Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+15
sepheronx
mava
GarryB
Walther von Oldenburg
d_taddei2
flamming_python
Dima
Werewolf
Svyatoslavich
Book.
antonherzen
max steel
JohninMK
Morpheus Eberhardt
KoTeMoRe
19 posters

North Korean (DPRK) trip

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Empty pics

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:23 am

as promised, please enjoy

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0710
    WATER BOTTLING FACTORY

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0711
    WATER BOTTLING FACTORY

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0713
    WATER SPRING

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0712

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0810
    The Three Revolution Exhibition is a museum located in North Korea. The exhibition primarily showcases the three revolutions of Kim Il-sung, the ideological, technical, and cultural. It is in the Ryonmot-dong area, and its vast expansive grounds also displays many other ideologies of Juche idea: heavy industry, culture, and agriculture.[1] The central building has a shape resembling a spherical planet with rings, similar to the planet of Saturn. The dome itself also houses a planetarium. In the complex, there are six exhibits which detail North Korea's advances in electronics, heavy industry, agriculture, class education, and technology

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0811

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0812

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0813

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0814

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0815

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn1013
    FARMING FIELD

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn1014
    PICTURE OUTSIDE COSMETICS FACTORY

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn1110
    WORKER INSIDE COSMETICS FACTORY

COSMETICS FACTORY (SOAP MAKING MACHINE) IN ACTION

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : INFO)
    Dima
    Dima

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Empty Re: North Korean (DPRK) trip

Post  Dima Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Thanks for your effort. thumbsup

d_taddei2 likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:01 am

d_taddei2 from what impressions u have in your trip you can give us a view as where N.Korea is leaning more economically and politically? towards China or Russia?
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:22 pm

The bias against DPRK is partially true - North Korea is a very poor country and it is very isolated economically, i.e. the volume of external trade as % of GDP is far lower thatn in the neighbooring countries. I can't see any reasons for that other than ideological ones, the BS "Juche" doctrine that promotes economic isolation - since letting Chinese investors invest in DPRK would change without recognition in 10 years.

Trips to Pyongyang tell roughly 10% of the story - that's how much people live there. You may as well go to the best neighboorhood in Kinshasa and argue that DR Congo is not that bad after all. To truly "know" a country, one has to spend several months or even years there and visit both the cities and the counteryside. OR better, use GDp per capita together with the GINI Index to determine the standard of living.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:34 am

Trips to Pyongyang tell roughly 10% of the story - that's how much people live there. You may as well go to the best neighboorhood in Kinshasa and argue that DR Congo is not that bad after all. To truly "know" a country, one has to spend several months or even years there and visit both the cities and the counteryside. OR better, use GDp per capita together with the GINI Index to determine the standard of living.

That is clearly bullshit.

Why do you think the amount of money a person has determines their standard of living?

Lets apply that reasoning to the US where 1 percent of the population have something like 70% of the money and land... by your own words you have to look at the trailer parks in tornado ally as well as Wall Street in New York City and I don't think you will see all happy people in the US and all depressed people anywhere else in the world whether it is the Congo or North Korea.

the so called trickle down effect where the very rich people have to spend their wealth and the people around them benefit is bullshit. Rich people are the tightest people I know... that is how most of them got rich in the first place... they just wall themselves in and try to hang on to the money they have and try to generate more.

I have heard they taste better than poor people because of their better diet... Twisted Evil
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:The bias against DPRK is partially true - North Korea is a very poor country and it is very isolated economically, i.e. the volume of external trade as % of GDP is far lower thatn in the neighbooring countries. I can't see any reasons for that other than ideological ones, the BS "Juche" doctrine that promotes economic isolation - since letting Chinese investors invest in DPRK would change without recognition in 10 years.

