Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+97
SeigSoloyvov
nomadski
ALAMO
flamming_python
Dr.Snufflebug
kvs
higurashihougi
GarryB
mnztr
JohninMK
lyle6
sepheronx
Walther von Oldenburg
Begome
Firebird
lancelot
thegopnik
Rodion_Romanovic
Broski
Scorpius
caveat emptor
Krepost
Arrow
limb
ATLASCUB
Azi
sundoesntrise
TMA1
Mindstorm
Sujoy
Russian_Patriot_
nero
Yugo90
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
elconquistador
Hole
miketheterrible
ultimatewarrior
Isos
arpakola
Grazneyar
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
par far
AlfaT8
d_taddei2
medo
KiloGolf
NationalRus
Rodinazombie
Zivo
Kadmos45
Armenian
SturmGuard
mack8
Neutrality
OminousSpudd
Dima
franco
Godric
marat
Akula971
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
Svyatoslavich
zorobabel
VladimirSahin
PapaDragon
TheGeorgian
KoTeMoRe
calm
Khepesh
Project Canada
max steel
HUNTER VZLA
Heartbeer
Kyo
T055
George1
Morpheus Eberhardt
Hannibal Barca
POKL
magnumcromagnon
TR1
Regular
zg18
etaepsilonk
AttilaA
Cyberspec
TheArmenian
Admin
Ogannisyan8887
Viktor
Turk1
DoubleEagle
Russian Patriot
101 posters

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:10 am

Dont act delusional Kilo

Ukraine has nothing to offer as no one actually wants their military equipment (shoddy ones at that) and maybe Turkey and USA could gain major influence....Maybe.  Iran has more chances due to their large Azerbaijani population through influence and Iran has good relations with Russia and Armenia as well.  So less to worry about.  All the while Russia has the economic power in that region even with the current troubles, and Azerbaijan imports a lot, not just weapons from Russia.  EU is too far away and their politics is wishy washy that they are far from being a trusted source for weapons.

Azerbaijan has asked Moscow twice now regarding a ceasefire between them and Armenia.  One in 94 and one now.  It was in Moscow where both sides agreed to a ceasefire.  Armenians that blame Moscow for sale of weapons turn a blind eye to the fact that the people they are bitching to, also supplied weapons to Azerbaijan.  But it is convenient for them to ignore that and just blame Russia.  But who is Armenia going to turn to?  America?  America will put Turkey ahead of Armenia as we have seen them already putting Turkey ahead of the Kurds even if the Kurds bring more to the table then the terrorist supporting Turkey does.  I am not saying that Armenia should be happy about the weapon sales, but to blatantly blame Russia as a whole is a joke, seeing as how they get financial and military support from Russia to help in countering what they sold to Azerbaijan.  I mean, Iskanders.  Come on!

But the good thing is in all of this, cooler heads are going to prevail.  While Russia does not recognize Nagorno-Karabakh, it sure helped Armenia maintain it and to also tell Azerbaijan to back off.  I also wonder if Moscow will even bother to sell any weapons to Azerbaijan after this.

yeah like said the azeris are not friends or allys, the only thing they are, are potential enemies.
    but a second hand "friend and ally" who has also no real loyalty to us is also not worth a major war.. everything screams to "captain russia" again, come to the rescue captain russia... Rolling Eyes

like after their war:

Azeris: becouse of the fucking russian swines we coulden't win who "supported armenia" fuck russia!!
    Armenians: the russians left the azeris all the weapons after the soviet union and russian mercenaries were on the azeri side! fuck russia!

what can you do, what can you do...

You are correct.  All I heard from both sides is Azerbaijani's being mad at Russians and Armenians being mad at Russians.  This wasn't even Russia's fight as this territory is between them and Russia doesn't even recognize it.  Yet, for some reason, they both blame Russia.  Yeah, I don't trust Azerbaijani's either, but they also haven't done anything directly to Russia.  Armenia on the other hand gets the stuff they need and they still blame Russia.  Armenia has been trying to cozy up with Russia's enemies for a long time, yet it is alright for them.
    Armenian
    Armenian

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  Armenian Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:21 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Armenian wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:If you guys are really mad at Russia, why not protest? Send a clear message to them about displeasure of arms sales.

