Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+39
Arrow
Azi
Big_Gazza
Odin of Ossetia
ahmedfire
d_taddei2
Rodion_Romanovic
Karl Haushofer
kvs
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
Hole
Manov
Regular
Cyberspec
Isos
auslander
miketheterrible
thegopnik
nero
medo
yavar
AbdulhamidtheSecond
franco
Admin
crod
PapaDragon
Airman
par far
magnumcromagnon
flamming_python
Viktor
GarryB
George1
Vann7
zorobabel
ultimatewarrior
nomadski
JohninMK
43 posters

Syrian War: News #20

auslander
    auslander

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #20

Post  auslander Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Isos wrote:They can travel anywhere they want with fake i.d of dead civilians. They all look like the same. They have no difficulties going to europe, from there they can easily go to Russia. Germany is already full of former ISIS members.

Some kind of link or proof?
    Lara Seligman
    @laraseligman
    28m
    Just in: Senior U.S. administration official says TSO is going to unguarded prisons and releasing ISIS detainees - then blaming SDF
    Babak Taghvaee
    @BabakTaghvaee
    ·
    3h
    #BREAKING: I just received a report that #ISIL terrorists who defected Ain Issa prison have armed themselves & are now fighting against #SDF. They are trying to release remaining prisoners. Because they know #Assad will execute them all. Video from inside the prison this morning!

You are joking, yes? "Senior US Administration official" as a source? With no name? Best joke I've seen all day.
    par far

Post  par far Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Isos wrote:Turkish backed militias are releasing all the ISIS people from jails. No one can stop that right now. They will go back to Europe and even in russia very fast. We talk about thousands of released. French had tens of operating soldiers out there. The main work was done by kurds.

They won't go to Russia because they know they will either be killed or in jail. They are destined for Europe. I hope they do a shit ton of terrorist attacks in Europe, that would be such karma.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:19 pm

You are joking, yes? "Senior US Administration official" as a source? With no name? Best joke I've seen all day.

Like it or not, it's the reality.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:44 pm

Isos wrote:

Like it or not, it's the reality.

An alternative reality from Foggy Bottom, maybe, but without a reliable source it's a rumor, pure and simple.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 7 Eg26zu10
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:France says the only reason they are pulling out is because the US logistics train is going with the American withdrawal.  Macron could talk to Putin and set up a new logistics chain if they are really worried about keeping Daesh under control.  Siding with Russia is the only way you stay in this game.  

Working girls don't get to choose their pimps

It's the pimps who decide on the transfer of ownership between themselves

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Turkish invasion ends before it even really starts   lol1

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    · 27m
    ....and Assad to protect the land of our enemy? Anyone who wants to assist Syria in protecting the Kurds is good with me, whether it is Russia, China, or Napoleon Bonaparte. I hope they all do great, we are 7,000 miles away!

@Syrian_MC
    @Syrian_MC
    ·
    11m
    10 friendly jets are flying over NE #Syria now
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:21 pm

@Vann7

The SDF and yank alliance formed the strongest threat to Syria unity. Followed by the Rats backed by Turkey. But now that yank apparently abandoned the SDF, then the greatest threat becomes Turkey and FSA marching South. It looks like the Yanks have chosen their side. Turkey as an ally in NATO, provides a far more important ally than the kurds. And this situation will not change now. So the kurds have no choice but to form alliance with Syria. And from what has been posted, the SDF seems ready to disband and join Syrian army. And participate in government.

If Turkey has strong territorial ambitions in Syria, rather than opposing the kurds or settling refugees, then they would not have allowed armed FSA units into this zone. And also they would not now make any more advances into Syria. Seeing that SDF is disbanding and joining SAA. The FSA and HTS are both opponents of Syrian government. And given the chance, would advance south.

If it was me, I would send the Kurd units to attack any remaining yank bases. To prove loyalty. And seal their deal and promise. Now Syria and Russia, must quicken the absorption of kurds and disbanding of Kurd fighting units. Looks like Turkey and it's supported groups are next to be driven out.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:25 pm

U.S. Cedes Syrian City to Russia in Battlefield 'Handover' as Turkey Tries to Take It

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-washington-cede-syrian-city-russia-handover-turkey-tries-1465112

...The U.S. was scheduled as of Monday to officially withdraw from Manbij within 24-hours, leaving the mostly Kurdish Syrian Democratic Forces behind as two rival factions—the Syrian government, backed by Russia and Iran, and the Turkey-backed Syrian insurgents opposed to it—sought to seize control of the strategic location. A senior Pentagon official told Newsweek that U.S. personnel, "having been in the area for longer, has been assisting the Russian forces to navigate through previously unsafe areas quickly."

