Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
andalusia
Karl Haushofer
11E
George1
gbu48098
Isos
thedrunkengeneral
wilhelm
zorobabel
elconquistador
bitcointrader70
Nomad5891
MiddleKingdomer
bren_tann
mnztr
DerWolf
calripson
Azi
Arrow
SeigSoloyvov
owais.usmani
flamming_python
Hannibal Barca
Maximmmm
mavaff
Yugo90
The_Observer
ATLASCUB
Rasisuki Nebia
Boshoed
auslander
par far
nero
AlfaT8
GarryB
lancelot
Vann7
Finty
franco
PapaDragon
Rodion_Romanovic
Backman
miketheterrible
LMFS
littlerabbit
medo
Hole
lyle6
VARGR198
kvs
JohninMK
magnumcromagnon
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Yugo90

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  Yugo90 Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:26 pm

auslander wrote:Everyone knows where I am. Sevastopol, north side, 15 years.
    thanks for your answer. I am from Slovenia. I hope there will be peace and you can live normal life in Sevastopol.
    Hole
    Hole

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  Hole Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:44 pm

Backman wrote:^ This is why we can't have constructive conversations about the real problems in the Russian economy. Because we have to waste our time trying to explain to ppl who watch the western media that Russia hasn't in fact been on a downward trajectory for the last 40 years.

The Russian economy from 2000 to 2008 , grew more in real terms than China's did. But ppl still log in here and really believe that Russia has been on a downward slide for the last 40 years.

He is one of the idiots who believe any shit the peace loving american "leadership" is telling them. "We will rebuilt country X in less then five years and earn money from it!" Ten years later the country is in worse shape then ever, then the same politicians in Washington appear and claim that they wanted the country to be in ruins from the beginning. If the regime in Washington doesn´t get what it wanted it just changes the goal of the PR campaign.

GarryB, franco, kvs and miketheterrible like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:57 pm

Yugo90 wrote:
    thanks for your answer. I am from Slovenia. I hope there will be peace and you can live normal life in Sevastopol.

Unfortunately friend, peace is bad for American business.

GarryB, kvs, auslander, JohninMK, miketheterrible and Yugo90 like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:03 pm

Yugo90 wrote:

Everything is normal here. All shops, stores, magazines, offices privat and government, factories, restaurants, pubs, service facilities and organizations, everything is working as usual. We are on publik mask regime and no facility will allow you in without a mask. There are zero shortages of anything, but one of the best things the sanctions have brought is Massandrah wines can not be exported from Russia. Means we have to drink it ourselves, dirty job but it must be done. This evening my charming bride, VCO, and I are enjoying a bottle of Massandrah Muskat Roseveh. Nectar of the gods.

We are getting ready for Victory Day Parade, 09 May. I spent part of today polishing shoulder boards, medals, the brass buttons on my uniform and shoulder boards, the silver stars on VCO's shoulder boards. Takes about 4 hours to do all and put the first coat of polish on our boots. Period machines we keep up all winter and Museum at Sapun Gorod has the T34 and IS 2 parade ready. VCO has already boiled my blinding white linen uniform blouse and ironed it to tank armor stiffness. Of interest is her shoulder boards, the distinctive silver boards with purple piping and silver stars for her field green uniform indicates she is Капитан НКВД. Means defacto she outranks me, Капитан Первый Ранг, Флот. Figures.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 34 864abc10

franco, kvs, JohninMK, Maximmmm, Yugo90 and Finty like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:12 pm

What are the ranks in English Auslander? Also what are the medals/ribbons?
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:00 pm

JohninMK wrote:What are the ranks in English Auslander? Also what are the medals/ribbons?

Boss lady and vehicle driver Wink

PS: if it was the British Navy he would outrank her... or maybe not Suspect

auslander likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:33 pm

franco wrote:

Boss lady and vehicle driver Wink

PS: if it was the British Navy he would outrank her... or maybe not Suspect

SWMBO always outranks Laughing

auslander and Finty like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:22 am

JohninMK wrote:What are the ranks in English Auslander? Also what are the medals/ribbons?

