Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+14
marcinko
Rodinazombie
Svyatoslavich
flamming_python
Firebird
Regular
victor1985
jhelb
jka
Mike E
Cowboy's daughter
Godric
sepheronx
andrewlya
18 posters

Where are you from?

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Where are you from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where are you from?

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:26 pm

andrewlya wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:I'm from Texas, USA. I was born in Texas as was my Paternal Father, and Grandfather.
    I know only that I have Russian ancestry by DNA. & also out of Siberia. but I know nothing about it. It's so far back.
    & from several other countries in the region.
    I'm not anti-Russian, so guess I am pro.
    Odd thing is, I always wanted to visit Russia and to learn the language.
    Never knowing I had any Russian ancestry.

I remember when I realized that Texas had changed in the 1980's, & the Texas I grew up in was gone, & I guess that's also how I feel about the USA.
    It was never perfect, but it's changed so much. & not for the better.

Thanks for telling us about yourself. You should definitely come to Russia, you will be surprised to see that it is so different,so much nicer than what they portrays it in the West.

I doubt I'll ever have an opportunity to visit Russia, unfortunately. Sad but yes, I can tell it's a great Nation, with wonderful people, just from what I do look at online, a vast, beautiful country. with a rich heritage.
    andrewlya

Post  andrewlya Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Regular wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:
    jhelb wrote:Belarus My dad is from Belarus but Mom is Russian.

I work for a few UK based companies, mostly in the UK and US.

Good meeting you,brother. So, you live in the UK mainly?
    My mate's Misus is from Belarus, they have gone to Minsk now Smile. Apparently it is the cleanest city in the world.
    Do you go much to Belarus or Russia?
    Minsk - cleanest city in the world?
    I doubt it, it's bit greyish and tad borring, but at least people are taking care of themselves there, pick up rubbish and it looks more Western European than Kiev will ever be:)
    By clean I mean there is no liter on the floor, no take aways boxes and empty bolttles around scattered on streets, they pride themselves in having a clean city. Actually, I think it was in Telegraph (UK) that published an article about Minsk being the cleanest city in the world, have you been there yourself?
    andrewlya

Post  andrewlya Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:24 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:I'm from Texas, USA. I was born in Texas as was my Paternal Father, and Grandfather.
    I know only that I have Russian ancestry by DNA. & also out of Siberia. but I know nothing about it. It's so far back.
    & from several other countries in the region.
    I'm not anti-Russian, so guess I am pro.
    Odd thing is, I always wanted to visit Russia and to learn the language.
    Never knowing I had any Russian ancestry.

I remember when I realized that Texas had changed in the 1980's, & the Texas I grew up in was gone, & I guess that's also how I feel about the USA.
    It was never perfect, but it's changed so much. & not for the better.

Thanks for telling us about yourself. You should definitely come to Russia, you will be surprised to see that it is so different,so much nicer than what they portrays it in the West.

I doubt I'll ever have an opportunity to visit Russia, unfortunately. Sad but yes, I can tell it's a great Nation, with wonderful people, just from what I do look at online, a vast, beautiful country. with a rich heritage.
    Why would you not be able to visit Russia?Of course you can..
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:51 pm

My name is Carlo. I am Brazilian, but have been living in Argentina for 10 years. My great-grandparents, both from my mother and my father branch, were Italian. As a teenager (middle 90's) I started reading the great Russian classics from the 19th-early 20th centuries (Tolstoy, Dostoyevski, Chekhov, Gogol, Gorki, etc) and fell in love for the Russian culture. At that time I was also a Marxist - I never joined any party, but adhered to the Marxist philosophy. Fortunately, it didn't last long and I realized of all the errors it contains. Anyway, the 90's were not a good time to be a russophile: everybody kept saying "Russia is in the trash bin of history", and it sounded like crazy when I said that it would recover - these were the horrible times of the first Chechen war, the Khasavyurt treaty and the 1998 economic crash.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:13 pm

andrewlya wrote:Hi guys, I've been wanting to join a pro Russian forum for a while now only so I could get away from the Western anti Russian propaganda and hopefully to speak to some like minded people.I also would like to know where the members of this forum come from and why you are on here or why are you
    pro Russian? Would be great to know whether you have Russian blood or just like the culture or what ever. About myself, I was born in Russia but live in England and even though I love England and the British people I don't find the main media very Russian unfriendly. What i noticed though, say if you read an anti Russian article say in Daily Mail and then read the best rated comments they tend to be pro Russian almost all the time, the same with BBC there are many pro Russian comments, however those pro Russians commentators are quickly labeled as "Russian trolls", so basically if one says anything good about Russia or being anti NATO he's labeled a Russian troll.Most of my mates are pro Russian so I do believe there are many in Britain who are the same. Amount of time i've read " I wish we had Putin running the country instead of Cameron.." I've lost count. So, please introduce yourself, tell me where you are from and why you are pro Russia or like Russia, thanks guys.

