Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
andalusia
Karl Haushofer
11E
George1
gbu48098
Isos
thedrunkengeneral
wilhelm
zorobabel
elconquistador
bitcointrader70
Nomad5891
MiddleKingdomer
bren_tann
mnztr
DerWolf
calripson
Azi
Arrow
SeigSoloyvov
owais.usmani
flamming_python
Hannibal Barca
Maximmmm
mavaff
Yugo90
The_Observer
ATLASCUB
Rasisuki Nebia
Boshoed
auslander
par far
nero
AlfaT8
GarryB
lancelot
Vann7
Finty
franco
PapaDragon
Rodion_Romanovic
Backman
miketheterrible
LMFS
littlerabbit
medo
Hole
lyle6
VARGR198
kvs
JohninMK
magnumcromagnon
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:52 pm

gbu48098 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:We are also tired of bullshit news from the west.

You don't get your news from an enemy country whom was already caught lying about you day after day.

Shall I post about how it was found out that BBC and the rest are funded by British intelligence to make up stories about Russia?

No. And I won't read or post anything from BBC or Reuters about Russia. Because we know they openly lie about the country.

RT and Sputnik are just trash regurgitating the 2 cent celebreties, vat videos and what happens in America or west fanatically. There is nothing remarkable about their contributors that can articulate, once in a while they do write one. Only good thing there is not much ad crap. Lay your own road and walk your own path....no need to imitate poor examples of west.

Never said a thing about rt or Sputnik. Also, I have shared my disdain for RT and Sputnik multiple of times here.  I'm talking about posting shit from crap sources like BBC, CNN or the like.  Grayzone, stalkerzone, etc are just fine.  These are independent sites.  Usually big MSM is trash tier.  Only big MSM I find less trash is TASS only because they are bare basic - "this is what had happened or potentially happened, investigation ongoing" and that's it. As basic as it gets.  Ria.ru is semi decent.  As for US based media, SOTT.net is good. Outside of that, the rest is a general leveled tiers of shit where they rely on same as RT English - big breasted woman in skimpy clothing articles and bait articles.

Independent journalism is near dead. Jimmy Dore pointed this out multiple times. It's all about who pays you, not what you report. People like Aaron Matei are a rare breed.

kvs and Finty like this post

gbu48098

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  gbu48098 Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:02 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    gbu48098 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:We are also tired of bullshit news from the west.

You don't get your news from an enemy country whom was already caught lying about you day after day.

Shall I post about how it was found out that BBC and the rest are funded by British intelligence to make up stories about Russia?

No. And I won't read or post anything from BBC or Reuters about Russia. Because we know they openly lie about the country.

RT and Sputnik are just trash regurgitating the 2 cent celebreties, vat videos and what happens in America or west fanatically. There is nothing remarkable about their contributors that can articulate, once in a while they do write one. Only good thing there is not much ad crap. Lay your own road and walk your own path....no need to imitate poor examples of west.

Never said a thing about rt or Sputnik. Also, I have shared my disdain for RT and Sputnik multiple of times here.  I'm talking about posting shit from crap sources like BBC, CNN or the like.  Grayzone, stalkerzone, etc are just fine.  These are independent sites.  Usually big MSM is trash tier.  Only big MSM I find less trash is TASS only because they are bare basic - "this is what had happened or potentially happened, investigation ongoing" and that's it. As basic as it gets.  Ria.ru is semi decent.  As for US based media, SOTT.net is good. Outside of that, the rest is a general leveled tiers of shit where they rely on same as RT English - big breasted woman in skimpy clothing articles and bait articles.

Independent journalism is near dead. Jimmy Dore pointed this out multiple times.  It's all about who pays you, not what you report.  People like Aaron Matei are a rare breed.
    Yes you did not do that, I was just contrasting that bs is not just from western media but pretty much all news media and broader journalism more so that it is an exception to see quality objective ones that live in the field to understand and write about something.

