Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
marcinko
Walther von Oldenburg
Cowboy's daughter
PapaDragon
artjomh
JohninMK
Dforce
auslander
ExBeobachter1987
Prince Darling
GarryB
Book.
CaptMorgan68
Godric
medo
Dima
Airbornewolf
Inetwarrior
Voskhod
whir
Morpheus Eberhardt
Admin
DTA
NationalRus
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Monarchist
Khepesh
KomissarBojanchev
TheArmenian
collegeboy16
Cpt Caz
Regular
Mike E
macedonian
DanilaMP
kvs
TR1
wilhelm
mack8
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Strizh
flamming_python
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
max steel
AbsoluteZero
52 posters

mp.net is closing?

Khepesh
    Khepesh

mp.net is closing? - Page 16 Empty Re: mp.net is closing?

Post  Khepesh Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:38 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:So, hows the latest events going down on that site?

Drowning in froth?

Certain people who were active in the Syrian War thread are mad at the 'Russian invasion' of the Syrian War thread.
    Some fight against it, others like kalerab left the thread.
    Reading your post promted me to have a look at that thread. Looking at what is being posted simply re-enforces my view that those who actively post against Russia are cowards who know they have been wrong in everything they have ever posted, and now they are very much on the back foot as regards Syria, their brain, if they have one, simply cannot comprehend the magnitude of their defeat in everything they have argued for, and so retreat leaving only a few seriously moronic blockheads like "Courage". They are all scum as far as I am concerned, and likely the same scum who have been at their evil work in the networks and western media since "Nord-Ost" terror attack, then Beslan, and these bastards still try to make mischief about that, then 888, then Ukraine and now Syria, and always they are wrong. I mostly gave up posting on these "hate sites" as they are nothing but sewers. Once I used to think their lies should be countered, but it is futile, and besides, the truth, the reality, is always the best weapon against them. It is sufficient, and very gratifying, to now simply only occassioanly read their howls of anguish as their world of lies and fakes and hatred collapses. I know it is almost always mis-quoted, but Krushchev's phrase "We will bury you", can be used again and ammended to say "We are burying you". I expect that when the truth about MH17 is finally known, all their heads will spontaneously explode.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:41 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:So, hows the latest events going down on that site?

Drowning in froth?

Certain people who were active in the Syrian War thread are mad at the 'Russian invasion' of the Syrian War thread.
    Some fight against it, others like kalerab left the thread.
    Reading your post promted me to have a look at that thread. Looking at what is being posted simply re-enforces my view that those who actively post against Russia are cowards who know they have been wrong in everything they have ever posted, and now they are very much on the back foot as regards Syria, their brain, if they have one, simply cannot comprehend the magnitude of their defeat in everything they have argued for, and so retreat leaving only a few seriously moronic blockheads like "Courage". They are all scum as far as I am concerned, and likely the same scum who have been at their evil work in the networks and western media since "Nord-Ost" terror attack, then Beslan, and these bastards still try to make mischief about that, then 888, then Ukraine and now Syria, and always they are wrong. I mostly gave up posting on these "hate sites" as they are nothing but sewers. Once I used to think their lies should be countered, but it is futile, and besides, the truth, the reality, is always the best weapon against them. It is sufficient, and very gratifying, to now simply only occassioanly read their howls of anguish as their world of lies and fakes and hatred collapses. I know it is almost always mis-quoted, but Krushchev's phrase "We will bury you", can be used again and ammended to say "We are burying you". I expect that when the truth about MH17 is finally known, all their heads will spontaneously explode.

I agree with that apart from the mh17 bit, though lets not get into that. I Just hope im proved wrong oneday. The problem with these people is they have travelled wo far down the path they have chosen, that theres no way back. The only response to the truth and reason that they have is just to spit and foam at the mouth, for there is no logic or morality that backa up their ideas and behaviour.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:01 am

Serious question, have people from here sneaked again over there? TR1? FP? Guys?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:38 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Serious question, have people from here sneaked again over there? TR1? FP? Guys?

The corpse is already rotten and smelling and you are trying to perform CPR, dude you are hardcore....
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Serious question, have people from here sneaked again over there? TR1? FP? Guys?

The corpse is already rotten and smelling and you are trying to perform CPR, dude you are hardcore....

