Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
par far
magnumcromagnon
Neutrality
k@llashniKoff
GarryB
NationalRus
Walther von Oldenburg
Патриот
HUNTER VZLA
Andre73
Svyatoslavich
Kimppis
max steel
AK-Rex
grigorev88
Project Canada
Cyberspec
tipex12
auslander
Acheron
BKP
coolieno99
andrey19900
Specnaz
Alexander_A
andreyRUS
GRU
jhelb
Zivo
Korbin Dallas
Centric
kvs
KoTeMoRe
Mike E
x_54_u43
DukNuk
alexZam
KiloGolf
marcinko
Big_Gazza
wilhelm
HeNeArKrXeRn_
2SPOOKY4U
zg18
JohninMK
franco
VitalyVK
MOPO3
Werewolf
chicken
sepheronx
Kyo
FichtL_WichtL
OminousSpudd
whir
Radium
ult
Bolt
archangelski
Berkut
Flyboy77
Morpheus Eberhardt
Flankerman
George1
cheesfactory
Book.
PapaDragon
TheArmenian
Viktor
Captain Nemo
74 posters

Russian Military Photos and Videos #3

Viktor
    Viktor

Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian Military Photos and Videos #3

Post  Viktor Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:09 pm

Epic .... just epic Very Happy thumbsup

https://youtu.be/UrooCnuALJ4
    AK-Rex
    AK-Rex

Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian Military Photos and Videos #3

Post  AK-Rex Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:32 am

DTA
    DTA

Post  DTA Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:17 am

Story of Sukhoi KNAAPO aviation plant (english language)

Mig-31 training flights . Kansk AFB

Divers of Belomorsk Naval base are preparing for international competitions

Winter expedition of Ministry of Defence in Naryan-Mar

Command drills near Novovoronezh nuclear plant

Daily work of army psychologist

Solders testing new mountain training system. Western military district

Kursk OMON and SOBR units show their trainings

"Safe Environment" - Сompetition of CBRN defense units. Kursk region

K-550 Alexander Nevsky and Vilyuchinsk naval base

Production complex “Akhtuba". Volgograd

Tank biathlon in Eastern Military district

New tugboats SB-121 and SB-123 for Baltic Fleet

S-400 Triumf accepted on service in 14th Army of the Air Force and Air Defence

New education systems in military universaties

Women's competiton ahead of International Women day. Strategic missile forces
    Stormovik

Post  Stormovik Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:09 pm

DTA wrote:

Students of Moscow High Military Command School

Which rocket launcher is that?
    tipex12
    tipex12

Post  tipex12 Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:28 pm

I Serve Russia! Issue of March 6, 2016

The rally in the Arctic Ocean. Part two
    DTA
    DTA

Post  DTA Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:13 am

Stormovik wrote:

reporter said that it still hasn't name, just new rpg for ratnik combat gear passing trials
    Also it's not first moment where new rpg were spotted
    Solder at left side
    Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 RaPFNvK
    AK-Rex
    AK-Rex

Post  AK-Rex Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Deadly Beauties: Women of the Russian Airborne Assault Forces  russia

Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 1035953045

Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 1035953922

Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 1035954632
    AK-Rex
    AK-Rex

Post  AK-Rex Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:25 pm

The Baltic Fleet Series Episode 01

Stormovik

Post  Stormovik Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:50 pm

DTA wrote:
    Stormovik wrote:

reporter said that it still hasn't name, just new rpg for ratnik combat gear passing trials
    Also it's not first moment where new rpg were spotted
    Solder at left side
    Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 RaPFNvK

Thanks a lot.
    tipex12
    tipex12

Post  tipex12 Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:02 pm

Female special forces of the Armed Forces blew up a secret bunker "enemy"

Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

Post  Arctic_Fox Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 %D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B7
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 East%2B2014-%2BRussian%2Bmilitary%2Bexercises%2Bin%2BKamchatka%2B3
    tipex12
    tipex12

Post  tipex12 Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:30 pm

Personnel redeployment "Iskander" in the Orenburg region
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:35 am

Admiral Gorshkov, pedal to the metal, doing almost 30 knots:

Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 09-4129277-123
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:24 am

Arctic_Fox wrote:Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 %D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B7

Tactical tankist on the Left? What the actual...
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:38 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Arctic_Fox wrote:Russian Military Photos and Videos #3 - Page 39 %D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B7

Tactical tankist on the Left? What the actual...

...Sooner or later Armata will evolve in to a battle suit... Cool Wink
    par far

Post  par far Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Militarov wrote:
    par far wrote:

Whenever I see pictures of the Russian military training, they are most of the time using the SVD Sniper, why don't they use the Orsis or Lobavev or other sniper rifles?