I imagine if they cut it though, Russia would lose influence over Azerbaijan, and there may not be a ceasefire next time.

It's not like we didn't before.

Check Sarkisyan's statement from today,
    http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/209719/

There is an huge western effort in Armenia to change it's direction towards EU. They have many media outlets here, some Armenian looking western financed organisations etc.

But unlike Georgia and Ukraine people in Armenia doesn't have dreams about being in EU or joining to NATO. People always been Pro-Russia here and that's why this situation did/does a huge damage to the Russian image which we had before.

Anyway of course every country has it's own interest. If Russia thinks their position is in their interest then let it be so.

Here is the problem though. Russia either donates, or gives good prices on weapons at really long, really low interest rates to Armenia. Azerbaijan gets none of that. I usually Armenia end up with weapons to counter Azerbaijan (Iskander, S-300). You guys have a problem with Azerbaijan, not Russia. As well, Russia shares borders with Azerbaijan so it isn't a clear cut case here either. But with what Russia has given (they haven't recognized Karabakh as far as I am aware), some of you Armenians sure sound ungrateful. I mean, let's face facts here: Karabakh isn't on Russian agenda, but they still gone out to make sure both agree to stop the fighting and return back. Armenia will not outright get attacked. Karabakh on the other hand might (an has/is). playing the US tactic of "either with us or against us" may not work well for you in the end.  

Russia also needs to keep Azerbaijan in their and Iran field as well or Turkey will reign supreme there. That will work even less in Armenia's favor if they fully fall to Turkeys command. As well, your president should bitch about how Germany also sold weapons to Azerbaijan. Oh well, much easier to blame Russia. Always is. Maybe it is better to feed Armenia to the dogs then? Cause EU helps Azerbaijan, NATO helps Azerbaijan. Russia helps Armenia but sells stuff to Azerbaijan. The only country that helps Armenia seems to be public enemy number 1 for Armenians. I know if Russia told Armenia they can go wherever they want, and EU and NATO turned a blind eye to Azerbaijan and Turkey taking turns on Armenia, it would also be Russia's fault.....

Out of cuirosity, what did exactly Germany sell to Azerbaijan? There is an international arms embargo for both Azerbaijan and Armenia. I don't really remember a single thing which has been sold to Azerbaijan by Germany or any other EU country.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:28 am

Gwagons and Hekler and Kotch rifles like MP5's and such.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:34 am

Armenian wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Armenian wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:If you guys are really mad at Russia, why not protest? Send a clear message to them about displeasure of arms sales.

I imagine if they cut it though, Russia would lose influence over Azerbaijan, and there may not be a ceasefire next time.

It's not like we didn't before.

Check Sarkisyan's statement from today,
    http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/209719/

There is an huge western effort in Armenia to change it's direction towards EU. They have many media outlets here, some Armenian looking western financed organisations etc.

But unlike Georgia and Ukraine people in Armenia doesn't have dreams about being in EU or joining to NATO. People always been Pro-Russia here and that's why this situation did/does a huge damage to the Russian image which we had before.

Anyway of course every country has it's own interest. If Russia thinks their position is in their interest then let it be so.

Here is the problem though. Russia either donates, or gives good prices on weapons at really long, really low interest rates to Armenia. Azerbaijan gets none of that. I usually Armenia end up with weapons to counter Azerbaijan (Iskander, S-300). You guys have a problem with Azerbaijan, not Russia. As well, Russia shares borders with Azerbaijan so it isn't a clear cut case here either. But with what Russia has given (they haven't recognized Karabakh as far as I am aware), some of you Armenians sure sound ungrateful. I mean, let's face facts here: Karabakh isn't on Russian agenda, but they still gone out to make sure both agree to stop the fighting and return back. Armenia will not outright get attacked. Karabakh on the other hand might (an has/is). playing the US tactic of "either with us or against us" may not work well for you in the end.  

