Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

4 posters

Foreign equipment wishlist

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Foreign equipment wishlist Empty Foreign equipment wishlist

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:23 am

which foreign equipment would you like to see in Russian service, but the equipment needs to be obtainable for Russia, i.e i am sure Russia wouldn't have problems getting equipment from China, Belarus, Serbia, Iran etc etc. I will post my own thoughts soon.

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Foreign equipment wishlist Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:39 am

i personally think the Serbian Sora 122mm and Nora B-52 (with 152mm gun) would be a good addition, the rate of fire for Nora B-52 is pretty impressive, but of course Russia has the  A-222 Bereg which is still impressive and a good use of the 130mm gun yet again impressive rate of fire, but the only downside to the Russian Bereg compared to the Serbian Nora B-52, is the range, road speed, weight, size of calibre (see comparison below). As for the Sora 122mm could be useful for airborne forces.

A-222 Bereg,                       Nora B-52
    Road speed              60 km/h (37 mph)                On-road: 90 km/h (56 mph), Off-road: 15 km/h (9.3 mph)
    Operational range      850 km (530 mi)                  1,000 km (620 mi)
    Weight                     43.7 tons                            28-34 tons depending on version.
    Calibre                     130mm                              155mm or 152mm
    Firing range               22km (effective)                 31km - 67km depending on round used.
    Rate of fire               12 per min (max)                6-12 projectiles per minute depending on version. First 3 rounds fire in 20 seconds.
    No. of crew               8                                      3-5 depending on version

other features:

Secondary armament:
    both vehicles have secondary armament, the Bereg has 7.62mm machine gun and the Nora B-52 can have 7.62mm machine gun or RCWS armed with 7,62mm or 12,7mm  machine gun.

armour: the Bereg has no armour and treated as soft skinned vehicle, while the Nora B-52 depending on version - K-I: STANAG 4569 Level II on the front and back, STANAG 4569 Level I on the sides, mine protection STANAG 4569 Level 2A and 2B, NBC protection through a pressurized hull and filter-ventilation system.

I would suspect the Bereg would cost more due to having a more expensive chassis of MAZ-543 8×8 vehicle, while the cost of the Nora B-52 would be cheaper being mounted on a Kamaz, or a Serbian FAP truck (although if Russia bought it, then i am sure it would be mounted on a Kamaz) reported cost of a Nora B-52 is around $800,000.

another piece of equipment i think could be quite useful for Russia is the Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano, i am a great fan of these, but like wise i am also a great fan of the Yak-130 and although both could be used for some similar missions, the operating cost of the Tucano is what makes it attractive to customers. Although it would be nice for Russia to use armed versions of Yak-130 i highly doubt they ever will. Where i think the Yak-130 and Tucano could be useful in Russian service is using them for armed patrolling duties on Afghan border, basing the aircraft in Tajikistan, with the increase of ISIS in Afghanistan and the threat by them against central Asian countries its best to prepare. The Tucano is cheap and easier to fly than a fixed wing jet, and so Russia could also train Tajik pilots to fly them. This is also an area Russia doesn't have an armed turbo prop plane (although in the past some Yak-52 have been armed by other countries). And i am sure Brazil would be more than happy to sell. Cost per unit $9-15 million,
    cost to operate per hour $400-500.

Foreign equipment wishlist 2l-ima10
    Foreign equipment wishlist A29_su10

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Foreign equipment wishlist Empty Re: Foreign equipment wishlist

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:45 am

Boots, Meindl or Lowa. I saw a pair of BTK's FFS it wasn't "bad", but Jesus almighty they looked like a grinder. People tell me that Garsing's aren't bad, I don't know more about them.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:49 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:Boots, Meindl or Lowa. I saw a pair of BTK's FFS it wasn't "bad", but Jesus almighty they looked like a grinder. People tell me that Garsing's aren't bad, I don't know more about them.

ok ive heard of Meindl, Lowa garsings, but whats BTK's and are they any good
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:57 am

d_taddei2 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Boots, Meindl or Lowa. I saw a pair of BTK's FFS it wasn't "bad", but Jesus almighty they looked like a grinder. People tell me that Garsing's aren't bad, I don't know more about them.

BTK group is the current contractor for the Ratnik kits (garnment wise)...
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:32 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

BTK group is the current contractor for the Ratnik kits (garnment wise)...

ah i see, so what is the current issue boot to Russian forces and is it any good, being in the UK you nevr see or hear anything about Russian boots etc, if there any good i might be interested in getting some
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:47 am

DT-12. Smile
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:54 pm

Izumo class  Surprised

Sponsored content