Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+50
miroslav
mack8
Tsavo Lion
limb
Scorpius
Podlodka77
Belisarius
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
diabetus
sepheronx
andalusia
magnumcromagnon
Krepost
walle83
Arkanghelsk
Shadåw
Bob Bollusc
George1
marcellogo
JohninMK
Isos
Finty
Gomig-21
Daniel_Admassu
hoom
franco
Hole
LMFS
mnztr
calripson
Atmosphere
lyle6
kvs
joker88
Cyberspec
TMA1
Backman
medo
flamming_python
Broski
william.boutros
Cheetah
Russian_Patriot_
owais.usmani
GarryB
ALAMO
AMCXXL
Mir
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
54 posters

Su-35S: News #2

medo
    medo

Su-35S: News #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Su-35S: News #2

Post  medo Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:34 pm

Are Egyptian SU-35 delivered to Egypt or are they still in Russia? I read, that Egipt didn't bring them because of possible US sanctions.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:40 pm

medo wrote:
    Are Egyptian SU-35 delivered to Egypt or are they still in Russia? I read, that Egipt didn't bring them because of possible US sanctions.

I never saw a picture that clearly shows them in Egypt.

One picture was shared here but it looked more like russian su-35 in Syria.

They aren't even well trained on them. Quite doubtfull story that they alredy use them in exercices.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:20 pm

see the acceleration

GarryB, hoom, Gomig-21 and Finty like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:32 pm

The story sounds like nonsense. The irbis is so powerful it would eventually burn thru any jamming attempts. I am concerned tho because there sounds like there is a growing spat between egypt and russia concerning the potential building of a dam on the blue Nile in Ethiopia. Anybody know what's going on?
    Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:12 pm

TMA1 wrote:The story sounds like nonsense. The irbis is so powerful it would eventually burn thru any jamming attempts. I am concerned tho because there sounds like there is a growing spat between egypt and russia concerning the potential building of a dam on the blue Nile in Ethiopia. Anybody know what's going on?

The dams is already built by mostly a Chinese firm. Egypt has been trying to negotiate its share of water to be unchanged as a result of the dam and all it wanted was to spread out the filling of the dam in slower and longer stages so the impact wouldn't be drastic and would be more controllable in a way that gave the rains and wet seasons a chance to replenish the water and normally cycle to where it wouldn't affect the amount of water flowing downstream. It's been trying to negotiate that for almost a decade now and Ethiopia ignores all the efforts, all the UN mandates all the European mediations etc. Now Egypt feels like it's pretty much exhausted all diplomatic efforts to reach an amicable solution and there really isn't much left except to take military action.

Suddenly there's rumors about Russia siding with Ethiopia for some strange reason which boggles the mind, really. Why would it ever take Ethiopia's side with the investments and friendship it has with Egypt. It actually just started breaking ground on the biggest and most modern nuclear power plant in Africa somewhere in northern Egypt. Not to mention all the military dealings as well as all sorts of other real estate and tourism deals etc. But Russia building the new mega nuclear reactor is the biggest of all and it just started.

So that's about as quick and compact of an explanation I can give you on the rather complex dilemma. Egypt's bloodline is the Nile and to take a single share from it is like declaring war. No way will Sisi accept that and everyone pretty much agrees that the Su-35Ss were purchased to be the main sledgehammer of any military action that Egypt would take if it ever came down to it. But Russia making an effort to prop Ethiopia has thrown Egypt for a loop, for sure.

TMA1 and Finty like this post

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:18 pm

The original source of the rumour is below. They copied the article from breaking defence and added the part with the Spectra jamming
    https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2021/07/19/su-35-fails-to-withstand-rafales-spectra-electronic-attacks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

If you read their "who we are" section, it's pretty clear what the purpose of their website is
    https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/who-we-are/

zepia and Gomig-21 like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Cyberspec wrote:The original source of the rumour is below. They copied the article from breaking defence and added the part with the Spectra jamming
    https://www.globaldefensecorp.com/2021/07/19/su-35-fails-to-withstand-rafales-spectra-electronic-attacks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

