Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
andalusia
Karl Haushofer
11E
George1
gbu48098
Isos
thedrunkengeneral
wilhelm
zorobabel
elconquistador
bitcointrader70
Nomad5891
MiddleKingdomer
bren_tann
mnztr
DerWolf
calripson
Azi
Arrow
SeigSoloyvov
owais.usmani
flamming_python
Hannibal Barca
Maximmmm
mavaff
Yugo90
The_Observer
ATLASCUB
Rasisuki Nebia
Boshoed
auslander
par far
nero
AlfaT8
GarryB
lancelot
Vann7
Finty
franco
PapaDragon
Rodion_Romanovic
Backman
miketheterrible
LMFS
littlerabbit
medo
Hole
lyle6
VARGR198
kvs
JohninMK
magnumcromagnon
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

franco
    franco

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  franco Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:34 pm

Kiev will quit conquering the Donbass with ideological Nazis.

The Armed Forces of Ukraine continue to form a "strike fist" in the Donetsk and Luhansk directions

Kiev does not seek to de-escalate the conflict in Donbass and continues to transfer military equipment and weapons to the line of contact. This was stated by the official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova .

This is how the representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry commented on the recent blog post by the head of European diplomacy, Josep Borrell , where he writes about "Russian aggression" against Ukraine and about Kiev's "restrained reaction" to it.

“What kind of“ restrained reaction ”and, even more so,“ steps towards a settlement ”of the Kiev authorities can be spoken about in conditions when weapons and equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are actively being drawn to the contact line, and the suburbs of Donetsk are daily bombarded with Ukrainian shells and mines, which kill civilians. residents, including children? "  - noted Zakharova.

The diplomat also stressed that Europe not only closes the head on the mood of Kiev to resolve the conflict in Donbass by force, but also "willy-nilly" supports them.

Earlier on the air of the Donetsk TV channel "Union", a political scientist, leader of the "Essence of Time" movement Sergei Kurginyan spoke about the fact that the tension in Donbass does not subside .

According to him, the negotiation process seems to be continuing, but the real situation remains extremely alarming. The West and Ukraine are creating more and more tensions on the border of the people's republics, and they, in the words of the expert, "do not subside, but intensify."

“From the news feed it follows that the situation is starting to smell more and more of something bad ,” stated Kurginyan.

In fact, reports of new additions to the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the so-called "OOS" zone come almost daily.

The Telegram channel "Summaries from the Novorossiya militia" with reference to the report of the OSCE special monitoring mission of April 21 and 22, informs that the Ukrainian army is transferring self-propelled howitzers and tank units to Donetsk. Fifty T-64 vehicles, this is a whole tank brigade.

Military correspondent Semyon Pegov in his TC WarGonzo writes about eight Tochka U missile systems, which the Ukrainian Armed Forces deployed in the area of ​​the cities of Rubezhnoye and Lisichansk. According to him, the complexes arrived from the Chernihiv region along with a load of ammunition and support vehicles.

Pulling heavy equipment to the front line, the Armed Forces of Ukraine continue to simultaneously iron the territory of the DPR and LPR from artillery, mortars and heavy machine guns.

Over the past week, 29 settlements of the Donetsk People's Republic were shelled from the Ukrainian side, said the deputy head of the People's Militia of the DPR Eduard Basurin . They beat me on the outskirts of Donetsk, Gorlovka and Yasinovataya, as well as villages in the Novoazovsky district. During the shelling, two servicemen of the People's Militia of the DPR were killed. In addition, a resident of the settlement of the Trudovskaya mine was seriously wounded in the head.

The fact that Kiev is not going to calm down can be evidenced by the fact that Right Sector * is now actively recruiting volunteers into the troops.

According to the official representative of the People's Militia of the LPR Yakov Osadchiy , there is information that an agreement has been reached between the leadership of the forces of the so-called "OOS" and this nationalist organization to replenish the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine at the expense of right-wing radicals in the event of active hostilities.

That is, the situation is really alarming. And the withdrawal of Russian troops from the southwestern borders to their main bases, which began on April 23, did not in the least defuse the situation. Moreover, the insane leadership of Ukraine took credit for this and is now rushing into battle with even greater zeal.

In such a situation, will the people's republics have what to answer?

