Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Werewolf
mavaff
ahmedfire
zepia
berhoum
Tolstoy
Sujoy
RTN
ludovicense
DerWolf
Walther von Oldenburg
Godric
mack8
higurashihougi
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Kiko
ucmvulcan
Isos
thegopnik
zare
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
TMA1
Scorpius
xeno
Firebird
PhSt
Regular
limb
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
zorobabel
caveat emptor
JohninMK
Broski
lyle6
Mir
Arrow
Dr.Snufflebug
Arkanghelsk
Erk
sepheronx
kvs
Big_Gazza
Airbornewolf
mnztr
dionis
Odin of Ossetia
littlerabbit
Azi
pavi
Podlodka77
nomadski
franco
flamming_python
Hole
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
ALAMO
billybatts91
Backman
PapaDragon
VARGR198
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:00 am

@dionis

so tree lines are only in Ugledar? its obvious?

GarryB and d_taddei2 like this post

dionis

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  dionis Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:23 am

Oh Lord, so the video is old and not Ugledar? Even Russian Telegram channels haven't bothered with that cope yet.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:38 am

@FP

Man I hardly bothered but it's obvious they are near one of multiple treelines moving up to Ugledar.

Well I can believe it but how far?
    5km, 10km, 15km?

At what distance should they letting demining vehicles take point?

You guys are desperate to find incompetence, so please, if you will

sepheronx, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:52 am

I've noticed a disturbing pattern in which the Ukrs periodically post their most successful ambushes or destruction of Russian vehicles from among everything they film each day across the front with their fleet of artillery spotting drones, in the form of a deceivingly edited video. But ultimately anything will do, even if it just looks like Russian troops running into a minefield.

At which point the video makes its way to all these Russian Telegram channels to be amplified beyond all proportion, and who then in addendum to the Ukrainian footage attach their own curated stories, carefully designed to elicit the maximum possible outrage, inflating casualty counts and irreparable losses, accusing military higher-ups of incompetence, betrayal, corruption, negligence, and every other sin. The same accusations against the same names pop-up. The same sort of formations are lambasted while certain others are promoted and held to as exemplars. Sometimes criticism extends to no less than the top-most echelons of the country's civilian leadership, rather unfairly by my reckoning..

I'm tired of it. Of them, and of some of you who play the part of unwitting pawns in these tiresome one-dimensional dramas. If this was Stalin's time, you would be all shot for re-translating enemy propaganda. I don't trust the motives of many of these Russian sources or alleged correspondents or whatever, but even the honest ones among them are in my estimation mistaken. Whatever good they think they do by pointing out problems and kicking up a fuss, is more than outweighed by the damage they do to morale, especially on the home-front - which is almost certainly the very intention of Ukrainian psyops departments in the first instance.

sepheronx, GarryB, xeno, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO and like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:18 am

The telegram channel "Military corespondents of the Russian Spring" claims that the T-14 "Armata" have been used in combat in the SMO zone at least since December 2022.
    https://rg.ru/2023/02/09/reg-pfo/opublikovany-pervye-kadry-primeneniia-tanka-t-14-armata-v-zone-svo.html

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, lyle6, Broski and Belisarius like this post

dionis

Post  dionis Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:32 am

@FP

Have you seen a map of the area? The whole stretch from Pavlovka is 2KM.

It's a bad screw up, and it needs to be called out without downplaying it, even if it's to be expected sometimes. The fanboy grade "look the other way" move is pointless.

Unlike ISW or some shit, what we've seen isn't propaganda. It's dismal performance.

Backman dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:07 am

If those tanks were 2km away from Ugledar we would have seen Ugledar in the distance at some point in the footage. I can't see anything but farmland. I am willing to stand corrected of course.

I agree that the expectation of screw-ups do not excuse them. It's just been a). blown out proportion, with inflated claims of destruction/casualties and the usual name-dropping, and b). it hasn't been demonstrated that anyone has really screwed up, not with the info available to us at any rate.
    Once again, your interpretation of the video footage may differ from mine.

sepheronx, franco, d_taddei2, kvs, Sprut-B, lyle6, Broski and Belisarius like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:39 am

Yeah nah this doomer stuff is way strange. I know if we had this kind of doomer nonsense here they would be pounced on. Especially if it was clear our fight was in the right. I see very little constructive elements. I see lots of attempts at clique forming. I see key individuals in leadership targeted as if an intelligence agency is pushing divides that benefit the west.

Guys your fight is in the right. Nothing wrong with calling it as it is, but look outside yourselves. If you saw this kind of doomer stuff when your own country is being threatened with regime change from outside sources, would you so blindly fall into emotions od despair, or would you call out as simple defeatism?

