Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
ali.a.r
Zivo
calripson
Sujoy
Russian Patriot
collegeboy16
Airbornewolf
TheArmenian
mutantsushi
As Sa'iqa
Werewolf
Admin
russianumber1
magnumcromagnon
mack8
medo
Pyrrus
navyfield
Cyberspec
zino
Hannibal Barca
etaepsilonk
George1
Viktor
KomissarBojanchev
AlfaT8
Firebird
Austin
Regular
sepheronx
d_taddei2
zg18
TR1
macedonian
flamming_python
GarryB
TheRealist
41 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:32 pm

So, there have been more provocations by the unarmed Ukrainian bomzh army.
    At first I was very much sympathetic to them and their position, but now they are just being weasels.

After the Saakashvilli style camera-march on Russian positions, surrounded by journalists, now apparently the Ukrainians have 're-taken' one of the airfields and several facilities there, while Russian troops are still in control of other objects in that base. Completely unverified information mind you.

Oh, and apparently this provocation took place while the Russians were leaving the territory of one of the Ukrainian bases; Ukrainian soldiers blocked their path

I really don't get it. I mean are they trying to be nuisances? Trying to cause a provocation that would lead to an exchange of fire?
    If they're so desperate, then why don't they just open fire first?

Here's a comment on one of the news stories that I particularly liked:
    Я горжусь украинскими военными на территории Крыма и мне жаль российских ребят - о них не будут сочинять песни, о них не будут снимать фильмы...им не будут ставить памятники...
     lol1 
    Glad to see they have their priorities straight
    etaepsilonk

The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #1

Post  etaepsilonk Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:46 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Oh, and apparently this provocation took place while the Russians were leaving the territory of one of the Ukrainian bases; Ukrainian soldiers blocked their path

I really don't get it. I mean are they trying to be nuisances? Trying to cause a provocation that would lead to an exchange of fire?

As I wrote before, Python, they play patriots to the Russians, and at the same time don't give the slightest fuck about Right sector and the like.

Ukrainians  Rolling Eyes

I think, that Russian commanders should start issuing their troops some CS gas, or these:
    http://world.guns.ru/grenade/rus/rgs-50m-r.html
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Soldiers in famous Belbek incident are VDV. censored 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26447682
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 pm

A good piece here:
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1b964326-a479-11e3-9cb0-00144feab7de.html#axzz2v7QAhQBX
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:10 am

Things are kicking off in Donetsk, Kharkov & perhaps Lugansk

Kharkov today

Donetsk today, pro-Maidan protestors surrounded and forced onto their knees, then sent home
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:11 am

Photo blog-report on Russian soldiers in the Crimea
    http://zyalt.livejournal.com/1017094.html
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:47 am

flamming_python wrote:Things are kicking off in Donetsk, Kharkov & perhaps Lugansk

Kharkov today

Donetsk today, pro-Maidan protestors surrounded and forced onto their knees, then sent home

Fucking great! Keep it up guys! I think the pressure will pay off.
    zino
    zino

Post  zino Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:27 am

flamming_python wrote:Things are kicking off in Donetsk, Kharkov & perhaps Lugansk

Kharkov today

Good news. AFAIK Lugansk has always been a free city. They don't obey to Kiev since February 21. Sadly Dnepropetrovsk, a key city, still lacks.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:48 am

zino wrote:

Kharkov today

Good news. AFAIK Lugansk has always been a free city. They don't obey to Kiev since February 21. Sadly Dnepropetrovsk, a key city, still lacks.

Actually yeah you're right; I think they declared right in the beggining that they don't support the putsch and won't recognize the new government.

Now they've drawn up a list of demands to the central government:
    http://un.ua/eng/article/495581.html
    Well no-one's invaded them yet. Take note Mr. Putin.

They've got balls I'll give them that. Strangely quiet though in terms of protests and so on; I would have thought the Eurointegrators would have tried to organise something there by now. Maybe they have their hands full with Odessa, Dneprpetrovsk and Kharkov.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:53 am

Russia is drawing up plan for seizure of foreign property in Russia. Some dong over at mp.net thinks they can just pack up and leave over night. Not quite. And anyway, they have full experience from the 90's, they probably are already looking quite close.

This will help Russia in long run. Short term, it will hurt, but no nation can rely on foreign enterprises because as soon as you do something they don't like, they can bend you to their will. This will stop that.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:54 am

Vladimir79 wrote:Soldiers in famous Belbek incident are VDV. censored 

Wouldn't give much credit to that bbc source.

