Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+98
The-thing-next-door
Interlinked
Tingsay
Isos
rrob
getoverit
Fred333
0nillie0
GarryB
eehnie
par far
calm
Singular_Transform
Viktor
Grazneyar
Godric
auslander
KiloGolf
whir
nomadski
KoTeMoRe
ultimatewarrior
crod
d_taddei2
zorobabel
Kimppis
Karl Haushofer
BKP
miketheterrible
victor1985
SeigSoloyvov
Azi
Project Canada
JohninMK
Rmf
Svyatoslavich
PapaDragon
GunshipDemocracy
Book.
kingodthequeens
OminousSpudd
Prince Darling
franco
Cucumber Khan
Specnaz
sheytanelkebir
RTN
jhelb
George1
mack8
Walther von Oldenburg
Big_Gazza
Manov
max steel
kvs
Zivo
VladimirSahin
chromatin1
Trexonian
G Bob
Hannibal Barca
Vympel
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
navyfield
higurashihougi
Mike E
Sujoy
TheArmenian
flamming_python
Werewolf
macedonian
Asf
TR1
Vann7
vK_man
SSDD
ahmedfire
nemrod
As Sa'iqa
AlfaT8
medo
sepheronx
Department Of Defense
Cyberspec
collegeboy16
gaurav
NickM
BTRfan
Firebird
Regular
Corrosion
chenzhao
KomissarBojanchev
SOC
Admin
Turk1
milky_candy_sugar
102 posters

Talking bollocks thread

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Talking bollocks thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread

Post  Werewolf Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Nothing of what Samual Huntington said goes against history, he is absolutley correct with what he said but appareantly we have a xenophobic here.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Huntington mistakes the effect for the cause. Superiority in tech was the factor that allowed Europeans to win over large parts of the world.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:56 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Huntington mistakes the effect for the cause. Superiority in tech was the factor that allowed Europeans to win over large parts of the world.

...Including Afghanistan... Razz
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:05 am

I guess he meant the colonial period between (roughly) 1520s and early 20th century when colonial expansion stopped. In a way yeah, the Anglo-Afghan wars fit that era.
    kingodthequeens

Post  kingodthequeens Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:33 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Tech was the reason Europe "won" the world. Huntington was just a political scientist and not an expert in history of science and technology.

He knows nothing about history.
    kingodthequeens

Post  kingodthequeens Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:38 am

Werewolf wrote:Nothing of what Samual Huntington said goes against history, he is absolutley correct with what he said but appareantly we have a xenophobic here.

sir, you are wrong,

whites, exclude the idiot Hitler are not worse killers than any others.

The fact I list are all real, then it is the facts others are more ruthless than whites, such as mongols, Japanese.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:43 am

Perhaps if you re read what he said... the west controls the current world wide economic system... how did they force everyone else to conform to that?

How do they maintain control of that? Is it technology or is it bombing from 20.000ft?

Most of the international organisations with any power like the world bank, IMF, the world courts systems etc etc... even the UN is based in New York...

Of all the growing countries in the world WTF is France, the UK, and the US deserving of permanent positions?

Two european has beens and a waning superpower that believes its own BS...

The fact I list are all real, then it is the facts others are more ruthless than whites, such as mongols, Japanese.

Hitler was responsible for a war that killed 70 million people, but then disease has killed rather more than that... are you saying disease is more evil than Hitler?

BTW many of those kill estimates are wildly speculative... if we look at the claims of kills for stalin for instance a lot of those reported killed returned to service in 1942 to fight the nazis.
    kingodthequeens

Post  kingodthequeens Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:55 am

In fact, without the so called European invasion, chinese would still live in dark age.

1) Cannibalism was often practiced in China for culinary appreciation, and exotic dishes were prepared for jaded upper-class palates.

Cannibalism was also often involved in the punishment of criminals in Imperial China. After having been publicly executed, the bodies of the criminals were made available for public exhibition and consumption."
    Key Ray Chong, Cannibalism in China, Longwood Academic: Wakefield, NH.

Chinese in Taiwan ate and traded in the flesh of Taiwanese aboriginals.
    Cannibalism, Wikipedia

2) Writing
    China  was the last of the "ancient" civilizations to develop writing.

China invented writing  about 3500 years ago,
    Oracle bone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Middle East invented writing 5000 years ago.

European invented writing 7000 years ago,  Vinča script.
    You can find some "chinese characters" in Vinča script.
    Example 十, 土, 干,口, 王,田.
    Vinča symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did chinese invented their own writing 3500 years later, or they copied?

