Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+2
PapaDragon
gbu48098
6 posters

Konichiwa!

gbu48098

Konichiwa! Empty Konichiwa!

Post  gbu48098 Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:57 am

From the mouth of George Costanza in Seinfeld.....greetings and salutations!!

Somewhere from the ends of the earth and center of the universe in the past.....I am at one of these locations at any given time. Just get the urge sometime to write a comment. Cheers!
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Konichiwa! Empty Re: Konichiwa!

Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:40 am

welcome

gbu48098 likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:17 am

welcome

But there is no need to 'like' a 'welcome post, this is an ancient site not Social Media. You should save it for posts that impress you. Anyway no-one saves or counts 'likes' here.
    archangelski
    archangelski

Post  archangelski Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:55 am

welcome

gbu48098 likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:53 am

welcome Very Happy

gbu48098 likes this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:05 am

GarryB wrote:welcome Very Happy
    Doumo arigatou
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:08 pm

gbu48098 wrote:
    Doumo arigatou

As a newby you might not be aware that this is an English language site.
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:23 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    gbu48098 wrote:
    Doumo arigatou

As a newby you might not be aware that this is an English language site.

Don't let "rules" rule you....that's all there is now in daily lives. Chill brother...
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:38 pm

JohninMK wrote:welcome

But there is no need to 'like' a 'welcome post, this is an ancient site not Social Media. You should save it for posts that impress you. Anyway no-one saves or counts 'likes' here.

Dude, its just easy than writing thanks on Welcome topic....chill out brother. I guess lockdown in Englistan is getting you. Go for a drink or do something vs picking on irrelevant courtesy exchanges. If I cared for likes or some other shit, I would look for little gangs to fit in....now lets focus on something better to argue or agree.

Remove the like button on welcome thread if it offends you.....don't challenge user if you provide a feature to use. I did not expect someone to follow up on Welcome thread.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:45 am

John giving you helpful advice does not really warrant that sort of response... you can listen to him or ignore him... he is not wrong in this case.

Removing like and dislike buttons from this section is not something I plan to do any time soon.

This section is for introductions only... you introduce yourself, other members say hi to welcome you.

No need for likes or dislikes or discussion about anything but you and your reasons for being here, which is up to you as to how much you want to share.

If you don't want to share that is fine.

Requests for changes to the forum should be directed to a suitable thread.

No need to thank others for welcoming you, that is the purpose of this thread.
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:45 pm

GarryB wrote:John giving you helpful advice does not really warrant that sort of response... you can listen to him or ignore him... he is not wrong in this case.

Removing like and dislike buttons from this section is not something I plan to do any time soon.

This section is for introductions only... you introduce yourself, other members say hi to welcome you.

No need for likes or dislikes or discussion about anything but you and your reasons for being here, which is up to you as to how much you want to share.

Responding to irrelevant and unsolicited advice in equal proportion is also reasonable, he should have though before he offered it. There is nothing in your rules that says me hitting LIKE button is against the rules....what is this nonsense?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:22 pm

gbu48098 wrote:
    GarryB wrote:John giving you helpful advice does not really warrant that sort of response... you can listen to him or ignore him... he is not wrong in this case.

Responding to irrelevant and unsolicited advice in equal proportion is also reasonable, he should have though before he offered it. There is nothing in your rules that says me hitting LIKE button is against the rules....what is this nonsense?

Do you trade bitcoins by any chance? Wink
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:28 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    gbu48098 wrote:

Do you trade bitcoins by any chance? Wink
    No, I do trade options...you are the 2nd one to ask that,any reason? Just too much out of my comfort zone's speculation and a bit too late to get into it now that bankers are in....
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:47 pm

Responding to irrelevant and unsolicited advice in equal proportion is also reasonable, he should have though before he offered it.

His advice was not irrelevant, he was just informing a new member about the way things are normally done around here, which I appreciate as a mod, when members take an interest in their forum and try to assist new members.

You don't want assistance from him, that is fine, but there is no need to be rude, simply ignoring his advice and not replying would suffice.

As I mentioned these threads are for introductions, not discussions of rules or etiquette.

I assume you are here to discuss things with like minded people, in which case it is probably not the best idea to start your time here snubbing people offering advice and assistance.

You can learn to hate us after you know us better. Twisted Evil

No, I do trade options...you are the 2nd one to ask that,any reason?

We have certain repeat visitors, and amongst some recent arrivals include a bitcointrader... not the friendliest welcome, but we set our own tone don't we.

By the way I should emphasise that he is correct and that this is English speaking forum so any non English posts need to include English translations or at least English summaries.
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:11 pm

GarryB wrote:
    His advice was not irrelevant, he was just informing a new member about the way things are normally done around here, which I appreciate as a mod, when members take an interest in their forum and try to assist new members.

You don't want assistance from him, that is fine, but there is no need to be rude, simply ignoring his advice and not replying would suffice.

As I mentioned these threads are for introductions, not discussions of rules or etiquette.

I assume you are here to discuss things with like minded people, in which case it is probably not the best idea to start your time here snubbing people offering advice and assistance.

You can learn to hate us after you know us better. Twisted Evil
    I have no reason to hate someone on the internet that I have next to none probability to meet or even care for....I am here to put forward my world view based on comments. He had a follow up to his first comment and then another one and then you.

We have certain repeat visitors, and amongst some recent arrivals include a bitcointrader... not the friendliest welcome, but we set our own tone don't we.
    He did that on thread and then on the other one....you can see who is the one with agenda here....I had no idea what he was after and I gave him my natural response to trading bitcoin on this thread but then you can see what he did on the other one. I think you need to be fair not based on who has more posts. Hope you are warning them on name calling and accusing....

By the way I should emphasise that he is correct and that this is English speaking forum so any non English posts need to include English translations or at least English summaries.
    I have seen many non-english words used by "senior" members....I used two courtesy non-english words that probably most english speakers know....talk about stretching. Best you are doing is encourage sticklers that have nothign better to add but I will respect your word as a moderator and will stick to english and will make a comment if I see others breaking the rules no matter how simple.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:29 am