Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+29
Sujoy
LMFS
higurashihougi
Isos
eehnie
miketheterrible
Airman
franco
TheArmenian
Russian Patriot
kvs
milforum.net
SturmGuard
sepheronx
DTA
OminousSpudd
Mike E
PapaDragon
Admin
magnumcromagnon
JohninMK
Airbornewolf
George1
jhelb
Khepesh
Morpheus Eberhardt
Werewolf
max steel
GarryB
33 posters

Forum Non Technical issues

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Forum Non Technical issues - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum Non Technical issues

Post  PapaDragon Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Exclamation
    I am kindly requesting that following post by one of our local clowns:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t153p250-next-generation-rocket-angara-news#201685

With following content:

https://youtu.be/hqmRNfVddrk?t=20m10s
    rogozin was in the talk show and talked about military ,krimea, rockets ,....
    he got new nickname for him in the comments -the clown. Razz
    angara-a5 in 2021 in vostochny.
    100 ton superheavy rocket launch site in vostochny in 2030. Razz
    rd-175, 1000t thrust,4 chambered engine modification of rd-171 - another money guzzling megaproject ...pale

Usa will have commercial market cornered with Musk Falcon -x and dollars from commercial markets pouring in ,while russia will suck dry bones, super heavy rocket- SLS in 2020s will be ready , USA has powerfull hydrogen engines russia doesnt even have a dream of in future and will stop buying russian engines because of new Musk methane engines by 2020s,  which will bankrupt Russian energomash , Usa multi-pronged approach is paying of handsomely and Russia is left in the dust in all fields ,and no amount of whining and chest thumping can change that...sad . No

Be moved to this tread that was opened recently:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t6969-commercial-and-private-space-companies-and-programs-news-and-updates

On account of being off topic for the tread it was originally posted in due to parts that I have bolded and emphasized

I mean If you are not deleting BS from little trolls then at at least move the content to more appropriate and topic-relevant location that is available. While you are at it you can also move my reply to that post too.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Noticed when I logged in today that the message or post history total is getting close to 200,000. thumbsup
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:53 pm

I have had several complaints about behaviour on this forum recently.... namely personal attacks and abuse.

When you signed up to this forum you agreed to be bound by the rules and that you would not be abusive to other members or mods.

You are free to disagree with anyone, even without reasons, what you may not do is abuse others for their opinions... except Nazis and ISIS and a select few of course.

I am now going to go through all the new posts (I haven't checked them for a couple of days) and abusers found will get a warning. When I check again tomorrow repeat abusers will get short term bans. When they come back from bans repeat offenders will get permanent bans...

I hope I am being very clear.

BTW He started it is not a valid excuse for abuse, and he always abuses me so I did it first this time will not be accepted.

GarryB
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:40 pm

How can I change my nickname?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:56 am

You will have to talk to Vlad...

Vlad
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Garry, I have put a post in the Armata thread aimed at you re an insult from another member to myself and another.

Can I suggest that you put in this thread the names of those who get short and long term bans? I cannot see any reason why you shouldn't and it might act as a further deterrent. Also the rest of us would then know why a particular poster has suddenly vanished.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:05 pm

@John
    I have had a good think about this and have decided not to give Eehnie an immediate short period ban because I don't get the feeling his command of English is good enough to suspect it was intentionally that offensive.

@Eehnie
    That is enough. With my Mod hat on, there is to be no more of this intoxicator stuff to be directed at anyone or you will get a short period ban.

Garry, I think this is a better thread to discuss this rather than pollute the other two. Perhaps you could consider removing them and putting them here of the Talking Bullshit thread.

I disagree but understand and accept your decision. As he subsequently said in the Syrian thread, I did explain what the word meant and whilst he seemed to have got it he did not stop using it. The Amarta thread was just the latest most blatant example that pushed me to 'this is now beyond a joke' and your warning post gave me the opportunity.