Капитан Первый Ранг is Captain First Rank, the equivalent of Colonel, O6. Капитан НКВД is Captain NKVD, later known as KGB, O4. NKVD as low as Junior Lutanant had authority to arrest on the spot any soldier or sailor up to rank of Colonel, at least that was theory. VCO and I are Red Army Sevastopol, based at 35th Battery Museum. I think I've mentioned before who built that Museum and what it was during Russian Spring of early '14.

The ribbons are the St. George. The tiny Red Army Flag is just that, Red Army and screw the orcs and all their 'friends'. The tiny medallion with the little gold star hanging from it is Hero City of Sevastopol, awarded during the War. We've had that ribbon on our civilian coats and hanging from the rear view mirror of the car since 2006 as support for the 'screw the orcs' movement. Medals, all of which must be approved by City Council, Museum Director and another agency, from the left (mine), first is a Navy Service award, the one with the blue/white/red is Medal of Aleksandr Nevski (different from Order of Aleksandr Nevski by far), awarded for Service and Defense of Sevastopol and 35th Battery, Russian Spring '14. St. George/red is Service To And Defense Of Sevastopol Russian Spring 2014 from KPRF (Kommunist Party Russian Federation). The one with the red block is 100 Years Red Army and service to same. VCO's two are Red Star 75 Years Red Army and service to same. The other one I don't remember but I'll ask her when she wakens, she's been up all night with Plyushya and finally is getting some sleep these last few minutes, Plyushya being one of our aging yellows who is fading by the day. She is 16, ancient for a koli. It's roughly 05:30 in this berg.

For Victory Day and other events we have a driver and depending on local situation, security in our Jeep (genuine Lend/Lease from the War). Everyone in this village knows who we are and what we do, but interviews are forbidden for either of us ('Their' rule but we agree 1000%) and it was only in 2019 that one image close enough to show our faces per event was allowed to be published by media but neither of us can be ID'd (another rule we agree with completely). It is a different world here, more open yet more closed than you can dream of. Media are given The Rules before each event and it's a grin to talk to them, politely refuse interviews and photos, remind them again of the rules and watch them squirm. It's never a bad thing to drive the media nuts and they well know that if they violate any of the Rules they'll think cutting fish on Kamchatka Peninsula in January is a summer vacation in Sochi.

franco, JohninMK, LMFS, Yugo90 and Finty like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:47 am

auslander wrote:
    Yugo90 wrote:

Everything is normal here. All shops, stores, magazines, offices privat and government, factories, restaurants, pubs, service facilities and organizations, everything is working as usual. We are on publik mask regime and no facility will allow you in without a mask. There are zero shortages of anything, but one of the best things the sanctions have brought is Massandrah wines can not be exported from Russia. Means we have to drink it ourselves, dirty job but it must be done. This evening my charming bride, VCO, and I are enjoying a bottle of Massandrah Muskat Roseveh. Nectar of the gods.

We are getting ready for Victory Day Parade, 09 May. I spent part of today polishing shoulder boards, medals, the brass buttons on my uniform and shoulder boards, the silver stars on VCO's shoulder boards. Takes about 4 hours to do all and put the first coat of polish on our boots. Period machines we keep up all winter and Museum at Sapun Gorod has the T34 and IS 2 parade ready. VCO has already boiled my blinding white linen uniform blouse and ironed it to tank armor stiffness. Of interest is her shoulder boards, the distinctive silver boards with purple piping and silver stars for her field green uniform indicates she is Капитан НКВД. Means defacto she outranks me, Капитан Первый Ранг, Флот. Figures.