"It is essentially a handover," the official said. "However, it's a quick out, not something that will include walk-throughs, etc., everything is about making out with as much as possible of our things while destroying any sensitive equipment that cannot be moved."...

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:07 pm

The SAA are starting to deploy some heavy equipment..

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 7 EG1dDACW4AAtpv7?format=png&name=900x900

PapaDragon wrote:U.S. Cedes Syrian City to Russia in Battlefield 'Handover' as Turkey Tries to Take It

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-washington-cede-syrian-city-russia-handover-turkey-tries-1465112

The swamp creatures are going to pop a blood vessel reading news like this Smile
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Footage of US Military and Syrian Army vehicles driving past one another as American forces depart from N. Syria

https://mobile.twitter.com/RT_com/status/1183833742881763329

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:33 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Footage of US Military and Syrian Army vehicles driving past one another as American forces depart from N. Syria

I would not regard one pickup with a flag as a serious representation of the Syrian Army.

Interestingly the SAA 5th Division, who are absorbing the SDF, could well now have access to hundreds of almost new US trucks and MRAPs. That will improve their mobility somewhat, until they need spare parts that is.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:38 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

I would not regard one pickup with a flag as a serious representation of the Syrian Army.

Interestingly the SAA 5th Division, who are absorbing the SDF, could well now have access to hundreds of almost new US trucks and MRAPs. That will improve their mobility somewhat, until they need spare parts that is.

Agreed but still posting just in case

That article from Newsweek about US and Russian soldiers doing official transfer and exchanging info is far more interesting, hopefully one of them took pictures

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:24 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/RojavaNetwork/status/1183842053790326784

Fresh upgraded t-62 in Tabqa. Test for future russian use of probably the same upgraded t62 that was said will serve in russian reserve forces.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:10 am

convoy of Syrian army has entered Raqqa
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RojavaNetwork/status/1183874858138124288

Isos wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/RojavaNetwork/status/1183842053790326784

Fresh upgraded t-62 in Tabqa. Test for future russian use of probably the same upgraded t62 that was said will serve in russian reserve forces.

Despite the flag, I think they're Syrians
    Syrian War: News #20 - Page 7 EG308xLX4AAb6w_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:26 am

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:34 am

Cyberspec wrote:

That's the Turkish army.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:28 am

If SAA+SDF can defend Manbij, I will be impressed.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:33 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    That article from Newsweek about US and Russian soldiers doing official transfer and exchanging info is far more interesting, hopefully one of them took pictures  
    Yep, don't let that one fall beneath the cracks. Very big.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:06 am

If I was a Syrian pro Assad soldier I would cover my vehicle in Russian flags... the way the US flip flops who knows who they will decide to bomb next... but the least likely will be a Russian vehicle...

Or perhaps the Israelis might think no one is paying attention to them... and I think they wont want to target Russian vehicles either.

Would be interesting if they are testing their upgrades because such a vehicle would be rather interesting with new electronics and systems.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:29 am

GarryB wrote:

If I was a Syrian pro Assad soldier I would cover my vehicle in Russian flags... the way the US flip flops who knows who they will decide to bomb next... but the least likely will be a Russian vehicle...

Or perhaps the Israelis might think no one is paying attention to them... and I think they wont want to target Russian vehicles either.

Would be interesting if they are testing their upgrades because such a vehicle would be rather interesting with new electronics and systems.

If USS Liberty incident says something- jews will target anything and anytime they want. And won't even apologize. Such is life for chosen people.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:58 am

This looks to be the beginning of the end to Turkish operations. Trump has told Erdogan to stop or else the financial weapons, now signed into US Law, will be deployed.

In particular Kobane is now safe from attack. Whether by intent or not this will see the SAA retaking all of eastern Syria, the Turkish attack having broken the US hold. The Pentagon have said that they will withdraw all forces apart from Al-Tanf in short order and probably there after what happens to the 60k persons in the refugee camp is sorted out.

