Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

3 posters

Starving charities need your money

kvs
    kvs

Starving charities need your money Empty Starving charities need your money

Post  kvs Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Eye opening video on the charity industry.   They are wallowing hundreds of billions of dollars in Canada alone.    About 22% of total government (federal and provincial)
    expenditures are on charities, or $184 billion per year and rising.   Accounting for private contributions explodes this number to $280 billion.     And it is a fact that
    charities have enormous overhead costs so only a fraction of the $280 billion goes to the supposed targets.

This video is sponsored by certain political elements itself, ignore the BS about climate change at the end.   The points it is making are valid when it comes to the
    nonsense of offloading government function on to private outfits with their own agendas that do not conform to voter choice.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Starving charities need your money Empty Re: Starving charities need your money

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:31 am

There was a documentary on the Aussie Sky channel a short while back and Aussies are struggling, because just before Covid-19 they had massive bushfires, so many of them don't have houses or jobs or savings, and all the local charities with tens of millions of dollars donated to help with the drought which they had before the bushfires and the bushfires, are not distributing the money... they are hanging on to the money till later.... whatever the hell that means... I suspect they just like having healthy looking bank balances... dirty bastards...

Most did not respond to questions from the documentary reporters...

I am very selective as to what I donate to these days...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:31 am

GarryB wrote:There was a documentary on the Aussie Sky channel a short while back and Aussies are struggling, because just before Covid-19 they had massive bushfires, so many of them don't have houses or jobs or savings, and all the local charities with tens of millions of dollars donated to help with the drought which they had before the bushfires and the bushfires, are not distributing the money... they are hanging on to the money till later.... whatever the hell that means... I suspect they just like having healthy looking bank balances... dirty bastards...

Most did not respond to questions from the documentary reporters...

I am very selective as to what I donate to these days...

Hey Gary fun fact the only time i ever donated was in New Zealand for your Kakapo program. Cute little fellas.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:21 pm