Don't know what you're on about, but Captain 1st Rank is equivalent to Colonel and far outranks Captain, which for the navy would be equivalent to Captain-Lieutenant; a full 3 ranks down from Captain 1st Rank

But of course ranks are secondary to the actual role. If you're in different chains of command and answer to different commanding officers then you have different responsibilities and don't order each other around.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:21 am

flamming_python wrote: Don't know what you're on about, but Captain 1st Rank is equivalent to Colonel and far outranks Captain, which for the navy would be equivalent to Captain-Lieutenant; a full 3 ranks down from Captain 1st Rank

But of course ranks are secondary to the actual role. If you're in different chains of command and answer to different commanding officers then you have different responsibilities and don't order each other around.

My friend, I know this very well indeed, but she is my wife. Soviet Navy and NKVD are both long gone so yes, she 'outranks' me in reality inside the walls of our compound. In the real world, 75 years ago what I said about what an NKVD junior officer could do is correct and true....which begs the question of would the junior officer survive the moments after the arrest if said arrest was at the Front during active hostilities and of a respected officer. I would aver he would not.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:15 am

Hole wrote:
    Backman wrote:^ This is why we can't have constructive conversations about the real problems in the Russian economy. Because we have to waste our time trying to explain to ppl who watch the western media that Russia hasn't in fact been on a downward trajectory for the last 40 years.

The Russian economy from 2000 to 2008 , grew more in real terms than China's did. But ppl still log in here and really believe that Russia has been on a downward slide for the last 40 years.

He is one of the idiots who believe any shit the peace loving american "leadership" is telling them. "We will rebuilt country X in less then five years and earn money from it!" Ten years later the country is in worse shape then ever, then the same politicians in Washington appear and claim that they wanted the country to be in ruins from the beginning. If the regime in Washington doesn´t get what it wanted it just changes the goal of the PR campaign.

It's worst than that, we already explain how they are wrong every time, yet they ignore and repeate

Yugo90 likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:46 am

I could definitely open an onlyfans with all the fans I have here. Truth often hurts.

You are trying to tell us that the all powerful all seeing Americans made the Russians mobilise so they could monitor and learn from them... geez... give us a break... US actions in the Ukraine are better described as chaotic and seriously bad for Ukrainians and on the whole actually not bad for Russians.

Ukraine was never really friendly with Russia and have been getting worse and worse as time past.

Russia bought a lot of their stuff despite alternative productions available elsewhere probably being much better value for money, but they kept buying to keep their retarded neighbour in work... then the US had a tantrum because the anti Russian leader of the Ukraine had the balls to say the terrible offer from the EU was pathetic and only a censored idiot would take it over the much better offer from Russia... in the violence and destruction that erupted the US overthrew a democratically elected government and installed some nazis.... some actual NAZIs into power... Russia took the opportunity to return the one piece of Russian land they wanted back but were powerless to get back. The Ukraine also took the opportunity to cut Russia off from their second rate products... which was painful but added momentum to processes already in motion to replace soviet stuff from service... essentially antonovs and helicopter and ship engines and rocket components... with the added bonus of EU sanctions allowing them to break free from cheap EU food imports to actually develop an agriculture industry... which is more than just making food themselves... it is also about farm machinery etc.... something else they couldn't have done on their own.

Now Russia is clearly scaring the bejesus out of the Ukraine despite their keenness to self inflict mortal wounds on themselves they don't seem keen to follow through and actually commit suicide for an indifferent west that clearly wont back them up if they jump into the bear cage.

The real truth is that Europe has been played and has been played by the dumbest idiots around... the Americans.

The Russians didn't want to fight you or invade you... they wanted to trade and grow and develop their economy, but not in spite of you... together with you... mutual development mutual growth and with US influence you threw it back in their faces.

Now they are looking elsewhere, but they have no hard feelings, they still want to sell you cheap energy, but you guys will support a war to stop it.

The multi pole future where countries respect each other and don't form stupid military alliances to gang up on each other is an interesting idea, but the EU is not grown up enough to be a pole... it is the stick the US welds against Russia to keep them from trading.

But pretend Putin is a moron... he seems to continue to act in the interests of Russia and Russians... can you say the same for EU leaders?

If Putin was in charge of France or Germany or the UK they would be trading with Russia and China... because it would be in those countries interests to do so... he would probably try to trade with the US but who wants GMO food and US demands for this or that?