3)  Iron age
    China entered Iron age 600 years later than Europe and Near East,

At the time, European used iron tools,  chinese used primitive tools.
    Iron Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) Building
    When European and middle east people built stone/brick houses, chinese kings lived in a mud palace.

Erlitou, The capital of china(2100 BC – 1600 BC) was built by mud.
    Erlitou culture - Wikipedia,
    The Great Pyramid of Giza was built 4500 years ago.

5) The so-called chinese inventions are all fake

5.1) Compass.
    The compass was invented in Italy.

The pointer of the ancient chinese compass is as big as a spoon.
    The spoon is put on the top of a board, and there is nothing else.
    It does not work.

Compass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (china, Si Nan)
    Have a look at the ancient Chinese compass - Si Nan. wiki photo.

5.2) Chinese calendar

Chinese calendar was made by an European, Johann Adam Schall von Bell.
    Johann Adam Schall von Bell , Wikipedia,

5.3) Chinese microchip.
    The chip was later revealed to be a duplicate of a chip developed in the West, with the original identifications sanded away.

Hanxin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Article with multiple...more than interesting claims Smile

"Not only is the Russian air force indiscriminately bombing civilians in Syria—it’s losing a substantial number of aircraft in the process. Turkish jets shot down one Syria-based Russian bomber after it strayed into Turkish air space in November 2015. Russia has also lost around half a dozen helicopters to crashes and ground fire in Syria in recent months."

"Today Russia is in a similar predicament. Outside of the Syria intervention, Moscow possesses precious little extra air power. But it only takes on T-50 to make an impressive statement and at least imply that Russia has warplanes to spare. It doesn’t actually matter that, as a frontline warplane, the T-50 is probably doomed to fail. It can at least do its job as a propaganda piece......."

Rest of the article: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/07/putin-s-new-stealth-jet-is-on-a-mission-to-prove-russia-can-still-fight.html
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Why post it then other than to degrade this thread? Daily beast? It is a known tabloid in UK.

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:27 pm

sepheronx wrote:Why post it then other than to degrade this thread? Daily beast? It is a known tabloid in UK.

Yeah i am here only to degrade your threads.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:46 pm

Oh God it's Davis Axe, the guy who writes more shit than an Indian Al you can eat buffet could eve dream of inducing.

Guy from War Is Boring...

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:52 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Oh God it's Davis Axe, the guy who writes more shit than an Indian Al you can eat buffet could eve dream of inducing.

Guy from War Is Boring...

Yeah. Will never forget his article on how Russians stopped making single engined fighters because their engines are so unreliable that its a deathtrap to fly if it doesnt have two.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Why did you post that flamebait bullshit here Militarov?

Post  Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:55 pm

GarryB wrote:Why did you post that flamebait bullshit here Militarov?

Because its related to the topic? Or we are allowed to post only stuff that exclusively everyone likes? Or from the authors that must be "pro-Russian" Smile?

I never said i agree with a guy, he had few on spot comments, some utter BS, but i dont see problem with sharing it, its Forum.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:54 am

Militarov wrote:

Because its related to the topic? Or we are allowed to post only stuff that exclusively everyone likes? Or from the authors that must be "pro-Russian" Smile?

I never said i agree with a guy, he had few on spot comments, some utter BS, but i dont see problem with sharing it, its Forum.                                            

"A few on spot comments." Wut. Literally nothing in that article had any bearing on reality...

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:57 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

"A few on spot comments." Wut. Literally nothing in that article had any bearing on reality...

Well he said that PAK-FA did have dev issues, with is true, structural problems are documented in Russian sources as well.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:58 am

Don't try to pull that shit on me... you know full well I accept all sorts of criticism of Russian equipment when it has merit.

This is just flamebait dirt as I said.

You don't have a right to post anything you like on this forum, this is not a democracy.

The criteria for posting is not just being on topic... you can add value with information or you can ask questions or discuss things on topic.

What I don't want to see is members digging up horseshit from crappy websites and posting it here like it is worth reading.

I know some members like to post this sort of crap and enjoy seeing it ripped to shreds, but I expect better from you.

How would you like the serbian threads polluted with the memoires of Madeline Allbright... posting her opinion on all things Balkans? It would be on topic... it would also be bullshit.

The reason we don't is respect for Serbian members and respect for common sense and manners.

Please return that respect and don't post this sort of rubbish here again.

