Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Rodion_Romanovic
thegopnik
jhelb
VARGR198
psg
Sujoy
TMA1
Azi
sepheronx
RTN
sundoesntrise
ATLASCUB
PhSt
calripson
Backman
Dforce
Serberus
crod
owais.usmani
Eugenio Argentina
Urluber
zorobabel
JohninMK
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Broski
walle83
Isos
Scorpius
SolidarityWithRussia
Belisarius
billybatts91
Regular
wilhelm
xeno
franco
limb
Mir
Singular_Transform
lyle6
Arrow
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Dr.Snufflebug
mnztr
Arkanghelsk
Odin of Ossetia
nomadski
kvs
dionis
GarryB
ucmvulcan
Firebird
Hole
Werewolf
Big_Gazza
ALAMO
caveat emptor
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
LMFS
66 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22

Post  Regular Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:12 am

It's not the damage to the air base and planes that suffered the most, but credibility. Enough of lying, Russia shouldn't be like Ukraine, if stuff goes wrong, then they should admit it and that's it. Be a bigger man as they say.

Pro Russian channels didn't believe the Somonyan nor later official stories about accidents and no damage to planes and etc. It was even before videos of the destroyed planes came out.

I can't stand Ukrainians bullshiting when there is no need to lie, I hope Russia won't become like this.

Werewolf, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, zorobabel, limb, sundoesntrise, Arkanghelsk and like this post

Backman dislikes this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22

Post  PhSt Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:15 am

Dforce wrote:Yes that will do it, if Russia makes sure to kill civilians willy-nilly this war will end in no time. Also, that would make NAFO much more likely to end weapons shipments! Great plan! russia

As usual you will call Nazis "civilians" to push your pro NATzO narrative. Laughing Sooner than later you and your fellow Nazis will be exterminated attack

Werewolf and xeno like this post

limb dislikes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:16 am

PhSt wrote:Unless Russia starts using FOABS on major UkroNazi cities, such incidents will only embolden NATzO to ship more lethal weapons to Pukraine. Russia needs to show the Nazi world that they mean business.

You need planes for that

Kinda hard to use FOABS when your planes are blown to shit on the ground

limb wrote:How about having actual proper security, camouflage, and secure ammo storage for once....

How about using airplanes for killing the enemy?

That would save them a whole lotta a hassle

You win by killing not pussyfooting, there are no second places in wars

sepheronx, Regular, owais.usmani and Arkanghelsk like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:20 am

Dforce wrote:
    PhSt wrote:Unless Russia starts using FOABS on major UkroNazi cities, such incidents will only embolden NATzO to ship more lethal weapons to Pukraine. Russia needs to show the Nazi world that they mean business.
    ¨

Yes that will do it, if Russia makes sure to kill civilians willy-nilly this war will end in no time. Also, that would make NAFO much more likely to end weapons shipments! Great plan! russia

In a way, it could end the war.

I am not advocating this, but winter is coming, and hitting the heating/utility and electrical grid during wintertime would cause an unspeakable humanitarian disaster that would crumble Ukraine more than FOABs hitting population centers. Not that Russia will do it, but they can reach any part of Ukraine and no region would be safe.

NATO weaponry wouldn't help that much to solve this. It would be Himars vs Himars for a sack of firewood.

Werewolf, Big_Gazza and Arkanghelsk like this post

limb

Post  limb Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:24 am

That dforce retard is a troll, jydging by his belief that crimea will be retaken. Probably part of the shiba retards om twitter. Just ignore him.

flamming_python, Backman and Arkanghelsk like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:24 am

Regular wrote:It's not the damage to the air base and planes that suffered the most, but credibility. Enough of lying, Russia shouldn't be like Ukraine, if stuff goes wrong, then they should admit it and that's it. Be a bigger man as they say.

Pro Russian channels didn't believe the Somonyan nor later official stories about accidents and no damage to planes and etc. It was even before videos of the destroyed planes came out.

