Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Dr.Snufflebug
Walther von Oldenburg
Urluber
Arkanghelsk
Rasisuki Nebia
Mir
limb
slasher
mnztr
Kiko
par far
xeno
calripson
Arrow
PhSt
owais.usmani
dino00
Hole
Nibiru
Big_Gazza
Cyberspec
BKP
ATLASCUB
miketheterrible
Skandalwitwe
jhelb
andalusia
Khepesh
Redboy
Svyatoslavich
medo
Godric
Hannibal Barca
George1
kvs
Project Canada
Kimppis
Karl Haushofer
KoTeMoRe
JohninMK
higurashihougi
coolieno99
Dforce
PapaDragon
Kyo
Vann7
Regular
Werewolf
Mike E
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
Austin
Strizh
macedonian
Viktor
AlfaT8
Firebird
GarryB
flamming_python
TR1
Admin
66 posters

Russia Sports News:

Firebird

Russia Sports News: - Page 22 Empty Re: Russia Sports News:

Post  Firebird Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:57 pm

This was OBVIOUSLY rigged.
    The Averinas are in many ways the superstars of the Russian oops "ROC" Olympic team.
    There was a huge delay in releasing scores, which also suggested they were being fiddled to produce a result.

Personally, I feel like the Olympics feels a bit stale.
    The crooks do themsleves no favour with their childish racism against Russia with this ROC nonsense.
    In Britain competitors are either black immigrants or upper class dickheads who've never had to work for a living. People feel distanced from it.
    The cheating under "TUE" is gigantic in Britain, AMerica, all NATO and allied countries. Terrorising Russia just makes WADA and the Olympics look sad.
    No live audiences make it feel dismal and I've barely watched any of it all.
    In the past I'd watch everything. So imagine what more neutral sports fans think of it all.

As someone sad, today was like Bolt doing 100m in 9.5 secs, then a big fat man falling over 3 times, coming in 10 seconds later and somehow getting gold.

If the Olympics were credible, the crooked judges would be jailed and Averina would get her gold.
    I think its so corrupt tho, there isnt even a proper complaints process.

Maybe its time Russia and partners began banning companies that sponsored the Olympics.
    Suffocating the money flows would really have an effect. I'm sure those who objected to tranneys etc would want to join in the boycotts too. That might shake the corrupt movement up a bit.

GarryB, George1, Big_Gazza, Hole, Rasisuki Nebia and Mir like this post

Rasisuki Nebia
    Rasisuki Nebia

Post  Rasisuki Nebia Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:33 pm

Politics in sports ? oh no who would've thought, F the Olympics honestly

Edit: wow Russia needed one more Gold medal to overthrow crooked Britain, what a coincidence Very Happy

GarryB, Firebird, Big_Gazza, slasher and miketheterrible like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:53 pm

A few years ago a russian pair won gold in figure skating, the french claimed their pair was robbed (evil russians bribed some judge or so) and to please the french their pair got a gold medal, too. I doubt that something like that will happen here.

By the way... not to give the gold medal to the "israeli' athlete would have been anti-semitic. Rolling Eyes angel Embarassed

Big_Gazza, slasher, miketheterrible, Kiko and Mir like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:18 am

https://www.rt.com/sport/531430-olympics-gymnastics-judging-mistake-viner/

This is an interesting article on the fraud.
    The Ru team boss, Viner has never made a protest before.
    YEsterday she was forced to make THREE against the judges.

The fact the judges were taking forever and changing their scores demonstrates score rigging, as it does in boxing.
    But also, if you look back at the Israeli in the qualifiers, it gives shows of what she should get after dropping her ribbon in the final ie far less than what the crooks actually gave her.

Basically, the Israelis score is factually wrong. Factually impossible. ANd clearly score rigging which should result in a prosecution and a life ban from the sports.

Anyway, I sort of feel the OLympics is looking well past its sellby date, with its corruption and especially the Washington led racism against Russia.
    I think the future may well be individual world championships in sports getting a bigger focus. The IOC has tarnished its image so much, I'm not sure it can recover. In a way, thats a shame. But corruption like this is pure evil.

Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, Hole, lyle6 and Mir like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:01 am

Why doesn't Russia still produce top level women's basketball to challenge the US?

Interesting you rate basket ball as important.

How many actually play that sport in the rest of the world?

How do Russians and others feel about the USA leading atop the medal table in the Summer Olympics since the breakup of the USSR? The Soviet Union used to lead in the medal table.

Test for drug use properly and how many American athletes would still be allowed to compete?

Split the US into 13 parts and treat them like separate countries and what would that do to their medal count?

Take away their massive funding and again how would that effect their performance and results?

So if you exclude your competition it becomes a lot easier to win medals.

Get your opposition banned and winning gets easier...

During the Soviet era the steroid loaded GDR was also near the top of the medal count - yet today's Germany doesn't do as well as they're supposedly should?

Indeed Germany should be a powerhouse with the combination of east and west germany and all the extra funding from the rich EU country that is created as a result.

Russia should withdraw from all next Olympics and other countries should do the same. Let them compete alone

That is the problem though.... they would love that...

Maybe its time Russia and partners began banning companies that sponsored the Olympics.

That would be more effective.

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:35 pm

GarryB wrote:

Test for drug use properly and how many American athletes would still be allowed to compete?

Split the US into 13 parts and treat them like separate countries and what would that do to their medal count?

Take away their massive funding and again how would that effect their performance and results?

You can also add that many of their top track and field athletes are imports from the Caribbean and elsewhere anyway - and that goes for the Brits as well.

Given the circumstances I think Russia did very well despite the fact that many of them could not even compete. It is a shame that criminals has taken over this sport.

GarryB and slasher like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:53 pm

So now we have the final score:

Russia Sports News: - Page 22 F7a62d27947b7d9831bc8c1fb878c689_XL

Russia is fifth in gold and third overall, nice spread for a country which was expected to fail at all things but as always it's the amount of metal which is hauled out that counts and that speaks more than any words

All that's left now is a nice little shindig in the Kremlin for the medalists russia

To paraphrase:

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Medals for the brass armor of Khorne!

Russia Sports News: - Page 22 Khorne

Big_Gazza and slasher like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:12 am

I checked the numbers and while number of golds fluctuates Russia had the best score since the Athens 2004 even though they never had fewer athletes participating

Honestly I'd say that the best thing to happen to Russian team would be to have them punished even harder next time because they just keep getting better and more efficient the more the screws are tightened Cool

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:20 am

I read an article that mentioned the NYT tally of medals was based on total medals won, which is not normally how it is measured... normally the number of gold medals determines who is in the lead and if there is a tie the silver and then bronze medals determine a countries place.

Strangely the NYTs used total medal count as their measure right up until the last day when the US surpassed the Chinese in gold meals and then they reverted to measuring like anyone else.

Sad they place so much energy and focus on appearing to be the winners... to the point of distorting the results to make it appear they won.

Do they think the world will see this list and think... hell... they are good at sports, so maybe they are not the censored they appear to be around the world every day...

I see they also lost the Baseball... strange because I didn't realise anyone else played that sport...
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:44 am

GarryB wrote:
    I see they also lost the Baseball... strange because I didn't realise anyone else played that sport...

Japan is quite big on it. In fact they're the only country other than the US that's big on it.

It's so ridiculous though. They included so many sports in the Olympics by now, that the Americans invented and a few others adopted. Like baseball and skateboarding. And then still manage to lose at one of them

George1 likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:31 am

flamming_python wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

Japan is quite big on it. In fact they're the only country other than the US that's big on it.