I'm a British born, British citizen. I am of Russian descent on my fathers side. Grandparents from Kiev and Western Imperial Russia. My maternal grandparents also visited the USSR regularly.

I utterly despise the British Establishment with its feudalistic class nonsense. I'm also sickened at how Britain is the perennial gimpboy for the troublemaking+ warmongering Americans.

Ultimately I support Russia's policies because she is doing the right thing, and is a chance for stability against tyranny.

After arrival in England, my grandfather chopped the -ovich off my surname ("Anglicising" it) and we wouldn't talk about our Russian heritage (Russophobia was terrible). Since Cold War 1 ended, I started thinking about my heritage much more, and felt a big sense of pride in it. Perhaps I will live in Russia. I also have Russian born/resident friends where I can share different things, which is also great to have.

As my Russian friends say to me, "your soul is Russian". It gives me a nice feeling Haha!

russia
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Firebird wrote:After arrival in England, my grandfather  chopped the -ovich off my surname ("Anglicising" it) and we wouldn't talk about our Russian heritage (Russophobia was terrible). Since Cold War 1 ended, I started thinking about my heritage much more, and felt a big sense of pride in it.

The thing is Anglo-Saxons have a tremendous dislike for Slavs, especially Russians. This is because they could NOT conquer us unlike the third world states in Africa & Asia which they colonized for years.

I don't try to educate these Anglo Saxons. There is an old Russian saying : Дурако́в не се́ют, не жнут, са́ми родя́тся.
    andrewlya

Post  andrewlya Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Godric wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:
    Godric wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:Hi guys, I've been wanting to join a pro Russian forum for a while now only so I could get away from the Western anti Russian propaganda and hopefully to speak to some like minded people.I also would like to know where the members of this forum come from and why you are on here or why are you
    pro Russian? Would be great to know whether you have Russian blood or just like the culture or what ever. About myself, I was born in Russia but live in England and even though I love England and the British people I don't find the main media very Russian unfriendly. What i noticed though, say if you read an anti Russian article say in Daily Mail and then read the best rated comments they tend to be pro Russian almost all the time, the same with BBC there are many pro Russian comments, however those pro Russians commentators are quickly labeled as "Russian trolls", so basically if one says anything good about Russia or being anti NATO he's labeled a Russian troll.Most of my mates are pro Russian so I do believe there are many in Britain who are the same. Amount of time i've read " I wish we had Putin running the country instead of Cameron.." I've lost count. So, please introduce yourself, tell me where you are from and why you are pro Russia or like Russia, thanks guys.

I am a Albannach (Scotsman) from Ayrshire in Scotland with no ties to Russia though my great grandfather was a communist .... I have bemoaned the UK's propaganda on several of the threads on this forum ... I tend just to watch Russia Today because as you say their is a nasty overtone towards Russia and Scotland .... they just can't handle the fact that they cannot control either Scotland or Russia

Nice to meet you mate, I love Scotland. You have a beautiful nature up there. You think that the referendum on your independence was fixed? Can you imagine if Scotland had become independent , England may have had to invade you Wink

their will be another referendum in 2 to 3 years and we will win .... last time round the "fixing" wouldn't have changed the overall result the Yes campaign only had 1 media outlet behind the campaign "The Sunday Herald" the rest of the media
    was anti - Independence as it is based/controlled by London they basically run a campaign based on fear when ou think we started off with 25% support for Independence and finished up with 45% the Unionists are in panic mode ever since the referendum as the Unionist parties have literally collapsed whereas the pro independence parties have grown in strength ... about a week before the referendum the main paper ran out with a promise of more new and extensive powers to Holyrood via "The Vow" that played a big part in the final result
    and it has been now become a farce the Next Referendum the Yes campaign will start from a position of strength as the No campaign has no viable figure head to run the campaign all the main Labour party figureheads have lost creditability  ... The Sassenachs* would be silly to invade us ... we don't take kindly to being attacked .... Wild life yeah their is a good chance we will be re introducing the Brown Bear back into the wild in Scotland and possibly wolves ... I would like to see more effort in increasing the size of the Caledonian
    forest, once one of the biggest forests in Europe because large areas of the highlands once covered by the forest is now barren landscape or bogs    

