Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+24
Belisarius
ArgentinaGuard
Isos
George1
Airbornewolf
GarryB
kvs
lancelot
Eugenio Argentina
Hole
starman
lyle6
ahmedfire
Rasisuki Nebia
PapaDragon
JohninMK
SolidarityWithRussia
Kiko
Sujoy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
jhelb
higurashihougi
nomadski
Hannibal Barca
28 posters

2023 Israel–Hamas war #3

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

2023 Israel–Hamas war #3 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2023 Israel–Hamas war #3

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:39 am

It seems that those tanks have a poor view of the outside. There are already several images where we see how Hamas guerrillas approach them, without being detected.

Cool
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:22 am

At least 24 rockets/missiles were fired at 2 American bases in eastern Syria, by the Iraqi resistance. This is rather a large amount compared to previous operations since the war.

The intensity of attacks have picked up pace.

Hole likes this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

⚡Hezbollah published a new video showing the targeting of israeli soldiers in the Adather forest.

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3684
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

BIG SUMMARY of all resistance operations today, December 30, against US-israeli forces:

🇵🇸 Al-Qassam Brigades:

🔻Destroyed a fully seated armored personnel carrier (APC) north of Al-Bureij camp with a Yassin-105.

🔻Detonated an explosive device (Shouaz) targeting a Merkava tank, north of Al-Bureij camp.

🔻(Partially) destroyed 15 Merkava tanks & 2 APCs in different combat zones in the Strip.

🔻Engaged with a special IOF forces in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood, in Gaza City, resulting in over 20 soldiers killed or injured.

🔻Shelled israeli soldiers & their military vehicles, in Khan Yunis, with mortars.

🔻Detonated an explosive device on a building where Zionist soldiers were fortified, causing casualties, in Khan Yunis.

🔻Targeted a fortified IOF infantry force in a building, in Sheikh Ajleen, with a TBG.

🔻Sniped a Zionist soldier in Sheikh Ajleen, using a heavy caliber M99 sniper rifle.

🔻Shelled IOF soldiers & vehicles, east of Rafah, with heavy caliber mortars.

🔻Targeted 2 military jeeps with explosive devices & engaged with the soldiers using machine guns, resulting in casualties in, Sheikh Ajleen area.

🔻Shelled military concentrations, east of Khuza'a, with mortars.

🔻Ambushed an infantry force inside a building in Tuffah & Al-Daraj neighborhoods, causing casualties.

🇵🇸 Al-Quds Brigades:

🔻(Partially) destroyed a personnel carrier (APC) & 2 Merkava tanks in Al-Tuffah and Al-Daraj axes in Gaza City.

🔻Shelled military gatherings in Bani Suhaila area, east of Khan Yunis, with 60mm mortars.

🔻Targeted a military vehicle with an explosive device, destroying it completely in Al-Bureij refugee camp.

🔻Shelled military concentrations around Street 5 in Khan Yunis with 60mm mortars.

🔻Shelled military formations, east of Rafah, with 60mm mortars.

🔻Shelled military formations in Absan area, east of Khan Yunis, with 60mm mortars.

🔻Shelled military concentrations, south of Deir Al-Balah, with 60mm mortars.

🇵🇸 Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades:

🔻Targeted military vehicles with RPGs, in the center of Khan Yunis.

🔻Targeted a personnel carrier (APC), east of Al-Bureij camp, with a Tandem rockets.

🇵🇸 Martyr Omar Al-Qassem forces:

🔻Clashed in the central axis of Khan Younis, detonating an explosive device against the IOF forces, inflicting deaths and injuries.

🔻Shelled with several mortars, a gathering of military vehicles, east of Khuza’a, hitting them directly.

🇵🇸 Nasser Salah Al-Din Brigades:

🔻Targeted a Merkava tank with a Tandem rocket in Khan Yunis, causing a direct hit.

🇵🇸 Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades:

🔻Targeted a military D9-bulldozer & a Merkava tank with Tandem and RPGs, in the axes of Khan Younis and Al-Tuffah.

🔻Shelled IOF soldiers, east of Khuza'a, with 120mm caliber mortars.