- The situation in Donbass is now really tense, I would even say, stably tense, - military expert Vladislav Shurygin shares his opinion . “But this tension is not yet on the scale that, for example, was a year ago before the conclusion of the summer truce.

Moreover, if Ukraine nevertheless decides to carry out what it tried, but was scared, and now thought that Russia, perhaps, withdrew its troops and could be in time, then this will be exactly what the president was talking about. There will be no present Ukraine in the form in which we know it.

And they will drive at least eight Tochka complexes on the way, at least ten, fifty or eighty thousand will be their army ...

We have a whole Western District and three Russian armies nearby, not counting two Donetsk corps. If someone in this case has some kind of crazy illusion, then let them try. They will be left without an army at all and without "Tochki".

By itself, weapons do not fight. The system is at war. The military system of Russia and the Ukrainian military system, they are not comparable, approximately, like the "Zaporozhets" with a tank.

Nobody thinks that the United States will seriously fight with us over Ukraine. They will begin to urge - it will be what I have already said. They will not, Ukraine itself will not jerk forward.

I repeat: we have already said everything that needs to be said. Yes, we are now returning troops to their places of permanent deployment. This point of permanent deployment is located at a distance of 100-200 km from the places where they were. To return them back is two or three days.

To be honest, I would even cynically dream that Ukraine would still take and twitch. Then, finally, this abscess will be finally opened.

Director of the Center for Public and Information Cooperation "Europe" Eduard Popov, in turn, believes that in the near future there will be no full-scale hostilities in the Donbass.

- Some experts perceive the concentration of Ukrainian troops, the intensification of shelling as preparation for war. This is the wrong criterion. War usually starts out of the blue. Let's remember the attack of Nazi Germany on the USSR.

Therefore, if Ukraine now wanted to attack, it would not intensify the shelling and would not so demonstratively pull reserves to the line of contact of the parties, but did it covertly, masking the concentration of troops. Ukraine, on the contrary, does everything in a demonstrative and deliberate manner.

In my opinion, this is a threat of pressure. The threat of war, which is often worse than the war itself.

Zelenskiy is a weak politician, but he is not an idiot. War is contraindicated for him, he remembers the experience of Georgia. He is quite satisfied with the current situation - no war, no peace.

As soon as something starts, he, at best, will be removed from power, and at worst he will, like Saakashvili , chew his tie and try to escape to the West. Therefore, why should he risk his position, and, perhaps, his life.

"SP" - So Zelensky does not decide whether to be at war or not. He is not an independent figure.

- It is clear that decisions on Ukraine are made not in Ukraine, but in Washington. But for the Americans, the war with Russia by the hands of the Ukrainians is now also unprofitable.

It seems to me that the new US administration and Russia are bargaining over a very complex and wide range of issues. Therefore, they are unlikely to want to break the dialogue that has just begun. Their goal is to push Russia on the strategic front, at different levels, at different points of contact and theaters of military operations.

Ukraine will be let off the leash if the dialogue ends in nothing for the Americans and they do not get what they want.

Kiev is just waiting in the wings. And the Americans are holding their finger on a button called "Start the war in the Donbass." But the time has not yet come to press it.

Ukraine is just an American weapon, blind, obedient, inexpensive.

"SP": - It turns out that the threat of military escalation remains in any case?

- Yes, but precisely in the context of the war of Ukraine against Russia. I said that this is a matter of time six years ago.

And, perhaps, I will nevertheless tend to the point of view that, most likely, this will happen this year. But until the Americans try to get the maximum concessions from Moscow, they will not give the order to the Ukrainian jackals to launch an offensive in the Donbass.

Now it is not profitable for them. Because Donbass is for Biden as a factor of pressure on Moscow. And if everything goes into a military phase, then this factor will cease to be a factor of influence on Russia.

Russia will stand up for Donbass. There can be no doubt.

The Americans understand this, so it is more profitable for them to threaten Russia with the threat of war in the Donbass, and not start it. But it will begin if the dialogue does not lead to the desired result in the understanding of the Americans. In other words, Russia must resignedly accept all the conditions put forward by the American side.

"SP": - They are counting on it in vain ...