CPR? I only noticed some guys trying very hard to troll on the new site. Artem Kalashev was good, there's a Latino as well, I thought maybe Siempre Leal had a new nick or something.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:03 pm

Well, after spending months in the no man's land of 'suspended but suspension time well expired' they have promoted me. I am now called 'Guest' but I must have been special, not many 'Guests' get to post let alone start threads as my trail shows over there. Strangely I can't log in now Smile
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:55 am

sometimes I view it to see what the arseholes are posting .... occasionally I will post to wind them up
    DasVivo
    DasVivo

Post  DasVivo Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:46 pm

JohninMK wrote:Well, after spending months in the no man's land of 'suspended but suspension time well expired' they have promoted me. I am now called 'Guest' but I must have been special, not many 'Guests' get to post let alone start threads as my trail shows over there. Strangely I can't log in now Smile

I post somewhat regular over at themess, shoot me a message with your details I'll tell the Mods of your issues...

Despite all the angry posts here I've found most of them pretty reasonable (I've had one or two times where I've felt myself hard done by and that was more or less them just nuking a sight from orbit and being caught up in it)
    I argue pretty in Pro Russian (as is genuinely my PoV) in many threads and I get away with it.... I've also met one of the mods face to face and we get along....

Issues at themess.net may exist but I think overall not so much of an issue....
    We debated with Camera endlessly (with him changing the argument each time) on the issue of Russian Incomes, Poverty Level etc

http://themess.net/forum/political-discussion/21776-putin-expects-sanctions-against-russia-to-be-lifted?p=58401#post58401

The end result was he was banned, he brought little to the table made some very objectionable posts and was take
    n down for it.....
    The type of posting I replied with had me even a little uncomfortable...

As for BitnikGR, I am in fairly reliable contact with him, I'll ask him if he has checked this place out.....

Also I apologise for being a lvl 10 Necromancer
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Looks also like the place has become a wasteland. There's less than 15% of the people mp.net used to have. Oh and the mods are pretty much a non-factor because of that. Yet a lot of Pro-Russian people are "suspended-Infraction System".

So yeah, the Mess is a shadow.
    DasVivo
    DasVivo

Post  DasVivo Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:39 pm

DasVivo wrote:
    DasVivo wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Looks also like the place has become a wasteland. There's less than 15% of the people mp.net used to have. Oh and the mods are pretty much a non-factor because of that. Yet a lot of Pro-Russian people are "suspended-Infraction System".

So yeah, the Mess is a shadow.

Much of that is to be expected, change of location means attrition nevermind change of routine, breakup of community etc....

I am not trying to argue in favor of one or the other, and for the record I have always found your posts at mp.net interesting.... But more so, I don't think the environment is as hostile as described....

Admittedly I don't go out and post very anti US/Western things, and that may get People treated differently.....
    But still, I am not finding it so difficult to deal with at current, and I would much rather try post in both communties and get a voice heard rather than retreat to safe ground where I simply preach to an audience

Last edited by DasVivo on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:01 am

DasVivo wrote:Issues at themess.net may exist but I think overall not so much of an issue....
    We debated with Camera endlessly (with him changing the argument each time) on the issue of Russian Incomes, Poverty Level etc

http://themess.net/forum/political-discussion/21776-putin-expects-sanctions-against-russia-to-be-lifted?p=58401#post58401

The end result was he was banned, he brought little to the table made some very objectionable posts and was take
    n down for it.....

So that is how the OP of the Syrian thread got banned.

The mess has got really good posters, but the number is much smaller compared to mp.net.
    And the forum software is bad.
    Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:12 am

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    DasVivo wrote:Issues at themess.net may exist but I think overall not so much of an issue....

n down for it.....

The mess has got really good posters, but the number is much smaller compared to mp.net.

I actually like the spartan feel and simple functionality of themess, certainly more than the chaos over at the old mp.net.

I have also started noticing that themess have been getting quieter, with fewer threads being opened, threads getting less active, etc... Heck, apart from a few remaining permanent posters and one or two trolls, the ukraine thread on themess is barely populated and/or moving. Hmmm.. now that I think about it, same applies to the Syria thread and a few others. It's almost as if many posters just decided to enter lurk mode...

themess is a pale shadow in comparison to mp.net, since the community was inevitably fractured amongst several other forums, including this one. However, looking on the bright side, a lot of the trolls and insane russophobes decided to congregate in the afteractionreview or other forums, did not transfer over to themess (shelldraken), or were outright banned on themess (camera).