*Sassenach = Sasse/Saxon | Nach/Man
    Great stuff, ive still got to visit Edinburgh properly, a beautiful city!
    andrewlya

Post  andrewlya Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:48 pm

Svyatoslavich wrote:My name is Carlo. I am Brazilian, but have been living in Argentina for 10 years. My great-grandparents, both from my mother and my father branch, were Italian. As a teenager (middle 90's) I started reading the great Russian classics from the 19th-early 20th centuries (Tolstoy, Dostoyevski, Chekhov, Gogol, Gorki, etc) and fell in love for the Russian culture. At that time I was also a Marxist - I never joined any party, but adhered to the Marxist philosophy. Fortunately, it didn't last long and I realized of all the errors it contains. Anyway, the 90's were not a good time to be a russophile: everybody kept saying "Russia is in the trash bin of history", and it sounded like crazy when I said that it would recover - these were the horrible times of the first Chechen war, the Khasavyurt treaty and the 1998 economic crash.
    Thanks for your input, bro. As they say when you get knocked down you get up stronger. You should definitely come to Russia to see it, the 90's times have long gone. The bright future ahead, with the US or without.
    andrewlya

Post  andrewlya Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Firebird wrote:

I'm a British born, British citizen. I am of Russian descent on my fathers side. Grandparents from Kiev and Western Imperial Russia. My maternal grandparents also visited the USSR regularly.

I utterly despise the British Establishment with its feudalistic class nonsense. I'm also sickened at how Britain is the perennial gimpboy for the troublemaking+ warmongering Americans.

Ultimately I support Russia's policies because she is doing the right thing, and is a chance for stability against tyranny.

After arrival in England, my grandfather  chopped the -ovich off my surname ("Anglicising" it) and we wouldn't talk about our Russian heritage (Russophobia was terrible). Since Cold War 1 ended, I started thinking about my heritage much more, and felt a big sense of pride in it. Perhaps I will live in Russia. I also have Russian born/resident friends where I can share different things, which is also great to have.

As my Russian friends say to me, "your soul is Russian". It gives me a nice feeling Haha!

russia
    That is brilliant, thanks for sharing that! I take you have been to Russia?
    You can get cheap flights on Easy Jet either from London or Manchester to Moscow for like 80 quid return!
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:55 pm

andrewlya wrote:Thanks for your input, bro. As they say when you get knocked down you get up stronger. You should definitely come to Russia to see it, the 90's times have long gone. The bright future ahead, with the US or without.
    Have been already, in 2011, only for two weeks. Yes, I was impressed because I hardly saw poverty, the cities were reasonably clean (not Swiss-style, but way cleaner than any Latin American city) and almost free of bums or drunken people. But I've been only to rich, western Russian cities (Moscow, Tula, Novgorod and Saint Petersburg).
    andrewlya

Post  andrewlya Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:56 pm

Svyatoslavich wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:Thanks for your input, bro. As they say when you get knocked down you get up stronger. You should definitely come to Russia to see it, the 90's times have long gone. The bright future ahead, with the US or without.
    Have been already, in 2011, only for two weeks. Yes, I was impressed because I hardly saw poverty, the cities were reasonably clean (not Swiss-style, but way cleaner than any Latin American city) and almost free of bums or drunken people. But I've been only to rich, western Russian cities (Moscow, Tula, Novgorod and Saint Petersburg).
    You should have gone to Volgograd and Sochi, amazing cities.
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:50 am

andrewlya wrote:
    Svyatoslavich wrote:
    You should have gone to Volgograd and Sochi, amazing cities.
    Yeah, but no time unfortunately, only 2 weeks of vacation per year in Argentina. But I hope to take the Trans-Siberian someday (and stop in quite some points along it). Anyway, I am more interested in the Russian East and North than the South.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 am

Svyatoslavich wrote:

Tula and Novgorod are rich and Western?