Because from an outsiders perspective that is how it looks. Do any of you guys recognize it? Dionis dont you see it? Also note others posting here like limb. Pay attention to which posts he likes. The posts he makes. Doesnt it seem like he supports regime change? Doesnt it look like demoralization?

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, lyle6, Backman, Broski and Belisarius like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:48 am

its a video. Like previous videos filmed by Ukraine, context is heavily needed. Details are left out and we get some footage.

Like most, I wouldn't put much into it. But we got military experts here who can do a better job than the MoD and know exactly everything happening at every second, behind a keyboard.

I would say Mod's would need to do some cleaning. But that is up to them. Half the posts here is either trolling or just nonsense repeated.

Big_Gazza, Hole, lyle6, Backman, Broski and Belisarius like this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:50 am

Fathers being abducted in front of their children, teens mobilized in Ukraine, Zelensky begging for tanks and jets and operational encirclements on the map are far more telling than a failed assault. And Wagner are probably in terms of actual close combat experience, strategy and reading the situation based on pure experience comparable with special forces now.

I’m not Russian and even I can see that.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:52 am

To Flamming....

Since you had a hard night fighting the defeatists piece of shit and and secret fans of the Nazi NATO pact and the yellow-blue Nazi shithole called Ukroshitstan, you can now go rest because this is usually the time when the ALAMO activates, so the defeatists will have an even worse awakening....  thumbsup

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, lyle6 and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:03 am

“For the enemies of Russia, the morning does not start with coffee.”

Last edited by billybatts91 on Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, zardof, littlerabbit and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:04 am

So let me understand it better, as I only sat at desk with a morning coffee ...
    All that undisplayed zoo species posts that I won't see, all that worms crawled, and my master class mathematician team materialized without any sign of shame ...
    That is all because of some attack was called off after getting under artillery fire?
    That ended up in losing several tanks and BMPs and some personnel?
    Seriously? Shocked
    Holly shit, that is some fukin' Battlefield level retardness. Are they 14 y/o Asians or something? dunno
    Yes, people die at war and don't respawn.
    Now go back to your campaign, your teams, or clans, or whatsoever you call that herd of wankers, is calling you.

Post  Podlodka77 Yesterday at 11:59 pm
    To FP
    Most of those you mentioned are my compatriots and to be honest - I seriously disagree with them. I am a nationalist and I do not hide it, I respect others, but the Orthodox cross is sacred for me. I won't talk about the others you mentioned, but I think the Serb with the profile name "littlerabbit" is an OK person. And Limb's messages stink worse than farts, while I still think Arkhangelsk is Ukrop. Z !

Well, I have some Serbs here, no idea how they ended up. There is even an Orthodox diaspora they are active members. All I know are very emotional What a Face and I would say it is kind of similar to what you guys here are presenting. Laughing

Post  Podlodka77 Today at 8:52 am
    To Flamming....
    Since you had a hard night fighting the defeatists piece of shit and and secret fans of the Nazi NATO pact and the yellow-blue Nazi shithole called Ukroshitstan, you can now go rest because this is usually the time when the ALAMO activates, so the defeatists will have an even worse awakening....  thumbs-up

A daily routine of hard working class bro Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post famschopman Today at 8:50 am
    Fathers being abducted in front of their children, teens mobilized in Ukraine, Zelensky begging for tanks and jets and operational encirclements on the map are far more telling than a failed assault. And Wagner are probably in terms of actual close combat experience, strategy and reading the situation based on pure experience comparable with special forces now.
    I’m not Russian and even I can see that.

The most absurd part of the entire story is that ukroshtstream is dancing around those events because those are so bloody rare.
    Every single day we are supplied by tens of materials showing tons of ground UkroSPAM. Hundreds of tons of burned equipment.
    Entire squads, and platoons decimated.
    Vehicles full of burned corpses that dogs are eating.
    Tens and tens of fathers, sons, and brothers torn apart to pieces, fertilizing the soil around the entire 1300 km front.
    To satisfy the oppressive, cruel, bloody and corrupted kievan junta regime and allow them to steal more. With corrupted, bloody, satanist western elites at their backs, asking for more.

Last edited by ALAMO on Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, littlerabbit, Sprut-B and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:21 am

GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:32 am

To ALAMO...

Yes, there is a lot of truth about emotions, although some Serbs have as many emotions as an iceberg - so nothing. I have no problem with it if a person is of a different religion than me and that is not disputed.
    Where I personally react very badly are idiots who smoke Nazism and Bolshevism, as well as defeatists - even though defeatists are harmless in peacetime.

