Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

2 posters

Will This Man Be Russia's Barack Obama?

Admin
    Admin

Will This Man Be Russia's Barack Obama? Empty Will This Man Be Russia's Barack Obama?

Post  Admin Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:24 am

A Russian Man Aims to Overcome Widespread Rascism in a Bid to Become District Chief.

Joachim Crima's campaign billboard pictures the African immigrant in a white shirt and tie with his suit jacket slung over his shoulder, photoshopped smiling in front of a winding blue river with the message "Vasily Crima – New District Chief." Except for the Cyrillic lettering, it could be a campaign poster from almost anywhere with a black population.

Will This Man Be Russia's Barack Obama? Ht_Joachim_Crima_090804_mn

But in Russia, it turns heads.

Crima – who has adopted the Russian name Vasily Ivanovich – is running for a district seat on the Municipal Council in the southern Volgograd region where he grows and sells fruits and vegetables, mostly watermelons. A black person has never held office in Russia and very few have ever run.

He has been nicknamed "Volgograd Obama," though the only thing that Crima, 37, and President Obama appear to have in common is African heritage. Crima is hesitant to compare himself to America's new president though he admires Obama for "showing the world what black people could do.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=8247656&page=1

Last edited by Vladimir79 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RussiaRules
    RussiaRules

Will This Man Be Russia's Barack Obama? Empty Re: Will This Man Be Russia's Barack Obama?

Post  RussiaRules Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:44 pm

cool
    I wonder if he'll win...
    Admin
    Admin

Will This Man Be Russia's Barack Obama? Empty Re: Will This Man Be Russia's Barack Obama?

Post  Admin Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:52 pm

RussiaRules wrote:cool
    I wonder if he'll win...

Good joke... the day an Afrikan wins election in Volgograd, the Afrikan Union will be a superpower.
    RussiaRules
    RussiaRules

Post  RussiaRules Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:02 am

Vladimir79 wrote:
    RussiaRules wrote:cool
    I wonder if he'll win...

Good joke... the day an Afrikan wins election in Volgograd, the Afrikan Union will be a superpower.

Haha I know, but I didn't think Obama would win America either, strange things happen sometimes Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:23 am

RussiaRules wrote:

Haha I know, but I didn't think Obama would win America either, strange things happen sometimes Very Happy

Difference is, Obama was near top of his class at world's most prestigious university and was half white, raised by whites. Crima is an uneducated Afrikan who runs a fruit stand.
    RussiaRules
    RussiaRules

Post  RussiaRules Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:51 am

Vladimir79 wrote:
    RussiaRules wrote:

Difference is, Obama was near top of his class at world's most prestigious university and was half white, raised by whites. Crima is an uneducated Afrikan who runs a fruit stand.

Good point

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:23 am