Finty likes this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:20 pm

[quote="Finty") It's an example of what we would call 'willy-waving' that won't really achieve much. Only logical solution is to get the parties to the negotiating table and look into some internally-recognised measures of recognition for Donbas/ Luhansk and even Crimea being part of RF for that matter. Good luck to anyone after that tho.[/quote]

Krimea and Federal City of Sevastopol have been part of Rossiya since roughly 1783. When Krushchov did his illegal, against SSSR law, 'gift' to orcland, he gave the ADMINISTRATION, not the Autonomous Republik of Krimea itself, to Orc SSR. Sevastopol was nowhere mentioned in the official document that Politboro rubber stamped (I've read them), not even Krushchov dared to intercourse with Sevastopol. In all the years since SSSR defacto ceased to exist there were constant altercations between the orcs and Sevastopol locals. The orcs won nary a one. When on night of 20 February '14 we learned that our Berkut and Militsiya were fighting their way home from Kiev and bringing Simferopol units and our own wounded and dead with them, the gloves came off and the orcs suddenly made themselves invisible for the most part after getting their nostrils braided once or twice in the gloom of night.

Some of you long time members know that I write and if Garry is willing, I will post a link to my site and for those who express a genuine desire to read some of them, I'll give copies away individually. My novel will not be a part of the giveaway except to Gary, Papadragon and a couple others who've been here forever. Two of the books, 'Incident' and 'Defense' (not the full name of the two books) will give an idea of what either happened here or what the locals and not so locals was brewing.

LMFS and Finty like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:21 pm

So instead of countering something I didn't say, try to be a bit smart and actually try to learn the difference between what should and shouldn't be shared. If it's shit, leave it alone and don't waste our time or bandwidth.

Ain't fucking rocket science. Well, it is for some folks here.

magnumcromagnon and auslander like this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:29 pm

miketheterrible wrote:So instead of countering something I didn't say, try to be a bit smart and actually try to learn the difference between what should and shouldn't be shared. If it's shit, leave it alone and don't waste our time or bandwidth.

Ain't fucking rocket science.  Well, it is for some folks here.

this is what you said and I contrasted to that unless RT and Sputnik are also west....so relax

We are also tired of bullshit news from the west.

Edit: Highlited the word contrasted vs countered since its complicated than rocket science

Finty likes this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:40 pm

auslander wrote:

Krimea and Federal City of Sevastopol have been part of Rossiya since roughly 1783. When Krushchov did his illegal, against SSSR law, 'gift' to orcland, he gave the ADMINISTRATION, not the Autonomous Republik of Krimea itself, to Orc SSR. Sevastopol was nowhere mentioned in the official document that Politboro rubber stamped (I've read them), not even Krushchov dared to intercourse with Sevastopol. In all the years since SSSR defacto ceased to exist there were constant altercations between the orcs and Sevastopol locals. The orcs won nary a one. When on night of 20 February '14 we learned that our Berkut and Militsiya were fighting their way home from Kiev and bringing Simferopol units and our own wounded and dead with them, the gloves came off and the orcs suddenly made themselves invisible for the most part after getting their nostrils braided once or twice in the gloom of night.

I'll have to read more into the legality of Khrushchev's decision but interesting to note that Sevastopol wasn't included. In the mean time, I suppose you have a somewhat dim view of the 1997 Russian–Ukrainian Friendship Treaty due to its recognition of the borders at the time?
    Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:46 pm

miketheterrible wrote: try to be a bit smart and actually try to learn the difference between what should and shouldn't be shared. If it's shit, leave it alone and don't waste our time or bandwidth.

You're walking a fine line there. The current policy's fine, i.e share stuff from a variety of sources whether they agree with it or not and let people make up their own minds. After all, opinions are like arseholes- everyone has one. Just because you don't like reading stuff doesn't mean others won't.

Anyway I may be digressing here, probably time for another war update?

gbu48098 likes this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Finty wrote:I'll have to read more into the legality of Khrushchev's decision but interesting to note that Sevastopol wasn't included. In the mean time, I suppose you have a somewhat dim view of the 1997 Russian–Ukrainian Friendship Treaty due to its recognition of the borders at the time?

Any treaties involving either of the two entities on this island, the locals were not allowed to vote on them and going right back to Krushchov's little 'gift' are illegal whether the acts were orc or Rossiya in whatever shape or form Mat Rossiya was in at that time. Why do you think VVP insisted on both Federal City of Sevastopol and Autonomous Republik of Krimea having organized and proper by international and interior law votes on joining Russian Federation? Because it's law in both countries, those affected by administrative changes of major impact must vote first and if the populace agree, only then can the laws be changed or modified. Sevastopol being one of three federal cities in Russia, the other two are St. Petersburg and Moskau, the city is administered by Rossiya State administration. It was only a little more than a year ago that for the first time in history the governor of Sevastopol was elected by the citizens, always before, since 1783, the governor was appointed by Russia, not the locals.