If you read their "who we are" section, it's pretty clear what the purpose of their website is
    I couldn't highlight any of the text to quote here so i took a quick screenshot.
    Su-35S: News #2 - Page 2 Yep10
    Yeah, nice unbiased source right there. lol! dunno

Big_Gazza likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:07 pm

Looks like an Ukro site

Complete with grammatical errors

Write it off boys, write it off Off Topic

Big_Gazza and Backman like this post

joker88

Post  joker88 Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:49 am

I assure you that this maneuver did not take place in the first place, and the Egyptian army does not announce the results of its maneuvers. This is the claim of the writer, and no one in the Egyptian army confirmed the information. I am an Egyptian and I know very well the way the Sukhoi 35 army thinks. The operations have not yet entered the operations until after the completion of the reception and the completion of training on it because the Su is a weapon New to the Air Force. What we want to know is whether the Sukhoi was actually delivered to Egypt and how many are there?

Mir likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:08 am

Gomig-21 wrote:
    TMA1 wrote:The story sounds like nonsense. The irbis is so powerful it would eventually burn thru any jamming attempts. I am concerned tho because there sounds like there is a growing spat between egypt and russia concerning the potential building of a dam on the blue Nile in Ethiopia. Anybody know what's going on?

The dams is already built by mostly a Chinese firm.  Egypt has been trying to negotiate its share of water to be unchanged as a result of the dam and all it wanted was to spread out the filling of the dam in slower and longer stages so the impact wouldn't be drastic and would be more controllable in a way that gave the rains and wet seasons a chance to replenish the water and normally cycle to where it wouldn't affect the amount of water flowing downstream.  It's been trying to negotiate that for almost a decade now and Ethiopia ignores all the efforts, all the UN mandates all the European mediations etc.  Now Egypt feels like it's pretty much exhausted all diplomatic efforts to reach an amicable solution and there really isn't much left except to take military action.

Suddenly there's rumors about Russia siding with Ethiopia for some strange reason which boggles the mind, really.  Why would it ever take Ethiopia's side with the investments and friendship it has with Egypt.  It actually just started breaking ground on the biggest and most modern nuclear power plant in Africa somewhere in northern Egypt.  Not to mention all the military dealings as well as all sorts of other real estate and tourism deals etc.  But Russia building the new mega nuclear reactor is the biggest of all and it just started.  

So that's about as quick and compact of an explanation I can give you on the rather complex dilemma.  Egypt's bloodline is the Nile and to take a single share from it is like declaring war.  No way will Sisi accept that and everyone pretty much agrees that the Su-35Ss were purchased to be the main sledgehammer of any military action that Egypt would take if it ever came down to it.  But Russia making an effort to prop Ethiopia has thrown Egypt for a loop, for sure.

Totally agree bro for another nation to essentially control your water supply and not try and work with you in my eyes would be just cause for military action. Why is Russia doing this? To side with the chicoms?

Gomig-21 likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:11 am

Cyberspec wrote:The original source of the rumour is below. They copied the article from breaking defence and added the part with the Spectra jamming

Haha its globaldefensecorp? It is completely false then. They are one of the most comically anti russian defense sites on the net.

No I don't think its Ukrainians behind this but some western NGO or something. Could be wrong.

Edit: had to add extra thought

Cyberspec likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:41 am

Russians have way more choice on their ballots than Americans. These condescending western propaganda sources treat Russians
    like retards who vote for whom they are told. Supposedly not voting for Navalny proves that Russia is a totalitarian dystopia. Because
    only NATzO selected candidates are acceptable. "Democracy" means kissing the ass of some NATzO installed viceroy.

Big_Gazza, slasher, gc3762, Mir and Broski like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:17 am

Broski wrote:
    Yeah, nice unbiased source right there.  lol! dunno
    I don't understand. Are they blasting Putin or hyping him up? Which is it?
    TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:29 am

lyle6 wrote:
    Broski wrote:

They are saying he is an illegitimate autocrat that destroyed 90s russian "democracy" thru jerry rigging the political and judicial systems. I've seen this kind of crap from NGO mouthpieces before.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Mir and Broski like this post

Atmosphere
    Atmosphere

Post  Atmosphere Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:18 am

Even the name is wrong, using BAR instead of BARS
    calripson

Su-35S: News #2 - Page 2 Empty 1990's Russian Democracy?