Russia also needs to keep Azerbaijan in their and Iran field as well or Turkey will reign supreme there. That will work even less in Armenia's favor if they fully fall to Turkeys command. As well, your president should bitch about how Germany also sold weapons to Azerbaijan. Oh well, much easier to blame Russia. Always is. Maybe it is better to feed Armenia to the dogs then? Cause EU helps Azerbaijan, NATO helps Azerbaijan. Russia helps Armenia but sells stuff to Azerbaijan. The only country that helps Armenia seems to be public enemy number 1 for Armenians. I know if Russia told Armenia they can go wherever they want, and EU and NATO turned a blind eye to Azerbaijan and Turkey taking turns on Armenia, it would also be Russia's fault.....

Out of cuirosity, what did exactly Germany sell to Azerbaijan? There is an international arms embargo for both Azerbaijan and Armenia. I don't really remember a single thing which has been sold to Azerbaijan by Germany or any other EU country.

MP5 submachine gun is even produced under licence in Aze, same goes for french F1 mortar.

They bought Land Rover Defenders, Mercedes Benz G class, Sako sniper rifles, G3 rifles for peacekeeping, Romanian PSL snipers... They might not openly support military exports to Aze, but some items were obtained via licences and some were bought as "civilian products" and later just militarised.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:21 am

Armenian wrote:I don't really think our relations can stay as strong as before if Russia continues to sell weapons to Azerbaijan. Armenia itself always remained a trusted ally for Russia. We even stayed togheter about Ukraine crisis and voted in favor of Russia at UN Crimean Resolution .

Selling adversary weapons to Armenia's biggest enemy is a clear betrayal in my opinion. I can't find another word to describe my feelings.

What should Russia have done in your opinion?

Whole thing is back to square one and shooting stopped thanks to Russia.

Was Russia supposed to fight war for Nagorno Karabah? Keep in mind that even Armenia did not send it's military into the fight but Russia somehow should have?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:23 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Armenian wrote:I don't really think our relations can stay as strong as before if Russia continues to sell weapons to Azerbaijan. Armenia itself always remained a trusted ally for Russia. We even stayed togheter about Ukraine crisis and voted in favor of Russia at UN Crimean Resolution .

Selling adversary weapons to Armenia's biggest enemy is a clear betrayal in my opinion. I can't find another word to describe my feelings.

Was Russia supposed to fight war for Nagorno Karabah? Keep in mind that even Armenia did not send it's military into the fight but Russia somehow should have?

Pretty much this. What they really want is to dictate who Russia should deal with, but not allow Russia to dictated who Armenia deals with (NATO/west). So in other words, the whole pie.

Anyway:
    Azerbaijan set to hold talks on Karabakh settlement — president

Seems now the Azeries are praising Moscow for the ceasefire and peacetalks.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:41 am

https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/717693916791836673

Lavrov will be in Armenia in April 21 to discuss bilateral ties. Hopefully this will clear things up.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:14 am

Haha Armenian griefs are somewhat funny. The biggest single culprit of the recent showdown and emboldening of the Azeri forces has been the Surveillance and drone strike suite that is 100% Israeli. Yet there is no one complaint about it. Nope it`s Rasha bad. Name me one Russian system that has been used to actually cause mayhem on Armenian lines?

The fact is that even the damn SuperMil was an Israeli/SAF upgrade zith BLR/Ukrainian Atgm`s. Wow...guess Rasha is the new Jew, does everything & rules everybody.
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:02 am

WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC

Remains of what seems to be an Azeri Spec Ops team

http://blognews.am/arm/news/358064/

http://hartak.am/arm/n-57023

Last edited by TheGeorgian on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:09 am

TheGeorgian wrote:.

