Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Khepesh
Bolt
whir
Kyo
Akula971
archangelski
Honesroc
MOPO3
Book.
mutantsushi
Vann7
chicken
auslander
higurashihougi
partizan
Walther von Oldenburg
kvs
galicije83
XTX-Horus
Cowboy's daughter
Godric
calripson
KoTeMoRe
alexZam
PapaDragon
macedonian
Morpheus Eberhardt
franco
Mefesto
TheGeorgian
Dima
fragmachine
par far
Alex555
Werewolf
Shadåw
Cyberspec
sepheronx
2SPOOKY4U
medo
akd
Vympel
TheArmenian
George1
TR1
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
Viktor
max steel
magnumcromagnon
cracker
collegeboy16
zg18
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Mike E
Zivo
VladimirSahin
Cpt Caz
mack8
runaway
ult
66 posters

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

EKS

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

Post  EKS Sun May 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:The parade yesterday was beautiful, i didnt watch it last year as I was very uncomfortable with russians celebrating whilst their brothers were dying over the border, but thats another argument.

What I loved about this one was the minutes silence, the wreath laying and of course the march of the immortal regiment. Seeing the faces of the actual people who fought being held by their relatives really brings it home. It was a  wonderful touch, very human.

A lot of people just see victory day as russia swinging its todger around and dont see this side of it, so im really glad they added the solemn aspect to it, it was very classy. I hope they'll continue like that in future.

EKS wrote:The victory parade this year was amazing! I'm curious what was the last song the military band song
    ?

This one?

Yes, exactly that one. I heard it before, but i don t speak russian.
    EKS

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

Post  EKS Sun May 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:
    auslander wrote:"The parade yesterday was beautiful, i didnt watch it last year as I was very uncomfortable with russians celebrating whilst their brothers were dying over the border, but thats another argument.

What I loved about this one was the minutes silence, the wreath laying and of course the march of the immortal regiment. Seeing the faces of the actual people who fought being held by their relatives really brings it home. It was a  wonderful touch, very human.

A lot of people just see victory day as russia swinging its todger around and dont see this side of it, so im really glad they added the solemn aspect to it, it was very classy. I hope they'll continue like that in future."

Well said, Rodina, well said. We watched it late last night. We were involved with the Sevastopol Parade from 04:00 until evening yesterday. By the by, we have been doing our Immortal Battalion March in Sevastopol for 3 years if not more. The Mockba Parade was truly moving, we especially liked Tovarich General Shiogu's quite moving moment at the very beginning of the parade.

Can you elaborate on shaigus moment? I may have missed that one, thanks.

i have also just watched a video of the parade in donetsk, wow. The bit that struck me was the way the people cheered the rebel soldiers and the tanks were covered in flowers, not a bad reaction from the public considering they are supposed to be 'terrrorists'. When you compare the freedom of the donetsk people who are able to celebrate this, compared to the people in ua controlled lands it makes you realise that the rebels did the right thing.

Ive always thought novorussia will become ukrainian again oneday, but after seeing that im not sure. It really is a little state and you can really sense the feelings of the people there, not just that they dont consider themselves ukrainian anymore. They also seem to have pride in novorussia, about the path they chose for themselves. Good on them.

The same thought crossed my mind. I don't think novorussia Will be a part of ukraine in the future. So much damage is done. It's inrepaireble. The cheered to them as their liberators and protectors. I hope they Will keep their population save en sound.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun May 10, 2015 9:23 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:
    auslander wrote:"The parade yesterday was beautiful, i didnt watch it last year as I was very uncomfortable with russians celebrating whilst their brothers were dying over the border, but thats another argument.

A lot of people just see victory day as russia swinging its todger around and dont see this side of it, so im really glad they added the solemn aspect to it, it was very classy. I hope they'll continue like that in future."

Well said, Rodina, well said. We watched it late last night. We were involved with the Sevastopol Parade from 04:00 until evening yesterday. By the by, we have been doing our Immortal Battalion March in Sevastopol for 3 years if not more. The Mockba Parade was truly moving, we especially liked Tovarich General Shiogu's quite moving moment at the very beginning of the parade.

i have also just watched a video of the parade in donetsk, wow. The bit that struck me was the way the people cheered the rebel soldiers and the tanks were covered in flowers, not a bad reaction from the public considering they are supposed to be 'terrrorists'. When you compare the freedom of the donetsk people who are able to celebrate this, compared to the people in ua controlled lands it makes you realise that the rebels did the right thing.

Ive always thought novorussia will become ukrainian again oneday, but after seeing that im not sure. It really is a little state and you can really sense the feelings of the people there, not just that they dont consider themselves ukrainian anymore. They also seem to have pride in novorussia, about the path they chose for themselves. Good on them.