I have not seen this elsewhere. At the link is a video of Pense saying what happened on the call and what happens now. It looks like the US trying to recover some kind of impetus in this morass.

Trump’s Syrian Maneuver Works – President Erdogan Asks for Negotiations With Kurds in Syria…
    Posted on October 14, 2019 by sundance

President Trump has played this out perfectly. By isolating Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and effectively leaving him naked to an alliance of his enemies, Erdogan is now urgently asking for the U.S. to mediate peace negotiations with Kurdish forces.

This request happens immediately after President Trump signed an executive order [See Here] triggering the sanction authority of Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. Erdogan called the White House requesting an urgent phone call with President Trump.

After President Trump talked to Kurdish General Mazloum Kobani Abdi, the commander of the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces, President Trump then discussed the options available to President Erdogan. As a result of that conversation, Erdogan requested the U.S. mediate negotiations. Vice-President Mike Pence announces he will be traveling to the region with National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien to lead that effort.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/10/14/trumps-syrian-maneuver-works-president-erdogan-asks-for-negotiations-with-kurds-insyria/
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:14 am

That was a desperate measure... the Israelis had made promises to the US government... something about not feeding the arabs false information during the war or some such rubbish and the USS Liberty was in the process of finding out they were breaking the deal they had with the US so they half arsed and bullshit story on the fly...

Funny... when they intercepted a signal from a nearby US carrier that a flight of F-14s were inbound they suddenly saw the stars and stripes... and asked them if they needed assistance... the reply was some rather bad language... and then the juice went into overdrive being nice to the americans and handed over all sorts of information they had captured from the Arabs regarding SA-2 and SA-3 and other soviet weapons of the time the Americans were interested in and like the japanese warcrimes in the pacific all was forgiven...

President Trump has played this out perfectly.

Oh yeah, because now everyone in the middle east will respect and trust the US, and this wont help Assad recover the rest of Syrian territory including all those oilfields we keep hearing about.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:16 am

well if the last reports are correct..
    Then seems Erdogan is feeling the international pressure , he don't want his nation economy to be destroyed
    by US and EUrope..  while at the same time creating tensions with Russia and IRAN.. and why he asking meeting with Trump...This is truly chess diplomacy. with Trump doing a major saving the queen move , sacrificing some positions by retreating so that they can continue playing for long.

i always knew that Americans were NOT going to fight  a major strategic NATO partner.. Turkey.. in a war that will take years and can't be won without a full scales US army deployment and put Turkey in the hands of Russia and IRAN.. like some analyst were saying.. if US attack Turkey ,it will be creating a Second IRAN..and major block that will be impossible for US to counter if Russia and China helps both.. and Israel will have another major serious problem  with Turkey in an alliance with IRAN and Russia. and Turkey will also have a nuclear reactor too.. something that will make nervous israel.

Im sure in the future all international politics students.. their final exam will be the Syrian war ..and will have
    to explain in the detail.. the complexity of this war.. and how Russia surpassed in diplomacy ,everything we
    though was possible...to transform an enemy into an ally ,even if temporary ,that doesn't happen a lot.  until now..  the question that remains is Will Putin manage to keep Turkey to continue with a largely constructive relations  with Russia or he will back down and backstab Russia again.. as soon he start losing soldiers fighting Syrian army ?  if turkey start an major full scale offensive , Syrian army can restart the fight in IDLIB too.. which is far more important for Russia base in latakia from a security point of view.

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:44 am

PapaDragon wrote:

The main checkpoint outside #Qamishli is deserted, not even one #SDF fighter on it. It’s over, the whole dream finished, Kurdish friend told me crying.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FerasKilaniBBC/status/1183425547155787777

Mazlum Kobani (Commander-in-chief of the SDF): "We know that we would have to make painful compromises with Moscow and Assad. But if we have to choose between compromises and the genocide of our people, we will surely choose life for our people."

https://mobile.twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/1183459236799504384

Best thing about it is their pain; all these hacks, war correspondants and neo-cons. All these tweets and news stories right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic1Xlv95oDA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avG_3r__-zI

Painting a deal with Assad as a deal with the devil. No, the devil has just decided to vacate Syria altogether.

