Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

2 posters

About Odin of Ossetia

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

About Odin of Ossetia Empty About Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:36 am

Due to some poster(s) on this forum accusing me of being a Turk, I think I need to clarify my origins.

I am not from Turkey, and never even been to that country.

I am actually Polish.

No, I do not have any known ethnic Ossetian ancestry despite my forum name, but I believe I have lots of Lah ancestry, a proto-Polish tribe from south-eastern Poland (Zamojszczyzna) who some believe (like a 19th century Polish Jew named Gumplewicz) to have been Slavicized Goths, and since Goths are actually of Ossetian origin, so I use the name.

I am at least around of 90% ethnic Polish origin, have also some minor ancestry from Macedonia (could be Macedonian, Greek, or even Vlach), and also marginal ethnic German (possibly including Austrian) ancestry.

There is a princely Ottoman family from Macedonia I could be descended from, who were apparently of ethnic Catalan origin (a splinter group of the Catalan Company that joined the Ottoman Turks), but I do not know that for certain, and as I wrote my ancestry that is apparently from Macedonia is minor (6.25% or 1/16).

Long ago some people told me I sound totally like Arnold Schwarzenegger when I say "I'll be back."

Ossetia of course is my very distant ancestral land, but I also have never been there.

franco
    franco

About Odin of Ossetia Empty Re: About Odin of Ossetia

Post  franco Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:09 am

thumbsup

Good for you respekt
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:28 am

franco wrote:thumbsup

Good for you respekt

About the origin of the princely Ottoman Evrenosogullari family:

https://books.google.ca/books?id=31j8T6XoigYC&pg=PA59&lpg=PA59&dq=Isa+the+Frank+Catalan+Ottoman&source=bl&ots=nhs6G5qE0r&sig=ACfU3U0vN4Axqo4EMwsIVX4wH8mwT2Uj6A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjz5P6N5fXnAhU0HjQIHcRcB5MQ6AEwAHoECAwQAQ#v=onepage&q=Isa%20the%20Frank%20Catalan%20Ottoman&f=false

The guy who founded that town in the Aegean Macedonia had seven sons and a few daughters, so I might be descended from this family, but I do not know this for certain, albeit it is possible.

The story of the founding of this princely Ottoman family is strangely similar to the story of Odin as recounted by Snorri Sturluson. Sounds a bit like a prophecy to me by Snorri Sturluson, while he believed he wrote about the past, he actually wrote about what was to come in the future. The Aesir came from Ossetia, not from Tyrkland (Turkland or Turkey).

But as I wrote, my ethnic origin is predominantly Polish.

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:24 am

My Polish noble coat-of-arms:

Zaremba

About Odin of Ossetia Herb_Zaremba

In Poland overwhelming majority of the noble coat-of-arms are shared with a number of other families, and these coat-of-arms have their own specific name, nearly always different from the surname. This is different from the rest of Europe. There are some Polish noble families who have their own family noble coat-of-arms, but they are only a small minority.

The Polish noble families who share the same coat-of-arms are known as the so-called heraldic clan.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:20 am