Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+24
Vann7
Rodinazombie
jhelb
Svyatoslavich
Prince Darling
higurashihougi
victor1985
sepheronx
Cowboy's daughter
jka
max steel
Book.
Walther von Oldenburg
Werewolf
Fred333
Firebird
flamming_python
George1
GarryB
kvs
PapaDragon
Regular
mack8
Abu Bakr al Bosni
28 posters

The Religion Thread

jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

The Religion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Religion Thread

Post  jhelb Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:35 pm

George1 wrote:does any friend from arab countries know the Ibadi school of Islam is Shuni or Shia affiliated? thanks

A colleague of mine in London who was from Muscat once told me that Ibadi is a separate sect[of Islam] and is neither Sunni nor Shia. Most Ibadis are confined to Oman. It seems a number of Shias & Sunnis do not consider Ibadis to be Muslims.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:38 pm

I don't like Judaism cuz it's so extremely legalistic. It can be said that it has no morality, only law. Nevertheless, I very much like it's concept of choosen people - I imagine a religion that would be "Judaism on steroids" - a mystical cult without Judaism's legalistic superstitious BS but with the concept of it's adherents being choosen and telling them to be sneaky, infiltrate other societies and destroy them from inside.

Would make a perfect religion fot the Germans.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:50 am

jhelb wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Respectfully,
    I will not call other religions, and especially not Judaism "disgusting".

I am not sure if you have gone through the Talmud(I have provided some excerpts above, as to what Jews thinks about non Jews) but if you do your views about Jews might change.

Re other religions like Hindooism, Islam etc I see that they do not like each other and are more than happy to kill one another.

Cowboy's daughter wrote:A lot of persons who claimed to be Christians have persecuted, and committed murder and genocide and cultural genocide against persons of other faiths/ spirituality they considered "heathens'.

Mostly people in Africa & Asia who never really understood Christianity.

In my personal experience White Christians are some of the most loving,caring people on the planet.

No, I have never gone through the Talmud, but even to Jesus, some Jewish people accepted Him, and others rejected Him. He was very frank spoken against the Pharisees when they accused Him of casting out a demon by Beelzebub the prince of the demons. He said to them: Mt 12:34 Ye offspring of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

He wasn't calling every person of Jewish faith that; he was calling the Pharisees that.

The first persons Jesus sent His disciples (who were all Jewish) to was to the Jewish people.
    His disciples didn't preach to the Gentiles until after Jesus was crucified, rose again, and went into Heaven and then the Holy Ghost was poured out.
    & not until Peter had a vision
    Ac 10:28 And he (Peter)said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
    Ac 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
    Ac 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Ac 10:45 And they of the circumcision (Jewish Christians) which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    Ac 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
    Ac 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
    Ac 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Also when Peter cut off the John 18:10 Simon Peter therefore having a sword drew it, and struck the high priest`s servant, and cut off his right ear. Now the servant`s name was Malchus.

Jesus said: Joh 18:11 Jesus therefore said unto Peter, Put up the sword into the sheath: the cup which the Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

What I attempt to say is that I am very happy that In your personal experience White Christians are some of the most loving,caring people on the planet.

but when people are religious zealots, instead of following Jesus,....they've ...people have done many bad things in the name of Christianity, murdered, enslaved, etc.

and what I think / believe is that Jesus didn't call us to be like ISIL, putting ppl to the sword if they don't agree with us, or aren't Christians.

He said "whosoever will", which means He gave ppl a choice, and never forced anyone...

Mt 10:11 And into whatsoever city or village ye shall enter, search out who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go forth.
    Mt 10:12 And as ye enter into the house, salute it.
    Mt 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
    Mt 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, as ye go forth out of that house or that city, shake off the dust of your feet.

But yes, I agree with you if Jesus Christ lives in us, then we will be like Him. We won't be perfect, or won't be without failings, but we'll be like Him.

Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

the world ( men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ)
    has always hated Christians but in Matthew 24 Jesus told what it will be like in the beginning of sorrows and end days,
    and He said Mt 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
    Mt 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
    Mt 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
    Mt 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
    Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved
    Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

so God help us.

jhelb
    jhelb

Post  jhelb Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    No, I have never gone through the Talmud, but even to Jesus, some Jewish people accepted Him, and others rejected Him. He was very frank spoken against the Pharisees when they accused Him of casting out a demon by  Beelzebub the prince of the demons. He said to them: Mt 12:34 Ye offspring of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

He wasn't calling every person of Jewish faith that; he was calling the Pharisees that.

The first persons Jesus sent His disciples (who were all Jewish) to was to the Jewish people.
    His disciples didn't preach to the Gentiles until after Jesus was crucified, rose again, and went into Heaven and then the Holy Ghost was poured out.
    & not until Peter had a vision
    Ac 10:28 And he (Peter)said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
    Ac 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
    Ac 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Ac 10:45 And they of the circumcision (Jewish Christians) which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    Ac 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
    Ac 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
    Ac 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Also when Peter cut off the John 18:10 Simon Peter therefore having a sword drew it, and struck the high priest`s servant, and cut off his right ear. Now the servant`s name was Malchus.

Jesus said: Joh 18:11 Jesus therefore said unto Peter, Put up the sword into the sheath: the cup which the Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

What I attempt to say is that I am very happy that In your personal experience White Christians are some of the most loving,caring people on the planet.

but when people are religious zealots, instead of following Jesus,....they've ...people have done many bad things in the name of Christianity, murdered, enslaved, etc.

and what I think / believe is that Jesus didn't call us to be like ISIL, putting ppl to the sword if they don't agree with us, or aren't Christians.

He said "whosoever will", which means He gave ppl a choice, and never forced anyone...

Mt 10:11 And into whatsoever city or village ye shall enter, search out who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go forth.
    Mt 10:12 And as ye enter into the house, salute it.
    Mt 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
    Mt 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, as ye go forth out of that house or that city, shake off the dust of your feet.

But yes, I agree with you if Jesus Christ lives in us, then we will be like Him. We won't be perfect, or won't  be without failings, but we'll be like Him.

Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

the world ( men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ)
    has always hated Christians but in Matthew 24 Jesus told what it will be like in the beginning of sorrows and end days,
    and He said Mt 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
    Mt 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
    Mt 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
    Mt 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
    Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved
    Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

so God help us.

Thanks for the quotes from the Bible. Your views are very uplifting.

Not that you asked but I suspect Trump & his huge support base will not accept your views. Very Happy
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Very Happy lol @ Trump and his support base statement.

I mostly don't listen to The Donald.

but because I agree with what the Word (Bible) says, some Democrats don't agree with me, don't like what I say, & some don't like me. So I'm a person without a political party.

I appreciate you saying what I posted was uplifting. Thank you very much,
    jhelb, & best wishes to you.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Wahhabism i read is the saudi version of Salafism. I also know that Saudi Arabia is against Muslim Brotherhood thats why i asked their difference. I am trying to clear in my mind all these trends
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:13 am

George1 wrote:QUESTION: Can anyone explain me the difference(s) between Wahhabism and Muslim Brotherhood?

All you need to know about Islam..

There is no moderate Islam.. Islam is a spiritual dictatorship . and all muslins whether radical
    or so called moderates.. consider any form of violence acceptable acceptable when is for the cause of defending Islam.

You only need to look at Kadyrov which reject Wahhabis and Alqaeda..
    to understand so called "moderate Islam".

Kadyrov the leader of chechenia ,putin ally .. recently told that that many accuse him
    of not defending Islam.. but he responded saying ,that "not even if the entire world
    burned in ashes ,he will offend Islam."

In other words even moderate muslins have religious fanatism. And are completely intolerant
    when it comes to anyone who offend its religion. So Muslins are not a society that are compatible with Democracy and freedom of opinion ,freedom of religion and freedom of expression. Muslin nature is not secular governments. and this is why the middle east
    and africa and any place you have muslins is the violent Shit hole the way it is.

jhelb
    jhelb

Post  jhelb Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:21 pm

Vann7 wrote:In other words even moderate muslins have religious fanatism. And are completely intolerant
    when it comes to anyone who offend its religion.