And you just know that for all their talk about Kurds being massacred by the Turks, escaping ISIS members and betraying principles; what really matters for them is Russia, Russia, Russia! It's something they never fail to mention and usually at the end. And when the SAA or Assad are mentioned, it's always with the prefix 'Russian-backed'. They're incredibly butthurt that Russia is coming in and that Damascus has won.

Syrian Girl is killing it over on twitter:

After giving them weapons for 8 years, now he admits the FSA are crazy and unreliable. https://twitter.com/brett_mcgurk/s

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
    Quote Tweet
    RT
    @RT_com
    · 13h
    Syrian Army meet US troops on a highway as American forces move out from Kobani. Wondering if they waved to each other…

Don't worry about any supposed escaped #ISIS, the Syrian National Defence force has an ISIS hunters divisions. They will track them down in no time.

So they ADMIT, ISIS were "RELEASED" not escaped.

It's over pentagram, it's over.
    Quote Tweet
    AFP news agency
    @AFP
    · 12h
    #BREAKING Pentagon blames Turkey for release of "many dangerous ISIS detainees"
    Show this thread

Thanks for admitting these were pentagon troops.

Perhaps the pentagon should demote itself to a square.
    #syria
    Quote Tweet
    AFP news agency
    @AFP
    · 17h
    #UPDATE The Pentagon has begun removing all its troops in northern Syria, a US official said, after President Donald Trump ordered them to leave in the face of Turkey's attacks on Kurds in the area
    http://u.afp.com/JDfg

Once the Syrian army reaches the front lines with turkey’s Syrian rebel proxies. The neocon journalists and politicians will not be able to support the rebels anymore because they finally admited to their criminality and beheadings. #Syria

Come to the Russian sphere, we have cookies and S400's.

BBC admits the illegality of crossing #Syria's borders without a visa, escaping to avoid arrest.
    Quote Tweet
    Feras Kilani فراس كيلاني
    @FerasKilaniBBC
    · Oct 14
    We are all, dozens of Foriegn journalists, leaving #NE #Syria today.. no way to stay as Assad is back to the area.
    I’m officially on Iraqi Kurdistan now.

Absolute hypocrisy, @LelandVittert
    , the US also supported the Muslim brotherhood in Syria and Libya. The "SNC" were all MB members. Are you really going to act self righteous about the US is being accused of supporting terrorism? When have you not?
    Quote Tweet
    Gülnur Aybet
    @Gulnuray
    · Oct 14
    “I said it was an ill-conceived policy to arm one terrorist group to fight another. And I think its time you stopped this policy. We’re very disappointed that you’re still working with the #YPG outside the zone of our operation.”

Good job Lindsey, you've already lost the Kurds, now alienate Turkey some more.
    👏

😘
    Quote Tweet
    Lindsey Graham
    @LindseyGrahamSC
    · Oct 14
    Just spoke with President @realdonaldTrump.

I applaud his decision to work with Congress to stop Turkeys aggression in Syria through crippling economic sanctions.

This decision by President Trump will be a game changer -- in all the wrong ways -- for Turkey.

Syrian Girl
    🇸🇾
    @Partisangirl
    ·
    Oct 14
    The media relished in the death of Gaddafi at the hands of an alqaeda linked mob. But when it's happening to their Proxies, they start acting horrified.

So glad that soon I’ll never have to see or hear the word “Rojava” again.

Wow. Now it’s Syrian army. Before this it was “regime forces”. #Syria
    Syrian army joins forces with Kurds to repel Turkey's offensive
    The announcement marks a major shift in alliance for Syria's Kurds, who had been long been partners with the US.

At this point the Kurds are asking the US to leave and allow the #Syria-n army in. But they US are refusing to leave and blocking Syria’s way into Manbij.

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.”

Fly your white flag high France!

This is the second time you left #Syria with you tail between your legs this Century.
    Quote Tweet
    Brasco_Aad
    @Brasco_Aad
    · Oct 13
    -Significant-

ALL French Troops have left Syria today.

You weren’t embarrassed about staring the Iraq war, but you are embarrassed about ending a war?
    Quote Tweet
    KTYG
    @Missy10013Kathy
    · Oct 13
    Replying to @EenaRuffini @vvanwilgenburg and 2 others
    What a mess, never before was embarrassed to be American until now

lol1 lol1 lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:02 am