Na dude, they're as provincial as they come.

Anyway, nice to see so much British representation here! Though I was born and live now in Russia, I actually spent most of my life in England.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:16 am

andrewlya wrote:
    By clean I mean there is no liter on the floor, no take aways boxes and empty bolttles around scattered on streets, they pride themselves in having a clean city. Actually, I think it was in Telegraph (UK) that published an article about Minsk being the cleanest city in the world, have you been there yourself?
    My brother currently lives there. Yes, I used to be quite common guest there.
    jka
    jka

Post  jka Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:38 pm

andrewlya wrote:
    jka wrote:I am from Sweden but my parents are from Finland and other slakt from Finland.

I am not anti Russia.

I am anti communist.

Eastern raise with all communists.

Nobody outside Sweden and Finland are communists in western world.

I like Islam and little nigers more than communists from eastern world.

In Sweden heres more from Islam than communists.

+ many christ in Sweden. 7,8 million and max 1 million are communists.

1,6 million are mouslims in Sweden.

Nobody in my slakt are communist. Plus my family.

My father are nazi and lives in Finland.

He and his brother hates nigerball.

Finland are old nazi allies with the nazi Germany.

But I don't can learn finnish because finnish God are poor against me.

Jumala never want me because he learning communists before me.

Strange little communist from Finland finnish God.

Poor communist gang in my town.

Finnish God speak finnish to them.

Finnish second God don't exist if Satan say true about Joumalauta.

Joumalauta are the nazi God of Finland. Maybe Satan tell true.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Thanks for the input, but I'd refrain from using words like "nigger" or "nigger ball" these are derogatory terms which may offend some comrades on here who maybe black. We are all the same at the end of the day, let's just get on with it. Enough wars and violence out there as it is.Let's just not be offensive with regards to race.

Only my father and hims brother hates niggerball. And this two speak finnish even they aren't communists.

I am finnish but nobody of Gods cares about me or nobody of Gods don't exist but helps exist.

Nobody care about me??

I can where swede if nobody care about my finnish speaking.

I am living in Sweden and are born in Sweden and speak only swedish last 23-25 years.
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:42 am

flamming_python wrote:Tula and Novgorod are rich and Western?

Anyway, nice to see so much British representation here! Though I was born and live now in Russia, I actually spent most of my life in England.
    Provincial, sure. When I wrote "Western", I meant that these cities are west of the Ural mountains, in European Russia. And yes, these towns are quite rich, as they have an important number of businesses and enterprises, differently from many "monogorody" that still exist in Russia.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:38 am

Without giving the precide coordinates of my location, I live in a small town not too far asay from manchester in the north of england, though I was born in the midlands.

Ever since i was about 11 years old I wanted to learn russian and visit moscow, it took a while but i finally managed to get there in 2007, then the lamguage started to come easier after that. I had to learn polish first (ughh) and pnce i had got the hang of that, russian came very easily due to the similarities of grammar. Did a bit of travelling around ukraine and spent quite a bit of time in crimea, met a nice girl there. Finished with her long ago but i have some great memories of crimea, last visit was in 2012 but plan to come again, its one of my top two places in the world, i feel very much at home there.

Auslander, oneday I hope to enjoy a glass of massandras finest with you on the peninsula.
    marcinko
    marcinko

Post  marcinko Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:12 pm

Romanian here, love almost everything about Russia & Russians russia

andrewlya

Post  andrewlya Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:13 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Svyatoslavich wrote:

Tula and Novgorod are rich and Western?

From what I gather most Brits love Russia and Russians, politics is a dirty business and people know it.
    andrewlya

Post  andrewlya Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:21 pm

marcinko wrote:Romanian here, love almost everything about Russia & Russians  russia

Thanks bro,we love you too!welcome My Mum's neighbours are Romanians they are sound!
    andrewlya

Post  andrewlya Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:Without giving the precide coordinates of my location, I live in a small town not too far asay from manchester in the north of england, though I was born in the midlands.