DasVivo
    DasVivo

Post  DasVivo Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:25 am

Acheron wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

n down for it.....

I actually like the spartan feel and simple functionality of themess, certainly more than the chaos over at the old mp.net.

I have also started noticing that themess have been getting quieter, with fewer threads being opened, threads getting less active, etc... Heck, apart from a few remaining permanent posters and one or two trolls, the ukraine thread on themess is barely populated and/or moving. Hmmm.. now that I think about it, same applies to the Syria thread and a few others. It's almost as if many posters just decided to enter lurk mode...

themess is a pale shadow in comparison to mp.net, since the community was inevitably fractured amongst several other forums, including this one. However, looking on the bright side, a lot of the trolls and insane russophobes decided to congregate in the afteractionreview or other forums, did not transfer over to themess (shelldraken), or were outright banned on themess (camera).

Themess unfortunately suffers from the newer version of the forumware that seems to have a multitude of problems...
    Threads are pretty quiet, (I suspect some of the issue above may be to blame at times for suspended members not having sentences expiring) but it continues on.... Ukraine Thread is mostly quiet because events on the ground in Ukraine are pretty static (even with the occasional incident), focus has shifted to Syria....
    It is interesting to see how the global events of the last few years have really fractured the community (and the various forums and the familiar faces) and it appears to not be decreasing...

Still content is being posted (less so on the russian armed forces thread than I would like), I hope with time the community will gain more momentum and more members will start to come back. This place however has a wealth of topics on russian military so Smile definitely getting my fix!

As for Shelldraken, he went rampant on that final days of mp.net and was generally a douche, the mods made it pretty clear he'd be banned should he show himself again

I guess where I am trying to post from is that I don't think the moderation was necessarily as bad as people make it out to be even if I did feel the loss of numerous 'residents' and their contributions...
    What I can take solace from is looking here and seeing numerous familiar faces, though some have only a few posts and my hope is that what we're seeing is in some cases posters whom after year on year at mp.net have simply taken a break from what for many of us became a must do first in the morning and end of the day type session... Hopefully many will find themselves drawn back in..

Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:10 pm

DasVivo wrote:Themess unfortunately suffers from the newer version of the forumware that seems to have a multitude of problems...
    Threads are pretty quiet, (I suspect some of the issue above may be to blame at times for suspended members not having sentences expiring) but it continues on.... Ukraine Thread is mostly quiet because events on the ground in Ukraine are pretty static (even with the occasional incident), focus has shifted to Syria....
    It is interesting to see how the global events of the last few years have really fractured the community (and the various forums and the familiar faces) and it appears to not be decreasing...

Still content is being posted (less so on the russian armed forces thread than I would like), I hope with time the community will gain more momentum and more members will start to come back. This place however has a wealth of topics on russian military so Smile definitely getting my fix!

As for Shelldraken, he went rampant on that final days of mp.net and was generally a douche, the mods made it pretty clear he'd be banned should he show himself again

I guess where I am trying to post from is that I don't think the moderation was necessarily as bad as people make it out to be even if I did feel the loss of numerous 'residents' and their contributions...
    What I can take solace from is looking here and seeing numerous familiar faces, though some have only a few posts and my hope is that what we're seeing is in some cases posters whom after year on year at mp.net have simply taken a break from what for many of us became a must do first in the morning and end of the day type session... Hopefully many will find themselves drawn back in..

Yeah, I experienced the whole "indefinite suspension" problem myself. In order to solve it I had to make another account at the end of my suspension and then merge it with the old. Would be nice if that bug would have been ironed out as soon as it reared its ugly head. Apart from that, the appearance and functionality of themess is to my liking, so no complaints from me on that account Smile

Yep, I definitely remember the glorious day when Shelldraken went out in a blaze of ignominy Smile It was the last day of mp.net and he went full retard and started to insult the members and mods. I just wish he could have done that  much earlier so that we would all have been spared his caustic attitude Smile

I have to admit, if there is anything that i sorely miss about the old mp.net (apart from the reasonable members of course) is the numero uno thread of mp.net about the military of the most popular country on mp.net Very Happy
    It is quite a pity that the same thread in themess is not being as actively updated (thankfully, vitaly made the transition from mp.net). Then again, that's what I joined this forum for Very Happy
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Acheron wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

n down for it.....