Continue pretending Putin is a fool, in practise it makes no real difference and you can pretend the country you come from has some advantage and is somehow better...

If the regime in Washington doesn´t get what it wanted it just changes the goal of the PR campaign.

Which is fine if it is an exit strategy... declare victory and leave... but this is just a getting yourself in deeper strategy... if it works then some Orcs want a word over compensation, and if it doesn't work some Orcs want a word over compensation...

JohninMK likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:36 pm

Doesn't look to be a stand down from Kiev's perspective.

Conflict News
    @Conflicts
    ·
    2h
    UKRAINE: The OSCE report that Ukraine have moved at least 1 S-300 SAM system close to the front line in the Donbass region.

Dean O'Brien - BA (Hons)
    @DeanoBeano1
    ·
    17h
    Collision symbol
    The Ukrainian army has violated the ceasefire in Donbass 95 times over the past two weeks. This is almost twice as much as in the previous 14 days - Source: DPR representation in the JCCC

Finty likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:23 pm

They will continue to do petty attacks but from what I have heard they moved back a lot of units.

Moving a S-300 upwards closer to the line is probably one of the most stupid things anyone can do. They are long range Sam's for a reason. They are supposed to provide support further back. And the one Ukraine has won't even be able to reach into Russian territory far enough to be even useful.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:59 pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-holds-live-fire-naval-drills-just-us-coast-guard-vessel-enters-black-sea

Uncle Swine-shit is planning on staging a provocation in the Sea of Azov or Kerch strait. These coast guard vessels can operate
    in the shallow waters.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:12 pm

How? Can't do shit with such a vessel. The Russians can block it, laugh at the US tranny cucks and they can cry about evil Russia.
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:19 pm

GarryB wrote:
    The Russians didn't want to fight you or invade you... they wanted to trade and grow and develop their economy, but not in spite of you... together with you... mutual development mutual growth and with US influence you threw it back in their faces.
    You are missing his ATLASCLUB's punchline or ignoring it. Your comment is naive and individual level thinking that evil or undesirable things do not exist and everyone gets along well.....none of this is even close to being true. When its time to use fists, one has to use fists otherwise take it as much as you can. Russian DNA is defensive and Western is offensive and its very clear in this episode also. This is true in personal life too....rest all is why west does this or that....it has been played out for centuries and not just west....China, Russia, Japan and Islamic countries all have done aggression on big scale in the past. You have BLM and then a black president calmly destroying 2 countries and revered as some sort of enlightened fellow.....people are messed up and they deserve what they/we get.

Manov dislikes this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:35 pm

Shit is happening behind the scenes on cutting off Russians from Swift and halting gas purchases.....first Lavrov and then now EU parliament made statements on those lines. Someone is getting desperate....
    elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:42 pm

gbu48098 wrote:Shit is happening behind the scenes on cutting off Russians from Swift and halting gas purchases.....first Lavrov and then now EU parliament made statements on those lines. Someone is getting desperate....

Do you have these statements at hand here?

I believe the US got outplayed here. Which means that they will either double down or try start shit somewhere else

GarryB likes this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:02 pm

elconquistador wrote:

Just the breaking from sputiniknews but kinda weird first Lavrov brought it up and then EU....so there is fire to give out the smoke in the least....

I believe the US got outplayed here. Which means that they will either double down or try start shit somewhere else
    [/quote]
    Outplayed exactly how? Its the EU that is getting hit and US will gladly sell their gas or make deal with Iran or what not....doubt it will go through though.....too much of an escalation
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:03 pm

elconquistador wrote:
    gbu48098 wrote:Shit is happening behind the scenes on cutting off Russians from Swift and halting gas purchases.....first Lavrov and then now EU parliament made statements on those lines. Someone is getting desperate....

Here is an article... threats and proposals without legal authority to enforce.

"The European Parliament proposes to disconnect Russia from the SWIFT payment system and abandon oil and gas "in the event of continued aggression in Ukraine." This is stated in the draft resolution published on the website of the European Parliament.