Because those are not frontline sniper rifles. They cost like dozen SVDs, and are overkill for what squad dedicated marksman would use it for. Small amount of those were seen in hands of MVD and FSB but thats all, they are more sporting rifles than for military use.

Hi there Militarov, by saying this, you are saying that the Russian Armed Forces are cheap(which they are not) and that Russia cannot make long range snipers for the military, just sporting rifles.

You are basically saying that the west is better than Russia, when it comes to making long range sniper rifles(which I don't think is true).
    par far

Post  par far Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:13 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    par far wrote:

Whenever I see pictures of the Russian military training, they are most of the time using the SVD Sniper, why don't they use the Orsis or Lobavev or other sniper rifles?

Because those are not frontline sniper rifles. They cost like dozen SVDs, and are overkill for what squad dedicated marksman would use it for. Small amount of those were seen in hands of MVD and FSB but thats all, they are more sporting rifles than for military use.

there's also another reason. There are now other optics available for the rifle with ad hoc zeroing. In those pictures you have brand new Dedals 8x30-32/8x40 and what looks like 12x50. This allows for the SVD to basically move out of the 600m killzone up to a more respectable 800 with only ammunition and optic swap.

Also thanks to the Universal mount, the rifle retains its Iron sights, so it doesn't sacrifice anything except some more RUR from the Budget.

That is good that they are up to 800m kill zone but KoTeMoRe, don't you think, that Russia needs some snipers in the Russian Army(regular army), that can hit targets to 1500m(like most west countries do, I know that they have the 12.7x108 snipers but those are very heavy and make a lot of sound and flash to unmask the shooter).
    tipex12
    tipex12

Post  tipex12 Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Russian Su-25SM relocated to the Kant air base in Tajikistan

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:54 pm

par far wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    par far wrote:

Hi there Militarov, by saying this, you are saying that the Russian Armed Forces are cheap(which they are not) and that Russia cannot make long range snipers for the military, just sporting rifles.

You are basically saying that the west is better than Russia, when it comes to making long range sniper rifles(which I don't think is true).

I stay completely behind this statement of mine. SVD is fine squad dedicated marksman rifle, one of its qualities is fact its cheap. Infantry squad dedicated marksman rifles are in majority of the armies simply heavy barrel guns based on assault or battle rifles.

Some examples:

Germany - HK417/MR308 A3 and G3SG/1 (latter one is becoming rare)
    USA - SDM-R and M21/M25
    Serbia - M76 and M91
    China - QBU-88 and Type 79 (Basically SVD but getting phased out)
    Japan - Howa Type 64
    UK - L129A1
    Turkey - MSG90 and SR-25 (some SVDs too)

Some countries like Canada and France prefer to issue on squad lvl bolt action sniper rifles but is in my opinion huge waste of money especially on sizeable armies, even worse if conscript based.

Also Lobaev rifles will never enter military service, at least not existing models, thes are single shot, custom-built bolt-action sniper rifles for fun, target practice and enthousiasts, they have no place in mud. Some were as i said above seen in hands of FSB/MVD units but i doubt more than few dozen were ever obtained.

Long range anti-material rifles that Russians do actually use are SVN-98, KSVK and OSV-96.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:01 pm

par far wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    par far wrote:

there's also another reason. There are now other optics available for the rifle with ad hoc zeroing. In those pictures you have brand new Dedals 8x30-32/8x40 and what looks like 12x50. This allows for the SVD to basically move out of the 600m killzone up to a more respectable 800 with only ammunition and optic swap.

Also thanks to the Universal mount, the rifle retains its Iron sights, so it doesn't sacrifice anything except some more RUR from the Budget.

That is good that they are up to 800m kill zone but KoTeMoRe, don't you think, that Russia needs some snipers in the Russian Army(regular army), that can hit targets to 1500m(like most west countries do, I know that they have the 12.7x108 snipers but those are very heavy and make a lot of sound and flash to unmask the shooter).

CheyTac Intervention rifle in .408 CT caliber weigths 14kg. That is 1kg more than OSV96. What would make sense tho is to simply make SV-98 in .338 Lapua or some similar caliber Russians are fond of to fill the gap.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Militarov wrote:
    par far wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    par far wrote:

I stay completely behind this statement of mine. SVD is fine squad dedicated marksman rifle, one of its qualities is fact its cheap. Infantry squad dedicated marksman rifles are in majority of the armies simply heavy barrel guns based on assault or battle rifles.

Some examples:

USA - SDM-R and M21/M25
    Serbia - M76 and M91
    Japan - Howa Type 64
    UK - L129A1

Some countries like Canada and France prefer to issue on squad lvl bolt action sniper rifles but is in my opinion huge waste of money especially on sizeable armies, even worse if conscript based.