Post  calripson Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:08 pm

TMA1 wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    Broski wrote:

They are saying he is an illegitimate autocrat that destroyed 90s russian "democracy" thru jerry rigging the political and judicial systems. I've seen this kind of crap from NGO mouthpieces before.

I doubt Berezovsky, Khodorkovsky, Potanin, Vinagradov, Friedman, Aven, and Smolensky constitute a democratic majority (but they are close to a minyan).
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:18 pm

TMA1 wrote:
    Totally agree bro for another nation to essentially control your water supply and not try and work with you in my eyes would be just cause for military action. Why is Russia doing this? To side with the chicoms?

I think the message from Russia is, don't take Russia for granted. Russia supported EGYPT for a long time, then Egypt dumped them.

GarryB likes this post

AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:51 pm

Atmosphere wrote:Even the name is wrong, using BAR instead of BARS

this makes clear the low intellectual level of the "source", Su-35 have Irbis
    TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:49 pm

AMCXXL wrote:

Yup. And french electronics are top notch and the Rafale is an amazing fighter which is essentially fifth gen in my opinion. That said, the irbis is so friggin powerful it would eventually burn through even the best ew attacks. I don't think people can fathom the might of the irbis e. Its peak power output is mind blowing and is only bested by the latest zaslon updates of the mig 31bm.

Rasisuki Nebia likes this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:01 am

TMA1 wrote:
    AMCXXL wrote:

Yup. And french electronics are top notch and the Rafale is an amazing fighter which is essentially fifth gen in my opinion. That said, the irbis is so friggin powerful it would eventually burn through even the best ew attacks. I don't think people can fathom the might of the irbis e. Its peak power output is mind blowing and is only bested by the latest zaslon updates of the mig 31bm.

They are powerful, and what is missed by all the ASEA fanbois out there is that current AESA tech does not allow this kind of power output. And the hybrid PESA arrangement of the SU-35 does not give up much, if anything, to ASEA.

GarryB, TMA1 and Rasisuki Nebia like this post

joker88

Post  joker88 Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:14 am

Su-35S: News #2 - Page 2 FB-IMG-1627729567938

medo, Gomig-21, LMFS and joker88 like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:52 am

joker88 wrote:Su-35S: News #2 - Page 2 FB-IMG-1627729567938

Those are ready to be delivered to Egypt?
    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:01 am

Su-35S plane crashed in the Sea of Okhotsk after engine failure. 

The Su-35S plane crashed into the Sea of Okhotsk in the Khabarovsk Territory as a result of engine failure during a training flight, the pilot ejected and survived. This was reported in the press service of the Eastern Military District.

"On July 31, 2021, an engine failure occurred on a Su-35S aircraft in the Khabarovsk Territory while performing scheduled training flights. The pilot ejected, was quickly found by the search team and taken to the home airfield. There is no threat to the pilot's health" – the report says.

The press service noted that according to preliminary data, the plane crashed in the Sea of Okhotsk.

"The investigation of the incident is conducted by the commission of the Eastern Military District" – the VVO stressed.

Source: 

Last edited by Russian_Patriot_ on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

LMFS likes this post

joker88

Post  joker88 Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:12 am

Gomig-21 wrote:
    joker88 wrote:Su-35S: News #2 - Page 2 FB-IMG-1627729567938

Those are ready to be delivered to Egypt?
    I think it will be very soon

Gomig-21 likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:45 am

Russian_Patriot_ wrote:The Su-35S plane crashed into the Sea of Okhotsk in the Khabarovsk Territory as a result of engine failure during a training flight, the pilot ejected and survived. This was reported in the press service of the Eastern Military District.

This is the reality in many crashes of twin engine planes, the apparent redundancy frequently does not avoid the complications an engine failure implies.

Good that the pilot is ok, this should be among the first losses of that type of aircraft.

Cyberspec, kvs, Backman, Russian_Patriot_ and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:23 pm