How dangerous is Islam when compared to other eastern religions like Hindooism, Buddhism etc? I see a lot of Hindoos, Buddhist in Moscow and UK. Hope they are not dangerous.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:27 am

Hinduism is a religion-nation. According to most schools of Hinduism you can't even convert but you have to be born as a Hindu in order to be a member of the religion. Hindus have no tradition of violently imposing their religion on ohers - no reason to fear them IMHO.

I am unaware of any Buddhist equivalent of Wahhabism/Salafism - while Buddhist holy scriptures are largely apolitical.
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:50 am

In India there are many hinduists who attack Muslims, as buddhist do in Myanmar. Though you can argue that their countries were invaded by Muslims first, so it is true that in both cases they do not impose their religions over others.
    And you never hear any case of violence from hinduist or buddhist immigrants when they are in countries with other religions.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:03 am

Violence in Burma has nothing to do with Buddhism. It's a nationalist war waged by the Burmese government against two large ethnic groups, Muslim Rohingiya people and Buddhist Karen people. It's the Karen who are hit the worst but all media attention goes to Rohingiya anyway. Some have dubbed it a Buddhist holy war while it's nothign of that sort.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Post  jhelb Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:57 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Hinduism is a religion-nation. According to most schools of Hinduism you can't even convert but you have to be born as a Hindu in order to be a member of the religion. Hindus have no tradition of violently imposing their religion on ohers - no reason to fear them IMHO.

I am unaware of any Buddhist equivalent of Wahhabism/Salafism - while Buddhist holy scriptures are largely apolitical.

Ok. I see a lot of Hindoos in UK especially in Leicester and some London boroughs. Most of them are descendants of slaves brought from India but nonetheless seems to be harmless. Not known for committing violent crimes. Similarly back home in Minsk and Moscow I see several Buddhist and Hindoos. Most of them are students who leave after their studies. So no issues there either.

However, we should be very careful about Jews and Protestants. Well known back stabbers.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:27 pm

(Cat) god blessed you  Cool  Cool

https://www.rt.com/news/324901-calendar-orthodox-priests-cats/

The Religion Thread - Page 6 5663f945c4618853468b45e6

The Religion Thread - Page 6 12310531_10206921118659781_7844361866765495264_n
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Dunno where to post this.

Some old photos below. Can you believe it's 1950s Afghanistan? Shocked What a Face Today women in the most liberal neighboorhoods of Kabul can only dream of dressing like this and many actually defend their lifestyles and say they want to live like that. Says a lot what "religion" does to the people and their minds. What a Face
    The Religion Thread - Page 6 135
    The Religion Thread - Page 6 Da_qayoumi1-5b8b00314418a5c4c0f00a1952869c0822858665-s900-c85
    The Religion Thread - Page 6 1950s_Afghanistan_-_Biology_class,_Kabul_University

Cowboy's daughter likes this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Stop blaming everything on religion with your islamophobia look at judaism and christianity. Bitches here would look the same. Jews and Christians prohibit their women to show hair or skin when following the bible or tora/tanakh/talmud, not allowed to talk upon men without permission of men and so on. They are almost identical. It has nothing to do with religion by itself but by people and in what state they drive a society. You are trying to create here a picture that gives this things an exclusiveness to islam and muslims. Go to Jerusalem and see how women are treated in the ultraorthodox parts of town where they cover their heads, walk behind men, are not allowed in busses next to men just like negros in US had to sit in backside of the bus.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Jews do prohibit women from doing meny things. Christians don't.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Jews do prohibit women from doing meny things. Christians don't.

You did read the bible? You do understand that there are still fundamentalistic christian societies villages cities or almost sect like communities?

You are blaming religion, by that very definition they are all equal if not worse in some things. There is no exclusiveness in what bible or talmud says about how women have to dress or how to adress to men and so on, but you make it out to be.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:34 pm

There are lots of things in the Bible and most of them aren't binding on Christians. The Old Testament is almost completely non-binding (i.e. has no lega power) since the Old Law was abrogated by Jesus. Christian doctrone is almost exclusively derived from the alleged words of Jesus and Paul the Apostle.