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:46 pm

GarryB wrote:Don't try to pull that shit on me... you know full well I accept all sorts of criticism of Russian equipment when it has merit.

This is just flamebait dirt as I said.

You don't have a right to post anything you like on this forum, this is not a democracy.

The criteria for posting is not just being on topic... you can add value with information or you can ask questions or discuss things on topic.

What I don't want to see is members digging up horseshit from crappy websites and posting it here like it is worth reading.

I know some members like to post this sort of crap and enjoy seeing it ripped to shreds, but I expect better from you.

How would you like the serbian threads polluted with the memoires of Madeline Allbright... posting her opinion on all things Balkans?  It would be on topic... it would also be bullshit.

The reason we don't is respect for Serbian members and respect for common sense and manners.

Please return that respect and don't post this sort of rubbish here again.

You know that on this forum have members that are flooding your threads with shit, BS, insults, sourceless posts, trolling, made up shit, fake "RUSSIA LOST ANOTHER BOMBER IN HOMS" news and what not. Posters with multiple accounts some of which are even one "Forum contributors" pulling your nose around.

... and you instead dealing with all that decide to pick up on me at least once in two weeks coz i posted something from a source you consider as not worthy? And in post i more than clearly expressed my skepticism towards some of the claims from the article?

Now i am wondering are you trying to make me leave this forum? Coz if its the latter one i am out in a moment i am not getting paid here or anything there are places on this dear World Wide Web where i am very well respected and understood and not getting trolled by forum staff like i am 13 years old World of Tank player.

That article was clicked more times than any article on PAK-FA written in last 6 months hands down. Isnt it sort of "smart" to read the damn thing so you know what "other side" (however stupid that sounds) is claiming?

I shall repeat this once more, as i did already few times, read what i post, if you dont like it, block me... if you want.. ban me, but seriously do not force some shit on me that makes very little sense whatsoever + ppl like Vann, Solc, ult and few others are raping your threads with BS that DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A SOURCE.

You know already what you can expect from DailyBeast and War is Boring, doesnt mean there are not some nice stuff there between "Russia sucks" and "Putin is Evil" lines.
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Talking bollocks thread - Page 20 CjvK0iZ

David axe. Ba English degree..
    No technic. No army. No science study

Only stopid blogger clown lol1
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:47 pm

Book. wrote: David axe. Ba English degree..
    No technic. No army. No science study

Only stopid blogger clown lol1

Talking bollocks thread - Page 20 AXEEFFECTcopy
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:32 pm

You know that on this forum have members that are flooding your threads with shit, BS, insults, sourceless posts, trolling, made up shit, fake "RUSSIA LOST ANOTHER BOMBER IN HOMS" news and what not. Posters with multiple accounts some of which are even one "Forum contributors" pulling your nose around.

So your first argument is everyone else is doing it... not a good start.

... and you instead dealing with all that decide to pick up on me at least once in two weeks coz i posted something from a source you consider as not worthy? And in post i more than clearly expressed my skepticism towards some of the claims from the article?

So your second argument is that I am picking on you.

Perhaps instead of scepticism, perhaps not posting crap would have been a better move?

Now i am wondering are you trying to make me leave this forum? Coz if its the latter one i am out in a moment i am not getting paid here or anything there are places on this dear World Wide Web where i am very well respected and understood and not getting trolled by forum staff like i am 13 years old World of Tank player.

If I did not respect you I would have let your stupid post pass... and BTW I have the tools to make any member leave this forum if I choose... and I is something I choose not to use unless absolutely necessary.

That article was clicked more times than any article on PAK-FA written in last 6 months hands down. Isnt it sort of "smart" to read the damn thing so you know what "other side" (however stupid that sounds) is claiming?

Couldn't give a shit what that dork thinks about the PAK FA. Not interested.

I shall repeat this once more, as i did already few times, read what i post, if you dont like it, block me... if you want.. ban me, but seriously do not force some shit on me that makes very little sense whatsoever + ppl like Vann, Solc, ult and few others are raping your threads with BS that DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A SOURCE.

The source in this case is an asshole... I would rather read a members uneducated opinion than this dribble.

You know already what you can expect from DailyBeast and War is Boring, doesnt mean there are not some nice stuff there between "Russia sucks" and "Putin is Evil" lines.

So exactly what part of this bilge is nice stuff?

What has it brought to this thread that is new?

What value has it added to this thread?