I'm not a fan of the European Union because small countries are slaves to the interests of the big ones and the EU is now a capitalist-communist creation that functions according to dictates. The exchange of goods and free trade was an excellent thing, but we see how illusory it all is in terms of the current situation in the world and the conflict between the West and Russia, so the flow of goods stopped.

Big_Gazza, ALAMO and littlerabbit like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:45 am

psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:45 am

I'm tired of it. Of them, and of some of you who play the part of unwitting pawns in these tiresome one-dimensional dramas. If this was Stalin's time, you would be all shot for re-translating enemy propaganda. I don't trust the motives of many of these Russian sources or alleged correspondents or whatever, but even the honest ones among them are in my estimation mistaken. Whatever good they think they do by pointing out problems and kicking up a fuss, is more than outweighed by the damage they do to morale, especially on the home-front - which is almost certainly the very intention of Ukrainian psyops departments in the first instance.

The Vietnam war lasted for 8 years - I mean the mass US intervention perspective.
    Muricans lost 10k aircraft, making almost 3.5 DAILY.
    Claimed M48 loses amount at least 500 pcs, and M113 about 1500. For obvious reasons, it was not armor heavy conflict.
    The number of KIA reached 60k, assisted by 6k of allied troops and 253+k of SV soldiers.
    Against an opponent not even close to the Ukro potential pre240222.
    I will repeat it again, and again, and again.
    People are missing the perspective.
    Not knowing the history, you are set to repeat the same mistakes.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:05 am

Post Podlodka77 Today at 12:25 am
    Tanks, tanks, tanks.. The question for the conspiracy theorists on the forum or Seig, Limb, Zoro and Ukrop Arkhie: What is the situation with the production of tanks in Ukraine and in the West? 😁

I have a funny story to share Laughing
    Looong time ago I was inspecting Vestas wind turbines factory in Ringkobing, Denmark.
    Long story short, at that time V was Europe's biggest wind turbine producer claiming some 2000 pcs yearly output.
    I spent a whole day there, wandering around the production lines, had some meetings with the management, usually stuff.
    At the end of the day, I asked: do you have any other production line?
    No we don't.
    Really?
    Yes of course, but why do you ask?
    Well ... if you are citing a 2000pcs/y production, even considering that you operate 365 days a year (ha ha ha, not in Denmark), that would mean that you should finish at least 5 turbines on a daily shift. In the meantime, you pushed out ONE.
    The reaction was like somebody would fart in a church. Half of them get purple.
    The reason was, that heavily subsidized EU-based giant concern operating in relatively high-end and technologically advanced business, had its production potential in China. Not in EU. While everybody played a goofy.
    The factory was great. New and fresh.
    The workforce was so progressive! Women everywhere, 50+ y/o workers, all by the prosperous book of EU wonder garden.
    Only there was no production. Just a masquerade.

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:24 am

psg, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:24 am

Spelling is decided by the owner and owner says it's Kyiv

Your eyes will have to learn to live with it

The changes Hitler made while he was in power did not remain after he left this mortal coil... this was not a decision of the people, this was a decision of an American dominated government funded by a foreign power... at best they have a short term lease...

Why even try head on attack? Save soldiers as they are in short supply.

The fun thing about being a doomer is that one week you can whine and complain that Russia is just grinding down the enemy but are not advancing... and then they start attacking and appear to take some losses and then they whine and complain that Russia is full of idiots who don't know what they are doing.

"Regarding that video of the failed Russian assault near Ugledar today. No one's posting the longer version. Because it shows that most of the "30 destroyed vehicles" from the BrOSINT screenshots simply retreated intact and weren't destroyed at all."

What a shock... but it just shows why the Doomers have to whip up bullshit and scream bloody murder because after a short period the thing that set them off is revealed to be total bullshit so they go quiet again for a week or two till the next event.

Those Telegram accounts are clearly funded by the west to stir shit... fortunately Putin is not a hot head like the doomsayers are... we would not be in the current situation if he was... and honestly destroying ties with the west is the best thing for Russia and most of the rest of the world... Putin couldn't have managed this on his own, he needed the US and the west to push Russia away and reveal its teeth and claws.

Because from an outsiders perspective that is how it looks. Do any of you guys recognize it? Dionis dont you see it? Also note others posting here like limb. Pay attention to which posts he likes. The posts he makes. Doesnt it seem like he supports regime change? Doesnt it look like demoralization?

Panic mongering hiding in a shell of patriotic criticism to improve performance potential... which always seems to start with firing Putin and the Military leadership... Hilary Clinton would be proud...

The workforce was so progressive! Women everywhere, 50+ y/o workers, all by the prosperous book of EU wonder garden.
    Only there was no production. Just a masquerade.