I can't stand Ukrainians bullshiting when there is no need to lie, I hope Russia won't become like this.
    It's completely irrelevant how did it happen: sabotage, missile attack or negligence. In any case, someone should be court martialed and stripped of rank. And not some sergeant or lieutenant.
    Russian MoD communication department is garbage. Some real dinosaurus sit there. They still behave like it is USSR. Reminds me of Kursk saga.

Big_Gazza, owais.usmani, limb and Arkanghelsk like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:28 am

Military Summery was on Gonzalo Lira's round table. He said the govt is feeling more pressure from the people every day to fight harder with more men. Call up at least some of the 2 million reservists. His words. Start around 30 minutes in.

35:50 is when Military Summery talks about what Russians think

Last edited by Backman on Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

rfan likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:44 am

limb wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:I find these before and after to be clearer:

]

So 15+ destroyed aircraft?

This is more than all fixed wing Russian aircraft shot down in the SMO combined. What the flying ****. From fucking saboteurs. This is a monumental fuckup of the airport security.

How are you so sure these pics are real ?

Nobody seen 15+ explosions. This whole thing has a Navalny/Putins mansion level propaganda effort put into it. I see all the Ukraine threads on various other forums lighting up suddenly. The great unwashed retards really believe that there has been some turning point in the war, just from this bullshit. The Drive is gonna have some hype piece about it surely.

Who's to say these satellite pic sites aren't fabricating shit for the propaganda effort ?

And no. I dont like it when Russia tells too much truth. There are no points for truth. Just don't say anything like the Chinese do.

Last edited by Backman on Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:48 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Regular wrote:It's not the damage to the air base and planes that suffered the most, but credibility. Enough of lying, Russia shouldn't be like Ukraine, if stuff goes wrong, then they should admit it and that's it. Be a bigger man as they say.

It's completely irrelevant how did it happen: sabotage, missile attack or negligence. In any case, someone should be court martialed and stripped of rank. And not some sergeant or lieutenant.
    Russian MoD communication department is garbage. Some real dinosaurus sit there. They still behave like it is USSR. Reminds me of Kursk saga.

You cant guard everything all the time. These attacks have no strategic significance.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs and Mir like this post

rfan dislikes this post

Azi

Post  Azi Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:55 am

limb wrote:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 110

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 210

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 310

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 FZ0j6g3XkAArpPy?format=jpg&name=large

So 15+ destroyed aircraft?

This is more than all fixed wing Russian aircraft shot down in the SMO combined. What the flying ****. From fucking saboteurs. This is a monumental fuckup of the airport security.

I count exactly 7 destroyed aircraft! If the aircraft ist not burned out it can be repaired. For example...Russia "kalibrated" ukrainian airfields and a lot of aircraft were damaged but could be repaired later....that's the reason why Ukraine seems to have soo many aircraft, they were double counted (damaged on ground and later shot down -> technically two kills).

The last two pictures....aircrafts should stay exactly on top of the big white spots on the ground. In the picture after the attack the spots are clearly visible...so no aircraft was here.

Last edited by Azi on Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:57 am

Backman wrote:

You cant guard everything all the time. These attacks have no strategic significance.
    Sorry, military airport has to be guarded even in peacetime and, especially, in wartime. Also, this airport is not in Khabarovsk, but next to the border with Ukraine.

Regular and rfan like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am

Azi wrote:
    I count exactly 7 destroyed aircraft! If the aircraft ist not burned out it can be repaired. For example...Russia "kalibrated" ukrainian airfields and a lot of aircraft were damaged but could be repaired later....that's the reason why Ukraine seems to have soo many aircraft, they were double counted (damaged on ground and later shot down -> technically two kills).
    They will repair only SU-30. Those SU-24 are already on their way out and it is questionable how much flying time, if any, they had.

GarryB likes this post

Azi

Post  Azi Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:14 am

This attack was planned for weeks! This is exactly how Ukrainian army with support from uncle Adolf Sam acts. Militarily the attack makes not really sense, but psychological can be devastating for Russian side.

