Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

4 posters

How save is Syria at secured areas?

Aristide
    Aristide

How save is Syria at secured areas? Empty How save is Syria at secured areas?

Post  Aristide Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Just a hypothetical question.

What if a french delagtion travels to Syria for business talks to Damascus and so on. How safe would it be there? I´m not talking about a big presidential delegation but local politicians, business
    officials and assistants ect.
    Admin
    Admin

How save is Syria at secured areas? Empty Re: How save is Syria at secured areas?

Post  Admin Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Not very, there are a number of insurgents that have melted back into the population looking to kidnap foreigners. You would need a security detail.
    Isos
    Isos

How save is Syria at secured areas? Empty Re: How save is Syria at secured areas?

Post  Isos Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:06 pm

There was already a french delegation that went in syria to meet Assad if I'm not wrong.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Depends how important the person is the higher up the more security they would get the lower down the totem poll less so.

generally, if a delegation is going there they will be restricted to the most secure and controlled areas to limit this issue.

it would look bad for Assad if a bunch of Delegates from any country got killed due to the failures of his men to protect them.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Well i´m assistant in a headquarter of a government company. We sometimes have delegations to countries. I was already in Russia but also visited Iran ect. Most fucked up country i was part of a delegation at was Madagascar and Algeria.

We usually have some local politicians with us.

I assume the syrian government would make sure nothing happenes but i dont know how things work in Damascus.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:55 pm