i actually have to disagree with you. I think you have been reading a little too much media. I did not just visit the Pyongyang, but visited the countryside too, as well as other cities and towns and saw things i really wasn't suppose to see including military vehicles, radar installations, artillery positions. The economy isn't great but then tell me any country who has the level of sanctions DPRK has on it? The economy isn't as bad as the west makes out, and nobody is starving, infact the opposite, its more modern than you think and huge amount of building projects going on, the west really hates the fact that DPRK hasn't collapsed and the people and army haven't over thrown their leaders over the years. I think the best thing for you to do is visit the country like i do with all the countries i visit i normally find its nohing like what the media says its like. People in North Korea get given a house, free medical care, free education including university, access to basket ball courts, gyms, chances to learn foreign languages, when i was their they were learning english and watching Kung fu Panda in english. the childrens summer camp was impressive. And something else that may surprise was their is two american brothers living in North Korea running a goat farm, and they are free to roam around.
    mava

Post  mava Sun May 01, 2016 10:20 am

Nice! Tnx for sharing!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon May 02, 2016 11:25 am

Thanks d_taddei2, the western media wont show us the truth when it doesn't suit their agenda, and it does not suit their agenda to show a country surviving on its own without western investment/cooperation.

Why if everyone did that the west would not stay rich for long... and that is the goal.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon May 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Thank you so much Taddie for these photo and explanations. If you got more photos, please share them!

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun May 15, 2016 11:45 pm

sepheronx wrote:Thank you so much Taddie for these photo and explanations. If you got more photos, please share them!

as requested.

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 20150810
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 20150811
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0511
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0512
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0510
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0513
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0514
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0515
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0516
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0517
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0610
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0611
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0612
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0613
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0614
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0616
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0617
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0615
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0618
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0619
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon May 16, 2016 12:11 am

and a some more.
    i cant post them all i have over 500 pics. If there is anything you want to see etc or want to see more of let me know i might just have a pic. Although i saw some military stuff for obvious reasons i couldn't take pics, as i was leaving North Korea by land they check every picture on my camera, and you can only imagine the kinda of hassle i would get into if i had pics of military vehicles, soldiers, artillery positions, comms posts and radar sites, i saw all of these but taking pics was too risky even for me.

North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0623
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0622
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0621
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0620
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0710
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0711
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0712
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0715
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0717
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0716
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0713
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0714
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0719
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0718
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0810
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0720
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0721
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0722
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0723
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0726
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0725
    North Korean (DPRK) trip - Page 2 Dscn0724
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon May 16, 2016 12:23 am

What you should do is put up a Yandex Cloud account and upload them there (you can tie it to your PC so it creates a folder that syncs with the cloud so you don't have to be necessarily online at all times). I am doing that for my india trip to show friends/family.

https://disk.yandex.com/

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon May 16, 2016 12:31 am

sepheronx wrote:What you should do is put up a Yandex Cloud account and upload them there (you can tie it to your PC so it creates a folder that syncs with the cloud so you don't have to be necessarily online at all times).  I am doing that for my india trip to show friends/family.

https://disk.yandex.com/

thanks for the advice, but some of my family aren't the best of computers but seem to have figured out facebook lol, so i just use facebook for uploading my pics, it allows friends and family from all over the world view them and its free Very Happy
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon May 16, 2016 3:23 am

So is Yandex.  It is extremely easy.  Essentially, you have a yandex account (email or whatever) and it just lets you download the program to your computer.  Once you upload whatever you want, you have a button on the webpage that states "share" and it will either be on or off.  Once you flick it on, it just gives you a link.  The link you share with everyone and they just put the link in the address bar and they will be able to see all the pics.

I would seriously look at all of your photos that are clearly not too personal of course. Chances are, my wife wont be interested ever in going to NK so this is my only real chance to see what it really looks like.

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon May 16, 2016 5:42 am

Whao, excellent pictures there mate. Gave me history vibes of China's "Forbidden City."

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon May 16, 2016 11:34 am

thanks to both of you. i might just have to look into Yandex Very Happy
    but of course i am open to having some people added to my FB friends list if they want.

