Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+68
Big_Gazza
calripson
Mindstorm
Rodion_Romanovic
auslander
Odin of Ossetia
MiamiMachineShop
Kimppis
Hole
KomissarBojanchev
Nibiru
JohninMK
ZoA
ATLASCUB
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
Henrik5927
Svyatoslavich
zepia
Rmf
victor1985
sepheronx
Karl Haushofer
Project Canada
Prince Darling
higurashihougi
max steel
Neutrality
whir
Regular
nobunaga
KoTeMoRe
Vann7
Morpheus Eberhardt
Kyo
par far
Austin
kvs
Mike E
Werewolf
Flyingdutchman
vK_man
Asf
navyfield
Firebird
dino00
Hannibal Barca
magnumcromagnon
etaepsilonk
zg18
gaurav
zino
macedonian
As Sa'iqa
flamming_python
Rpg type 7v
TheArmenian
TR1
medo
AlfaT8
Viktor
Cyberspec
George1
Pervius
Russian Patriot
IronsightSniper
GarryB
Admin
72 posters

Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News

Post  PapaDragon Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:40 pm

''''Russia abandons hope of oil price recovery and turns to the plough''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11929969/Rouble-strengthens-as-Russia-forces-exporters-to-dump-foreign-cash-reserves.html
    Austin

Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News

Post  Austin Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:10 pm

Why did they reduce Turkish Pipe Line capicity to Half , Good News is Western gas pipeline will be done by 2016

Gazprom expects to sign second China gas deal in 2016
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Yeah, they cut from proposed 4 lines to 2 for Turkey. I doubt there will be a Power of Siberia 2 pipeline and just the one, as gas is real cheap now and China would be gaining from it but so far no bite. I think a mixture of Turk stream, Nord Stream 2 and Power of Siberia should be enough. I think at this point, Russia should concentrate then by more LNG development, more petrol plants (apparently Russia wont have enough petrol for the demand. So another petrol plant or two is ideal. They could even export petrol more). And green Energy.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:55 pm

sepheronx wrote:Yeah, they cut from proposed 4 lines to 2 for Turkey. I doubt there will be a Power of Siberia 2 pipeline and just the one, as gas is real cheap now and China would be gaining from it but so far no bite.  I think a mixture of Turk stream, Nord Stream 2 and Power of Siberia should be enough.  I think at this point, Russia should concentrate then by more LNG development, more petrol plants (apparently Russia wont have enough petrol for the demand.  So another petrol plant or two is ideal.  They could even export petrol more).  And green Energy.

Thanks , I wonder if Russia has so much Gas , Why dont they just make a target by 2030 to move every thing on Gas like Gas Electricity , Trains , Vehical , Fuel Energy etc

Arctic is said to have 100 billion tons but 80 billion ton is just gas , So much of Green Fuel
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Well, they are pushing to move things like City transit and heavy rail transport through natural gas. There was a test recently of a locomotive powered by gas and apparently very efficient and powerful. And it was either GaZ or Kamaz that started selling both Natgas and electric transit buses. For cars, I imagine it is a great idea as well. Doesnt quite work on large trucks though cause from what I learned from a local here who converted his 80's ford truck with a natgas engine, was it had very little torque and thus had trouble pulling or carrying heavy weight. But he said it was extremely efficient and cheap to use. $30 would get him a full tank and roughly 900km. Cheaper than diesel but as efficient.

I just havent heard of cars running off of natgas besides custom kit cars or mods. I also imagine cold climates like in Russia or Canada can be problematic when the gases condense. So they may need to be constantly plugged in during cold season. Some are also afraid of combustion as well.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Launched the construction of a gas processing plant Amur
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:09 pm

Russia will create a North-South pipeline in Pakistan, The pipeline length of 1,100 km with a capacity to 12.4 billion cubic meters. m per year, and will connect the terminals of liquefied natural gas (LNG) in the port city of Karachi in southern Pakistan city of Lahore in the north.

In Pakistan, with the participation of the pipeline will be built Rostec
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:35 am

The new production center of the company "Transneft - Upper Volga" opened in Nizhniy Novgorod

More than 300 million rubles invested JSC "Transneft-Upper Volga" in the creation and production center in Nizhny Novgorod. As part of the import substitution program of OJSC "AK" Transneft "facility will produce advanced equipment for the oil and gas industry - cabinets line remote control and automation systems, which were previously purchased abroad. This equipment allows you to control the process of transportation of oil and petroleum products by pipelines of the country.

In 2015, the production center already has made in test mode 37 linear telemechanics cabinets. Currently, the factory has successfully conducted tests of the prototype information processing system (SDI) system for measuring the quantity and quality of crude oil (LACT). Under development of documentation and preparation for the tests to metrological certification of this system for commercial accounting.