It's so ridiculous though. They included so many sports in the Olympics by now, that the Americans invented and a few others adopted. Like baseball and skateboarding. And then still manage to lose at one of them

IOC included baseball and softball , two team sports that even they found difficulty to gather 8 teams from all the world!! Fortunately both sports were dropped from Paris 2024 olympic program

slasher likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:21 am

Another way of interpreting the medals count:

USA >> Competitors 613 in 35 sports
    China >> Competitors 406 in 30 sports
    Japan >> Competitors 556 in 37 sports (the host's numbers is understandably always boosted)
    GB >> Competitors 376 in 26 sports
    ROC >> Competitors 333 in 30 sports
    Australia >> Competitors 478 in 30 sports
    Netherlands >> Competitors 278 in 27 sports
    France >> Competitors 385 in 31 sports

Russia Sports News: - Page 22 F7a62d10

slasher likes this post

Rasisuki Nebia
    Rasisuki Nebia

Post  Rasisuki Nebia Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:15 am

If you count HK and Taiwan gold medals US comes 2nd, but it's pretty impressive that Russia even with half the athletes and corrupt judges/scoring and the IOC corruption still managed to take 20 gold medals russia

George1, Big_Gazza, slasher, miketheterrible, Hole, Kiko and Mir like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:36 pm

GarryB wrote:Strangely the NYTs used total medal count as their measure right up until the last day when the US surpassed the Chinese in gold meals and then they reverted to measuring like anyone else.

Not really strange, cuz by reverting to the global norm of counting gold not overall numbers they get to push Russia to 5th slot instead of 3rd.

JYT couldn't resist trying to stick a finger in Russias eye... and the majority of the world shakes its head in disgust as yet again, Muricanz try change the rules to suit themselves.

miketheterrible, limb and Kiko like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:17 pm

A problem for russian athletes is that they have to qualify at european championships against Germany, France, Little Britain, Spain, Italy... Their are specific sports where one of this countries is strong. In the team events Russia was missing in basketball, handball (men), water polo (men, again), football and minor things like hockey and rugby (sorry, GarryB). While the americans have to qualify against power houses like Canada and Haiti.

Also I think that the whole "doping" shit didn´t start as some sort of punishment for Crimea. It started after the Universiade in 2013. If I remember correctly it was held in Kazan. Their the russian team took 155 gold medals and 292 medals overall. Sure, some western states don´t take an Universiade seriously but asian countries were there in full strength and most of the western athletes that showed up belonged to the best in their disciplines. Back then the americans realised that they were in deep trouble if the young russian team would take part in Olympics in full strength and had to do something about it.

Big_Gazza and Mir like this post

slasher

Post  slasher Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:53 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Russia is fifth in gold and third overall, nice spread for a country which was expected to fail at all things but as always it's the amount of metal which is hauled out that counts and that speaks more than any words

All that's left now is a nice little shindig in the Kremlin for the medalists russia

Congrats to Russia on a great result! Astonishing all things considered. Not just the medallists, but the entire team deserves to be feted for carrying the "flag" so well.
    I read a BBC report basically admitting how Russian athletes were dogged by the MSM press with harassing type questions, and that the government had instructed its athletes how to respond. However, no one could deny the athletes were professional and dignified in representing their country (one that apparently did not exist for this Olympics  dunno )
    Just goes to show, humility and disciplined performance rather than brash belligerence by the team, the Russian Olympic Committee, the Sports Ministry and the Russian authorities is what upset and embarrassed the haters far, far more.
    Russia's success turned out to be a positive, stand-out story coming out of this Olympics, making fools of all their enemies.

Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon and Mir like this post

limb

Post  limb Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:35 pm

Idrc about summer olympics. Russia cannot do really well there because there are no good outdoor winter facilities due to snowy winters.

Winter olympics is where the meats at, and theres less opportunity for the IOC to shove in obscure sports that only the US counts as sports like skateboarding or surfing. I won't be surprised if the US demands lacrosse be put as a discipline, so its spoiled old money WASPs can get medals with no competition.
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:05 am

GarryB wrote:
    Why doesn't Russia still produce top level women's basketball to challenge the US?

Interesting you rate basket ball as important.

How many actually play that sport in the rest of the world?

How do Russians and others feel about the USA leading atop the medal table in the Summer Olympics since the breakup of the USSR? The Soviet Union used to lead in the medal table.

So if you exclude your competition it becomes a lot easier to win medals.