- They are counting in vain. But they will push through. Including using the so-called "liberal intelligentsia". In Russia, the mass of officials, professors and heads of universities are the American "fifth column". And the Ukrainian agents, which will undoubtedly support Kiev, are full not only in the capital's universities, but also in the regions.

The Americans are also well aware of this and are already using it to sway the internal political situation in the country from within.

And the war will start suddenly and, most likely, with the offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Donbass, because Donbass is the weak link. He cannot cope with Ukraine alone.

The Ukrainian army is no longer the same as in 2014; it has significantly increased its combat experience and combat readiness. The first breakthrough parts have been created there, they are very professional and motivated. Americans, British, Canadians, French, Poles trained Ukrainian soldiers, especially saboteurs, for a reason. Therefore, if a clash occurs, then the events of 2014 will seem like an easy reconnaissance in force in terms of the level of losses.

* Ukrainian extremist and terrorist organizations banned in the Russian Federation: "Right Sector", "Ukrainian Insurgent Army" (UPA), "UNA-UNSO", "Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people", "Brotherhood" of Korchinsky, "Tryzub im. Stepan Bandera ”,“ Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists ”(OUN), C14 (Sich), VO“ Svoboda ”.

https://bljfqfkmcmtpqhdzogj2p7rftu-ac4c6men2g7xr2a-svpressa-ru.translate.goog/war21/article/296536/?utm_source=warfiles.ru

auslander, JohninMK, VARGR198 and Finty like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 33 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Keeping Russia on war footing for a month or two would be something I would do if I had those chips on my table. It's a good dick waving move, and stress inducer on the target. Clearly the Americans agree which is why they're doing it. The War starts when they decide, in whichever way they want it to.

Looks like recalibration to me. Lil Putin talking about red lines in his recent speech was embarrassing to read. His prime as a politician is clearly over.

Backman dislikes this post

nero

Post  nero Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:54 pm

ATLASCUB wrote:would be something I would do

You wouldn't be allowed to run a lemonade stand, let alone make any decisions in Russia.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, kvs, LMFS, Hole, lyle6 and Backman like this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:11 pm

ATLASCUB wrote:Keeping Russia on war footing for a month or two would be something I would do if I had those chips on my table. It's a good dick waving move, and stress inducer on the target. Clearly the Americans agree which is why they're doing it. The War starts when they decide, in whichever way they want it to.

Looks like recalibration to me. Lil Putin talking about red lines in his recent speech was embarrassing to read. His prime as a politician is clearly over.
    As I see it, they got azov access closed which was becoming a nuisance with that bridge being possibly threatened...thats a plus....but Nato is also more or less settling in for long time in Ukraine and NS2 climax is still pending but its not looking good with Germany indicating a change in stance to freeze it. Russia seems to be finally takign a hard stance...first not calling that annoying "partners" and so on....
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:37 am

I would love to see NSII cancelled by Germany... they are the country that benefits most from it.

Once they cancel I would complete it to Kaliningrad and just supply cheap gas to some Russians.

No transit fees, just straight to Kaliningrad... they could disconnect from the existing EU pipeline too.

The EU wants to be green and save the planet... so let them turn blue in the winter... maybe that will get the people up in arms over the stupid short sighted decisions their leaders have been making for them the last few decades because they certainly have not been too worried about the people of the EU so far.

Russia is hardly on a war footing, they just held an exercise which is now over... and it seemed to go rather well... they are a much better prepared and trained and equipped force than they were in 2008 in South Ossetia.

It is funny though... if Russian troops weren't prepared and something happened it would be Putins fault for being surprised... he is clearly ready for anything to happen but now he is wasting money and energy...

kvs and Yugo90 like this post

Yugo90

Post  Yugo90 Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:56 am

GarryB wrote:I would love to see NSII cancelled by Germany... they are the country that benefits most from it.

Once they cancel I would complete it to Kaliningrad and just supply cheap gas to some Russians.

No transit fees, just straight to Kaliningrad... they could disconnect from the existing EU pipeline too.

The EU wants to be green and save the planet... so let them turn blue in the winter... maybe that will get the people up in arms over the stupid short sighted decisions their leaders have been making for them the last few decades because they certainly have not been too worried about the people of the EU so far.

Russia is hardly on a war footing, they just held an exercise which is now over... and it seemed to go rather well... they are a much better prepared and trained and equipped force than they were in 2008 in South Ossetia.