Funny you mention the forbidden city in Beijing China as i also did this just before going to North Korea.

I have nearly 6,500 pictures and some videos, from such as Ehiopia, Somaliland, Tajikistan (inc Pamir Highway), Uzbekistan (inc Aral sea), Kyrgyzstan, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Moldova, Transnistria, Ukraine including Donetsk when it was take over by the people, Crimea before (2009) and a week after becoming part of Russia, also have pics of Pervomaisk Missile silo base even got the chance to sit in the chair and press the launch button Very Happy i have also visited Chernobyl twice the second time i got to stay in the exclusion zone for 5 days staying over night next to where the workers stay. I am happy to help people experience any of this if you need help give me a shout.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon May 16, 2016 11:56 am

taddei i would like to ask you, are there any night clubs in n.korea? Smile

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon May 16, 2016 12:21 pm

This is very informative d_taddei2, thanks for posting this thumbsup

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue May 17, 2016 12:01 am

George1 wrote:taddei i would like to ask you, are there any night clubs in n.korea? Smile

yes and no, i dont think they have nightclubs to what in the west would be termed as a nightclub, but they rather instead have karaoke clubs which serves alcohol, and they normally have a lounge/bar next door them as well. When i was their i went to the Diplomat club, which had a lounge/bar and karaoke bar, and i think it also have pool tables in another room. One thing i will tell every North Korean i came across could sing really well and play an instrument. Just look at my North Korean videos of the children playing various instruments its amazing.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Wed May 25, 2016 11:54 am

madman you actually did it, i was planning also to do a trip to north korea for 1 person its 2.170€ for 6 days/5 nights so nothing unpayble trying to find a second person to go with it would be like 30% cheaper

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed May 25, 2016 3:31 pm

NationalRus wrote:madman you actually did it, i was planning also to do a trip to north korea for 1 person its 2.170€ for 6 days/5 nights so nothing unpayble  trying to find a second person to go with it would be like 30% cheaper

hi could i ask which company you are considering? the company i went with was pretty good and i spent the same but went for 10 days and visited quite a few places outside the capital i flew in and left over land by bus into China
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Wed May 25, 2016 4:23 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:
    NationalRus wrote:madman you actually did it, i was planning also to do a trip to north korea for 1 person its 2.170€ for 6 days/5 nights so nothing unpayble  trying to find a second person to go with it would be like 30% cheaper

hi could i ask which company you are considering? the company i went with was pretty good and i spent the same but went for 10 days and visited quite a few places outside the capital i flew in and left over land by bus into China

not much of a choices of companys that i have, looked most up thru this one

http://www.nordkoreareisen.de/en/index.html

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:20 pm

NationalRus wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

not much of a choices of companys that i have, looked most up thru this one

http://www.nordkoreareisen.de/en/index.html

sorry for the late reply,

i went with KTG north korean travel and found them to be pretty cheap but offered the same and more than the rest. If you speak to a guy called Rayco tell him you spoke to me (Dominic from Scotland). If theres anything else i can help with let me know, i am pretty well travelled and can help with most things.

http://www.north-korea-travel.com/
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Οne country you could also visit taddei is Laos i think. It looks also somehow isolated and it would be interesting to see what is happening there Smile

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:26 am

George1 wrote:Οne country you could also visit taddei is Laos i think. It looks also somehow isolated and it would be interesting to see what is happening there Smile

Hi I have already been to Laos, when I was visiting south east Asia also visited Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand. A few other places I've been are the following, Canada, Morocco, Czech Rep, Poland, Latvia, Cyprus (for 1 1/2years), China, North Korea, Ukraine (Including Crimea once before annexation and about 10 days after annexation, Chernobyl twice second time stayed there for 5 days), Moldova (inc Transnistria), Uzbekistan (inc Aral sea), Tajikistan (inc Gorno badakshan area/Pamir highway), and Kyrgyzstan (stayed with nomads in the mountains). And have plenty of pics and videos if anyone is interested.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:43 pm