PapaDragon, JohninMK, LMFS and Finty like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:18 pm

auslander wrote:
    Finty wrote:It's an example of what we would call 'willy-waving' that won't really achieve much. Only logical solution is to get the parties to the negotiating table and look into some internally-recognised measures of recognition for Donbas/ Luhansk and even Crimea being part of RF for that matter. Good luck to anyone after that tho.

Some of you long time members know that I write and if Garry is willing, I will post a link to my site and for those who express a genuine desire to read some of them, I'll give copies away individually. My novel will not be a part of the giveaway except to Gary, Papadragon and a couple others who've been here forever. Two of the books, 'Incident' and 'Defense' (not the full name of the two books) will give an idea of what either happened here or what the locals and not so locals was brewing.
    If possible I would be quite interested of reading some of it!

By the way, are your novels instead works of fiction inspired to the real facts (with similar happenings, but fictional characters)?
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:37 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:

By the way, are your novels instead works of fiction inspired to the real facts (with similar happenings, but fictional characters)?

Incident On Simonka and Sevastopol, The 3rd Defense, yes, fictional based on truth. To be honest, more than one reviewer has said I write truth disguised as fiction. PM me and I'll arrange to send you copies of both. The novel, Never The Last One, is 662 pages and while detailed is also quite involved with characters and plots appearing, then disappearing for a chapter or three, then appearing again and neatly folded in to the story. I recommend starting at Page 1 on that tome and reading end to end, to skip around hither and yon will only confuse you.

PapaDragon likes this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:56 pm

EuropeUkraine leader signs law to call up reservists for military service A bunch of elderly men and children I'm sure as everyone else has already left the country.

Finty likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm

A discussion of Khruschev's BS without any reference to the 1990 referendum in Crimea is a total waste of time.
    The Ukrainian SSR Rada officially recognized the restoration of Crimea's autonomy with the referendum. So the
    post-Soviet state of Ukraine in legal terms annexed Crimea which was then recognized by NATzO and other fluffers.
    People think that recognition of states and borders carries legal weight. The only weight it carries is might makes right
    and Russia's might is the final word on Crimea.

PapaDragon, elconquistador, LMFS and Yugo90 like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm

VARGR198 wrote:EuropeUkraine leader signs law to call up reservists for military service A bunch of elderly men and children I'm sure as everyone else has already left the country.

Throwing more meat at Russian and NR forces is not going to give Kiev a win.

VARGR198 and Yugo90 like this post

Yugo90

Post  Yugo90 Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:20 pm

kvs wrote:A discussion of Khruschev's BS without any reference to the 1990 referendum in Crimea is a total waste of time.
    The Ukrainian SSR Rada officially recognized the restoration of Crimea's autonomy with the referendum.   So the
    post-Soviet state of Ukraine in legal terms annexed Crimea which was then recognized by NATzO and other fluffers.
    People think that recognition of states and borders carries legal weight.   The only weight it carries is might makes right

very true. If Russia would be weak they would loose crimea loong time agoo..and it doesnt even matter what Usa says. Everybody saw their double standards....kosovo is just one example. The only sad thing here are dead civilians...
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:36 pm

kvs wrote:A discussion of Khruschev's BS without any reference to the 1990 referendum in Crimea is a total waste of time.
    The Ukrainian SSR Rada officially recognized the restoration of Crimea's autonomy with the referendum.   So the
    People think that recognition of states and borders carries legal weight.   The only weight it carries is might makes right

An official number count of the vote in Sevastopol was never given, Kravchuk simply announced that 'Sevastopol decided to stay with Ukraine' although the populace vehemently disputed this fact. Of interest is a few days after the Naxhimov Square Meeting of 23 February '14, a small fire was reported behind the ZAGS admin building a block off Hero of Sevastopol Street on southside. On arrival, various locals found some orcs busily burning the ballots from that referendum, said ballots being stored in a locked office in the ZAGS complex. In the end they had managed to burn just enough so no meaningful count of the vote could be made. It was a bit of a sad day for the orcs, though, they got roughed up pretty good.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:39 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Finty wrote:It's an example of what we would call 'willy-waving' that won't really achieve much. Only logical solution is to get the parties to the negotiating table and look into some internally-recognised measures of recognition for Donbas/ Luhansk and even Crimea being part of RF for that matter. Good luck to anyone after that tho.