Ever since i was about 11 years old I wanted to learn russian and visit moscow, it took a while but i finally managed to get there in 2007, then the lamguage started to come easier after that. I had to learn polish first (ughh) and pnce i had got the hang of that, russian came very easily due to the similarities of grammar. Did a bit of travelling around ukraine and spent quite a bit of time in crimea, met a nice girl there. Finished with her long ago but i have some great memories of crimea, last visit was in 2012 but plan to come again, its one of my top two places in the world, i feel very much at home there.

Auslander, oneday I hope to enjoy a glass of massandras finest with you on the peninsula.
    So, you are fully British/English? That's cool!

By the way, we are neighbours ha
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:28 pm

andrewlya wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:Without giving the precide coordinates of my location, I live in a small town not too far asay from manchester in the north of england, though I was born in the midlands.

So, you are fully British/English? That's cool!

By the way, we are neighbours ha

Indeed sir, i am an englander.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:14 am

The thing is Anglo-Saxons have a tremendous dislike for Slavs, especially Russians. This is because they could NOT conquer us unlike the third world states in Africa & Asia which they colonized for years.

I don't try to educate these Anglo Saxons. There is an old Russian saying

I am Anglo Saxon... Do I hate Russians? Give me your opinion... Smile
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:01 pm

GarryB wrote:

I don't try to educate these Anglo Saxons. There is an old Russian saying

I am Anglo Saxon... Do I hate Russians?  Give me your opinion...   Smile

Seems like us inferior uneducated anglo saxons are quite well represented on here.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:07 pm

jka wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:
    jka wrote:I am from Sweden but my parents are from Finland and other slakt from Finland.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I am finnish but nobody of Gods cares about me or nobody of Gods don't exist but helps exist.

Nobody care about me??

Att säga att ingen Gud bryr sig om dig, och att ingen Gud existerar är inte sanningen.

och asking-- är det någon som bryr sig om dig?

HÄR ÄR EN HISTORIA FÖR DIG VÅR av Bibeln.
    Lukas 10:29 Men han villig att rättfärdiga sig, sade till Jesus, och vem är då min nästa?
    Jesus svarade och sade: En man gick ner från Jerusalem till Jeriko och råkade ut för tjuvar, som slet av honom kläderna och sårade honom, och gick och lämnade honom halvdöd.
    Och av en slump kom ned en präst på det sättet, och när han fick se honom, gick han förbi på andra sidan.
    Och likaså en levit, när han var på plats, kom och tittade på honom och gick förbi på andra sidan.
    Men en samarit, som färdades samma väg, kom också dit där han var; och när han fick se honom, ömkade han sig över honom,
    Och gick till honom, och binds upp hans sår, hällde olja och vin, och satte honom på sin åsna och förde honom till ett värdshus och skötte om honom.
    Och på morgondagen när han avgick, tog han fram två silverpenningar och gav dem åt värden och sade till honom: Ta hand om honom, och vad du mer kostar, när jag kommer igen, skall jag betala dig.
    Vilken av dessa tre synes du var granne till honom som föll bland tjuvarna?
    Och han sade, han som visade honom barmhärtighet. Då sade Jesus till honom: Gå och gör som han.
    I denna berättelse, vem tror du samariten, som visade barmhärtighet, representerar?
    Tror du att det är möjligt att vi i den här världen kan falla bland tjuvar (så att säga), som kan beröva oss av våra kläder (bildligt) och sår oss, och avgår lämnar oss halvdöd?
    & Att det är möjligt att den barmhärtige samariten som visade barmhärtighet, när de religiösa personer inte kan representera Jesus Kristus, och att det är möjligt att Jesus Kristus kan vara riktigt? och att han bryr sig om dig? ...

Saying that no God cares about you, and that no God exists is not the truth.

and asking-- is there anyone who cares for you?

HERE IS A STORY FOR YOU OUT OF THE BIBLE.
    Luke 10:29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
    Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
    And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
    And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
    But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
    And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
    And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
    Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
    And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
    IN THIS STORY, WHO DO you think the Samaritan, who showed mercy, represents?
    Do you think that it's possible that  in this world we might  fall among thieves (so to speak), who might strip us  of our clothes (figuratively), and wound us, and depart leaving us half dead?
    & that it's possible that the Good Samaritan who showed mercy, when the religious persons didn't, might represent Jesus Christ, and that it's possible that Jesus Christ might be real?  and that He cares for you?...

Last edited by Cowboy's daughter on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed OUR to OUT)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:17 pm