— 🟡 Hezbollah:

🔻Targeted israeli soldiers in Adather forest, with appropriate weapons, resulting in a direct hit and confirmed casualties.

🔻Launched suicide drones attacking the Ramtha site, achieving precise hits.

🔻Targeted military concentrations near Rameem barracks with appropriate weapons, causing direct hits.

🔻Targeted israeli soldiers in Beit Helem base, with appropriate weapons, causing confirmed injuries.

🇮🇶 Islamic Resistance in Iraq:

🔻Attacked the Harir base in Erbil, northern Iraq, with suicide drones.

This list did not include rockets fired from Gaza towards settlements.

@FotrosResistance

starman and Hole like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:23 am

The israeli army admits to the elimination of 2 officers in the Gaza Strip:

🔻Sgt. Maj. (res.) Eliraz Gabai, 37, of the Yiftah Brigade's 7810th Battalion.

🔻Sgt. First Class (res.) Liav Seada, 23, of the Combat Engineering Corps' 7107th Battalion.

Gabai was killed yesterday in central Gaza, while Seada was killed today in the Strip's north.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:36 pm

It seems that those tanks have a poor view of the outside. There are already several images where we see how Hamas guerrillas approach them, without being detected.
    Usually you use infantry for that, but they are to affraid to deploy soldiers outside armored vehicles.

GarryB, ahmedfire, Eugenio Argentina and Belisarius like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:03 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:Absolutely incredible how Hamas can teleport itself within a few seconds next to their tanks with an mine and get away with it.

Some serious steel balls.

Hamas battles with Israeli vehicles at Khan-Junis, Gaza

I think the Israelis will end up putting Zimmerit in their tanks Laughing Laughing

GarryB and ahmedfire like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:19 am

Tanks have always had a poor view of their surroundings because to start with a view was a gap in the armour so you wanted to minimise the viewing slits or ports to protect the crew from enemy fire and spall.

Interestingly a tank like T-14 was never considered before because of situational awareness, they often had a ring of observation ports around the commanders hatch but even that was often not enough so in actual combat they used to stick their heads out of the turret hatch to see what is going on. With the T-14 with all the crew in the hull that is simply not possible so they will have cameras all over the place and hopefully computing power to stitch the exterior views together in a continuous VR view of the world outside the tank. They are doing the same thing for helicopters too, so you can see the outside world through your vehicle in real time... it is quite a development.

Of course just being able to see a guy run up and place a bomb on the rear deck of your tank just means you have more time to say your last words most of the time because you wont have time to order the driver or gunner to do anything worthwhile before boom.

Interestingly one of the features of the ARENA APS system was that it could be fired manually so you might be able to hit the enemy soldier with fragments on his way in or way out, which might make them less keen to do that. The best solution is to have soldiers operating with the tank who can shoot such a guy before he places the bomb, but in a built up area there are so many places he can come from.

And even if you could stop them they could start using roadside mine type bombs positioned all over the place and when a tank draws up beside one it gets set off.

ahmedfire, starman and Eugenio Argentina like this post

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:31 am

Airbornewolf wrote:Absolutely incredible how Hamas can teleport itself within a few seconds next to their tanks with an mine and get away with it.

Some serious steel balls.

