Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
mnrck
GunshipDemocracy
OminousSpudd
psg
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
teh_beard
jhelb
RTN
Maximmmm
LMFS
Azi
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
hoom
Rasisuki Nebia
zepia
Ispan
GarryB
Hannibal Barca
lancelot
x_54_u43
zorobabel
mnztr
Lurk83
thegopnik
PapaDragon
limb
Ghoster
Big_Gazza
Krepost
Finty
Autodestruct
PhSt
andalusia
Singular_Transform
Werewolf
Airbornewolf
Urluber
mack8
d_taddei2
miketheterrible
billybatts91
Broski
Firebird
Regular
bitcointrader70
nomadski
JohninMK
Walther von Oldenburg
Kriva
par far
VARGR198
auslander
Atmosphere
Vann7
Hole
rigoletto
franco
SeigSoloyvov
flamming_python
owais.usmani
Backman
EkErilaz
caveat emptor
kvs
George1
Sujoy
Arkanghelsk
Isos
The Ottoman
ATLASCUB
lyle6
Karl Haushofer
ALAMO
Cheetah
magnumcromagnon
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

Isos
    Isos

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

Post  Isos Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:16 am

Regular wrote:Ukraine has good internet coverage and it wasn't targeted.

Well PR trick is PR trick

Bomb the nodes and they will loose it for good. 100% of their internet goes through cables that are connected with the rest of europe.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

Post  Guest Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:19 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    Orlan wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:How popular is this war in Russia?

Not very much tbh. Again, what war is popular.

You know **** all, it's at 70%

BTW, internet is still operational in Ukraine.  This is a way for Musk to rip Ukrainians off

I highly doubt its at 70% approval rate, noone i know in Russia is very supportive of it or wants it, and i know like 50 people i have regular contact with. Thing is noone of them is ready to go and protest over it, they know its happening and thats it.

Well deputy PM asked Elon on Twitter for it and he allegedly provided it for free...atm i guess.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:20 am

EkErilaz wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    Orlan wrote:Starlink network has been enabled on Ukrainian territory it seems, Elon himself tweeted so.

What does it achieve? Faster internet than now?

I had a look you need special hardware to use it. it is kind of a satellite internet connection, 0.01% of ukrainians will benefit

Antenna and router basically yes.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:21 am

Lots of video and photo verified material and manpower losses for UAF in the last 24hrs. Many claimed losses for Russian forces, but very little in terms of actual hard evidence. Ukraine is pinning a lot on the propaganda war, which is somewhere where the West and friends actually do have "full-spectrum dominance" (the hot air department), Western OSINT crowd is running cover for Ukraine as well, which is making it even more difficult to get a clear idea of things on the ground. It's become a self-sustaining sewage cycle.

Most Russian losses appear to be attacks on the logi train. Not unsurprising given the strategic depth of Ukraine and the rate of advance. Reminds me of IRG almost toasting US logi convoys during 2003 OIF, which was only avoided through sheer dumb luck. What interests me the most is the very cautious approach to this invasion, both in the avoidance of civvy centers and the general C4I. There is a conscious effort underplay their own capabilities for the international audience, the lack of drones is particularly strange.

Anyway, lots of rotary wing operation, saw some over LNR territory at high altitude on video this morning, which indicates SEAD/DEAD is operating very effectively.

GarryB, psg, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole and like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:22 am

Orlan wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Orlan wrote:

BTW, internet is still operational in Ukraine.  This is a way for Musk to rip Ukrainians off

I highly doubt its at 70% approval rate, noone i know in Russia is very supportive of it or wants it, and i know like 50 people i have regular contact with. Thing is noone of them is ready to go and protest over it, they know its happening and thats it.

Well deputy PM asked Elon on Twitter for it and he allegedly provided it for free...atm i guess.

It was done by levada center. Anecdotal evidence, especially from some dolt on the internet, isn't evidence.

So try again

Big_Gazza likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:22 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    Orlan wrote:

Was there poll for war? I thought 70% is current Putin's approval. I know Russians who oppose Putin, but support war and other way around? Russians unlike Americans, never supported interventions, but like blogger Anatoly Karlin said, no matter current sentiment, ALL people will love short and victorious war.
    bitcointrader70

Post  bitcointrader70 Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:23 am

OminousSpudd wrote:Lots of video and photo verified material and manpower losses for UAF in the last 24hrs. Many claimed losses for Russian forces, but very little in terms of actual hard evidence. Ukraine is pinning a lot on the propaganda war, which is somewhere where the West and friends actually do have "full-spectrum dominance" (the hot air department), Western OSINT crowd is running cover for Ukraine as well, which is making it even more difficult to get a clear idea of things on the ground. It's become a self-sustaining sewage cycle.