SHelldraken is still there, it's just you guys that don't notice the similarities. Courage is shelldraken. Also a good number of people are binned because unlike MP.net digrar has less of a choice. Before the Russian wild crowd was everywhere. I notice that in the mess there are only Rembos left. So the asshatery of the "other side is way more open". However, well there's the dumb core, people like Spartan10K, and the now new Gulf trolls. In definitive, the two things that made MP.net (Russia and Pictures) are out. So the mess is out.
    Fred333
    Fred333

Post  Fred333 Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:17 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Acheron wrote:
    ExBeobachter1987 wrote:

n down for it.....

SHelldraken is still there, it's just you guys that don't notice the similarities. Courage is shelldraken. Also a good number of people are binned because unlike MP.net digrar has less of a choice. Before the Russian wild crowd was everywhere. I notice that in the mess there are only Rembos left. So the asshatery of the "other side is way more open". However, well there's the dumb core, people like Spartan10K, and the now new Gulf trolls. In definitive, the two things that made MP.net (Russia and Pictures) are out. So the mess is out.

Similarly XJ220 is back as Donbasshouswife. Which Gulf trolls do you mean? So far most of them have been banned because they can't cover up their BS enough. Even losculos is banned now, good riddance. Too bad he took AB1 with him, who was capable of exposing his lies and deceit. I suspect Commenwealth won't last long either, he always framing stuff in such a way to provoke flame wars.
    Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:35 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:

I don't think Courage is shelldraken. Even though they both are/were from Australia, i think they are different people. Shelldraken gave off this confrontational and arrogant vibe, while courage is....well....as ignorant and obtuse as a wooden plank and doesn't even bother to correct it or at least hide it. Courage also does not seem to be as argumentative, preferring to quip in with his inane and trolling one liner comments once in a while. They were also posting concurrently on mp.net for years.

As for spartan....well....he is a redneck kid from the US who also happens to be a nerd gamer and therefore an expert troll by "affiliation" [I am willing to bet he is currently residing in his mum's basement Smile]. Just ignore him or troll him back.
    Anyway, I do agree that the russian military photos thread "made" mp.net and it is a pity that the rules at themess precludes such threads from re-emerging. However, political discussions regarding current events, such as migrant crisis, Syria, Yemen, etc... are still quite interesting and engaging because of the fact that there is rarely any consensus or circle-jerk therein. Actually, now that I think about it, migrant crisis thread has recently devolved into a circlejerk, but that is more of an exception that proves the rule Smile
    Anyway, as long as there are at least some reasonable individuals left over there (dasvivo, surenas, laworkerbee, teleology, moosefoot and many others), I will try to retain some hope for the future Very Happy

Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Fred333 wrote:
    Similarly XJ220 is back as Donbasshouswife. Which Gulf trolls do you mean? So far most of them have been banned because they can't cover up their BS enough. Even losculos is banned now, good riddance. Too bad he took AB1 with him, who was capable of exposing his lies and deceit. I suspect Commenwealth won't last long either, he always framing stuff in such a way to provoke flame wars.

Hmmm.... I was wondering where XJ220 went... I knew he couldn't stay away from a thread to which he was glued to 24/7 in the good'ol days ;D
    Still, wasn't XJ220 more proficient with the English language than Donbasshousewife? I guess a consummate troll like him would be able to "camouflage" himself in such a way...

Wow, loscules is banned? How did I miss such a momentous occasion? I remember that his posts a couple of days ago were called out for being BS, but his date with a banhammer is (happy) news to me. That jihadist supporter was a snake. He was masterfully avoiding every question regarding his view on the future of Syria, the Syrian minorities and whether Sharia law should be implemented and redirecting the conversation towards baby eating Assadists and the Iranian "terrorists". Good to see the proverbial slippery snake getting crushed under a proverbial boot.

I agree with you about commonwealth. It will be a matter of time before he slips up and posts some terrorist propaganda which will enable the mods to nail him. It can't happen soon enough. So far he has been very careful about openly discussing politics and only concerns himself with whining about ebil Russians bombing baby milk convoys and bakeries...