This post and most of the posts before it have added nothing to this thread except wasted some bandwidth... say what you want to say... tomorrow when I log on I am going to remove these posts.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Finally, I decided to read through the article after the heat it raised here. Good god, it is total crap.

David Axe is an outright propagandist.

The T-50—Russia’s answer to the U.S. Air Force’s F-22—is far from war-ready. Indeed, the twin-engine, radar-evading warplane is suffering such serious design, quality-control, and financing problems that it might never enter frontline service in large numbers.

Right off the bat he imagines this. He is clearly no expert, and includes no source. Assuming instead, his readers are stupid enough to repeat this claim without fact checking.

But the cash injection was short-lived—and could only do so much good, anyway, considering the deplorable condition of the Russian aerospace industry. The air force managed to repair hundreds of Soviet-era aircraft and buy additional hundreds of new planes. But the “new” planes are, in fact, almost all upgraded versions of Soviet-vintage jets. While Russian industry has devised new radars and missiles, the T-50 is one of Russia’s few truly new airframe designs—and it’s a mess.

Contradicts himself twice in the same paragraph...  Rolling Eyes

Specially shaped to avoid detection by radar, the T-50 shares the powerful engines, sensors, and missiles of older Russian warplanes.

Incorrect on all three counts. Did he not just say the missiles were new?

India had offered to co-develop the T-50 and buy scores of copies. But in 2014, Indian officials blah blah blah...

Discussed here and other places like keypub already. You are all familiar with this BS claim.

By comparison, the U.S. Air Force possesses more than 180 F-22s

Many of which are sitting in hangers. The popularized term, "boutique numbers" also applies to the F-22, as do most of his points. A good example, the two sent to Lithuania for propaganda purposes. Such airpower, so .0000000000001m², much LPI.

The Russian planes have flown hundreds of missions, targeting ISIS fighters, U.S.-backed moderate rebels and even civilians in rebel-held territory.

Not only is the Russian air force indiscriminately bombing civilians in Syria...

David Axe, you fucking piece of human garbage Mad

The costly Syria intervention has all but maxed out Russia’s capacity for aerial warfare. True, on paper the Kremlin possesses nearly 3,000 military aircraft. But even after Putin’s reforms, only a few hundred of the planes and helicopters are fully modern. Experienced pilots are in even shorter supply.  

The cost has been published, and as far as air campaigns go, Syria is cheap. I'd like to see his source for the "experienced pilots" claim. Seeing Su-34's plastered with 300+ sortie markers shows otherwise. Being so inexperienced, those russian crews sure as fuck turned the war around. Syria as a whole, is a prime example of the of the schizophrenia of western propaganda... russia is collapsing, yet simultaneously taking over the world.

In mid-2014, Moscow had a choice. It could expand its annexation of Crimea to include a direct attack on eastern Ukraine—an assault that would have required heavy air support. Or the Russian government could, as tradition dictated, plan for the annual Victory Day parade that, every May 9, commemorates the Soviet Union’s defeat of Nazi Germany—and includes a huge flyover of Moscow involving up to a hundred military aircraft, with scores more waiting nearby as back-ups in case some planes or copters break down.

The flyover required months of preparation and rehearsal—and effectively precluded another war. “From the beginning of intensive training, there was little capacity left for a military intervention,” Stefan Buettner wrote in Combat Aircraft, a trade magazine.

What a ridiculous claim, and a perfect coup de gras for this awful piece of propaganda. Go kill yourself David. lol1

Thanks for the laugh Militarov.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:33 pm

GarryB wrote:

So your first argument is everyone else is doing it... not a good start.

So your second argument is that I am picking on you.

Perhaps instead of scepticism, perhaps not posting crap would have been a better move?

If I did not respect you I would have let your stupid post pass... and BTW I have the tools to make any member leave this forum if I choose... and I is something I choose not to use unless absolutely necessary.

Couldn't give a shit what that dork thinks about the PAK FA. Not interested.

The source in this case is an asshole... I would rather read a members uneducated opinion than this dribble.

So exactly what part of this bilge is nice stuff?

What has it brought to this thread that is new?

What value has it added to this thread?

This post and most of the posts before it have added nothing to this thread except wasted some bandwidth... say what you want to say... tomorrow when I log on I am going to remove these posts.

Please ban me too while you are at it as i am done with this forum.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Why? Just relax people, please.

Militarov has provided a lot of good stuff over time, even if we don't agree with it.

No point over arguing a single article.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:29 pm