanup duty after winning WWIII with acsess to all thoes old Soviet prototype guns that look like they come from science fiction.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:32 am

You could try modding fallout NV/4 as thoes have a full mod creating kit and large modding comunity.

Hahahaha... that is like saying why use an occupied France game, why not use a nazi German game to mod instead.

First of all Metro is Russian basically even if there is talk he is anti putin pro west all that shit... this isn't stalker.

Second it would be easier to use Metro because Metro is already set in Russia... which NV/4 is not AFAIK.

Also reminds me of a cancelled game called "Nuclear Union" in wich you play as a Soviet soldier on cleanup duty after winning WWIII with acsess to all thoes old Soviet prototype guns that look like they come from science fiction.

Sounds great to me...

There was a game in the late 1990s called Hokum that was set on a ship that you controlled. The ship was basically a helicopter carrier... like an Ivan Gren actually with a main gun mounted on the front that could be used for air defence, but the ship carried about 12 helicopters and their ammo and fuel and you basically sailed the boat around Asia fighting pirates and helping your side win some sort of conflict.

The 12 helos were a mixed bag of different helo types... there was the Hokum of course, but also the Mi-8 and a Lynx and I think from memory a Cobra and an Apache and something else and you basically had two of each aircraft and ammo for each type. You had to manage resources, so a transport mission you needed to have a working Mi-8 for example. All operations were based from the ship which you could move around too. The ship has a single large calibre gun to defend itself with too.

Just thought a modern version of the game would be awesome... you could operate in Asia or Africa or central or south america or the med... in fact you could get contracts where you might start off with anti piracy missions in asia and then africa and then perhaps the persian gulf... as you get better you can get bigger ships with more helos and better helos... perhaps even a Yak-41.

Personally I would eliminate the western helos and make the ships all Russian to simplify things... have Ka-29 troop transports etc etc.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:54 pm

GarryB wrote:

Hahahaha... that is like saying why use an occupied France game, why not use a nazi German game to mod instead.

First of all Metro is Russian basically even if there is talk he is anti putin pro west all that shit... this isn't stalker.

Second it would be easier to use Metro because Metro is already set in Russia... which NV/4 is not AFAIK.

Have you ever played thoes games? In every single fallout games the americans were protrayed as absolute savages who got themselves blow up by shear stupidity.

You also get to see how thier corporations killed thier own citizens on a regular basis for silly experiments.

It can also be said that the vast majority of western post apocalyptic fiction tends to to lean towards portraying thier societies in a state of "we were idiots that got ourselves nuked now we all revert back to cavemen because we are dumb".
    Quite hillarious infact because that might just happen and they chose to ignore it.

But to the point the narrative of Fallout is "america bad and go boom boom now you explore crater!" and as it already has the tools and a large modding community it is a good place to start.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:55 am

Have you ever played thoes games? In every single fallout games the americans were protrayed as absolute savages who got themselves blow up by shear stupidity.

You also get to see how thier corporations killed thier own citizens on a regular basis for silly experiments.

No, I have not, but such storyline things are character development which is very easy to change... much easier to change than settings or environment.

If you are going to mod a computer game for a new game set in Berlin or another city it makes more sense to find a game that already has a Berlin level to adapt rather than pick a game that has the right character tone and then have to build a whole city level on your own to make it look like Berlin.

In this case there are several levels in Russia that could be adapted for the purposes I am suggesting...

It can also be said that the vast majority of western post apocalyptic fiction tends to to lean towards portraying thier societies in a state of "we were idiots that got ourselves nuked now we all revert back to cavemen because we are dumb".
    Quite hillarious infact because that might just happen and they chose to ignore it.

The people who think like that already know, the problem is that the people who need to learn this don't play video games and thinks they are a waste of time.

Of course many patriots think it is all fantasy... they saw their country break other countries elsewhere and thought less of those people because the rule of law broke down and in their heads it was all because they are less civilised than us westerners... of course when they had floods or riots things get just as bad in the US but they ignore all that because it is an inconvenient truth. Just the same as a US fanboi can still play these games and pretend to themselves it is satire and for game play purposes and that the US will never have a civil war...

But to the point the narrative of Fallout is "america bad and go boom boom now you explore crater!" and as it already has the tools and a large modding community it is a good place to start.

How many Russian and Soviet weapons does it have?

Besides I would find it more amusing to make a pro Russian game that was reverent to the positive effect Putin has had on the country and the world to be made from a game built by someone who is not a fan... Twisted Evil
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:02 pm

GarryB wrote:

How many Russian and Soviet weapons does it have?