Most Russian losses appear to be attacks on the logi train. Not unsurprising given the strategic depth of Ukraine and the rate of advance. Reminds me of IRG almost toasting US logi convoys during 2003 OIF, which was only avoided through sheer dumb luck. What interests me the most is the very cautious approach to this invasion, both in the avoidance of civvy centers and the general C4I. There is a conscious effort underplay their own capabilities for the international audience, the lack of drones is particularly strange.

Anyway, lots of rotary wing operation, saw some over LNR territory at high altitude on video this morning, which indicates SEAD/DEAD is operating very effectively.

What are your sources because I want to see?
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:23 am

Regular wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Orlan wrote:

Was there poll for war? I thought 70% is current Putin's approval. I know Russians who oppose Putin, but support war and other way around? Russians unlike Americans, never supported interventions, but like blogger Anatoly Karlin said, no matter current sentiment, ALL people will love short and victorious war.

Putins approval is at 66 or so %. The conflict is at 70%.  5% are against it.

Alex the Greek on YouTube was talking about it. I think 3rd update video. Too lazy to go through it again.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:25 am

Various Telegram OSINT
    Intel Slava Z
    Bellum Acta
    RA Lee on twatter
    Some Russian ones listed before

GarryB, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:26 am

Allegedly in Kiev. Looks and sounds again relatively heavy.

The thing is, at least this level of pounding should be going on 24/7 (of course only against military installations, government buildings, presidential palace etc.). They would not stand it for long.

Hannibal Barca and Arkanghelsk like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:29 am

miketheterrible wrote:

Thanks, polls are just polls and I hardly believe it. Anecdotally I spoke with various russians online and seen interesting phenomenon. Maybe FP can confirm this. At the beginning some unaligned russians were against the war, but thanks to western propaganda and parading of corpses boiled their blood... They just want Ukraine to be crushed and theown into the dust bin. Amount of dehumanisation is insane.

Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Finty and Broski like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:35 am

In western propaganda they tried hard to fake it at first and were careful to call it Putin's war (not Russia's) and so on.
    But it's so obvious they have genuine hatred against all and everything Russian. It so shines through.

If this operation would not take place now in Kiev we would see it in Moscow in few years by the west. I know Russia would blow west off, of course. But that has not stopped them before. Only country crazy enough to use nukes to date is USA - this is a historical fact.

GarryB, miketheterrible, lancelot, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:35 am

Regular wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Thanks, polls are just polls and I hardly believe it. Anecdotally I spoke with various russians online and seen interesting phenomenon. Maybe FP can confirm this. At the beginning some unaligned russians were against the war, but thanks to western propaganda and parading of corpses boiled their blood... They just want Ukraine to be crushed and theown into the dust bin. Amount of dehumanisation is insane.

Honestly, I think this is human nature for most part unless you are out west.

In Canada, dead soldiers don't get much attention. And because of this, most don't care about interventions. So our government can send as many to go die for us adventures with little complaints.

1996 was different though.

kvs, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:35 am

For those doubting about chinese relations with Russia. No need to translate.

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E, Hole, Broski, Admiral Ushakov, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:37 am

Forwarded from Eric Striker

The way Russia is fighting this war is exemplary.

Their doctrine is focused on parachuting men deep in enemy territory, a strategy military schools in the West teach is obsolete. They have been proven wrong.

The Russians could turn Kharkiv into a crater with their artillery tomorrow, yet they are refusing to engage in area bombing in order to spare civilians. They are being precise, patient and methodical.

Compare this to the US in Iraq, who indiscriminately leveled Iraqi cities and slaughtered untold numbers of innocents.

The speed with which the Russian forces are taking territory is unprecedented. This will be studied by future military schools like we study the blitzkrieg or the battle of Inchon today.

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, OminousSpudd, zepia, Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E and like this post

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:39 am

Regular wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Brutality of the "ATO" vets is on full display. Shooting civvies trying to flee Mariupol, infighting in Kiev. Elements of the National Guard are going door to door to "rally" the Defenders of Ukraine. Total shitshow. I am sticking to my two week estimation of total Ukrainian capitulation. Then demarcation will begin

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, nomadski, LMFS, Hole and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:47 am

Regular wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Maybe those Russians who live in the West and pay any attention to Western media at all

I have no reason to personally. I know there's a propaganda war going on and the Kiev misinformation machine is I believe, the strongest, most vile and most innovative in the world. And has now been given full dominance in the entire Western world.

But I don't care. Either VVP pulls this off and somehow turns the odds, turns the Ukrainian population to the Russian side, grabs the criminals and trials them in front of the world.
    Or more likely, he won't.

Because whichever way you spin it Russia has invaded. It's a hell of a tall order to turn that into a liberation.
    We had liberation in WW2. But remember, that this was because Nazi Germany invaded the USSR first, along with all the other countries.
    Urluber

Post  Urluber Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:55 am

Kiev is burning.
    There's big fire on some oil depot after alleged strike. Haven't found video yet from neutral sources so not posting (don't want to post vid from junta-supporting sources).