Thank you for acting.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:32 am

So any chances of what passes for mods here to do something about that little offensive parasite who is derailing treads and offending other members (yet again)?

Latest example: https://www.russiadefence.net/t7040p675-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-12#216222

Not actually expecting anything to be done about it since he is mod's little pet boy and I will probably get banned agan for criticizing him but still, just following protocol

Oh and if someone would be kind enough to reactivate my PM feature it would be appreciated (again, no expectations but still asking anyway)
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:49 am

he seems to have riled up majority of the community here. Not like personal feelings matters or anything, but just saying.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:15 pm

People need to lay off the hyena pack behaviour of ganging up on him. That is much worse than any "provocation" he
    induces. Activate your ignore lists.

It is quite absurd how people get on his case for posting some website to justify construction launch on Lider, while doing
    essentially the same thing themselves by posting all sorts of board and media drivel speculation as if it is verified fact.

People in glass houses should not throw bricks.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:20 pm

So any chances of what passes for mods here to do something about that little offensive parasite who is derailing treads and offending other members (yet again)?

I am useless, so I guess not doing anything would live up to your expectations?

And second, I don't see anything offensive in that post...

Not actually expecting anything to be done about it since he is mod's little pet boy and I will probably get banned agan for criticizing him but still, just following protocol

Feeling sorry for ourselves are we?

I don't understand why you are offended by his comment, but I do respect the fact that you did the right thing by not replying with an insult and just posted it here.

Thank you.

I will talk to Vlad but I suspect getting PMs locked is part of the banning process so only he can unlock it, or their might be a period when it is locked.

People need to lay off the hyena pack behaviour of ganging up on him. That is much worse than any "provocation" he
    induces. Activate your ignore lists.

It is quite absurd how people get on his case for posting some website to justify construction launch on Lider, while doing
    essentially the same thing themselves by posting all sorts of board and media drivel speculation as if it is verified fact.

People in glass houses should not throw bricks.

I was thinking the same thing...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 pm

GarryB wrote:..................
    And second, I don't see anything offensive in that post...

Several consecutive months of trolling and insults do not count I guess? Scroll back if that's not enough.

GarryB wrote:....
    Feeling sorry for ourselves are we?

Elaborate, now I am curious

GarryB wrote:...I don't understand why you are offended by his comment, but I do respect the fact that you did the right thing by not replying with an insult and just posted it here....

If you think it's just one comment then you haven't been paying attention.

Right thing to do would be to respond to his insults but since he gets a free pass while others get banned simply for replying to him in kind I thought I might try my luck here.

Better to just talk directly to whoever decided that eehnia gets a free pass.

kvs wrote:...People need to lay off the hyena pack behaviour of ganging up on him. That is much worse than any "provocation" he induces. Activate your ignore lists.

Personal insults are fine for him but when people he insults respond it's ''hyena pack'' behavior?

Also, main problem:

If ignore lists worked properly he would have been on it from the get go. Problem is that when you put someone on ignore list and then you try to use shortcuts from main page you just get redirected to top of the last page if person on ignore list posted anything in the meantime.

Ignore lists work on clowns like ultron who show up rarely but when you put spammer like eehenia who dumps several pages per day on ignore list then entire shortcut feature becomes useless.  

And one more thing: isn't there a rule that says that you should cut surplus content when quoting previous comments in order to avoid redundant text walls?

Golden boy not only refuses to do that but often combines several text walls into single comment without even making effort to type a single new line. Just copy/paste.

Vann, annoying as he is, at least types his own text walls, eehnia pastes several previous posts together and maybe at best dumps several lines of emoticons.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:23 am

Several consecutive months of trolling and insults do not count I guess? Scroll back if that's not enough.

If you mean by trolling posting an opinion that does not suit you, then I guess he has, but then by that same criteria you are just as guilty of doing the same... I could ban you both for having differing opinions and posting them or I could ban neither of you... which in this case is what I am doing.