Ukraine needs PR victories, more than everything else. They are losing this war and they need distraction. Nazi mothafuggaz in Ukraine like Dforce cheer this attack...they are ecstatic in their Nazi universe...Ukraine stron*, Russia will lose tomorrow ;D hahaha. These thugs and clowns are so hilarious I could laugh for years, if it would be not soo sad, because they send thousand over thousands of innocent normal Ukrainians to die at the battlefront.

USA and UK are involved in all of these attacks!!! They share all the data with Ukraine and they have great intel via satellite, drones etc. Russia can't attack the satellites and global hawks because this would result in direct war more or less (I hope less). They plan the attacks with/for Ukraine.
    Now Russia is pussyfooting because they have no other option but USA and pals will become more aggressive from attack to attack...so expect something bigger in the next week's. Sooner or later Russia should say stop and shoot a drone out of the sky or blind a satellite permanent.

If Russia doesn't respect it's own red lines NATzO won't for sure!

rfan likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:22 am

Well it was certainly a PR coup and a legit blow to Russia but let's not overstate shit here and lose our reason. This foremost is what any decent enemy would do if losing. They arent just going to quit. Also they are de facto controlled by the pentagon and western intel apparatus.

With all this said I sense a move to provoke. The damage of a dozen or so planes including expensive elint ones and in Crimea itself. Gives me a sense this was at once a PR move and an attempt to lure Russia to do something. What I obviously don't know.

But saying all this let's not cope and admit it was a desperate but effective move on their part. Also though many will overreact and that feeds into what they want. Keep your reason guys.
    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:23 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 110

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 210

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 310

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 18 FZ0j6g3XkAArpPy?format=jpg&name=large

The airbase is approx. 250 to 300 km away from the front.
    See also here:
    Google Maps
    45 ° 05'28.8 "N 33 ° 35'15.8" E

There are no bunkers that were hit as bushes. Some SU-24 have also protected the fuses. However, these are definitely impacts. No heavy bombs make the deep holes but rather cause surface damage.

See no to small craters. The houses were completely dismantled. Are these pilot accommodations? In any case, there are no bunkers with ammunition.
    The apron was also hit directly. No house or fire nearby, which could explain the damage. There can also be little burning except for the aircraft.

That was not sabotage. Either the airfield was not protected by Tor/Panzir or it has not recorded these weapons, which can be practically excluded. At least two or three rakets would have been started, but could not be seen in any picture or video.

The SAT pictures are very, very suspicious! So shortly before and shortly afterwards means planning and insider knowledge or both.

Whatever this attack did, it will certainly have a very strong impact on the protection of all Russian airbase. Sabotage in the center of an airbase is unlikely. There should have been a lot of C4. See damage to the simple houses.

Attack by air without the goal/Panzir reacts? That would be a disaster and we would see further such attacks and quickly. Also in Iran & Co.!

The main goal was not the planes. These were these buildings. What was in there? Pilot accommodation?

PS: How can an MGM-140 ATACMS be used if it comes from above? Can Tor also capture this in this angle?

Last edited by Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

kvs, JohninMK, TMA1, Arkanghelsk and rfan like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:28 am

RTN wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:I have you on ignore for good reason. Why, oh why, do I succumb to the temptation to just take a peek at your posts?  I should know better...  clown
    Since you haven't figured it out yourself, let me break it to you......apart from being a fool you are a liar and a cheater. Much like a number of posters here, are borderline bipolar in their assessments.

Liar? Cheater? How exactly? With all due respect, you can go and foxtrot yerself. Silly little seppo clown. clown You're not fit to scrub my toilet bowl.

What does an abusive troll need to do to get a holiday around here?

Werewolf, Regular, kvs, Hole, Mir, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:33 am

The attack on crimean base is brazen. They didnt expect this and were not alert. Ruskie air defense is the best in the world and the only peers are Israel and America's aegis system. These systems use artificial intelligence and the best sensors money can buy but if the man in the loop isnt ready it can be compromised. Always remember this. Also ruskies can make silly mistakes but often dont repeat 5hem and DO learn from them. There is more to this than we know so any rash judgement or even careful intelligent guesswork must be taken with heaps of salt in this fog of war. As I said keep our wits about us.

rfan likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:36 am

In spite of silly troll-like comments very often, RTN can make some good points here and there. I love the freedom of speech here and it should always be that way. That said RTN your language is going w bit too far. I know there is probably stuff going on that I dont know but it slides legit convo going on.