To much side marks trying to indicate and overall a rather manipulative writing style.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:56 am

flamming_python wrote:So, there have been more provocations by the unarmed Ukrainian bomzh army.
    At first I was very much sympathetic to them and their position, but now they are just being weasels.

After the Saakashvilli style camera-march on Russian positions, surrounded by journalists, now apparently the Ukrainians have 're-taken' one of the airfields and several facilities there, while Russian troops are still in control of other objects in that base. Completely unverified information mind you.

Here's a comment on one of the news stories that I particularly liked:
    Я горжусь украинскими военными на территории Крыма и мне жаль российских ребят - о них не будут сочинять песни, о них не будут снимать фильмы...им не будут ставить памятники...
     lol1 
    Glad to see they have their priorities straight

Bring in some Kazak locals to bust these idiots on the head.

Such bravery by the pathetic Ukranian armed forces LOL.

This is is the time for pro-Russian locals to really make their presence known. If not, they will be screwed.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:36 am

Haha that's what You get when You send soft guys like that Asian:D It still makes me laugh because it reinforces chukcha ne durak cliché.  
    wrote:Чукча не дурак! Чукче нельзя говорить, что мы солдаты русской армии..
    It seems Ukrainians lost the fear factor.
    On other news Ukrainian and Crimean protesters act like banderlogs. Both of them are mindless husks with ridiculous ideas. Both parties think of each other  as Nazis :DHilariousity ensues. I can only hope Russia servicemen will come out of this dry, they are the only ones worth worrying.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:29 am

sepheronx wrote:Russia is drawing up plan for seizure of foreign property in Russia.  Some dong over at mp.net thinks they can just pack up and leave over night.  Not quite.  And anyway, they have full experience from the 90's, they probably are already looking quite close.

This will help Russia in long run.  Short term, it will hurt, but no nation can rely on foreign enterprises because as soon as you do something they don't like, they can bend you to their will.  This will stop that.

What? What seizure of foreign property? Nationalise all foreign investments and become like North Korea or Cuba?

I don't believe it for one second.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:32 am

flamming_python wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Russia is drawing up plan for seizure of foreign property in Russia.  Some dong over at mp.net thinks they can just pack up and leave over night.  Not quite.  And anyway, they have full experience from the 90's, they probably are already looking quite close.

This will help Russia in long run.  Short term, it will hurt, but no nation can rely on foreign enterprises because as soon as you do something they don't like, they can bend you to their will.  This will stop that.

What? What seizure of foreign property? Nationalise all foreign investments and become like North Korea or Cuba?

There is apparently a law going through to allow seizure of property of foreign companies in Russia to respond to sanctions. Hell of a lot better than them packing it all up, running away with all the money they are taking from Russia. Business with these people is screwed anyway.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:32 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:Soldiers in famous Belbek incident are VDV. censored 

Wouldn't give much credit to that bbc source.

To much side marks trying to indicate and overall a rather manipulative writing style.

What a complete load of shite that article is. Reads like a James Bond short story or whatever. BBC and its nonsense - I had to tolerate it all throughout the 90s when internet was still very new and Western TV media was all anyone had.
    Granted, they can sometimes be quite objective even on Russia, when they want to be.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:39 am

sepheronx wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

There is apparently a law going through to allow seizure of property of foreign companies in Russia to respond to sanctions.  Hell of a lot better than them packing it all up, running away with all the money they are taking from Russia.  Business with these people is screwed anyway.

Even the **mention** of the possibility of such a law is enough to send foreign investors packing with their money and property, long before anyone in Russia gets around to seizing it.
    What a stupid  angry  censored idea.
    Who the hell is running the Duma? The finance ministry? The ministry of industry and development? Hell the Kiev-style lynches and witch-hunts being to look tempting for dealing with such loons.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:48 am

with sanctions it would have happened anyway, where they would pull money and assets.  You know this.  They will probably pull key component industries and leave the others alone.

Sorry to say, but whenever your country acts, the others will take as much as they can and run.  You saw this in the 90's.  You will see it again.

The law applies to the nations who place sanctions on it. You think, that all the sanctions on Iran, that they still have foreign enterprises operating there from west? no.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:05 am

sepheronx wrote:with sanctions it would have happened anyway, where they would pull money and assets.  You know this.  They will probably pull key component industries and leave the others alone.

Sorry to say, but whenever your country acts, the others will take as much as they can and run.  You saw this in the 90's.  You will see it again.

The law applies to the nations who place sanctions on it.  You think, that all the sanctions on Iran, that they still have foreign enterprises operating there from west? no.