Hamas battles with Israeli vehicles at Khan-Junis, Gaza

High quality delivery service Smile

Airbornewolf and Eugenio Argentina like this post

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:43 am

Total chaos in Israel right now.
    Summary of Netanyahu going out alone under pressure and Tel Aviv demonstrating in the street minutes ago.
    Q1:
    Defense Minister Gallant, who has disagreements with you and did not attend tonight, said that there is no intention to enter the Philadelphia Axis. Do you agree?
    - My opinion is that we should have it
    Q2/
    Defense Minister Gantz also has disagreements with you and will not attend tonight. He is clashing with Minister Ben Gvir. Do you agree with this opinion?
    - My opinion is that the commissioner is the one who started in the first place and she is the one who attacked Ben Gvir!
    Q3:
    Naftali Bennett told everyone about the strike against Iran. Do you agree?
    - In my opinion, it is a lack of responsibility!!
    Q4:
    Resignation?
    My goal is to eliminate Hamas and only history will judge me for what I have and what I am against.
    Q5:
    Prime Minister, don't you see that all the allies disagree with you? How do you explain the situation to the families of the hostages?
    - There is movement, but I do not want to give high hopes.
    Q6:
    Disagreements with the head of Mossad?
    - I did not prevent him from meeting anyone. You ask and I will answer
    Q7:
    Disagreements with the Chief of Staff? What do you think of what Halutz said?
    - In my opinion, you have taken steps. I went last week to visit the injured and the families of some of the victims, and I spoke with Eisenkot
    ((As soon as the conference ended, Ben Gvir now began clashing with Gantz again))
    It is clear that Netanyahu adopts the views of Smotrich and Gvir because he expects Gantz to withdraw from the war council at any moment, despite Gantz’s same actions two days ago.
    ((It seems that Netanyahu used makeup on his face tonight and he appears very tired and stressed))
    A comparison between his appearance now and his appearance a week ago.

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:57 am

Sitting upside is not allowed .

2023 Israel–Hamas war #3 - Page 26 Untitl10

Airbornewolf and Eugenio Argentina like this post

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:57 am

Airbornewolf, Hole and Rasisuki Nebia like this post

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:04 am

Captured Skylark-2

2023 Israel–Hamas war #3 - Page 26 Captur11

Airbornewolf, Eugenio Argentina and Hole like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:52 am

⚡Hezbollah published a new video showing the targeting of the garrison unit of the Al-Ramtha IOF site, in the occupied Shebaa Farms, with a suicide drone.

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3704

ahmedfire and Hole like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:54 am

Al-Qassam Brigades (Hamas) published an informative video showcasing all the (revealed) rockets under control of the al-Qassam.

It features rockets from the Qassam(Q)-family, Makadmeh(M)-family, Ayyash-250 etc.

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3717

Cool

ahmedfire and starman like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:55 am

⚡Speech by Abu Osama, leader of the Mujahideen Brigades, the military wing of the Palestinian Mujahideen Movement:

The Mujahideen Brigades, through special operations in various combat zones, seized diverse weapons from the Zionists. Obtained weapons include a medium weapon of the MAG-type & a M-16 rifle, along with ammunition boxes, LAW anti-tank rockets.

They also converted unexploded enemy shells into lethal improvised explosive devices (IED).

Full transcript of the speech in english: HERE (https://x.com/aryjeay/status/1741525573501915628?s=46&t=P1DQrEyGxQ0X-IFfq7mhEw)

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3719

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:56 am

⚡Al-Quds Brigades published a video showing scenes showing mortar launches crushing military vehicles of the Zionists.

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3722
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:59 am

The Mujahideen Brigades published a video showing their forces target a Zionist gunboat in the sea west of Gaza City with a Sa’ir missile.

Video shows a scene of explosion, so it’s presumably a successful hit.

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3735

Cool

starman likes this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:00 am

CCTV footage shows Hamas’ rocket barrages from the Gaza Strip at Tel Aviv 🎊

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3739

Hole likes this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:03 am

Yahya Sinwar’s newyear message:

"The bombing of Tel Aviv in 2024 is just the beginning."

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3740

Cool

starman likes this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 am

Settler experiences Hamas fireworks in Tel Aviv

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3741
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:06 am

🚀 An Al-Qassam rocket directly hit an area near or inside Ben Guiron Airport in Tel Aviv. Another lovely happy newyear present by Hamas!

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3742

Cool

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:09 am

NOW IN ENGLISH: Al-Qassam Brigades (Hamas) published an informative video showcasing all the (revealed) rockets under control of the al-Qassam.

It features rockets from the Qassam(Q)-family, Makadmeh(M)-family, Ayyash-250 etc.

Video subtitled courtesy of Dee (https://x.com/revolutionaryem/status/1741611005254226217?s=46&t=P1DQrEyGxQ0X-IFfq7mhEw) (Revolutionaryem) on Twitter.

