Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+3
nomadski
flamming_python
Hole
7 posters

A private request for help

Hole
    Hole

A private request for help Empty A private request for help

Post  Hole Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:55 pm

Since last Saturday, one of my cats (Yes, I´m a cat dude) is missing.
    I know that dudes from New Zealand or Moscow can´t help in that case, but
    if there are a few people from Germany here with access to social networks/media
    I would be greatful if they could repost here pic and some info.

A private request for help Dscf0010
    Her name is Tigger. She is 5.
    European short hair.
    Striped.
    With a little crack or chap in her left ear.
    I´m from Erbach, Hessen, Germany.

Thanks!

GarryB, ahmedfire, flamming_python and nomadski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

A private request for help Empty Re: A private request for help

Post  flamming_python Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:13 pm

A catnapping?
    Hope for her safe and prompt return

Of course you should concentrate more on the Telgram channels of your and adjacent residential blocks, city message boards, Facebook groups from your city as well. And the local animal shelters and services.

Putting posters up can work wonders too

I remember once when I having a floor screed done in my garage, I dragged the metalworking table I had in there outside and in front of my garage entrance (it was a garage co-operative, not a garage in my own home). I just needed it outside for 48 hours until the concrete dried, but after 24 hours I went to check and it was already gone. Ended up hanging up posters about my lost table at every turn in the garage co-operative and in the adjacent one too. I was thinking that some gypsies saw it and snatched it up for the scrap metal value, sometimes a truck comes around and collects things that have been thrown out.

The next day I got a call from my neighbour the next garage over, he had swiped it thinking I was disposing of it. The prick insisted that I then collect it immediately even despite my request for him to hold onto it for another day until my floor had completed drying.

Anyway, moral of the story is, she's probably somewhere nearby.

GarryB, nomadski and Hole like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:25 pm

Use some old Rags , and cut them up into small sections . Use the soil from cat litter box and put small amount in each Rag bag and tie up with string . Disperse these bags around the neighbourhood , particularly areas a Cat will seek shelter , such as small dark and dry places in old buildings and alleyway . Cats do not go far , and you have a good chance finding it by walking around and calling out it's name in systematic way . Leave some food out in dry place near your home . Good idea to buy a dog whistle that produces ultrasonic sound . Train your Cat by blowing this whistle when giving food . If they go far again , using whistle will bring them home ! Good luck .

Also a Cat guy !

No

GarryB and Hole like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:29 am

I am also a cat person, or should I say an animal person, and would say disappearing for a time is not completely unusual for cats.

A friendly cat will often find cat people when they get lost, they almost never starve to death because they tend to be able to find food, especially in urban areas.

Cats choose you and are family so of course you should be upset when they go missing. Someone who thinks pets are just disposable animals and just get a new one should not be allowed to reproduce or look after children.

Someone who is bad to animals is bad.

A week is not too bad. I have had cats go missing for a couple of months and come back. My brother had a fantastic cat called Stanley who went missing for months and then turned up like nothing had happened.

Stanley was the most laid back cat I had ever seen. I had heard stories about him being a good cat so when I was introduced to him I walked straight up to him and picked him up and lay him on his back on my forearm and rubbed his belly. He closed his eyes and purred and did not try to resist or get free.

The last time we lost a pet we looked on the local community boards on facebook and someone found him and posted a picture within a few hours.

Do you have an organisation like the SPCA (Society for the prevention of cruelty to animals) where stray cats are taken when found?

Good luck.

She will turn up tomorrow and act like nothing happened...

Hole likes this post

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:15 am

I hope you find her soon .

Try to check her favorite places and check your camera or the one on your neighbor’s area .

The below website allows you to post a report for your lost cat , your SOS will  be broadcasted on partner websites, social networks Lost Dog Facebook and by email to all subscribers of the e-mail alerts .

https://www.lost-cat.org/en-de/

A private request for help Ffcapt10

GarryB, Hole and Mir like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:35 pm

Good luck Hole!

Cats do have a tendency to go roaming for a while if there is a mate nearby, but they always come back to their territory ones the love has gone! Smile

Put out some food and water at night and check in the morning if something has been taken.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:09 pm

She is sterilised. No more lust for tomcats.
    We got a lot of cats around my house, so most of the time part of the food is gone.

GarryB and Mir like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:27 pm

The below website allows you to post a report for your lost cat 
    Thanks for the info.  thumbsup
    Already done.

GarryB and ahmedfire like this post

11E

Post  11E Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:11 pm

Also proud owner of two 'Stubentiger''

I was once told that if your cat escaped from the house you should put the litterbox outside. If it really works I don't know, I fortunately didn't have to deal with that

I sincerely hope you get your cat back!!

Regards
    Lesley

GarryB and Hole like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:25 pm

She didn´t escape.
    She is an outdoor cat, but normally she comes back 2 to 4 times a day (in summer).
    In winter she stays in the house most of the time, even though she´s only 5 years old.
    Her record was 30 hours, only a month ago, but back then it could be that she visited our
    yard at some time and we didn´t notice it.
    Staying away for days is not normal for her.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:18 am

We got a lot of cats around my house, so most of the time part of the food is gone.

Well at least someone is benefiting from the situation...   A private request for help 1f43a

I have had a few cats over the years and the biggest lesson I learned is that night time is dangerous for cats. As a kid I had a cat that lasted into her 19th year, but many were lost to cars. I am surprised Minkie lived to 18 because she used to sit under the lamppost near the road chasing moths at night. (on reflection she was deaf so she probably didn't hear the car that hit her.)

The last cat I had we got when she was a grandmother. My nephew found out the grandmother of his cat was going to be put down so he called to ask if we would take her. Anyway long story short he turned up about an hour later with this cat about 24 years ago in 2000. We kept her inside over night which she really hated, but we had her put down in 2018. Her kidneys had failed so she had stopped eating and drinking. The vet said he could give her an injection but that would keep her alive for 3 days and then she would need another injection and they were about 500 dollars a shot and she was going to die anyway so she got a different kind of injection unfortunately.

The don't live forever... much as you want them to.

We have had a few dogs as well, which are different but still are members of the family, and in my experience don't live as long as cats.

Keep in mind New Zealand has a very mild climate and cats and dogs are apex predators here... not much will kill them except each other or people...

No foxes or wolves or snakes or such things.

Down here in the deep south it gets to about 7-8 degrees on average during the winter... with highs of maybe 12-15 and lows of 3-4 degrees mid day in winter, while in summer it can be 10-12 on cold days through to about 30-32 on the hottest days and an average of 18-20, though we don't tend to have long periods of steady temperatures. One day raining and cold, next day sunny and warm or warmer in winter when it doesn't often get actually warm.

Hole likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:44 pm

Any luck in finding your tiger cat?
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:11 pm

Unfortunately not. Some possible sightings in one area of our town, but I couldn´t find her.

GarryB likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:48 pm

Well it looks like there is still a glimmer of hope. Hope you find her.

GarryB, flamming_python and Hole like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:07 am