Elaborate, now I am curious

PapaDragon wrote:
    Not actually expecting anything to be done about it since he is mod's little pet boy and I will probably get banned agan for criticizing him

It is so hard when the whole world is against you...

Better to just talk directly to whoever decided that eehnia gets a free pass.

Nobody gets a free pass, stop being so melodramatic...

If you look back in the threads I have had as many disagreements with Eehnie as you have... in fact probably more.

I am not going to ban someone for not agreeing with me.

I will ban people for breaking the rules... which are pretty clear.

Personal insults are fine for him but when people he insults respond it's ''hyena pack'' behavior?

More accurately when two people are arguing and are insulting each other is one thing... when a few people are all insulting one person who is insulting them all back then it looks like hyena behaviour.

Everyone is guilty of breaking the rules so in theory everyone should get a ban... so you are right I am not doing my job... but if I was then I would be banning a lot of people and not just the one you want banned.

And one more thing: isn't there a rule that says that you should cut surplus content when quoting previous comments in order to avoid redundant text walls?

Golden boy not only refuses to do that but often combines several text walls into single comment without even making effort to type a single new line. Just copy/paste.

Vann, annoying as he is, at least types his own text walls, eehnia pastes several previous posts together and maybe at best dumps several lines of emoticons.

Very good point, but there are a lot of transgressors so I am going to post a warning and a tutorial either later today or tomorrow to show users how to properly reply without quoting entire posts.

Anyone who does not comply after the warning will get temporary bans... those continuing to ignore instructions will get more permanent bans.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:09 pm

GarryB wrote:.........

Very good point, but there are a lot of transgressors so I am going to post a warning and a tutorial either later today or tomorrow to show users how to properly reply without quoting entire posts.

Anyone who does not comply after the warning will get temporary bans... those continuing to ignore instructions will get more permanent bans.

And right on cue, someone's pet project is acting up again:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t7040p750-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-12#216717

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:34 pm

Oh what's this then? And all those personal insults, dear me, dear me...

https://www.russiadefence.net/t7040p800-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-12#216942

Chop, chop...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:41 am

Couple of things... first of all... what is this chop chop stuff?

I am not a dog... and disrespecting a mod gets you a ban too.

Will ignore it this time...

Second thing is that Vann7 is taking a break for four days for insulting other members.

Third ATLASCLUB has been given a warning regarding quoting.

And the Russian military aide to Syria thread is about to have a lot of rubbish removed from it.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 am

Reading this topic I begin to understand more.

PapaDragon wrote: since he is mod's little pet boy

I see now this insult to me here. How to understand this otherwise?

To note that I linked previously about a dozen of insults that I received only in 2018. I can recover them fast if necessary.

I expect the Moderators analyze the signature of Papadragon.

I think can be breaking the following rules:

2] No spamming or trolling
    7] Do not disrespect members, do not attack the messenger, attack the message
    8] Do not disrespect RDF staff or the forum itself.
    11] Do not post outside sources in other languages without English translation.
    16] Stay on topic

His signature covers half of the screen in every message he writes. In more than 6200 messages, it means around 3100 complete screens with the same messages repeated. I consider it spamming.

Also not sure in which rule would be, but there is a quote of a fascist dictator that includes a fascist salute, that is the Spanish version of the Hail Hittler, and was used the same way. I expect this to be reviewed, because of this in addition to by disrespecting, with the fascist salute clearly used to insult other members, by trolling and by quoting in other languages without English translation in every message he writes.

