Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
marcinko
Walther von Oldenburg
Cowboy's daughter
PapaDragon
artjomh
JohninMK
Dforce
auslander
ExBeobachter1987
Prince Darling
GarryB
Book.
CaptMorgan68
Godric
medo
Dima
Airbornewolf
Inetwarrior
Voskhod
whir
Morpheus Eberhardt
Admin
DTA
NationalRus
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Monarchist
Khepesh
KomissarBojanchev
TheArmenian
collegeboy16
Cpt Caz
Regular
Mike E
macedonian
DanilaMP
kvs
TR1
wilhelm
mack8
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Strizh
flamming_python
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
max steel
AbsoluteZero
52 posters

mp.net is closing?

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

mp.net is closing? - Page 17 Empty Re: mp.net is closing?

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:31 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Serious question, have people from here sneaked again over there? TR1? FP? Guys?

No.

Then there's hard trolling going on from people that sound familiar.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:38 pm

GarryB wrote:The main reason I don't bother going to pro western sites any more is the utter futility of constantly correcting ignorance and stereotypes... as I get older I have less patience it seems...
    Spot on there, especially the age thing. I'm 70 in a few weeks so I suspect that I am in the oldies vanguard around here and I am definitely getting less patient. I have been a 'high tech' salesman for 40 years so a diplomatic and persuasive manner is fairly deep in my psyche but even that is starting to fall by the wayside. Almost like my sub conscious is aware that its time here is getting shorter by the day so stop beating around the bush, just say what you think from now on.

In a way it is like regressing back to the days when we had just learnt to think and talk, before our 'tribe' imposed its rules on us, often by force or the threat of it by our peer group and its elders.

As to themess, from what DasVivo (thanks for the offer of help) and others have now said it looks as if I might have been zapped by a bug in the infraction system but no-one in power answered my querying it or made any effort to explain or redress the situation (I was only finally ejected not that long back as per my post above) so I can only assume that the type of contribution I made, like I make here, was not what they wanted on their site. Its a shame really as some comments and claims over there go uncorrected.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:46 pm

GarryB wrote:The main reason I don't bother going to pro western sites any more is the utter futility of constantly correcting ignorance and stereotypes... as I get older I have less patience it seems...

Sometimes I do feel that this site can be a little without opposing views... a yes mans club... but to be honest I really don't enjoy the arguments that discussions descend into on some forums... and in my opinion an there is nothing more pathetic than seeing grown adults threaten each other and abuse each other on the internet.

BTW I remember LOKOs too I have a lot of respect for that guy.... Smile though he might not like it here as it is probably too boring...  Twisted Evil

I don't always agree with every viewpoint posted here, but for the most part, I just ignore it. For me it isn't worth making enemies, nor the hassle.

When I say don't agree with every viewpoint, sometimes it's easy to blend dislike for American elite or Government, or who is running the government of the USA, with dislike for Americans in general.

Which some Americans are snots, but not all.

I don't live in Russia. therefore I have nothing against Russian government nor Pres. Putin.

& certainly not against Russian ppl.

& I'm not the most knowledgeable, well-read person on the forum, so I figure others know more than I do, and I also like hearing other persons' firsthand experiences.

But I do think I do have the liberty to disagree here, if/when I want to.

The Mess--not worth my time or effort for the most part.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:07 am

There are plenty of Americans who are not snot nosed teenagers defending Americas honour on the internet that I respect and agree with on many things.

I personally like the American tenants of truth and justice as being the American way... sadly the government of the US thinks telling the truth and seeking justice... as opposed to just lies and revenge and violence ties the hands of an otherwise nearly omnipotent force.

The sad fact is that rather than untying their hands... lying and seeking vengeance and revenge just makes the US look worse than the threats they try to warn us all about... the cure looks worse than the disease.

The US government needs a leader who can step back and take a real look at what they are doing and why they are doing it... if their goal is to gain and retain power at all cost no matter what then they are no better than some of the worst villains of history and should expect the same fate.

Anyway what I was trying to say is that the americans who do post here are civil and respectful and remind me that the people of the US are the potential solution... not the cause of the problem.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:22 am

GarryB wrote:There are plenty of Americans who are not snot nosed teenagers defending Americas honour on the internet that I respect and agree with on many things.

I personally like the American tenants of truth and justice as being the American way... sadly the government of the US thinks telling the truth and seeking justice... as opposed to just lies and revenge and violence ties the hands of an otherwise nearly omnipotent force.

