Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

4 posters

Schizophrenia

kvs
    kvs

Schizophrenia Empty Schizophrenia

Post  kvs Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaW1FNo_p5M

This nutjob has killed 17 people in Nova Scotia, Canada. He was a dentist and appeared to treat people well. I knew at least
    one male schizophrenic and they are very deceptive. Their broken brains grow secret resentments to what normal people
    consider trivial issues. A normal person would just say that someone is crossing a line or being annoying. A schizophrenic
    may well act as if there is no problem, but evolve a rabid hate for the "transgression".

Since this nutjob staged murder scenes across the province I think he must have been chasing down former patients. The
    police say it was random, but that is obvious BS, random would not involve and elaborate cross-province crime scene.
    Why not just go door to door in some target community? Canada does not have hand gun owners and lethal defense
    laws that would stop short such and attack pattern.

nomadski
    nomadski

Schizophrenia Empty Re: Schizophrenia

Post  nomadski Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Most people, who suffer from mental illness, of a severe and enduring nature. A psychotic illness involving hallucinations and delusions, are far too disorganised to carry out a planned attacked, like the one you mentioned. Usually the personality types, are disordered. Sociopaths, with no sympathy or empathy. Or hate filled individuals, with sadistic streak. Or simply misguided. They are more than likely not ill. Most terror related offences are committed by hate filled individuals, who are misguided or mistaken in their beliefs.  A person truly suffering from severe illness, is at most capable of self injury by simple means or at most by picking up a knife..............
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:04 pm

nomadski wrote:Most people, who suffer from mental illness, of a severe and enduring nature. A psychotic illness involving hallucinations and delusions, are far too disorganised to carry out a planned attacked, like the one you mentioned. Usually the personality types, are disordered. Sociopaths, with no sympathy or empathy. Or hate filled individuals, with sadistic streak. Or simply misguided. They are more than likely not ill. Most terror related offences are committed by hate filled individuals, who are misguided or mistaken in their beliefs.  A person truly suffering from severe illness, is at most capable of self injury by simple means or at most by picking up a knife..............

You make way too many assumptions and nonsense assertions. Clearly you have no experience with, or awareness of, male schizophrenics.
    They are not autistic and are not disorganized. In fact, they tend to be obsessive compulsive and can build and carry out elaborate plans.
    Like I posted, I have direct personal experience with one. Your lame attempt to "debunk" me is really not worth the time of day.

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:05 pm

I knew way too many people with schizo...

I had a childhood friend who was a schizo. A wonderful friend with a troubled mind. His family was one of the lucky few who managed to privatise strategic assets. In last days of Soviet Union his father was working as chemical factory manager and they ended owning whole of the factory. Then wood processing plant. Then liquid gas storage where I "worked" as a director (glorified admin job) and at that time I was too young to grow a mustache. Ok, I wasn't that young, but surely not experienced.

So, having friend like him was really awesome at first, especially when I had nothing, not even a zhiguli then.

Working was very relaxed there. Weekends were when drinking started. Whisky, vodka and more whisky. No drugs of course, but alcohol. Drugs were gay in our circle and only "petukhs" and prisoners used them.

So when he invited you couldn't say no and not to go. He would come to my house and wait outside for an hour until I went out. Same as he did when he wanted me on his football team when we were kids. My mother was crying as she said I will become alcoholic and etc criminal. That time Lithuania executed jewish mafia man and death penalty was still a thing so all mothers were afraid even for kids who were doing nothing, such was an impact of death penalty lol.

Eventually over the years he started to become very violent when drunk. First I wasn't a target of his violence, because he knew I could lay him with one hit. He used to pick on mentally weaker guys who got bitch slapped and said thanks for getting hit.
    I always mocked him in front of others and he was shitting himself laughing, but suddenly he could stop and take it seriously.

One day he wasn't very happy about me for some reason and started a rant by saying that only faggots serve in military, especially faggot one in Lithuania. Better to spend year in jail and learn thing or two. The same day in sauna he got balls to threaten me with a gun to my head in front of my own girlfriend at the time and tell me that he knows I was stealing money out of the work safe and he knows exactly where I keep it in my house. He said he has CCTV footage and I knew he was lying as he never stepped in my office. I tried to play it as a joke, but he genuinely told me to admit it or else die like a bitch. I didn't believe he could shoot me and I thought it was his act so I grabbed gun out of his hands when he moved it and I hid it for the night until we finished drinking. He was all friendly after it.