In 2016, it planned to release more than 500 cabinets line of remote control and automation systems 24 units of measurement quality (BIC), 9 SDI SIKN 13 automation systems for boilers. In 2017 it is planned to build a prototype microprocessor automation system head NPC. By this time, it will create nearly one hundred new jobs for highly skilled employees, where the average salary is 75 thousand rubles.

Good news. More import substitution, the better.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 am

Austin wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Yeah, they cut from proposed 4 lines to 2 for Turkey. I doubt there will be a Power of Siberia 2 pipeline and just the one, as gas is real cheap now and China would be gaining from it but so far no bite.  I think a mixture of Turk stream, Nord Stream 2 and Power of Siberia should be enough.  I think at this point, Russia should concentrate then by more LNG development, more petrol plants (apparently Russia wont have enough petrol for the demand.  So another petrol plant or two is ideal.  They could even export petrol more).  And green Energy.

Thanks , I wonder if Russia has so much Gas , Why dont they just make a target by 2030 to move every thing on Gas like Gas Electricity , Trains , Vehical , Fuel Energy etc

Arctic is said to have 100 billion tons but 80 billion ton is just gas , So much of Green Fuel

You may be interested in this. Cause it seems I spoke too soon:

I just havent heard of cars running off of natgas besides custom kit cars or mods. I also imagine cold climates like in Russia or Canada can be problematic when the gases condense. So they may need to be constantly plugged in during cold season. Some are also afraid of combustion as well.

AVTOVAZ Reveals Dual-Fuel Lada Vesta CNG

Essentially, there will be a model of Lada vest running off of natural gas. Very efficient and will be extremely cheap as natgas is much cheaper.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:51 am

It was very common here in the late 1970s and early 1980s when petrol became expensive and hard to get to convert standard petrol driven cars to LPG.

There are still many cars around like that and have an LPG cylinder and a petrol fuel tank that allows the car to run on either fuel.
    Rmf
    Rmf

Post  Rmf Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:52 pm

I have knowledge on the matter , not university knowledge but it interested me long ago. I drive a fiat punto on methane.
    We have to separate methane CH4 , then ethane ,prophane ,buthane ,penthane etc.... methane is natural gas- or in compressed form CNG (compressed natural gas) or in liquid at - 180 something LNG (liquid natural gas).....
    propane + buthane is lighter then benzine fuels which they get from oil refining and its LPG - liquified petroleum gas.

Methane cant be compresse under normal temparatures to liquid so it has to be cooled allot , evaporative cooling means some gas is used to transfer it to liquid and to return it to gas in port about 25-30% , so pipes are best method of transport , also this are physical limitations this cant be overcome by technology ..... but petrolium gas can be liquified under room temparature and medium pressures.

The more Carbon atoms those alkane organic molecul have they are heavier , so they change from gas-liquid-solid as you go up the chain- in normal atmospheric conditions.

So propane C3H5 and Buthane C4H7 60-40 mix (the mix is different in winter or summer in winter there is more propane because of lower temperatures) can be liquid with slightly higher pressure in room temparatures.
    Lpg is also good to use because it was burned during refining this way it can be used for practical purpose and its cleaner ,cng is cleanest
    That means you can store allot liquid LPG in those steel tanks at slightly higher pressures because they are liquid.
    CNG installation is heavier because inside is gas methane compressed to 200 bar like squbadivers tanks, so tank is of thick steel. But still not much gas can be stored and tanks are big hevay and car autonomy is low...
    Recently they are using composite tanks so they are lighter but more expencive.

With cng you lose some power compared to petrol about 20% , you are pumping gas into combustion chamber unlike liquid petrol so there is less energy inside it.
    If you use 10l petrol you will use 8KG of CNG (cng is measured in Kilograms because its gaseous not liquid) , 1kg is about 75% price of petrol.
    Or you will use 12,5KG of LPG but have same power from engine. and LNG is about 50%.
    Note that prices change from country to country and during time period.
    This is all with indirect injection cars. vacuum carburator old cars have worse economy.
    also ther is direct injection for LPG from some companies conversions.
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:07 pm

This has long deep analysis , have a look

Will Russia Survive the Oil & Gas Downturn?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Austin wrote:This has long deep analysis , have a look

Will Russia Survive the Oil & Gas Downturn?

As pointed out before, which I will point out to them when I get home is that Oil and gas is 14% of the economy, not 25% proclaimed by the company. As well, it is around 38% of the budget, not 50%. Which was also pointed out by KVS with evidence. These facts cannot be omitted which puts the article (good or bad to our preferences) as none trustworthy or just outright wrong. As well, as Yamal LNG faces some troubles, Shakhalin grows and another LNG is proposed and being funded/built. Baltic LNG I belive it is called.
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:49 pm

50 % is what even Medvedev quoted recently.