It was a very simple but very profound act. Tovarich General simply crossed himself before he began the parade. That never happened before at this parade. I have the image but I don't know how to post images here yet.
    MOPO3
    MOPO3

Post  MOPO3 Sun May 10, 2015 9:50 pm

One more toddler hero ))
    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 11150678_355179164673231_2475900213654106958_n
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sun May 10, 2015 10:10 pm

auslander wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

It was a very simple but very profound act. Tovarich General simply crossed himself before he began the parade. That never happened before at this parade. I have the image but I don't know how to post images here yet.
    This
    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 68edb6dc2ec3
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun May 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Yes.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

This

I saw that!
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 10, 2015 10:52 pm

auslander wrote:I think at least some of you remember that Germany forbade The Surgeon and his fellow bikers to come to Berlin and lay flowers at the Soviet Monument for Victory Day. You may also know that Mrs. Merkel is in Mockba at this time. Here's a little gift for her in front of the German Embassy in Mockba. It will stay in place at least until tomorrow morning.  

http://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=2567568#/video/http%3A%2F%2Fplayer.rutv.ru%2Fiframe%2Fvideo%2Fid%2F1212734%2Fstart_zoom%2Ftrue%2FshowZoomBtn%2Ffalse%2Fsid%2Fvesti%2FisPlay%2Ftrue%2F%3Facc_video_id%3D644424

Very Happy
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 10, 2015 10:56 pm

EKS wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

The same thought crossed my mind. I don't think novorussia Will be a part of ukraine in the future. So much damage is done. It's inrepaireble. The cheered to them as their liberators and protectors. I hope they Will keep their population save en sound.

Likewise. To me it's like Kiev government has done every idiot thing to abuse them and drive them from them.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun May 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Well here we go again! http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/sa-11-buk-missile-system-catches-fire-during-victory-1703419253/+nicoleconlan

MSM is beating the drums, all while forgetting about that multiple hundred million dollar A400M that just crashed in Spain... Apparently a small fire on an older SAM system is more important than that.  Mad

The statement that one shot down MH-17 at the bottom really finished the article strongly.  lol1
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun May 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Крым наша.

Новороссии наша.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Something truly amazing happened today

http://thesaker.is/something-truly-amazing-happened-today/

Yes, nothing like this can happen, or be done, in the USA today.

entire article at link

Today will go down in Russian history, as a truly historical celebration of the victory over Nazi Germany. The parade – by far the most beautiful I have seen (alas, only on video, not in person) – was superb and for the first time included the Chinese PLA [People’s Liberation Army]. Clearly, we see history in the making. But something else, no less amazing, also happened today: Defense Minister Shoigu made the sign of the Cross before the beginning of the celebrations: wrote:

For centuries Russian soldiers have knelt and asked for God’s blessing, before going into battle and this is, I believe, what Shoigu did today. He knows that 2015 will be the year of the big war between Russia and the Empire (even if, due to the presence of nuclear weapons on both sides, this war will remain 80% informational, 15% economic and 5% military) Does that mean that Shoigu converted to Orthodoxy? Not necessarily. Buddhism is very accepting of other religions and I don’t see much of a contradiction here. But the fact that the first Russian government official to begin the historical Victory Day parade by making the sign of the Cross and appealing for God’s help is a Buddhist, is, in itself, quite amazing (even if it shames his nominally “Orthodox” predecessors who never did so). I can only imagine the horror, outrage and despair Shoigu’s gesture will trigger in the pro-Western Russian “liberal intelligentsia” and in the western capitals. In placing himself and all of Russia in God’s hands, Shoigu declared a spiritual, cultural and civilizational war on the Empire. And just for that, he will go down in history as one of Russia’s greatest men. wrote:
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun May 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Saker is good people.

Enjoy this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuJ17JyUncM
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun May 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

This

Indeed, that was the most pleasant surprise of the parade. More powerful than Armata or any other weapon system.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun May 10, 2015 11:57 pm

auslander wrote:Saker is good people.

Enjoy this one.

Thank you!
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon May 11, 2015 12:00 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    entire article at link
    Today will go down in Russian history, as a truly historical celebration of the victory over Nazi Germany.  The parade – by far the most beautiful I have seen (alas, only on video, not in person) – was superb and for the first time included the Chinese PLA [People’s Liberation Army].  Clearly, we see history in the making.  But something else, no less amazing, also happened today: Defense Minister Shoigu made the sign of the Cross before the beginning of the celebrations: wrote:

I have lived in Sevastopol for a bit over a decade. In that time I have watched a resurgence of faith the likes of which I never thought I would see and certainly would never see in my old home country, that resurgence extant at least in this quiet little city and the surrounding towns and villages. When we first started attending St. Nikolas the Miracle Worker Church attendance on a good Sunday was 45 to 50, on a strong Church holiday perhaps 60 or so. Today for minor and major Church events there are guards at the gates and only certain vehicles are allowed access, the crowds are that large. Anyone else has to walk up the hill to attend. I have seen a crowd of many hundreds at 04:00 up there.