Besides I would find it more amusing to make a pro Russian game that was reverent to the positive effect Putin has had on the country and the world to be made from a game built by someone who is not a fan...  Twisted Evil

Well when modded I have trouble picking one of 5 AKs an AS-Val, AN-94 or PKM everytime I open my inventory to equip a weapon. Bethesda games have always relied heavily on mods to fix thier flaws and the lack of Russian weapons just another one of these flaws you need mods to fix.

Anyway there are mods that include Russia as a visitable location already and there is also an editor program that can be downloaded from bethesda.net with witch you can easily create location/quest mods unlike metro wich as far as I know has no editor program and an extremely small modding community at best.

You would probably have better luck creating your own game with unity/unreal than modding metro.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:49 am

Actually my favourite games were the Stalker games... Soviet weapons as standard... didn't bother with the Ukrainian weapons and foreign weapons, and most of the time you are killing monsters or orcs, so it was a total free fire zone... of course I don't think that is what they intended... attack
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Just out of curiosity does anyone know of any good Russian science fiction games?

Ideally I would like to control some Soviet super space battleship and go around purging the galaxy of rebels in a good old story driven campaign but well we usually can't have anything fun happening in games now can we.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:22 pm

There was that American Army game they put out a few years ago that was followed by talk of a Russian Army equivalent... would be cool to play an official Russian Army game with the correct equipment and gear and weapons of course... I have no computer game experience except playing them, but would happily volunteer to test equipment and assist any way I could to the development of a game... Smile
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:43 pm

Well in that case could you perhaps find out how to implement an armor system like the one in WarThunder in unreal engine 4 it would be a great help to me.

Currently I have the basics worked out but it only works reliably with hitscans while projectiles simply ghost through the frontal armor and hit the rear armor, Needless to say this is simply not acceptable.

Oh also if you cold find out how to create mountains that are 70km high.

I find that sorting through all of the vile technobull and moronic computer geeks with thier "expert opinions" on the internet to find helpful information on game development is not so easily done.
    That and developing a game in ones freetime with no assistance turns out to be a little tricky.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:07 pm

So does anyone here play World of Tanks if so you think "Russian Bia's" Is a thing in it?
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:59 am

Russian bias is just a complaint repeated by useless western internet retards when a Russian (or in this case Bellorussian) made game portrays Russian equipment realistically.

From my experience there is no real Russian bias in world of tanks there is instead just very little balance.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm

The-thing-next-door wrote:Russian bias is just a complaint repeated by useless western internet retards when a Russian (or in this case Bellorussian) made game portrays Russian equipment realistically.

From my experience there is no real Russian bias in world of tanks there is instead just very little balance.

I don't believe there is bias but there are some indications of Soviet tanks making no sense

etc the Object V4, Object 430U

Nevermind how the IS3A auto loader reloads each shell within 8 secs or so and all other auto-loader tanks don't reload in between shots and must reload the entire clip which can take 30 seconds to a whole minute.  only the Italian tanks do even then the more they fire the longer the reload the IS3A keeps the same DPM, So I can see people saying the IS3A isn't a fair tank all things considered.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:51 pm

I don't play online games but I can safely say that when it comes to videogame bias Russians are rank amateurs compared to studios from other countries

I mean just look​ at CoD series, it can't even be called bias it's straight ethnic hatred

If anything Russians should crank up bias in their products to catch up

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:18 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    I don't play online games but I can safely say that when it comes to videogame bias Russians are rank amateurs compared to studios from other countries

I mean just look​ at CoD series, it can't even be called bias it's straight ethnic hatred

If anything Russians should crank up bias in their products to catch up

I am talking about a PVP game.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:59 am

Well lets be honest... I an not a regular player of WoT, but it has some very dubious vehicles in there... I mean look at the French and Italian and Japanese tanks in there... hardly armour heavyweights in the real world...

I understand they actually have to introduce bias for game play reasons so certain tanks don't dominate play like they did in reality, but to actually expect realism is a bit much in such a game...

I mean if you want realism then take away the map and most of the radios except for the German tanks, have about 20 Russian tanks for every enemy tank from any country... and you are only allowed to play when you are cold and wet and hungry...
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:59 am

To say world of tanks has some questionable vehicles would be quite the understatement for a game that includes dozens of tank designs that may aswell be in the Bellorussian tech tree as they existed only as a far fetched proposition in the real world.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:47 pm

(you can enable English subs)

A review of the anti-Russian propaganda in the Metro series of games.

The theme is that Russia is paranoid and has no enemies. Yeah, right. That is coming from a sycophant of America and the UK
    both of which planned to launch a full blown war on the USSR shortly after WWII and which are returning to this policy today.
    The only schizophrenic here is the author of this anti-Russian BS.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:07 pm