Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

5 posters

So I am getting a promotion and.....

sepheronx
    sepheronx

So I am getting a promotion and..... Empty So I am getting a promotion and.....

Post  sepheronx Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:27 am

So I am getting out of the Loss Prevention; Health and Safety department at work, and I got a position in IT. I will be getting a pretty large pay raise and I am wondering what to do with my money.

Since the company pays for part of my education in fields that can benefit them (as well as myself), so I am going to go through schooling. But there is something else I want....

1979 Pontiac Firebird

I am thinking I want to purchase this (Will need to get a bank loan first). Although, I am no mechanic, I can learn, and it would be nice if this car is in running condition (judging from the mileage, the engine must have been rebuilt). So what you guys think?

Here is another one I was thinking of:
    1986 Pontiac Firebird

Any suggestions?
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

So I am getting a promotion and..... Empty Re: So I am getting a promotion and.....

Post  solo.13mmfmj Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:12 am

Buy some guns with the money.You will have more fun!
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

So I am getting a promotion and..... Empty Re: So I am getting a promotion and.....

Post  NationalRus Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:09 pm

solo.13mmfmj wrote:Buy some guns with the money.You will have more fun!

isn't so easy in canada

a question why you want to buy such old car models...
    Robert.V

Post  Robert.V Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:57 am

Easy to fix, comfortable and stylies INMO. And 50's and 60's era american cars are pretty damn bulletproof.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:14 am

Correction Rob... simple to fix... and that assumes a ready supply of spare parts.

A friend of mine loves old British cars and he bought quite a few through the years.

They were relatively simple vehicles that were straight forward to fix when he could get the right parts, but they broke down so often he usually only had one or two he could rely on for actually transporting him around.

Part of his love was tinkering with them so he didn't mind, but as he got older he got less tolerant of soft tops that leaked and things that rattled.

Now he checks it has a good heater before he buys anything... Smile
    Robert.V

Post  Robert.V Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:28 pm

GarryB wrote:Correction Rob... simple to fix... and that assumes a ready supply of spare parts.

A friend of mine loves old British cars and he bought quite a few through the years.

They were relatively simple vehicles that were straight forward to fix when he could get the right parts, but they broke down so often he usually only had one or two he could rely on for actually transporting him around.

Part of his love was tinkering with them so he didn't mind, but as he got older he got less tolerant of soft tops that leaked and things that rattled.

Now he checks it has a good heater before he buys anything... Smile

You're right ..But here in Europe you can find plenty of spare parts most of the time for European cars. Then you also this days have special dedicated shops for pretty much every old car you can find, that make new parts for this old cars. And of course there are still manufacturers that still make parts for their car's or have plenty in stock. Like Mercedes and Rolls Royce.

I always wanted A Bentley especially the Turbo R (you can find plenty in mint condition for a relatively low price) ..but yeah the whole British reliability is what stopped me from making the plunge. I'm currently looking to buy a citroen DS convertible ...but the color is not for my liking and well ..the asking price is extremly high. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:17 pm