It is funny though... if Russian troops weren't prepared and something happened it would be Putins fault for being surprised... he is clearly ready for anything to happen but now he is wasting money and energy...
    In the end europeans will have to pay more for non russian gas....because of stupid EU/US games...
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:24 pm

GarryB wrote:I would love to see NSII cancelled by Germany... they are the country that benefits most from it.
    Sovereign countries not being able to make their own decisions and forming blocks like EU and what not is never a good thing for these exact reasons. Solidarity is the most stupid thing and hope Russia does not do any deep integrations whether its economy or defence if they learned their lesson from soviet experience again. Atleast UK did well by getting of that shit, baby step but first step.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:16 pm

https://youtu.be/SEaDR1kC9bQ

Interview (in Russian with Italian subtitles) to the locals in the village of trudovskie, near the contact line in the donbass
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:42 pm

Over the last two months, 82 per cent of SMM long-range UAV flights encountered GPS signal interference. Read more in the latest Status Report:

https://www.osce.org/special-monitoring-mission-to-ukraine/484637

https://twitter.com/OSCE_SMM/status/1385626388892430339

Also:
    American drone RQ-4A Global Hawk lost contact near the Russian border
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 33 1619335040_snimok

Finty likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:44 pm

Would be nice if it landed in Russia for their enjoyment
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:04 am

miketheterrible wrote:Would be nice if it landed in Russia for their enjoyment
    Must have self destruct mode.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:26 am

JohninMK wrote:
    Must have self destruct mode.

A self-destruct mode for the Global Hawk, but not for the more covert RQ-170?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:07 am

No point doing this peacetime. Do it when it counts. For now, disrupting their dick waving is good enough.

These drones have automatic return software when they lose remote control. Russia can probably crack their security to
    hijack them, but that creates an "international incident" where NATzO starts posturing as the victim of Russian "aggression".

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:31 am

^ There must be a grey area for electronic interference compared to kinetic action like a shootdown. Russia should try and take one over or disable it and crash it. They couldn't prove what happened.

That's basically what happened with the Iran drone. The US just admitted that they lost a drone. They didn't accuse Iran of aggression.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:36 am

Backman wrote:^ There must be a grey area for electronic interference compared to kinetic action like a shootdown. Russia should try and take one over or disable it and crash it. They couldn't prove what happened.

That's basically what happened with the Iran drone. The US just admitted that they lost a drone. They didn't accuse Iran of aggression.

Nobody in the west expected the Iranians to pull it off, so they did not admit that Iran succeeded in the hijack. In the case of Russia it is
    different propaganda game.

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:43 am

gbu48098 wrote:
    Sovereign countries not being able to make their own decisions and forming blocks like EU and what not is never a good thing for these exact reasons. Solidarity is the most stupid thing and hope Russia does not do any deep integrations whether its economy or defence if they learned their lesson from soviet experience again. Atleast UK did well by getting of that shit, baby step but first step.
    The UK is not a part of the continent and should never have joined. Degaulle tried yo convince them not to because he knew they'd be nothing but trouble.

Americans think that the EU is unpopular just because they trash it in their media 24/7 to make themselves feel good. The main problem with the EU is the US's manipulation and leadership of it.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:34 am

The concept of the EU is sound if it remains economic only... when you add a political element to it and appoint leadership rather than vote them in then that leads to trouble.

The UK leaving the EU is like the Ukraine cutting ties with Russia... their economies are too closely linked and just cutting them without another country to buy from or sell to that can replace what you are losing is very short sighted and will be painful for both sides.

The idea of the EU is good, the implementation is terrible and is more likely to do what it is told from the US than what is best for its own citizens in the small countries and the big ones.

NSII was a deal between Germany and Russia, the rest of the EU was not involved, but it will be the EU paying more for gas, which will negatively effect their production which is a big part of their economy.

