Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+9
PapaDragon
Akula971
OminousSpudd
medo
GarryB
Admin
Rodinazombie
franco
auslander
13 posters

Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz

auslander
    auslander

Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz - Page 3 Empty Re: Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz

Post  auslander Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:44 pm

More tomorrow. 2 in print now, NTLO will be in print by end of the month. I'll put the paper back links tomorrow my time. Printing in New York, London and Oz.

Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz - Page 3 Third_10

Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz - Page 3 Incide10

Last edited by auslander on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz - Page 3 Empty Re: Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz

Post  JohninMK Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:05 am

Well done. Being an author seems to suit you.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:08 am

JohninMK wrote:Well done. Being an author seems to suit you.

Thanks, John. Actually, it does fit in a way what with all the writing and honing of skills since late 2013. We've had some rough months starting last fall including my health ain't what it used to be. I won't kick off any time soon, but I'm on heart meds for the duration and I can no longer physically work like I used to. Dang it. So, I write. Third Defense, Book 2 is coming along nicely and it will tie in to Book 1 seamlessly. Second Blue Cloud, likewise although that will morph in to a series, what type of series I'll reveal when the second little tome is ready.

All four books have been edited extensively since last fall. Content and stories are the same, just verbiage cleaned up quite a bit, ergo the reads are much more smooth now. Three months of ten hour days going over a thousand pages and more word by word, changing what needed change, cleaned up what needed cleaning, then going back and doing it word by word. No wonder I drink.

The two books, An Incident On Simonka and Sevastopol, The Third Defense Book 1, are in print now and I'll attach the links shortly. Never The Last One is being readied for printing proof as I speak. Blue Cloud will be last for print for a couple reasons. One, someone is nosing around that little book, we'll see if it comes to a contract, but they are talking series and animation. I'll believe it when I have the cheque in hand.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:14 am

Printed and ebooks are being sold in Amazon.

Last edited by auslander on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:32 am

Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz - Page 3 Ntlo_010

Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz - Page 3 Cover_10

Last edited by auslander on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:09 pm

auslander wrote:More tomorrow. 2 in print now, NTLO will be in print by end of the month. I'll put the paper back links tomorrow my time. Printing in New York, London and Oz.

Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz - Page 3 Third_10

Link to Sevastopol, The Third Defense, Book 1:

https://saker.community/product/sevastopol-the-third-defense-2013-2014-a-premonition-the-move-south/ Available in paperback, Epub and Mobi.

Never The Last One, A Novel of Spetznaz - Page 3 Incide10

Link to An Incident On Simonka:

https://saker.community/product/an-incident-on-simonka-a-novel-by-r-h-auslander-pdf-ed/  Available in paperback, Epub and Mobi.

Congratulations! Wish success.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:28 pm

Thanks! So far, all is going well.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Well, gentlemen, it's been an interesting few months in the saga of printed books. Suffice it to say I removed my books from the agent, sat back and watched a bit to make sure nothing was left behind unbeknownst to me, then waited a couple months before putting all four up on Amazon. Three are on Zon now available in print and all four are on Zon for ebook. Blue Cloud will go to print on Zon in a couple days, I've started the process but it takes a while for Zon to say 'ok for this step' and go to the next task. Since the printed tomes hit Amazon sales have been brisk, unlike under the 'agent' when it was crickets. The odd thing is that even though the monthly spread sheet showed crickets, I was getting more than a few emails from those who bought the books in US. I found that little foible to be of interest. 'Nuff said.

My book site, where all are shown links to Zon ebooks and printed books. http://rhauslander.com/

Links to printed books on Amazon:

Never The Last One, paperback version, 679 page. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521849056

An Incident On Simonka, paperback version, 119 pages. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1696160715

Sevastopol, The 3rd Defense, paperback version, 226 pages. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1698430825
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:11 pm

So agent was ripping you off?
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:34 pm

I did pull all my books from agent and am finishing up listing them myself on Zon. That should say all.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:34 pm

For those who want any of the books, here's the link to my site with contact info. Books will be free to most members here.

http://rhauslander.com/

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:30 pm

For those who want any of the books, here's the link to my site with contact info. Books will be free to most members here. Books have been completely edited (yet again), word by word, and some formats slightly changed for size and such.

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:37 pm

auslander wrote:For those who want any of the books, here's the link to my site with contact info. Books will be free to most members here. Books have been completely edited (yet again), word by word, and some formats slightly changed for size and such.

Thanks
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:04 pm

If you want some of them just email me using the links on the site, or PM me here.

mnrck likes this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:00 am

Is Never the Last One a Chechen based story? Also assume the nurse medic must be modeled on her highness Wink
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:43 am

Yes, NTLO is a fictional war on the borders of Chechnya and the physical locations of bases and cities are fairly close to real. In Incident and 3rd Defense, the locations are real and exact. Her Highness, aka VCO, Victor Charlie Oscar, Vertically Challenged One, 1.48 m in towering height, is combined in several of the female characters but not one in particular. I use her traits and the traits of other Russian women I know to show the true spirit of the fair sex hereabouts. As I've said more than once, never annoy a Russian lady. You will have a very sad day in the end.

franco likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 pm