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/3748

Cool
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:09 am

BIG SUMMARY of all resistance operations today, December 31, against US-israeli forces

🇾🇪 Yemeni Armed Forces:

🔻Targeted the container ship "Maersk Hangzhou" heading to israeli ports, with anti-ship ballistic missiles.

🇵🇸 Al-Qassam Brigades:

🔻Shelled gatherings of IOF forces in Khan Yunis city, south of Gaza, with mortars.

🔻In a joint-operation with the Mujahideen Brigades, they targeted an IOF Apache helicopter, south of the Zaitoun neighborhood, with a SAM-7 anti-aircraft missile.

🔻Targeted special Zionist forces, east of Tuffah neighborhood, with improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and engaged in clashes using machine guns.

🔻Used "Sho'ath" explosives and Yassin-105s to target 5 military vehicles in the Zaitoun and Daraj areas.

🔻Targeted a D9-bulldozer, north of Khan Yunis, south of Gaza.

🔻Shelled military vehicles & soldiers north of Khan Yunis with mortars.

🔻Downed a reconnaissance drone Skylark-2, while it was carrying an intelligence mission, in Beit Lahia, north of Gaza.

🇵🇸 Al-Quds Brigades:

🔻Shelled military concentrations with a barrage of mortars, in the Tal al-Hawa area, southwest of Gaza.

🔻Detonated a booby-trapped opening of a tunnel upon the entry of IOF soldiers in the Shujaiya neighborhood, east of Gaza, resulting in at least 1 killed and 1 injured.

🔻Succesfully sniped an IOF soldier in the Tuffah neighborhood in Gaza.

🔻Shelled military concentrations & a command and control center, southeast of Al-Zaitoun neighborhood, with a rocket barrage & heavy mortars.

🇵🇸 Nasser Salah al-Din Brigades:

🔻Targeted a Zionist infantry force, east of the al-Bureij camp with 2 RPGs, causing direct injuries.

🇵🇸 Martyr Omar Al-Qassem forces:

🔻Detonated a highly explosive device against a zionist tank, north of Al-Katiba area in Khan Younis, confirming that it was a direct hit.

🔻Shelled a gathering of IOF military vehicles on the 10th Street axis, south of the Gaza Governorate, and they were directly hit.

🇵🇸 Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades:

🔻Clashed with IOF forces, in the eastern axis of Al-Tuffah, with barrages of bullets and RPGs.

🔻Shelled military gatherings in the axis in Al-Tuffah neighborhood with heavy-caliber mortars.

🇵🇸 Mujahideen Brigades:

🔻Targeted an IOF military speedboat, in the sea, west of Gaza City, with a Sa’ir missile (with video).

🔻Shelled military gatherings of soldiers and vehicles with mortars, northwest of Al-Shati’ area in Gaza City.

🔻Shelled military gatherings of soldiers and vehicles with mortars and short-range rockets, southeast of Al-Zaytoun and southwest of Tal Al-Hawa in the areas.

🔻Seized various types of weapons from IOF forces.

— 🟡 Hezbollah:

🔻 Targeted the Hanita site with appropriate weapons, causing direct injuries.

🔻Targeted the Al-Abbad site with appropriate weapons, achieving direct hits.

🔻Targeted a gathering of IOF soldiers in the vicinity of the Hanita site with suitable weapons.

🇮🇶 Islamic Resistance in Iraq:

🔻Attacked the Abu Hajar US airfield base near the town of Rmelan in Syria, using suicide drones.

🔻Attacked the US base near Erbil airport, northern Iraq, with suicide drones.

🔻Targeted a military target in the occupied Golan Heights with appropriate weapons.

🔻Attacked a target in Umm al-Rashrash (Eilat) with appropriate weapons.

This list did not include rockets fired from Gaza towards settlements.

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:55 pm

Al-Qassam (Hamas)

Our fighters from the Al-Bureij camp, confirm setting up a well-planned ambush for a special Zionist force in one of the buildings located in front of which the enemy's vehicles are stationed in the camp.

As soon as the Zionist force entered the building to take a break, they ambushed them with gunfire and anti-fortification shells, causing casualties, while our fighters safely withdrew to their bases.

starman likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:17 am