BTW sepheronx I see you reply immediately are you always online on RDF ?
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Gas business as usual? The new agreements between Gazprom and EU energy companies
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Saudis Poke The Russian Bear, Start Oil War In Eastern Europe

Apocalyptic pillar of smoke rises over St. Petersburg as fire destroys warehous
    Rmf
    Rmf

Post  Rmf Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:46 pm

thats no true no cofrontation just switching sidedes a bit, russia is exporting less to europe but more to china ,so china reduced import from saudi arabia...
    because of that saudi now export more to europe the oil they have.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Austin wrote:50 % is what even Medvedev quoted recently.

When I am at work or at home I usually have the forums open on one of my various windows.  I do a lot of work in front of the PC, so might as well have this forums open.  When I am not at work or working at home, I prefer not to be infront of the PC.  Can also be coincidence that we both post close to each other.

Medvedev may be speaking broadlly.  It isnt 50% but around 38% if you really break it down.  But it is uses broadly.  I do it all the time regarding about system hardware accuracy with monitoring equipment.  Nothing wrong with that. But when one needs to be real specific when doing a major research, they need to be accurate.  The article brings up ideas how the current tax structure benefits the companies more than the state, and how Russia isnt in trouble regarding the fluctluation of the prices, but they need to be real specific in such documentations as even 12% difference when actually doing calculations makes a big difference.

Last edited by sepheronx on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:24 pm

Rmf wrote:thats no true no cofrontation just switching sidedes a bit, russia is exporting less to europe but more to china ,so  china reduced import from saudi arabia...
    because of that saudi now export more to europe the oil they have.

Precicesly.  This is just what happens.  Nord 2 will help counterbalance as well. Saudis are baiting as well, with the discounts. Once the Europeans are hooked, no more discounts.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:19 am

You are clearly trolling.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PETR.RT.ZS

In 2013, the oil sector was 13.7% of Russia's GDP. As both the ruble and oil have devalued this year
    this number is not going to be 27.4%, so the percentage will be around 15%.

BTW, Russia collects oil and gas taxes in rubles and not dollars. So the currency exchange
    fall has destroyed most of the effect from falling oil prices. When I read all the various NATO hate
    media stories on this subject it appears that they all assume that 50% drop in oil prices translates
    into 50% lower oil taxes. What f*cking retards blinded by hate and prejudice.

The reason Russia has a deficit is because of the GDP drop. Not because of the oil price drop. The
    Russian GDP drop has nothing to do with the oil price drop but everything to do with the inflation
    shock after the ruble devaluation. Ironically, the devaluation of the currency has offset the oil
    price drop.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News - Page 22 Empty Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:10 am

kvs wrote:

You are clearly trolling.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PETR.RT.ZS

In 2013, the oil sector was 13.7% of Russia's GDP.   As both the ruble and oil have devalued this year
    this number is not going to be 27.4%, so the percentage will be around 15%.

BTW, Russia collects oil and gas taxes in rubles and not dollars.   So the currency exchange
    fall has destroyed most of the effect from falling oil prices.   When I read all the various NATO hate
    media stories on this subject it appears that they all assume that 50% drop in oil prices translates
    into 50% lower oil taxes.   What f*cking retards blinded by hate and prejudice.

The reason Russia has a deficit is because of the GDP drop.  Not because of the oil price drop.  The
    Russian GDP drop has nothing to do with the oil price drop but everything to do with the inflation
    shock after the ruble devaluation.  Ironically, the devaluation of the currency has offset the oil
    price drop.  

Austin is saying that 50% of the budget is oil and gas. Not GDP. Which I think you posted something much earlier that showed something much lower like 38%.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Nice  thumbsup

"Gazprom" intends to supply LNG to Pakistan

"Rostec" to build a gas pipeline in Pakistan
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:44 am

Viktor wrote:Nice  thumbsup

"Gazprom" intends to supply LNG to Pakistan

"Rostec" to build a gas pipeline in Pakistan

Nice short term but Russia building pipelines to supply other countries with finite hydrocarbon resources cannot be a long-term solution.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:32 am

Don't know if this has been posted yet but:

"Gazprom" has a program of import substitution in conjunction with the 19 regions of the Russian Federation
    "Gazprom" has a program of import substitution in conjunction with the 19 regions of the Russian Federation. This was said in a statement after a meeting of the board of directors dedicated to import substitution.

The share of Russian producers in the total volume of purchases of "Gazprom" is about 95%, the company said.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:00 am

This is interesting indeed. Russia is getting Argentina involved in production of oil extraction equipment:
    http://ria.ru/economy/20151021/1305946364.html

MOSCOW, October 21 - RIA Novosti. The Russian company "Zarubezhneft" intends to establish in Argentina, production of equipment for oil production, said Russian President Vladimir Putin talking with Argentine President Cristina Kirchner via teleconference.

And seems that Argentina is wanting another add on to their nuclear power plant and a production of Russian trolley buses to open in Argentina.

Seems that Russia is now (slowly) start to involve itself in foreign countries more.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:17 am