To note that the Soviet Union (and Russia) were beligerants in the Spanish Civil War, fighting against Francisco Franco and his coup.
    http://elar.urfu.ru/bitstream/10995/4790/2/uvmi6-2006-02.pdf
    The signature of Papadragon goes over the memory of the Sovietic (and Russian) military advisors that fighted against Franco in the Spanish Civil War, including 59 of them awarded as Hero of the Soviet Union (recognized by Russia), and specially goes over the memory of 189 of them that died in the war, including 18 Heroes of the Soviet Union (recognized by Russia):
    http://www.warheroes.ru/main.asp?war=1&star=1
    https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Список_Героев_Советского_Союза_(Война_в_Испании,_1936—1939)

I hope the the moderators take serious measures because he was previously warned about the fascist content of his signature, refused to correct it, and still refuses even trying to mock about.
    https://www.russiadefence.net/t7072p875-syrian-civil-war-news-16#215787
    https://www.russiadefence.net/t7040p800-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-12#216983

------------------------------------

Talking about improper quoting, that agrees not with the rules, I think this also must be considered improper quoting, taking into account that the quote signs are not included, and many times the link is not included:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t7040p750-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-12#216553 (lack of quote signs to the words extracted of the "source")

PapaDragon wrote:
    https://twitter.com/russia_mideast/status/964451585022717953

The use of low-altitude US jets to repel the attack on SDF means US knew forces on the ground did not have capabilities to shoot down jets

Russia was likely fully aware of an offensive against SDF-controlled oil facility after failed talks in December to move it under Assad’s control and decided to allow the Americans to repel the attack

Russian PMCs in Syria now prefer to work directly with Assad/loyalist businessmen and not through Russia, hence the incident was largely a punitive measure against them.

By allowing these attacks Moscow makes it clear to Assad, who’s becoming unruly, that it will not shield him unless he is cooperative

https://www.russiadefence.net/t7187p125-syrian-civil-war-news-17#216957

JohninMK wrote:
    Qalaat Al Mudiq
    ‏ @QalaatAlMudiq
    3h3 hours ago

#AfrinOp: official map following today's advances between #Bulbul and #Azaz & on #Jindires front. #YPG defensive belt almost completely seized by #OliveBranch forces.

Forum Non Technical issues - Page 3 DWfU6CPXcAADiXx

https://www.russiadefence.net/t7040p775-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-12#216883

JohninMK wrote:This is all I have seen on the subject i.e. not much, nothing official.

Lucas Tomlinson‏Verified account @LucasFoxNews

U.S. counter-attack in Syria included Air Force AC-130 gunships, F-15s, F-22s, Army Apache helicopter gunships and Marine Corps artillery killing 100 Russian and Assad-backed fighters in 3-hour battle beginning around midnight last night.

Ivan Sidorenko Retweeted
    Charles Lister
    ‏Verified account @Charles_Lister
    Feb 8

Wow.

U.S. response to pro-regime pre-meditated attack in Deir ez Zour lasted 3hrs & included use of:

- AC-130 gunships
    - F-15s
    - F-22s
    - Apache helicopter gunships
    - Marine Corps artillery

= 100+ enemy killed.

[via @LucasFoxNews]

And thanks Franco

To note that this wrong model of quoting is systemathically used by both users and others.

----------------------

Also I propose that the Twitter to be explicitly included in this rule because of the very very very low quality of Twitter "sources":

14] Do note quote wiki, debka or strategy page, find a better source

In overall terms the Twitter sources are garbaje of the lowest quality that lead to discussions about fake news many times, degrading the topics strongly. Twitter sources are worse than Wikipedia in overall terms (not refered only to English Wikipedia). In Twitter every one can call himself expert and can invent what he/her wish without control, and many times the people is doing it.

In overall terms Twitter is the biggest (by far) source of fake news coming to this forum.

Thank you.

Last edited by eehnie on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 am

GarryB wrote:Couple of things... first of all... what is this chop chop stuff?

I am not a dog... and disrespecting a mod gets you a ban too.

Will ignore it this time...

Second thing is that Vann7 is taking a break for four days for insulting other members.

Not easy to understand.

By respect to the banned user, it would be logical that people in the same situation have the same result.