I have read two of them and they are quite good. Not sure how many he has written however know he had changed publishers and wouldn't mind seeing a list and link myself.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:10 pm

Finty wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote: try to be a bit smart and actually try to learn the difference between what should and shouldn't be shared. If it's shit, leave it alone and don't waste our time or bandwidth.

You're walking a fine line there. The current policy's fine, i.e share stuff from a variety of sources whether they agree with it or not and let people make up their own minds. After all, opinions are like arseholes- everyone has one. Just because you don't like reading stuff doesn't mean others won't.

Anyway I may be digressing here, probably time for another war update?

I think the general consensus is against you and your alternate account buddy.  I also think Papadragon called it out as well. Or maybe I have you wrong.

In either case, you will end up as Tsavo and Vann, heavily ignored, if one quotes too much of Goebbels...I mean western news.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:14 pm

gbu48098 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:So instead of countering something I didn't say, try to be a bit smart and actually try to learn the difference between what should and shouldn't be shared. If it's shit, leave it alone and don't waste our time or bandwidth.

this is what you said and I contrasted to that unless RT and Sputnik are also west....so relax

Edit: Highlited the word contrasted vs countered since its complicated than rocket science

Nah, you just don't seem to understand. At least RT and Sputnik is far more tolerable than known lie machines that is BBC and Reuters as example. Also, a lot less militaristic as well. So comparison of the west vs East media, the west takes the cake for abysmal reporting regardless how you feel.

kvs likes this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:36 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    gbu48098 wrote:

Nah, you just don't seem to understand. At least RT and Sputnik is far more tolerable than known lie machines that is BBC and Reuters as example.  Also, a lot less militaristic as well.  So comparison of the west vs East media, the west takes the cake for abysmal reporting regardless how you feel.
    I don't need a nanny to rationalize my understanding of what is propaganda and what is not.....and I can filter out junk. Its already suffocating to be told how to live these days. I am fiercely individualistic and adult and need no special care or be told, I can make educated decisions on my own. I do not like censorship of any kind...if someone is spamming then by all means restrict. But otherwise idiots also have right to life as hard as it is to accept. I am not the moderator, so do whatever censor or not censor....really would not matter to me.

Finty likes this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:20 pm

miketheterrible wrote:I think the general consensus is against you and your alternate account buddy.  I also think Papadragon called it out as well.  Or maybe I have you wrong.

You are wrong. Feel free to think I'm lying but I've only got one account and Gary can check to see that's the case if you still don't believe me.

In either case, you will end up as Tsavo and Vann, heavily ignored, if one quotes too much of Goebbels...I mean western news.

That's your prerogative, I don't really care. Every discussion should have a devil's advocate to make people think. I should however make clear that I don't always support what the press here says, much of it is garbage especially at local level but it's still worth sharing what your 'enemies' are saying, even if you think you are bombarded with it.

gbu48098 likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:52 pm

gbu48098 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

You should be focusing on that couple of longtime trolls who's IP addresses you said you can see no problem instead of giving lectures to noobs
    Please name....I may be losing sleep thinking you are aiming at me Cool

You’re re not longtime, junior

Garry knows who those two are especially one with a new account every couple of months

miketheterrible, Finty and gbu48098 like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:31 pm

Back on topic. Interesting take, even if in jest.

-- GEROMAN -- I fell in love with #NATO -
    @GeromanAT
    ·
    4h
    So the bluff by Zelinsky to send 30k troops to the Donbass lines 5 weeks ago to provoke a Russian answer paid off - US taxpayer will pay for that shit - congrats.

Joyce Karam
    @Joyce_Karam
    · 4h
    BREAKING: US Senate Committee Unanimously Approved bill to Increase Military Aid to #Ukraine as #Russia gathers troops.

SFRC passed bill authorizing $300 million in aid/year to Ukraine

The US Senate Foreign Relations Committee unanimously voted on Wednesday to authorise up to $300 million of annual military aid to Ukraine, including lethal assistance, as Washington looks to ratchet up pressure on Russia.