Remains of what seemed to be an Azeri Spec Ops team

http://blognews.am/arm/news/358064/

http://hartak.am/arm/n-57023

OpS-Core helmet... interesting.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:17 am

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 CfX6FQsWIAEEtFS

Aze TV...

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:20 am

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 CfXHW4pWsAEXi7s

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 CfXHW4mWEAUYuAE

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 CfXHW4rWsAA0aKD

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 CfXHW5wW4AALhPW

Another drone
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:48 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 Kim10

Okay....

Wut. The hell would she know about anything.

OminousSpudd,

How do you know that she is not an expert on Mi-24P, Shturm-V, and S-8Kor?
    If it's long and hard she definitely is qualified. Sorry for the mysoginistic post.

You're right. I should check mah privilege. Clearly she knows more about Hinds than me anyway. lol1
    Armenian
    Armenian

Post  Armenian Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:56 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Nobody is expecting Russia fighting for us. We can defend our lands by ourselves.

KoTeMoRe wrote:Haha Armenian griefs are somewhat funny. The biggest single culprit of the recent showdown and emboldening of the Azeri forces has been the Surveillance and drone strike suite that is 100% Israeli. Yet there is no one complaint about it. Nope it`s Rasha bad. Name me one Russian system that has been used to actually cause mayhem on Armenian lines?

The fact is that even the damn SuperMil was an Israeli/SAF upgrade zith BLR/Ukrainian Atgm`s. Wow...guess Rasha is the new Jew, does everything & rules everybody.

Here is the thing,
    Israel is not our ally. Russia is.

There is a huge difference you know?

I don't want to turn this into a discussion. I am not talking on behelf of my country. I am writing my own views and observations and i think i made my point clear.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:21 am

Russia has no obligation to fight for some land pieces that do not belong to them.

Local people have to to do that for themselves... like we had to do it for ourself during the hot period of 1979-89.

We ourselves didn't blame Russia for not increasing the level of intervention at that time, and I believe you should do the same.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:52 pm

US supported other islamic mujaheedens who later formed Northern Alliance,  Taleban was later  Paki creation and enemy of NI. And even if they did ( for the sake of argument) what super important ally could be hurted by this ?

The US follows the very very stupid policy of the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This means that while claiming to be anti communist it can have friendly relations with communist China in an effort to separate (ie divide and conquer) Russia from potential like minded allies.

Obviously such a policy is short sighted and stupid... when the enemy is defeated there is nothing to stop such an ally which is no friend at all from turning upon you.

The US would support any group opposed to its perceived enemies... ie the Soviet Union and later Russia and still today will happily arm and equip and fund any group or org opposed to Russia... including groups opposed to the USs interests.

Israel and Saudis are in one bed since decades , and US ceased supplying Iran since it started to be "enemy to Israel" after Khomeini revolution. Also Pakistan is unreliable frenemy to US, not important ally.

Pakistan was Americas best ally when it had troops in Afghanistan, and Iran was always opposed to Israel... it was just when CIA puppets were in power that they did not talk about it. Reliable or unreliable you said the US does not supply countries that are not friends or allies... the US supplied Iran with F-14s which were not supplied to any other ally... in fact it was not just the US... Iran funded the development of a brand new tank with expensive and powerful new armour called the Challenger... when the Shah was overthrown the British Army got those tanks and the Abrams benefited from the techology developed with Iranian money...

The only thing that could be comparable to Russia selling powerful arms to Azerbaijan, would be when US started selling to North Korea just to "equal" power balance on the Korean Peninsula, or rockets to Hezbollah .

The US is trying to sell F-18s to India and sells F-16s to Pakistan...

Azeris buyed weapons from Russia ( and others as well)  solely for the purpose of hurting Armenia, so genius detective mind of Sherlock Holmes was not needed to solve the puzzle why they buy that much so fast ...
    But it looks that Russia still didn't care. And Armenians payed by blood cause of this.

Azeris could buy F-22s and it wont make any difference if they don't have superpower support when push comes to shove.