Christian sects that live by the Old Testament are either:
    1) self-deluding
    2) just plainly clueless
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:39 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:There are lots of things in the Bible and most of them aren't binding on Christians. The Old Testament is almost completely non-binding (i.e. has no lega power) since the Old Law was abrogated by Jesus. Christian doctrone is almost exclusively derived from the alleged words of Jesus and Paul the Apostle.

Christian sects that live by the Old Testament are either:
    1) self-deluding
    2) just plainly clueless

If nothing is "binding" in a religion why follow a fucking religion in first place?

Why not follow just plain codex that prevents you of being a c*nt? No religion has any legal power, just fiction based on rules that proof in a circle to naive people that is unfailable even tho you already proof how it is a failure.

I really love such religious nutheads that are cherrypicking and just calling people who live by the religion as "self-deluding". You are a self-deluding person if you just ignore old testament which part of the bible of your pseudo religion my jewish non pal.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Not all of the BIBle is non-binding.Rolling Eyes Only the Old Testment is.

The Old and New Testament each play a specfic role in Christianity. The Old Testament is meant to provide a kind of "background information", be a "how it all began" type of book. It is meant to introduce believers into the history of God's religion with the idea of progressive revelation, culminating in the coming of Christ. But Christians don't go to the Old Testament for guidance (you don't derive info about current German law from Landrecht either) - for guidance, there is the New Testament, in which the writings of Paul are avtually the most important.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm

I rest my case on self-deluding cherrypickers.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:26 am

Seems like anything related to Islam are taboo in some regions of the U.S.

https://www.rt.com/usa/326374-virginia-county-schools-closed-arabic/

====
    ====

Werewolf wrote:I rest my case on self-deluding cherrypickers.

The normal Christians in this world are practically deists. They belive in Jesus The Good Guy and an Old Man With Magic. But they aknow that most of the Bible are fairy tales, not facts, and at least they know that creationism is bullshit.

For me, I am fine with that.

I am an atheist, though.

My suspect is that Jesus was a social/religious reformer, he saw that the old Judaism law were bullshit and the concurrent Jewish priests were pieces of trash. So he tried to do something.

Jesus still pretended to follow the old law to make his ideas seem legit. But he practically broke many of the old laws and kicked the a** of the Old Testament.

Of course, writings about Jesus were done decades after he died, so it's not like we can get an accurate image about what he really said.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:45 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Seems like anything related to Islam are taboo in some regions of the U.S.

https://www.rt.com/usa/326374-virginia-county-schools-closed-arabic/

====
    ====

Werewolf wrote:I rest my case on self-deluding cherrypickers.

The normal Christians in this world are practically deists. They belive in Jesus The Good Guy and an Old Man With Magic. But they aknow that most of the Bible are fairy tales, not facts, and at least they know that creationism is bullshit.

For me, I am fine with that.

I am an atheist, though.

My suspect is that Jesus was a social/religious reformer, he saw that the old Judaism law were bullshit and the concurrent Jewish priests were pieces of trash. So he tried to do something.

Jesus still pretended to follow the old law to make his ideas seem legit. But he practically broke many of the old laws and kicked the a** of the Old Testament.

Of course, writings about Jesus were done decades after he died, so it's not like we can get an accurate image about what he really said.

^^^ Each person, imho, speaks from where they were born, and what they know by experience, or don't know.

In the USA, my parents' generation (born 1910-1919) was the last generation of Americans who most ppl, not all, but most, were Christians.
    To be sure there were other ppl with other religious beliefs. but all the ppl I knew growing up, no matter if Anglo, black, or Mexicans (Latino) believed in God and Jesus Christ, and that (Christianity) was their religion. Then came the 60's, & the Viet Nam War, and progressed to where America is today, far from where it was when I was a kid. But in the South, (I can't speak for the North, East, or Western U.S., because I don't live there.) There are a LOT of Christians: Anglo, Mexicans, blacks, Asians, & from my experience, the Christians I know all believe both the New and Old Testament, but also believe they are under grace, not law.
    I can't speak so much for Catholics, because I'm a non-denominational Protestant. I know nothing about the Catholic church.