GarryB, Regular and JohninMK like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:37 am

TMA1 wrote:The attack on crimean base is brazen. They didnt expect this and were not alert. Ruskie air defense is the best in the world and the only peers are Israel and America's aegis system. These systems use artificial intelligence and the best sensors money can buy but if the man in the loop isnt ready it can be compromised. Always remember this. Also ruskies can make silly mistakes but often dont repeat 5hem and DO learn from them. There is more to this than we know so any rash judgement or even careful intelligent guesswork must be taken with heaps of salt in this fog of war. As I said keep our wits about us.
    Best thing Russian MoD can do, for its reputation among Russians, is to come clean to what happened. Anything else will be perceived negatively by the population. You can't expect anyone to come forward as volunteer or to support war with your own MoD pushing things under the carpet.

JohninMK, TMA1, Arkanghelsk and rfan like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:41 am

I agree with you, but some time needs to pass for the dust to settle and the bullshit to be weeded out of the narratives to see what is going on. I bet Russian MOD has largely done this and is planning multiple things to occur as a result. Transparency should always be part of this. Not like the heinous propaganda I see from the west, which is so flagrant and bad that I am disillusioned by it all.

Big_Gazza, nomadski, Arkanghelsk and caveat emptor like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:47 am

Dforce wrote:Not sure, but smoking is bad for you:

So not saboteurs but an actual strike? Damn.

Oh well, cie la vie.  This is war, and no-one said it would be easy.  Time for a post mortem and figure out what went wrong, and how the Pukies pulled this off.  

One (small) silver lining is that the spectre of SBU infiltrators sneaking in, getting past base security,  setting charges and getting out undetected can now be discounted.  That scenario would have really raised questions about Russian military opsec on home territory.

Maybe Mr Kalibre and Mr Khinzhal will have something to say in the coming days?

Edit: MoD statement in the immediate aftermath was indeed stupid.  Not sure why Russian military spokesmen always seem to have cases of terminal foot-in-mouth syndrome. FFS they need to stop channelling Kiev.  Let them win the Baghdad Bob Award uncontested.

Edit2: The more I look the more I think this wasn't a rocket strike. Saboteurs setting fire to fuelling bunkers perhaps? Gotta stop jumping to conclusions before my morning coffee (or 3) kicks in... Razz

GarryB, kvs and Mir like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:13 am

Backman wrote:Military Summery was on Gonzalo Lira's round table. He said the govt is feeling more pressure from the people every day to fight harder with more men. Call up at least some of the 2 million reservists. His words. Start around 30 minutes in.

35:50 is when Military Summery talks about what Russians think

Mark Sleboda was excellent but those other two idiots sounded like Ukie sympathisers, especially that Dima clown with his West Ukrainian wife.... WTF? To his credit Mark kept his cool, but you could tell he wasn't happy with the empty waffle coming from those two.

flamming_python, kvs and Broski like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:17 am

Azi wrote:
    The last two pictures....aircrafts should stay exactly on top of the big white spots on the ground. In the picture after the attack the spots are clearly visible...so no aircraft was here.

Black smudges are typical on these bays, presumably scorching from engine ignition and heat-up, and their presence doesn't indicate any specific damage. Two aircraft down by the looks.

GarryB likes this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:05 am

Since people love using telegram for evidence

https://t.me/asbmil/3853
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:05 am

In war it pays to lie all the time

There is more at stake then the credibility of your own propaganda or of your explanations to your own people

You might not want the enemy to know what it was they destroyed or if they destroyed anything, for example

Lots of calculations on the line. Don't take it personally.

GarryB, JohninMK and Mir like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:44 am