If it's going to happen anyway than why do you need to make a law on it? Needless provocation, it's just going to lead to mass capital flight; at a time when most European countries are now stating that they don't even support the idea of economic sanctions on Russia. Fk I hope the retards responsible burn in hell. How many jobs all over Russia is this going to hit?

I mean if it's about Russia taking property that doesn't belong to it - then that's wrong one way or the other.

If the West introduces sanctions then fine; companies will pull out, in a timely manner, and sell off their assets in Russia. That sounds like something that should be acceptable to everyone.
    And then when sanctions are lifted, companies can invest again without any needless negative feelings.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:08 am

Ukrainian officer explains his position. Doesn't sound like he's one of the retards doing provocations.

Completely understandable really.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:28 am

flamming_python wrote:Ukrainian officer explains his position. Doesn't sound like he's one of the retards doing provocations.

Completely understandable really.

When you are interested in politics and at the same time active soldier it is sometimes hard to be quite or not to take sides because of your personal opinion since it is forbidden for military personal to speak about politics and his special case it is by far more heart tearing to see own country in such a situation, but at least he can hold on, on the feternal friendship with russian military and russian military colleagues. For a political uneducated person it is easy not to speak about it since there is no much information treasured but most likely to make wrong decisions or blindly following some self proclaimed fascist regimes, orders to kill own brothers.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:16 am

@etaepsilonk
    Are you absolutely sure about that?

Yes.

But the the way I imagine, every car should have at least two stages of cooling circulation, right?
    Well in a sense you are right. Zaz for example only had air cooling system. Liquid cooling is for engine block and airflow to cool radiator.  Without necessary transfer of heat engine overheats eventually, and head cracks, burns through on some cases, you loose compression and etc. Usually it's fatal. Laser welding is probably only good option for new cars, but in cost a fortune, but for Ural engine you could probably do that on Your own.
    Water pump is most important here, if it fails then water won't circulate and no matter how much airflow you have it will overheat in minutes and cause catastrophic failure.

In that case, overcooling certainly shouldn't happen.

Why Smile? I wish. There is even thing called cold corrosion, not sure if it's right term in English. For diesel engine it's clearly an issue, be it Ural or Audi Q7. They need to reach operational temperature to have proper combustion as the have no spark plugs. They use temperature and compression to go boom. Cold air has different density and it might cause wrong compression rates, imperfect mix. Have you ever noticed idle shaking when car is cold? Some cars have air heaters in manifold so cold air is not an issue.
    Diesels generate heat slower than petrol engines too so needed heat is partly wasted for warming up. Imagine what cold stream of - 20 C air can do to such large radiator like on Ural, it won't reach optimal temperature at all and it can start chocking.
    There are so many factors that are affected by cold, even consistency of diesel.
    Even for fan running, I think it CAN be turned-off (just aren't sure if from the cabin, or manually). Remember, Ural was designed with ford-crossing in mind.

Could be possible to turn it off manually, but it's controlled by thermostat.
    And dust is a problem not only in Africa, but on unpaved roads as well, but that's probably not the case for Crimea Smile

For dust there are filters, inlet pre-filters and so on. There is even external filter for rally cars, basically a mesh. This doesn't look like it.

Another thing that's highly likely, it's a thermal cover against TIs.
    No, man. Exhaust is more important for that. Bonnet will still have signature on it, not to mention bottom of the car where heat escapes as well.
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 39 Matis_10

By the way I've seen them covers used in Canada an US.. on TV of course:D
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #1 - Page 39 17282610

____
    By the way thanks for the video guys, well oath is an oath, if we take a look back, they weren't pro Maidan, they have never threatened Ukrainians or Russians in the region. Most of them are locals in Crimea as well. Was laughing hard when Alexander Vitko, commander of Ternopol refused to lay arms and said Russians don't surrender. He is ethnic Russian with ukrainian surname.
    Idiots who do provocations are from AF and they feel that Russians are only harsh with words no real action was taken, there was no ultimatum, no one will shoot at them. Crimean militia might be less polite.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:36 am

To Regular:
    Oh, I see, thanks for information. Yes, with that photo it kinda makes sense now. However, not really, if we take the mild Crimean climate into account  unshaven
    Well, maybe the Russians weren't going to stop just there  Laughing Laughing 
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:40 am

US State Department : President Putin's Fiction: 10 False Claims about Ukraine
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:54 am

Crimea’s Supreme Council makes fundamental decision to join Russia as federal subject

http://en.itar-tass.com/world/722381

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:17 pm