Now Russia is hitting. Destroying the fuel reserves of Kiev should be good. It will hamper operability of Kievan army.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 36 FMj2X-vXwAAugGG?format=jpg&name=small

Last edited by Urluber on Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza likes this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:57 am

rigoletto wrote:

Officially a new Guiado.

There is no bottom for these people.

It's an official new Cold War.

The Russian people, and its leadership better be ready.

lancelot and Broski like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:59 am

Anyone blind/unaware of the last 8 years of what was done to the LPR/DPR this documentary gives and good impression:

What anyone sees here, is that "western value's" looks like?.
    Doing this to people?.

Russia/putin decision to start this operation. was ...tragic because it means war, but neccesary and understandable.
    It has to be done, and has to be completed according to plan. No half-work.
    De-nazify Ukraine and remove western control over Ukraine's government, And that there are consequences for the West if they do not listen to words.

I have been over this multiple times in my toughts, i always come back to the same conclusion.
    EU and U.S just gave carte blance to Nazi's for pretty much an decade to displace and exterminate donetsk and Lugansk its people with EU and U.S Resources.

I shipped the armoured trucks that where meanth for the OSCE, at least thats what it said according to the documents.

I inquired where they went after being shipped by air to Ukraine, as the papertrail in the administration ended as soon they reached kiev.
    "we dont know" i get. Getting told a week later i should forget about it, administrative error.
    You see often administrative shit in the millitary that goes wrong, and when you superior says its fine and signs on the dotted line.
    It is the end of your responsibility really and you move on with the other transportation tasks.

Then i see the damn things driving around in Donetsk and Lugansk two weeks later to do hit-raids on towns.
    They where unmarked and looked like civilian models, but here pop out the nazi ukraine scum and pull people out of houses.

When MH-17 happened and what i experienced from the NATO side,..that just send me to the Army exit door as soon as i could.

this war has been 8 years in the making.
    There are consequences for what caused this war, and the West will have to go face them now.

The only thing i regret here, is that it costs Russian guys.
    If its any consolidation to their fammily's, they die as heroes.
    fighting the same Nazi scum their grandfathers fought in Ukraine almost 80 years ago.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, LMFS and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:04 am

flamming_python wrote:Because whichever way you spin it Russia has invaded. It's a hell of a tall order to turn that into a liberation.
    We had liberation in WW2. But remember, that this was because Nazi Germany invaded the USSR first, along with all the other countries.

Not only you follow the Western script when you do not count what they did from the Maidan up to now as a gross act of aggression, but you seem to be more concerned about some cheesy ideological purity than about reality and about the suffering of people. Wake up

Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, miketheterrible, Hole, Broski, Admiral Ushakov and Arkanghelsk like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:09 am

Krepost wrote:Belgrade tonight. Where is PapaDragon?
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 36 Fmjhr110

Yeah, I'm here

Apparently El Presidente managed to put together a statement that made both Russia and USA not only happy but are also giving us attaboys

Fu*k if I know how they managed to do it (seems they are capable of pulling that off but giving teachers a pay raise is a tall order)

I guess we skipped getting our balls stomped on for a while

miketheterrible wrote:
    Orlan wrote:.....Not very much tbh. Again, what war is popular.

You know **** all, it's at 70%...

You have any sources on that?

I didn't run into any polls (been avoiding news honestly, kinda stressful events)

What really eats me is being curious about what exactly motivated Russia to go full Rolling Thunder on international relations by starting this because they torched a lot of bridges here for decades to come and apparently entire government and political spectrum seems to be okay with it

What happened? What do they know that we don't? What's the long term plan?

What kicked this off? Because the Ukraine is not exactly new topic but so far they were completely restrained diplomatically and militarily and yet the whole thing went tits up all of a sudden

Any ideas? Seriously asking here

Maximmmm, limb, lancelot, Finty, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:15 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Or more likely, he won't.

My question would be whether was there control of the whole Ukraine planned or only the eastern part?

I mean Kiyev - Transdnistria line? And then years of organic work to denazify population. Even non nazi can be grown up with anitRussian propaganda sold as history. It would be hardest part...

BTW Check out Polish wiki about Azov battalion. Of Urko patriots. They forgot to update their code of arms and kept the one form 2014.
    https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu%C5%82k_%E2%80%9EAzow%E2%80%9D

and now check SS das Reich code of arms. Just coincidential.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:20 am

ι think the goal will be a confederation of 2 entities with the eastern part ensuring the neutrality of the Ukraine, or else partition maybe
    Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:22 am

PhSt wrote:And don't pretend to have the moral high ground, its obvious that you glee in the thought of Russian soldiers dying.

To the contrary, I wish not a single one had been killed in Ukraine. I don’t agree with this war, their deaths serve as further justifications of criticism of the Russian government. Those dead Russian soldiers are victims of Putin’s irrationality.

Last edited by Finty on Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Firebird, Kriva, Admiral Ushakov and Urluber dislike this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:31 pm