I was actually very wrong about him not being able to shoot someone in the head.

From our childhood one of his crazy things was when he used to challenge me. There was always tension, like getting hottest girl, jumping of highest cliff, going in the deepest cavern in 9th Fort death camp. We used to drink at weekends, same thing carried to work - there was sauna, pool, basketball pitch. And Industrial machinery. One time he dared me to climb on "Kazyol" - gantry crane and climb down the cable(it leaves metal splinters in your palms and thighs haha), jump over silo hole that could fit Ural truck and other stupid stuff. He did all this and even crazier shit that I didn't dare. I am not sure how stupid it looked for everyone. After he sobered up he used to be very bright and talk in such a manner that you could only listen in awe. From Nietshe, to Descartes quattes, where did he get time to read the books I am still not sure. He said he hears voices that he has multiple personalities and sometimes he is wants to punch someone in the face and next minute he wants to cry on their shoulder.

Eventually he did install CCTV in my office, he took company's car off me and I was never invited to party any more out of nowhere. My work place got dismantled and sold, I left and wasn't offered anything. He always asked me who was phoning when I phoned him - he had my number deleted. Out of nowhere. I don't even know what I did to this day.

He killed his wife and shot himself few years later. He left no note. He wasn't drunk. His family told me he was on anti depressants and suffered depression and breakdowns. There was no funeral. Me being godfather ment nothing. His kids were raised by his wife's parents

Mental health problems and suicide are the bane of my people. My cousin had almost identical experience with his schizophrenic father. He slept in the fields to escape fathers axe.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:04 am

@ Regular

I am sorry that KVS thinks, I am out there trying to debunk him! I had no such intension. Only that I value his posts and like to see people respect him and reply to him. To keep him here. Posting and illuminating us with his fascinating views. So since he will not reply to me, on this. I address you.

I was a qualified psychiatric nurse. I saw and looked after hundreds of people suffering from mental illness. So I think I can express a view. The label of schizophrenia or other labels are misused frequently by the public to describe people with illness. But an accurate diagnosis in this field is difficult. Diagnostic criteria vary. And opinion is divided among psychiatrists, even on the same cases or individuals.

Mental life is like a finger print. Very individual. Every individual displays differently. And depending on symptoms then has degree of responsibility. That is why, in criminal cases, an assessment is made, to establish if a person is fit to stand trial. Are they criminals or ill or the mentally insane. Psychopathy and split personality disorder is often confused with schizophrenia. Most schizophrenics I came across, were truly disorganised. Unable to manage simple tasks of self care. Unable to clean or wash or to eat on time..... Here is diagnostic criteria used.

https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/dsm

In my view, most violence against other people are done by people who are well. People who are ill mostly hurt themselves. Humans are like giant bipedal Rats, with even bigger nashing teeth. Who will even cannibalise each other, when hungry. Or coupulate with farm animals, if hardup. Society is function of human weakness. Not streanght. Everybody dreams of their own private island. Safe. With own supplies. And slaves........
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:27 am

There are a lot of very messed up people... and they need treatment and help rather than pitchforks and lynchmobs... but unfortunately it is never about the mental illness and always an opportunity to tighten gun laws... after all the laws that make illegal drugs illegal and legal drugs that can be just as addictive legal prevents any trade or marketing of such drugs... the law is the law... the laws against murder prevent murders from happening all the time don't they?

Tight gun control laws and registration don't stop shooting rampages... the people who go on rampages have all sorts of different reasons for doing what they are doing... the availablility of guns has nothing to do with their reasons and people doing this predates firearms by hundreds of years.

They used to call them amok killers... the run amok is to run or walk though a village... yours or someone elses and just randomly kill and maim people... it might start with an argument or a trigger confrontation but then it just continues with anyone you happen to come across.

The word amok is Malaysian and is thousands of years old and meant to go through the village with a knife or machette killing and maiming at random until stopped.

Banning guns wont stop it... it is about mental health.

They never explore the mental reasons... they think this is a one off and it is dealt with... lets tighten up the gun laws... so it never happens again...

So you end up like Japan where no body has guns except the criminals... and the last mass murder was done with fire... a guy barricaded a building and set fire to it killing about 20 people in the process... didn't need a gun... what a shock.... perhaps ban the sale of Petrol will solve the problem?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:34 pm