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:41 am

XJ has two accounts...IdriveaJag is him too. Also comonwealth already posts terro-prop, as ANA is known for their proximity with JAN. It's just the way it's going on.

Loscules was a scummybastard and AB1 nailed him good. Problem though is that the mods can't differentiate a cat from a horse when arabic and Islam is concerned. Then you have that bulgarian troll nemipuka, him alone is giving me the need to join an plaster his face. But I guess they're going to nail me with the ISP number.
    Fred333
    Fred333

Post  Fred333 Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:59 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:XJ has two accounts...IdriveaJag is him too. Also comonwealth already posts terro-prop, as ANA is known for their proximity with JAN. It's just the way it's going on.

Loscules was a scummybastard and AB1 nailed him good. Problem though is that the mods can't differentiate a cat from a horse when arabic and Islam is concerned. Then you have that bulgarian troll nemipuka, him alone is giving me the need to join an plaster his face. But I guess they're going to nail me with the ISP number.

Yeah I called him out for his ANA BS, but he never replied of course. I am taking my distance for now, I already got suspended once for trying to draw Loscules out, it's not worth it. I do have the feeling yhough that the mods have learned from the past and are less tolerant to pro-west and pro-"rebel" trolling. Pretty much only nemipuke is left as the sole bona fide and obvious troll and he isn't nearly as productive as asheren was. Dforce is also a lot more quiet these days. Loscules found his demise as a result of AB1 calling out his BS, but unfortunately most posts related to their exchange (which was popcorntastic and very satisfying) were deleted. RIP AB1...
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:47 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:XJ has two accounts...IdriveaJag is him too. Also comonwealth already posts terro-prop, as ANA is known for their proximity with JAN. It's just the way it's going on.

Thor IPs are not flagged in themess. But its fucking cesspit, fok it
    DasVivo
    DasVivo

Post  DasVivo Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:12 am

I am not going to advise anyone to join for the purposes of trolling or personal wars....

If one thinks they can be a productive member, adhering to the rules of themess however, they are welcome to post....

The forum can do with contributions... In the meanwhile none of this was meant so much as an advertisement for said forum as I think this place has its share of value....
    In general I would like to see bridging of gaps between our communities for shared information... Let the information carry strength not simply the ability to speak ones voice...

Some real good voices, and some are lost it seems forever like Lokos...

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:09 am

DasVivo wrote:I am not going to advise anyone to join for the purposes of trolling or personal wars....

If one thinks they can be a productive member, adhering to the rules of themess however, they are welcome to post....

The forum can do with contributions... In the meanwhile none of this was meant so much as an advertisement for said forum as I think this place has its share of value....
    In general I would like to see bridging of gaps between our communities for shared information... Let the information carry strength not simply the ability to speak ones voice...

Some real good voices, and some are lost it seems forever like Lokos...

Meh Lokos was a damn (awesome) outlier @MP.net. Too good for it even when MP.net was at the pinnacle. A couple of guys were, although they were for different reasons (Hank B., Indyjones, VK/dzhaga-dzhaga, MikeKiloPapa with his AFV experience, many more too).

The biggest issue with this is that the bridges are currently on fire because of variable geometry in morality. You have currently guys from the Gulf lamenting that Iran "sponsors" terror, while they're targeting civilians in Yemen, and no one bats an eyelash.

Same for Ukraine, we cannot have bridges, because the U-crying bot army and the Uber Nec plus Ultra Vatniks. Plus there's a real problem with Sovietology running rampant in most circles. The moment you point out discrepancies, is the moment you get you "putinbot medal" and your voice is gone.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:24 pm

The main reason I don't bother going to pro western sites any more is the utter futility of constantly correcting ignorance and stereotypes... as I get older I have less patience it seems...

Sometimes I do feel that this site can be a little without opposing views... a yes mans club... but to be honest I really don't enjoy the arguments that discussions descend into on some forums... and in my opinion an there is nothing more pathetic than seeing grown adults threaten each other and abuse each other on the internet.

BTW I remember LOKOs too I have a lot of respect for that guy.... Smile though he might not like it here as it is probably too boring... Twisted Evil
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:16 pm

No.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:44 pm