Get your opposition banned and winning gets easier...

During the Soviet era the steroid loaded GDR was also near the top of the medal count - yet today's Germany doesn't do as well as they're supposedly should?

Indeed Germany should be a powerhouse with the combination of east and west germany and all the extra funding from the rich EU country that is created as a result.

Russia should withdraw from all next Olympics and other countries should do the same. Let them compete alone

That is the problem though.... they would love that...

That would be more effective.

I think basketball is pretty popular; not as popular as soccer but pretty popular. I think alot of women around the world play it. I would think Russia would send a more competitive basketball team.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:13 am

In some places of Russia volleyball is more popular than basketball
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:36 am

limb wrote:Idrc about summer olympics. Russia cannot do really well there because there are no good outdoor winter facilities due to snowy winters.

Winter olympics is where the meats at, and theres less opportunity for the IOC to shove in obscure sports that only the US counts as sports like skateboarding or surfing. I won't be surprised if the US demands lacrosse be put as a discipline, so its spoiled old money WASPs can get medals with no competition.

They should add sports like Polo, snooker, chess, bowling, darts and long and short track speed skating on roller skates (quad or inline).  

https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/polo-could-be-included-tokyo-olympics-498468

They could add a team medal to Diving.  

Just want to know why does track and field have a 100m and 400m hurdles for men and women but not a 200m hurdles?

https://hurdlesfirstbeta.com/free-articles/issues/200m-hurdles/

There are sprint relays 4x100 and 4x400 but not middle distance relays like a 4x800 or an 4x1600 or a middle distance medley.

https://www.runnersworld.com/races-places/a20805547/put-the-distance-medley-in-the-olympics/
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:40 am

George1 wrote:In some places of Russia volleyball is more popular than basketball

Why is Russia so bad at women's soccer? The US is really good at it. It is because there is a stigma of women playing soccer in Russia as well as the rest of the world?

Russia does have a strong tradition of having good women's basketball teams in that they won the first two gold medals in 76 and 80.

andalusia

Post  andalusia Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:45 am

Firebird wrote:https://www.rt.com/sport/531430-olympics-gymnastics-judging-mistake-viner/

The fact the judges were taking forever and changing their scores demonstrates score rigging, as it does in boxing.
    But also, if you look back at the Israeli in the qualifiers, it gives shows of what she should get after dropping her ribbon in the final ie far less than what the crooks actually gave her.

Basically, the Israelis score is factually wrong. Factually impossible. ANd clearly score rigging which should result in a prosecution and a life ban from the sports.

Anyway, I sort of feel the OLympics is looking well past its sellby date, with its corruption and especially the Washington led racism against Russia.
    I think the future may well be individual world championships in sports getting a bigger focus. The IOC has tarnished its image so much, I'm not sure it can recover. In a way, thats a shame. But corruption like this is pure evil.

This is a good reason why judged sports should not be in the Olympics.

Big_Gazza likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:55 pm

andalusia wrote:
    Firebird wrote:https://www.rt.com/sport/531430-olympics-gymnastics-judging-mistake-viner/

This is a good reason why judged sports should not be in the Olympics.

well that means that wrestling, judo, boxing, artistic gymnastics, equestrian should be out of Olympics..
    slasher

Post  slasher Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:07 pm

BBC: Olympic medals: An alternative table - with US 15th

Interesting study whereby countries' medal counts are measured against factors like population and GDP (sports governing bodies' budgets could be another). Seems a cool way to measure efficiency in the performance of countries' sport bodies and programs producing Olympic medallists. Multiple factors could be weighted at once to produce combined data, but they didn't do that here. What I can probably guess though, among the usually dominant countries, Russia could well be on top if such multiple factors are taken into consideration.
    Indicates a high level of efficiency per medal.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:25 am

And at the end of the day who cares who got the most medals... I was always taught to play sports so you learn to lose and win with dignity... seems it does not apply to the Olympics.

Funny also how the Olympics is not supposed to be about politics but Russia could not compete as Russia... how is that for politics?

Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Kiko and Mir like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:09 pm