Father Giorgei is Spetznaz, a Warrior Priest. This centuries old tradition is ongoing, the Priests with the soldiers train with them, eat with them, drink with them, and when War raises it's hideous head fight beside them. St. Nikolas is supported by the Black Sea Flot and the Spetznaz Flag flies up there.

Tovarich General Shoigu's crossing himself sends a very clear message. With God on our side we will not loose in what may be the coming war. There is a new breed of Orthodox Priests today, younger, more vigorous and more interested helping their parishioners than feathering their nests. We can only hope and pray that these new traditions continue and the faith in The Church will continue to grow.

Last edited by auslander on Mon May 11, 2015 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon May 11, 2015 12:02 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

Enjoy this one.

Thank you!

You are most welcome, my good lady.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon May 11, 2015 12:45 am

Shoigu once again sets new standards for awesomeness.

Parade was amazing and definitely lived up to expectations but it was Immortal Regiment that sent the most powerful message.

I was watching the parade on Russia 1 and when it was over I got out to grab some coffee and forgot to turn off TV. When I came back I looked at the screen and saw this enormous crowd of people walking with photos of their ancestors.
    I just stood there and watched the whole thing for more than an hour.

Could not understand a single word from journalist and people who were being interviewed but I did not have to. russia

Amazing...

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon May 11, 2015 12:52 am

The monument in front of the embassy action was well done....whoever thought of it deserves a prize....and the concert was magnificent.

Thanks for sharing
    alexZam
    alexZam

Post  alexZam Mon May 11, 2015 12:54 am

So, that's how half million of people together in one place looks like..

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 11, 2015 1:23 am

Mike E wrote:Well here we go again! http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/sa-11-buk-missile-system-catches-fire-during-victory-1703419253/+nicoleconlan

MSM is beating the drums, all while forgetting about that multiple hundred million dollar A400M that just crashed in Spain... Apparently a small fire on an older SAM system is more important than that.  Mad

The statement that one shot down MH-17 at the bottom really finished the article strongly.  lol1

Did some nice trolling on those comments just now Laughing
    alexZam
    alexZam

Post  alexZam Mon May 11, 2015 1:43 am

Now we wait 3rd of September this year. In China this time.

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 Fb6725cfb3f7

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 6ffb6ad17888

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 C364cb35cebc

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 B312a4fe9426

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 78dd9ae779c2

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 220b7883b5df

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 4f49450e073e

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 4d13ce519cbf

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 573c5fcf94f0

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 15 B6f8ba45c83b

Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Mon May 11, 2015 1:47 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Mike E wrote:Well here we go again! http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/sa-11-buk-missile-system-catches-fire-during-victory-1703419253/+nicoleconlan

Did some nice trolling on those comments just now Laughing
    I have been wanting to for some time now.  Twisted Evil

Just have not ever bothered making an account...until now  lol1

- First post, tried not to sound like a complete troll.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Mon May 11, 2015 2:13 am

auslander wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

Enjoy this one.

Thank you!

You are most welcome, my good lady.

Thank you, kind sir. The video was stunning!!

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Mon May 11, 2015 2:15 am

auslander wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    entire article at link
    Today will go down in Russian history, as a truly historical celebration of the victory over Nazi Germany.  The parade – by far the most beautiful I have seen (alas, only on video, not in person) – was superb and for the first time included the Chinese PLA [People’s Liberation Army].  Clearly, we see history in the making.  But something else, no less amazing, also happened today: Defense Minister Shoigu made the sign of the Cross before the beginning of the celebrations: wrote:

I have lived in Sevastopol for a bit over a decade. In that time I have watched a resurgence of faith the likes of which I never thought I would see and certainly would never see in my old home country, that resurgence extant at least in this quiet little city and the surrounding towns and villages. When we first started attending St. Nikolas the Miracle Worker Church attendance on a good Sunday was 45 to 50, on a strong Church holiday perhaps 60 or so. Today for minor and major Church events there are guards at the gates and only certain vehicles are allowed access, the crowds are that large. Anyone else has to walk up the hill to attend. I have seen a crowd of many hundreds at 04:00 up there.

Father Giorgei is Spetznaz, a Warrior Priest. This centuries old tradition is ongoing, the Priests with the soldiers train with them, eat with them, drink with them, and when War raises it's hideous head fight beside them. St. Nikolas is supported by the Black Sea Flot and the Spetznaz Flag flies up there.

Tovarich General Shoigu's crossing himself sends a very clear message. With God on our side we will not loose in what may be the coming war. There is a new breed of Orthodox Priests today, younger, more vigorous and more interested helping their parishioners than feathering their nests. We can only hope and pray that these new traditions continue and the faith in The Church will continue to grow.

On the other hand, I feel like faith has been/is under attack in the USA. Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 pm