Last edited by eehnie on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Last edited by eehnie on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:14 pm

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Militarov wrote:

Its so sad how low someone can drop

He reported people for quoting violations​ while making same violation on the same page that he used as an example of insult violation

Isos was right, it really is like movie Inception

Priceless Smile
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Militarov wrote:...

The rules are for all not? Or are only for me for Vann and for ATLAS?

Are the rules only to be enforced when JohninMK and Papadragon complain and cry to the mods?

You have a little before who asked a stronger enforcement of this rule, and against who. If you read the page since the begin you will read a sad array of complaining and crying from both trying to ban me. Sometimes hilarious.

PapaDragon wrote:...

Im respecting the quoting rules as asqued by the moderators to all the people.

13] Do not misuse the quote feature.  This means do not quote more than two people in your quote box and also do not requote an entire article unless it is brief.  The proper quoting style can be seen here.
    14] Do note quote wiki, debka or strategy page, find a better source
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:56 am

The rules are for all not? Or are only for me for Vann and for ATLAS?

I have banned both PapaDragon and Militarov in the past for breaking rules, the rules are for everyone.

I did not ban ATLAS, I warned him that a rule that has not been enforced in the past is now going to be enforced properly and that he and others should make themselves aware of the situation quickly because very soon it will result in a ban.

By respect to be banned user, it would be logical that people in the same situation have the same result.

The problem there is that an insult is subjective... I might say something to you I think is not offensive and you might take offense... if I ban someone for anything that could be offensive then there would not be much talking done here and few people to talk to.

So warnings are an alternative option to banning.

Personally I don't like banning and only very rarely permanently ban people.

You guys are supposed to be grown ups, if there is someone who pisses you off, just ignore them.

I am not getting paid for this and you are making visiting the internet a chore rather than something I am interested in.

I can't fix stupid, but I can deal with offensive... that is covered by the rules.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:18 am

Yes, I did just delete your last post Eehnie, and here are the reasons why.

First of all it was not a non technical issue for this forum, so it was off topic.

Second it was a form of goading or flame baiting... when they respond you will complain they insulted you.

Third, I don't want to discourage members from reporting problems to me or the other moderators, because that helps me do my job and often makes me aware of problems I might not otherwise have noticed.

I would suggest that members send PMs to mods if they have a problem so discussions can be made out of the public eye... this might lead to PMs between both offending parties so a solution might be found or I might speak to the other party on the upset persons behalf to sort out problems.

Either way, making fun or abusing members for using their brain and talking to a mod about a problem instead of just replying or escalating things and getting lots of people banned is something I will deal with.

I don't know if there is a forum rule about that and I don't care... it is something I will do to make things easier for me.

If anyone has a problem with this or any other of my choices or decisions, this is Vlad79s forum... he created it and he is in charge, so talk to him.
    GarryB
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:51 am

A video of a little baby of 1-2 years old fake crying provoked all this answer.

The previous comments I posted in the same page have been barely answered. In most of the cases ignored, like the comment about the fascist salute in the signature of Papadragon.

In my region of the Basque Country, a region of the size of Kosovo or Lebanon, more than a 1% of the population was executed by people doing this salute. It is like if in Russia would be now around 1.5-1.8 millions of persons executed. In some municipality more than a 6% of the population was executed by people doing this salute. Cases like these:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deia.com%2F2016%2F10%2F13%2Fsociedad%2Festado%2Faranzadi-recupera-todos-los-restos-de-la-familia-sagardia-de-la-sima-de-legarrea

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.noticiasdenavarra.com%2F2018%2F02%2F10%2Fsociedad%2Fnavarra%2Fmaravillas-lamberto-tiene-desde-hoy-una-plaza-en-pamplona&edit-text=

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eldiario.es%2Fsociedad%2FDerechos-Humanos-ONU-Espana-Amnistia_0_412259296.html

Yes, likely is better more people comes here to see.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:40 pm