The wests morals and ethics are smoke and mirrors so why not their industrial power too... it is going to be 2 years before the US can produce 31 Abrams tanks for Kiev... what a superpower...

Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:25 am

This whole recent discussion started with this comment:
    30 Russian armoured losses recorded on the Ugledar front. Looks like they still haven't breached the town's main perimeter.

https://t.me/gzvonews/4575

So I click on the link and watch the video on it and what I saw was:

-Many vehicles appear to be damaged and not destroyed.

-Some vehicles i cannot identify which model it is, much less WHO it belongs to, due to low resolution and distance.

-Lots of BMPs, most of which you can't see if there's a Z or V on it, BMPs that ALSO are operated by Ukraine.

-There is absolutely nothing in these images to indicate when and WHERE they were taken.

-There is no context of the situation.

-It has a fucking watermark of a ukrainian source all over the screen for the entire video.

In short, as usual doomers react hysterically to the cheapest piece of propaganda from Ukraine.

GarryB, xeno, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, JohninMK, zardof and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:26 am

@FP

I am not moaning, it is what it is.

Videos from UKR side

https://t.me/supernova_plus/17318

Ukrainian drone operators are observing, as they say, 2nd armoured column driving on the mines and mock stupidy of Russians. They say that they are moving in a pack
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 10 3926ad10

Enter the Drakula, 116 (?) so tatars?
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 10 8-D02-E951-F883-4-A3-B-A9-BF-56-A1-B62-C2-D70

Drone drops grenade
    https://t.me/supernova_plus/17309

BMP-1 proceeds to crush their own dismounts
    https://t.me/supernova_plus/17374

Also, this

https://t.me/supernova_plus/17336

Even so called, evacuation video posted by RWA shows Russians being shelled with casualties visible

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:31 am

GarryB, Big_Gazza and VARGR198 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:36 am

The wests morals and ethics are smoke and mirrors so why not their industrial power too... it is going to be 2 years before the US can produce 31 Abrams tanks for Kiev... what a superpower...

It is even more than that.
    Those are mental changes that happened to the whole generations of westerners.
    How exceptional they are. And how gender fluid.
    The work ethic, effectiveness, accepting the role in the production process - all that is simply gone in most "developed" western countries.
    They pushed the production out not only because of being greedy, but due to lack of workforce.
    Who is supposed to produce those tanks, and planes?
    People who were used to living a comfortable life by making one bloody turbine a day?
    Do you know what was the greatest achievement they had on a wall?
    How many days passed since the last accident in production...
    That was funny because considering the production type, the heaviest contusion they could get was a twisted ankle while stepping down the construction stand. And they really meant that!
    Workers were loitering around the entire factory, with cups of coffee in their hands, doing perfectly nothing.
    Smoking at random places, chatting, smiling ... only not producing.
    Those were the Chinese in charge of producing things they will label and sell at a 1000% added value rate. To grant t hem this comfort.
    But those days are gone. Still, the westerners didn't realized it.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:48 am

In short, as usual doomers react hysterically to the cheapest piece of propaganda from Ukraine.

There are 6 videos in total from 3 locations, mapped on deepstateua.

It was part of this column

You can believe it’s Ukrainian, or Americans with their M113.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 10 17106210
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 10 50c36410

Russian TG channels, especially GREY ZONE that has good credibility - confirm this

GREY ZONE wrote: I rarely publish footage of the enemy, usually either for objectivity or to illuminate a situation where silence is worse than telling.

In the post above, Khodakovsky already noted that in a number of areas we ran into cities, so there is nothing for him to write about now, but I understand why he does not write, because a week ago he wrote about the course of the battles for Ugledar.

On the whole, he wrote quite objectively, to the point and without strained victorious reports, behind which other channels were marked, for a long time in his imagination leading battles inside Ugledar. And now I understand Khodakovsky's silence.

Fucking is going on under Ugledar, and it is happening over and over again, often in command of the same units that were trumpeting about problems yesterday, but the problems do not end. Yes, of course, we also inflict damage and defeat on the enemy, but the enemy’s cadres demonstrate another crisis in command and control of troops at the headquarters level.

The infamous but heroic 155th Marine Brigade of the Pacific Fleet during the battles for Pavlovka already turned to the Governor of Primorsky Krai Oleg Kozhemyaka, mentioning the names of Muradov and Akhmedov (Muradov is still in command), now they are fighting for Ugledar, along with the Marines 40 th brigade and special forces of the 14th separate brigade. The shots speak for themselves. At least only 30 pieces of lost equipment, burning tanks running around and footage from the movie "Purgatory" about the war in Chechnya brought to life - crushing their BMP fighters.

https://t.me/grey_zone/17130

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:35 am