Yugo90 and Backman like this post

gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Backman wrote:
    The UK is not a part of the continent and should never have joined. Degaulle tried yo convince them not to because he knew they'd be nothing but trouble.
    Nations as long as they exist especially in modern era based on democracy and what not should not go into blocks that supersede their laws....current EU is the logical conclusion of power grab and same with NATO. Eventually they dilute themselves, become irrelevant and lose focus. NATO is less powerful with pulling in all those old w-pact countries than before, same with EU. UK is not part of Europe or continent does not have the weight other than technicality of Geography. They were a euro power by themselves for too long and should have remained that way.
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:23 pm

GarryB wrote:
    NSII was a deal between Germany and Russia, the rest of the EU was not involved, but it will be the EU paying more for gas, which will negatively effect their production which is a big part of their economy.

That pipeline access law was EU law I believe....EU is involved in everything including changing dipers.
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:26 pm

Backman wrote:^ There must be a grey area for electronic interference compared to kinetic action like a shootdown. Russia should try and take one over or disable it and crash it. They couldn't prove what happened.

That is the point of drones, even if they did capture it....its less of an event than if it were piloted plane like U-2 or somethign else were to be shot down. Offensive strategies are not based on fear of loss....I am sure capturing or downing was thought through when drones are designed and deployed by countries
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:27 pm

nero wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:would be something I would do

You wouldn't be allowed to run a lemonade stand, let alone make any decisions in Russia.

I meant U.S strategists forcing it, not Russia's leadership doing it. It's pretty clear where Russian decision making of the last 40 or so years has gotten Russians. It's almost as if... you shouldn't even aspire to it. Angry little men.

The only reason Russia mobilized is because the U.S wanted it to happen. Simple as that. If you're the U.S and you could stretch the duration why not? Always a great boon for intelligence gathering among a myriad of other things. A hunter playing with big game prey. To even consider how cheap they got Ukraine. Remember the cookies?... Literally for cookies. Russians turned cannon fodder against other Russians. The totality of the brain damage after constant psychological warfare forced upon them for decades is so significant that you have Russians claiming the other folk like them aren't really Russians... in other words, a broken tribe. A masterclass on political subversion, psychological warfare, social engineering and the crossing of "red lines"....  but remember, the "West" are the stupid ones (Russian propaganda is a fun read in that regard).

Anyway.. duly noted...

I could definitely open an onlyfans with all the fans I have here. Truth often hurts.

Finty likes this post

Backman dislikes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:33 pm

^ This is why we can't have constructive conversations about the real problems in the Russian economy. Because we have to waste our time trying to explain to ppl who watch the western media that Russia hasn't in fact been on a downward trajectory for the last 40 years.

The Russian economy from 2000 to 2008 , grew more in real terms than China's did. But ppl still log in here and really believe that Russia has been on a downward slide for the last 40 years.

miketheterrible and Hole like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:06 pm

For those of you who think the beating of the war drums has receded in to the distance, clean your ears and listen, they haven't faded in the least. We were out and about this afternoon, only in our district and a small part of another district. The silence was deafening, it was like being in a two cow one tractor village out in the middle of nowhere, not on busy North Side, not on hectic Ulitsiya Bogdanova, not at clogged and jammed ferry landing. What we didn't see and didn't hear should tell reams. The attached article and site are clean, the article succinct and poignant. Read it and think. I will neither confirm nor deny anything in that article so don't even ask, nor will I confirm nor deny what we did and did not see and hear on this day.

https://ukraina.ru/opinion/20210424/1031228888.html

franco, Yugo90, Backman and Finty like this post

Yugo90

Post  Yugo90 Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:17 pm

auslander wrote:For those of you who think the beating of the war drums has receded in to the distance, clean your ears and listen, they haven't faded in the least. We were out and about this afternoon, only in our district and a small part of another district. The silence was deafening, it was like being in a two cow one tractor village out in the middle of nowhere, not on busy North Side, not on hectic Ulitsiya Bogdanova, not at clogged and jammed ferry landing. What we didn't see and didn't hear should tell reams. The attached article and site are clean, the article succinct and poignant. Read it and think. I will neither confirm nor deny anything in that article so don't even ask, nor will I confirm nor deny what we did and did not see and hear on this day.

https://ukraina.ru/opinion/20210424/1031228888.html
    Can i ask where are you from..is it crimea, donbass or some other place in Russia...i hope its not very personal question. Thanks
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:23 pm

Everyone knows where I am. Sevastopol, north side, 15 years.

Maximmmm, miketheterrible and Yugo90 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:08 pm