Russia has lost its eastern european market and can't afford to be picky when it comes to weapons sales... business is business. If it came to an actual conflict the Russian support both political and military is worth more than a few toys.

I don't really think our relations can stay as strong as before if Russia continues to sell weapons to Azerbaijan. Armenia itself always remained a trusted ally for Russia. We even stayed togheter about Ukraine crisis and voted in favor of Russia at UN Crimean Resolution .

I can understand your feelings but at the end of the day Russia sells weapons. I rather suspect they will not allow the Azeris to take NK by force or if they try to keep it if taken by force.

I rather suspect a large number of polite men will arrive to NK and they will have a referendum to decide by ballot box... once that decision is made then those polite men will have a mandate to ensure the rule of law in that region.

Maybe after this, Russia may be smart enough to freeze sales to Azerbaijan.

Sales to Azeris gives them some control and creates strings that can be pulled in such times as now... if they bought all their weapons from the US or the west then not only would there be no strings Russia could pull but there would be strings the azeris could pull to drag that western sponsor into the conflict...

Russia did openly sold those arms to azeris, so i don't think anybody career is endangered.

The cold war is over... and with eastern europe now in the enemy camp Russia has to sell to countries who still want to buy.

All in all Russia has to choose between Azerbaijani money or Armenia future in their sphere of influence.
    I don't wanna see another anti-russian country in caucasus, but if Russia doesn't care about that so be it.

Why can't it have both? Though I suspect if Russia uses polite force to ensure peace then the Azeris might wonder about whether buying Russian hardware is worth it and look to turkey or EU or US.

As I said before... invasion and attack wont work as a long lasting solution... any gains they might make can be undone by the Russians overnight. Better to sit down and discuss.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion. I am not talking on behelf of my country. I am writing my own views and observations and i think i made my point clear.

And I am sure an Indian is wondering why Russia is selling Hinds to Pakistan despite their relationship with India... at the end of the day business is business... but keep in mind when push comes to shove and you need help it will be Armenia that benefits from Russian intervention and assistance and not Azerbaijan... that is where the friendship matters and counts.

The best solution is a peace deal... conflict solves nothing except creates more pain and problems.

As they showed in Syria when you need them they can be there, but forcing an artificial outcome will only bite you in the ass later on.

If Russia had stayed in Syria and steam rolled the opposition then Assad would have no reason to negotiate with the Syrian opposition.

Azerbaijan and Armenia need to talk about NK and about its future and NK needs to be part of this discussion... will there be autonomy, and independent state or some other solution that all parties can live with... you can't find that out with the muzzle of an artillery piece. And taking what you think is your by force leaves the situation open to them doing the same later down the track when you are less wary and they are better prepared.

Last edited by GarryB on Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Armenian wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Nobody is expecting Russia fighting for us. We can defend our lands by ourselves.

KoTeMoRe wrote:Haha Armenian griefs are somewhat funny. The biggest single culprit of the recent showdown and emboldening of the Azeri forces has been the Surveillance and drone strike suite that is 100% Israeli. Yet there is no one complaint about it. Nope it`s Rasha bad. Name me one Russian system that has been used to actually cause mayhem on Armenian lines?

Here is the thing,
    Israel is not our ally. Russia is.

There is a huge difference you know?

Was Armenia attacked? Or was Karabakh? Russia has alliance with Armenia, not Karabakh. Even your president went on about how Armenia needs to sign a defense pact with Karabakh. So Russia has no obligations to Karabakh. But they still negotiated peace for the disputed region. It actually benefits Armenia way more than Azerbaijan. Yet it is Azerbaijan who is now praising Moscow and not Armenia praising Moscow. Really strange if you ask me.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 CfcR7_DWEAA3S2C

Another wreck
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:38 pm

GarryB wrote:

Pakistan was Americas best ally when it had troops in Afghanistan,

But that was ages ago and India received how many US weapons against Pakis back then ?
    Not to mention they solely supported Pakistan against India in 1971.