I grew up in a strict denomination: no cussing, no drinking, no wearing shorts, no divorce, and boys and girls swimming in a public swimming pool.
    But by today, all of that has changed in that denomination...

I had a friend who also grew up in a different strict denomination: no going to a movie theater, women wore long hair, and long dresses.

& I've been around Mennonite and Amish some, and there is no Christian Taliban. Altho the Amish are the most clannish.

We went to public school, anyone who could afford it went to college, & my Dad, & my Mother certainly didn't rear me to sit down and shut up, but to stand up and speak up!! & neither reared me to allow anyone to run over me.

Christians believe Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God, God in the flesh, who was born of a Virgin, who came to earth, God with us, fully God, fully man, who was sacrificed for our sins, crucified, rose again, and is sitting at the right hand of the Father, in heaven, and who ever believes in Him, accepts Him, and His sacrifice, is born again, of God, has a new Spirit, Christ lives in them, and empowers them to live for Him.
    and that He will come to earth again.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Persons have MISUSED Christianity for their own benefit, & they will be judged for their actions by a righteous Judge.

Re 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

But on this earth, people are given FREE WILL by God, the ability to choose.....the gift of choice....not force...actions freely chosen...

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I don't hate ppl who aren't Christians.

And...the deal is, we aren't worshiping or following some words written on paper which have no life (that was the law), but Jesus Christ is a living Spirit.

He isn't dead, and He can appear to persons on earth, reveal Himself....

------------------
    Why do you think a Kuban Priest appeared on a video walking through Novorossiya with a cross?

Because they believe in a God, and a Lord and Saviour with power, that's why.
    --------------------------

Ac 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
    Ac 9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
    Ac 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
    Ac 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
    Ac 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
    Ac 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
    Ac 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
    Ac 9:8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
    Ac 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
    Ac 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
    Ac 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
    Ac 9:12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:57 pm

Europe, Multiculturalism, and Nihilism
    by Luca Volontè
    within Foreign Affairs, Islam, Religion and the Public Square

December 17th, 2015

An excellent essay by Italian politician, Luca Volontè, currently CEO of the Novae Terra Foundation and Chair of the Dignitatis Humanae Institute ...

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/12/16161/

QUOTE:
    Most Westerners don’t want to think about the fact that millions of human lives were lost because of the decision to exclude God from public life. It is easier to argue with Putin than to reflect on how the Western world is becoming more and more similar to Soviet society as we progressively exclude God from history and our civic memory.
    -------
    Integration Must Be Built Upon Cultural Identity

By contrast, every successful model of cultural integration has been built upon a real respect for other faiths and other cultures—a respect that starts from the proud affirmation of one’s own cultural memory and personal identity. Common sense, phenomenological philosophy, and the testimony of human history all demonstrate that integration must be founded on respect for both one’s own personal and national identity and the personal and national identities of others.
    -------
    Such cases clearly illustrate the totalitarian spirit of this new secularism. The new secularism is not only interested in controlling today’s society; it also seeks to deprive future generations of the keys to unlock and interpret of our personal and international memory. The abolition of books like Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy, St. Francis of Assisi’s “Canticle of the Sun,” the Rule of Saint Benedict, and the novels of G.K. Chesterton, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, T.S. Eliot, Graham Greene, and Cormac McCarthy will not help society to develop integration and mutual respect. On the contrary, such repression will lead everyone to new unbearable forms of slavery.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Go to USA you will find many nutheaded fundamentalists who have never read the bible but believe in all fairy tales of Noah's ark, world just few thousand years old, Adam and Eva are mother and father of all humans and cretinism is widly excepted among christians there, but of course one group of people are not reflection of the majority but i simply use the same methods as that islamophobic guy that wants to kill all Sunnis which are 85% of all muslims, because minority of some paid radicals or some desperate people who have lost everything and seek for revenage are somehow reflection of all members of a certain religious group.  Fuck logic lets just get on and genocide every fucking religion, ethnicity or political group because all clishees or propaganda created perceptions are now justification to hate and actually to wipe out the entire group. The planet would be far better without human parasites let us make room for better species to dominate this planet.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:04 am