Also Lobaev rifles will never enter military service, at least not existing models, thes are single shot, custom-built bolt-action sniper rifles for fun, target practice and enthousiasts, they have no place in mud. Some were as i said above seen in hands of FSB/MVD units but i doubt more than few dozen were ever obtained.

Long range anti-material rifles that Russians do actually use are SVN-98, KSVK and OSV-96.

Please stop using invented shitty US created terms. There is no such thing as a battle rifle nor a marksman rifle. it is SNIPERSKAJA VINTOVKA DRAGUNOVA it is a sniper rifle, period.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Werewolf wrote:Please stop using invented shitty US created terms. There is no such thing as a battle rifle nor a marksman rifle. it is SNIPERSKAJA VINTOVKA DRAGUNOVA it is a sniper rifle, period.

+1

Post  Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    par far wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    par far wrote:

Some examples:

USA - SDM-R and M21/M25
    Serbia - M76 and M91
    Japan - Howa Type 64
    UK - L129A1

Please stop using invented shitty US created terms. There is no such thing as a battle rifle nor a marksman rifle. it is SNIPERSKAJA VINTOVKA DRAGUNOVA it is a sniper rifle, period.

Battle rifle is at this moment kinda required term to separate assault rifles from full-power rifle cartridge weapons of same form. Exactly same term "Borbena puška" and "Jurišna puška" just in Serbian i used during my non-CO school, as it was used in recently printed literature we used (post 1995.), so term became widely accepted. M76 and M91 today in service here are dubbed as "Водни снајпер" which literally means "Squad sniper", which SVD and M76 literally are.

Military literature also makes difference between squad level marksman and dedicated sniper as they for start do not fall under same units, their weapons are in most cases not the same and ranges they are supposed (at least in theory) to cover are also different.

Its also fact that in Serbia we atm do not have real intermediate sniper in widespread service (except Special Brigade), so we actually use Black Arrow .50 on company lvl.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Militarov wrote:

Battle rifle is at this moment kinda required term to separate assault rifles from full-power rifle cartridge weapons of same form. Exactly same term "Borbena puška" and "Jurišna puška" just in Serbian i used during my non-CO school, as it was used in recently printed literature we used (post 1995.), so term became widely accepted. M76 and M91 today in service here are dubbed as "Водни снајпер" which literally means "Squad sniper", which SVD and M76 literally are.

Its also fact that in Serbia we atm do not have real intermediate sniper in widespread service (except Special Brigade), so we actually use Black Arrow .50 on company lvl.

No it is not needed at all. The muricans invented terms without any difference or alteration through firearms history on technological level. The same things that were called 10 years or 60 years back Assault rifles are today indoctrinated by Americans to be called Battlerifles. No such terminology nor necessity to change that is seen here in Germany, it is still a Sturmgewehr, the russians who invented the Assault Rifle are the holders of the invention and they make the terminology AVTOMAT, the brits have invented the term Sniper in connection with the use of it and the russians use it, they have invented the tank and the russians use it, like most use it, the americans have invented the Gatling gun and everyone seems to respect it and the invention along the classification and terminology of such weapons along the Browning mechanism, no need to change things with wrong terminology. An assault rifle is an light automatic infantry based weapon of mass production and distribution to cover defensive aswell offensive purpose on short/mid ranges. An G-3 which muhricans try to reframe as a Battle Rifle is higher calibre but as an infantry weapon does not cover more range in infantry movement or operation. To make it useful for higher ranges it would need a scope, since humans are pretty bad seeing things in open field standing straight up with high contrast rich distingtive objects beyond 300m and soldiers usually use cover and camoflauge so a battle rifle nor an assault rifle will cover more ground for infantry based warfare, usefull in ambushes but not useful on the large scale of operations to need a new term for a rifle that does the exact same job, which is the only essencial for weapon classification, their intented JOB.

Military literature also makes difference between squad level marksman and dedicated sniper as they for start do not fall under same units, their weapons are in most cases not the same and ranges they are supposed (at least in theory) to cover are also different.

They have the exact same job. To take out threats from long ranges beyond usual assault rifle reach of high valueable targets as a priority, but not exclusively. The difference of those are the Units and that is why they have already a distinction in terminology of Units, because that is the only significance there is how the units are formed and there purpose. The weapons have the exact same purpose, other wise that weapon terminology would make DEDICATED Sniper teams that are operating in a two man two team sniper assassination missioned unit a Marksman unit just because they choose for that job a SVD and not a SV-98. The only difference there is between SVD weapons for infantry units is that they are much cheaper and simplier compared with more than 3 times the expensive weapons of SV-98/SVK/OSV-96/KSSVK and so on.

The unit distinction and terminology makes sense, because they have specialized job under harder, extremer situations in isolation, the weapons terminology does not make any sense otherwise the unit distinction would not make any sense if it is all based on weapons like you, well indicate at least unwanted.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:51 am