GarryB wrote:
    and Iran was always opposed to Israel...

That is simply not true. Israel and Iran have pretty much more than lukewarm relationship under Reza Pahlavi , and were even sharing some military projects together.

GarryB wrote:
    it was just when CIA puppets were in power that they did not talk about it. Reliable or unreliable you said the US does not supply countries that are not friends or allies... the US supplied Iran with F-14s which were not supplied to any other ally... in fact it was not just the US... Iran funded the development of a brand new tank with expensive and powerful new armour called the Challenger... when the Shah was overthrown the British Army got those tanks and the Abrams benefited from the techology developed with Iranian money...

Like i said under Shah it was entirely different because he was basically Anglo-american puppet. Deposing Mossadegh was their co-production.

GarryB wrote:
    The US is trying to sell F-18s to India and sells F-16s to Pakistan...

Yeah and what of it ? US does not consider Pakis allies nowadays and are trying switching to India ( to counter China and destroy BRICS among other things). So it is perfectly understandable . And Pakis have really nothing to offer to them now, bar being big pain in the ass.

GarryB wrote:
    Russia has lost its eastern european market and can't afford to be picky when it comes to weapons sales... business is business. If it came to an actual conflict the Russian support both political and military is worth more than a few toys.

I actually understand this, cause beggars can't be choosers but all decisions economical or otherwise will have geopolitical consequences and it will be not positive for Russia in long term i'm afraid.

The cold war is over... and with eastern europe now in the enemy camp Russia has to sell to countries who still want to buy.

How could cold war be "over" and EE countries be in "enemy" camp, there is something wrong with this statement.

It is obvious that cold war is still on but Russia lost central and eastern europe, otherwise they would be selling weapons like no tomorrow to Poland for example.

Why can't it have both? Though I suspect if Russia uses polite force to ensure peace then the Azeris might wonder about whether buying Russian hardware is worth it and look to turkey or EU or US.

Azeris are in Turkey camp now, there is nothing Russia can do about it. And this considerably big antirussian sentiment of panturko nationalistic flavour in young azeri population share many similarities with urkian-nazi movement.
    The sooner Russia realizes this the better.

SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:08 pm

The area will be a hotspot until one side prevails and achieves its objectives. Such is the human nature, just diplomacy simply won't work in the long term.

If Azeris decide to have a fully fledged attempt at conquest of NK, Armenia will get involved immediately, and at that point Russian intervention is not far. This is painfully obvious to Azeris, the sole reason they settle for sporadical incidents and fighting: they know they are outmatched in case of a repeated war; no amount of pan-Turkic nonsense, Israeli/UkrOp/RusSoviet/Western gear can change that.

Just accept the reality that there are several parts of the world that will become warzones the moment the international community and bigger factors get preoccupied.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:04 am

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 CfdfbCUUYAAWbDL

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 CfdfbDCVIAAVDvN

Armenians posing with Aze army equipment.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:07 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfdArDlXIAE0yGc.jpg

Graphic content
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:14 pm

When the oil price was high, Azerbaijan had the money to buy weapons from wherever it wanted.

If Russia refused to sell to Azerbaijan, our forces would have faced Merkava instead of T-90 etc etc.

Azerbaijan would have still gotten the weapons it wanted.
    Armenia would have gained nothing
    Russia would have lost income ($$$)
    Russia would have also lost some influence over Azerbaijan (and that could be a loss to Armenia too)
    Israel would have been the winner ($$$)

Of course, as an ally, Russia should not sell to Azerbaijan on ethical grounds. But this is Realpolitiks, ethics has not place in it or on the battlefield.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:50 pm

The ceasefire seems to be holding, but there is sporadic shooting and shelling with some casualties.

Latest reports indicate that our forces have captured an Azeri URAL truck loaded with ammunition. No pictures yet. Will post if they become available.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:38 pm

New UAV shot down today

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 VkaHFK

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 16 KvGl8N

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:41 am