The sad fact is that rather than untying their hands... lying and seeking vengeance and revenge just makes the US look worse than the threats they try to warn us all about... the cure looks worse than the disease.

The US government needs a leader who can step back and take a real look at what they are doing and why they are doing it... if their goal is to gain and retain power at all cost no matter what then they are no better than some of the worst villains of history and should expect the same fate.

Anyway what I was trying to say is that the americans who do post here are civil and respectful and remind me that the people of the US are the potential solution... not the cause of the problem.

Good post GazB.

I swear, you should write a book or something, on political wisdom (not sucking up to you coz you're a mod, it's true).
    Fred333
    Fred333

Post  Fred333 Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:43 am

Acheron wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    Similarly XJ220 is back as Donbasshouswife. Which Gulf trolls do you mean? So far most of them have been banned because they can't cover up their BS enough. Even losculos is banned now, good riddance. Too bad he took AB1 with him, who was capable of exposing his lies and deceit. I suspect Commenwealth won't last long either, he always framing stuff in such a way to provoke flame wars.

Hmmm.... I was wondering where XJ220 went... I knew he couldn't stay away from a thread to which he was glued to 24/7 in the good'ol days ;D
    Still, wasn't XJ220 more proficient with the English language than Donbasshousewife? I guess a consummate troll like him would be able to "camouflage" himself in such a way...

Wow, loscules is banned? How did I miss such a momentous occasion? I remember that his posts a couple of days ago were called out for being BS, but his date with a banhammer is (happy) news to me. That jihadist supporter was a snake. He was masterfully avoiding every question regarding his view on the future of Syria, the Syrian minorities and whether Sharia law should be implemented and redirecting the conversation towards baby eating Assadists and the Iranian "terrorists". Good to see the proverbial slippery snake getting crushed under a proverbial boot.

I agree with you about commonwealth. It will be a matter of time before he slips up and posts some terrorist propaganda which will enable the mods to nail him. It can't happen soon enough. So far he has been very careful about  openly discussing politics and only concerns himself with whining about ebil Russians bombing baby milk convoys and bakeries...

aaaaaaand he's gone
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:47 am

Fred333 wrote:
    Acheron wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    Similarly XJ220 is back as Donbasshouswife. Which Gulf trolls do you mean? So far most of them have been banned because they can't cover up their BS enough. Even losculos is banned now, good riddance. Too bad he took AB1 with him, who was capable of exposing his lies and deceit. I suspect Commenwealth won't last long either, he always framing stuff in such a way to provoke flame wars.

Hmmm.... I was wondering where XJ220 went... I knew he couldn't stay away from a thread to which he was glued to 24/7 in the good'ol days ;D
    Still, wasn't XJ220 more proficient with the English language than Donbasshousewife? I guess a consummate troll like him would be able to "camouflage" himself in such a way...

Wow, loscules is banned? How did I miss such a momentous occasion? I remember that his posts a couple of days ago were called out for being BS, but his date with a banhammer is (happy) news to me. That jihadist supporter was a snake. He was masterfully avoiding every question regarding his view on the future of Syria, the Syrian minorities and whether Sharia law should be implemented and redirecting the conversation towards baby eating Assadists and the Iranian "terrorists". Good to see the proverbial slippery snake getting crushed under a proverbial boot.

I agree with you about commonwealth. It will be a matter of time before he slips up and posts some terrorist propaganda which will enable the mods to nail him. It can't happen soon enough. So far he has been very careful about  openly discussing politics and only concerns himself with whining about ebil Russians bombing baby milk convoys and bakeries...

aaaaaaand he's gone
    Looks like a couple went last night. No public explanation I can see.
    Fred333
    Fred333

Post  Fred333 Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:49 am

JohninMK wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:
    Acheron wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:

aaaaaaand he's gone
    Looks like a couple went last night. No public explanation I can see.

Probably went on a moral circle jerk again, and mods intervened
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:57 pm

GarryB wrote:There are plenty of Americans who are not snot nosed teenagers defending Americas honour on the internet that I respect and agree with on many things.

I agree with that, GaryB. Thank you.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:29 am

I left this thread open to let the mp.net guys say their peace but it is about time to shut this down. We really don't need to be talking about other members of other forums. At the end of the month this is closed so say what you have to say until then.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Long time lurker over there since late 2007, never dares to sign up as they were quite strict in debating various "inter-NATO" issues.
    But their content was solid. After many months I found NOT JUST same BUT better quality here.