The committee passed the Ukraine Security Partnership Act sponsored by a bipartisan group of senators including Democrat Bob Menendez and Republican Jim Risch.
    Read More

William Burns, director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), attends a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing. Washington Examiner/BloombergCIA says Russia’s military build-up now enough to launch incursions into Ukraine

The bill authorises up to $300m per year of foreign military financing to Ukraine, subject to certifications, including the authority to provide it with lethal military assistance and $4m per year to train its military officers.

Mr Menendez said he spoke with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba before the vote. The two discussed “the massive Russian troop build-up along the eastern border and aggression in the Black Sea and Sea of Azov”.

The bill requires a report on US diplomatic support for Ukraine over the next five years, and another from the Department of Defence and State Department on the capability and capacity requirements of Ukraine’s armed forces, as well as a plan to supply US security assistance to Ukraine.

It also calls to rapidly send excess hardware to Ukraine, and to encourage partner nations to do the same.

Since 2014 when Russia annexed Crimea, the US has provided more than $1.5 billion in security aid. Last month, the Pentagon announced $125m in aid for Ukraine.

The bill now is on its way to the Senate floor for a full vote.

President Joe Biden's administration recently rolled out sanctions against Russia for its military threat to Ukraine and annexation of Crimea. In the last month, Moscow has amassed more than 100,000 troops along Ukraine's border, according to EU estimates, increasing fears of a possible incursion into the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine.

On Wednesday, Politico reported the White House is weighing requests from the Ukrainian government to send it heavier weaponry, including the possible deployment of Patriot missiles as a means to deter Russia.

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee also moved forward on Wednesday the nomination of Victoria Nuland for the position of undersecretary of state for political affairs.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/the-americas/us-congressional-committee-passes-bill-to-boost-military-support-for-ukraine-1.1208419

Yugo90 and Finty like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:45 am

The US clown-chimps can approve unicorns and rainbow farts. The Ukr regime forces are rotten and throwing some toys at them is not going
    to give them the ethnic cleansing victory they crave. Nope, Amerislimes are going to have to do the fighting for the Kiev regime and
    that ain't gonna happen.

miketheterrible and Yugo90 like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:28 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    If possible I would be quite interested of reading some of it! By the way, are your novels instead works of fiction inspired to the real facts (with similar happenings, but fictional characters)?

I'm getting old and I forgot, on forum already, go here for contact info. https://www.russiadefence.net/t4182p50-never-the-last-one-a-novel-of-spetznaz#276949

GarryB and Rodion_Romanovic like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:37 pm

Yes you did not do that, I was just contrasting that bs is not just from western media but pretty much all news media and broader journalism more so that it is an exception to see quality objective ones that live in the field to understand and write about something.

RT and Sputnik are aimed at a western audience so of course it is going to look like much the same shit the western media is pumping out... you will, however, notice less spin and different angles on most topics that western media seem to ignore which makes it amusing.

I find they spend too much time talking about the west and America in particular for my tastes...

Some of you long time members know that I write and if Garry is willing, I will post a link to my site and for those who express a genuine desire to read some of them, I'll give copies away individually.

Permission granted.... no question about that.... this site is about english speaking people learning the truth about the Russian Federation, and there is very little truth available in the western media about your little part of the Russian Federation these days.

In the mean time, I suppose you have a somewhat dim view of the 1997 Russian–Ukrainian Friendship Treaty due to its recognition of the borders at the time?

Yeltsin signed anything put in front of him without thinking very much at all.

Russia was in no position to seize the Crimea, and wouldn't even if given the chance... you don't try to kill to take what you really love.... you give it the choice and let it come to you... serious risk, but when they stay you know they mean it.

The only weight it carries is might makes right

UN decision on stateship seemed to decide that it was the people that lived on the land in question that would decide who was in charge...

Back on topic. Interesting take, even if in jest.

Well, it might be the Ukraine trying to be relevant and squeasing money from the Yanks.... corruption doesn't just go one way of course... but the milk of a few hundred million dollars a year will be bitter if something starts and they find themselves on the receiving end of what Russia can do now that it was quite incapable of doing in 2008 to Georgia.

Their C4IR has dramatically improved along with their standoff weapons and the quality of their training and equipment...

lancelot likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:56 am