It follows from the document that the European Parliament deplores "the current state of EU relations with Russia, caused by Russia's aggression and ongoing destabilization in Ukraine, "as well as"hostile behavior towards EU member states."

"If such a military build-up in the future turns into an invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Federation, the EU should make it clear that the price for such a violation of international law and norms will be severe; therefore, it insists that in such circumstances the import of oil and gas from Russia to the EU should be immediately stopped, and Russia should be excluded from the SWIFT payment system, and all assets in the EU of oligarchs close to the Russian authorities and their families in the EU should be frozen, and their visas canceled," the document says.

The decision of the European Parliament is not mandatory, but is a recommendation for the EU countries.

Also on Wednesday, April 28, the Russian Foreign Ministry noted that the West is unlikely to decide to disconnect Russia from the international system for transferring interbank payments SWIFT, otherwise Moscow will not leave this unanswered.

The head of the department, Sergey Lavrov, also said that the country has a base for creating an analog of SWIFT.

Earlier, on April 22, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba called on the EU to consider the possibility of "disconnecting Russia" from SWIFT. In his opinion, such a measure could be included in a new package of anti-Russian sanctions in the event of an escalation of the situation in eastern Ukraine.

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexander Pankin said in April that the country will use other options in the event of its disconnection from SWIFT, but so far the state does not abandon this system. According to him, the issue of possible partners in case of developing an alternative to the international payment system is not being discussed at the moment.

The State Duma also indicated that Russia is technically ready for the possibility of such an outcome.

The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Communication Channels (SWIFT) is an international interbank system for data transmission and payment processing, which connects more than 11 thousand of the largest organizations in almost all countries of the world."

https://iz.ru/1158195/2021-04-28/evroparlament-predlozhil-otkliuchit-rf-ot-sistemy-swift

elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:08 pm

gbu48098 wrote:
    Outplayed exactly how? Its the EU that is getting hit and US will gladly sell their gas or make deal with Iran or what not....doubt it will go through though.....too much of an escalation

The top two EU membership are now making deals with the Russians - Americans are excluded - to save the NS2 project that this whole circus was bound to torpedo
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:14 pm

elconquistador wrote:
    The top two EU membership are now making deals with the Russians - Americans are excluded - to save the NS2 project that this whole circus was bound to torpedo
    What deals? Everyone has shown their cards now....issue is bigger than NS2 now and partnership even at its least common denominator of selling gas based on their rules also seems to have unquantifiable risks. Basically very minimal practical working relations now between west and Russia. Doesn't take a whole lot to see all these expulsions and now swift talk and what not....slow but serious escalations
    elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:44 pm

gbu48098 wrote:
    elconquistador wrote:
    What deals? Everyone has shown their cards now....issue is bigger than NS2 now and partnership even at its least common denominator of selling gas based on their rules also seems to  have unquantifiable risks. Basically very minimal practical working relations now between west and Russia. Doesn't take a whole lot to see all these expulsions and now swift talk and what not....slow but serious escalations

Behind the door deals.

NS2 will be completed in less than two months and that in itself will mean that the German and to a lesser extent the French economy will get even more dependent on Russia

Everything else is just background noise. Bytheway did you notice the Czechs were very disappointed by the lack of support from the main EU states?

GarryB and flamming_python like this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:03 pm

[quote="elconquistador"]
    gbu48098 wrote:

NS2 will be completed in less than two months and that in itself will mean that the German and to a lesser extent the French economy will get even more dependent on Russia

Everything else is just background noise. Bytheway did you notice the Czechs were very disappointed by the lack of support from the main EU states?
    Whether it gets done or not should not really give Russia that much comfort.....only signs to watch is if Russia compromises on anything as west and EU play their strategy because that is the whole point of escalation not that they care for Ukrainians or their sovereignty. Hard to imagine they would stop buying gas totally all of a sudden, so it is just to try and get leverage in negotiations.....Aren't central euro and baltics always disappointed?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:18 am