@kOTEMORE @zg18 @The Armenian @sepheronx et al I remember your time there
    DasVivo
    DasVivo

Post  DasVivo Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:48 am

Vladimir79 wrote:I left this thread open to let the mp.net guys say their peace but it is about time to shut this down.  We really don't need to be talking about other members of other forums.  At the end of the month this is closed so say what you have to say until then.  

Vladimir, I apologise for having 'kick started' it again and I understand your decision to bring this to a close... I didn't wish to bring about comparisons or anything such so please do not get my intentions mistaken.
    For the People asking about BitnikGR, I've mentioned this place to him and hopefully if he so desires he'll be able to contribute to this community
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:02 pm

I see our little Russian hater DForce is babbling on about "starving Russians" "increasing in numbers" and "ever increasing protests" that will end up with Putin gone and "draconian anti-protest measures" on another forum.
    He has a hard time concealing his hatred.

I called out that piece of scum when he joined up here to troll and gather info to twist. And I'm glad other posters who had to read his rubbish elsewhere also joined in to call him out about his reasons for joining here.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Did he provide any actual proof or was it all here say?
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:38 pm

sepheronx wrote:Did he provide any actual proof or was it all here say?

Of course he didn't.
    His modus operandi is either to make statements without the slightest bit of information, or when called on it, to provide half-truths or links that only show what he wants to portray, from the BBC (which in recent years has become openly and notoriously anti-Russian) or Ukrainian sources.

He knows exactly what he's doing by dropping in his little comments. He had a long history of doing this elsewhere, which is why people climbed in on him when he attempted to join here.

There are many posters out there like him, which has made even previously respectable forums impossible to visit recently.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:12 pm

wilhelm wrote:I see our little Russian hater DForce is babbling on about "starving Russians" "increasing in numbers" and "ever increasing protests" that will end up with Putin gone and "draconian anti-protest measures" on another forum.

I called out that piece of scum when he joined up here to troll and gather info to twist. And I'm glad other posters who had to read his rubbish elsewhere also joined in to call him out about his reasons for joining here.

he is a out and out Russian hater ... he only joined this forum to have his fly digs at the members who remember his antics on MP.NET ....

funnily enough i've been suspended from the mess for 3 months for criticising Israel
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:34 pm

I don't bother posting there at all. Occasional visit, but even that is getting rarer because the same posters are allowed to sustain their same tired, old campaign of hatred.
    Criticism should be welcomed, but a sustained hate-campaign across the board is another thing altogether.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Godric wrote:
    wilhelm wrote:I see our little Russian hater DForce is babbling on about "starving Russians" "increasing in numbers" and "ever increasing protests" that will end up with Putin gone and "draconian anti-protest measures" on another forum.

he is a out and out Russian hater ... he only joined this forum to have his fly digs at the members who remember his antics on MP.NET ....

funnily enough i've been suspended from the mess for 3 months for criticising Israel  

Find out who you are not allowed to critize and you will know who rules over you.

In entire western MSM you are not allowed to critize them which makes it more obvious who those news angecies are belonging to.

The hasbara trolls are so active in the past 3 years online and are rampaging on indian defense forum like they did on mp nuts.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:33 pm

hmm just found out my 3 month long infraction is over ... had a dig about UK's condemnation over the Litvenyenko murder by reminding them of the UK state murder of Snp Activist Willie McRae in 1985 because he was about to release his peado dossier about the peado ring in westminster of the UK elite

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/541793/SNP-activist-killed-over-child-sex-files

i reckon i will get a ban for that for showing up the hypocrisy of the UK
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:42 pm

Funny thing about the whole litvenyenko case is that even when dying, he didnt reveal anything.  And the dossier done, was proven to be false anyway.  So the whole thing is one giant sham.  We dont even need to point out any fallacy from UK authorities, we just need to point out the whole thing was a sham overall.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:20 pm

sepheronx wrote:Funny thing about the whole litvenyenko case is that even when dying, he didnt reveal anything.  And the dossier done, was proven to be false anyway.  So the whole thing is one giant sham.  We dont even need to point out any fallacy from UK authorities, we just need to point out the whole thing was a sham overall.

Here's a worthwhile documentary on the subject:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:22 pm