Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
billybatts91
Manov
zare
owais.usmani
SolidarityWithRussia
bandit6
psg
Gomig-21
mr_hd
George1
Regular
mnztr
0nillie0
ucmvulcan
Backman
sepheronx
JohninMK
T-47
AlfaT8
Ispan
PapaDragon
Airbornewolf
Arrow
par far
thegopnik
Firebird
caveat emptor
TMA1
GunshipDemocracy
Werewolf
AMCXXL
Krepost
VARGR198
xeno
Belisarius
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
The-thing-next-door
Odin of Ossetia
kvs
Dr.Snufflebug
nomadski
ArgentinaGuard
lyle6
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
Pincus Shain
Big_Gazza
Kiko
littlerabbit
Sprut-B
Broski
Sujoy
PhSt
Mir
Isos
higurashihougi
flamming_python
pavi
franco
Godric
d_taddei2
Arkanghelsk
Tolstoy
Hole
GarryB
ALAMO
70 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

Post  ALAMO Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:23 am

Oh, a monkey on rampage because you have opened the cage door. Thank you, sort off ... Laughing Monkeys are funny to watch.

flamming_python, Airbornewolf, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:32 am

thegopnik wrote:-Luna 25 lander got fucked up.

A machine

-Tu-22m3 bomber got hit.

A machine

-still have Ukrainian drones and missiles hit Russian cities.

Rebar and concrete

Geez what a shitty week for Russia. I hope the 42 F-16s are convincing enough for Russia to launch an offensive once they get to Ukraine. Because I doubt Russia will enjoy having 42 of these aircrafts throw cruise missiles into Moscow which might be the final straw.

I suspect those missing NATO cryptography experts will be a heavier blow to their side, than these tragedies that you listed are for the Russian war effort. Namely as they're not tragedies. It's just stuff. Some easy to replace. Some a lot harder. But they're all replaceable. But you can't replace people, not 1 for 1.. when they're gone they're gone, they're a finite resource and every loss is felt by others. Thankfully, none of our guys died in any of the Ukrainian drone strikes or the Russian drone strike against the Moon that you mentioned. Some died in front-line fighting and efforts should continue to minimize our casualties further. There's always room to improve in this area.

Last edited by flamming_python on Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:34 am

NATO propagandists are ramping up their lies and disinformation campaign. This is a clear sign of desperation. However, successful NATO Terrorist attacks inside Russia as well as sabotage operations like what happened to Luna-25, only offer NATO more propaganda points.

Therefore, to offset NATO gains, more punitive measures need to be imposed on Ukraine. Immediately quadruple bombardment strikes in all suspected Ukrainian military and dual purpose targets. Continue to destroy airports, power facilities, food storage and water supply. Destroy all food sources, and starve the entire Ukrainian population into submission. This is the only way to end the war and bring peace to the region. Once all of Ukraine has been liberated and Russified, the next target should be the Baltics and Finnish Nazis.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:40 am

The war in Ukraine will be a stalemate for foreseeable future

It's clear that neither side can break the others defenses

The Ukrainians will keep attacking that line , and Russia will defend it

And that's the way it will go on for years and years

NATO is going to be funding it, and the world economy will be fucked like this for many years

It's quite boring following the latest attacks on some random hohol village, or some drones hitting the bridge for a third time or some other random object

Anyway I'm not going to Crimea anytime soon, I'm gonna enjoy Sochi skiing this year, I'd rather go to the beach in Thailand (Koh Pi Pi, or Koh Phangan or Turkey (Oludemiz) then get fucked off in Crimea

Skiing is good in Sochi I really like that , I'm an avid skier and Krasnaya Polyana is actually decent compared to other resorts , I'm quite happy Russia has its own powder resorts

I like the beach too, but I can think of plenty of places rather be than Crimea tbh

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total

owais.usmani likes this post

Broski dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:42 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:The war in Ukraine will be a stalemate for foreseeable future

The Ukrainians will keep attacking that line , and Russia will defend it

And that's the way it will go on for years and years

NATO is going to be funding it, and the world economy will be fucked like this for many years

It's quite boring following the latest attacks on some random hohol village, or some drones hitting the bridge for a third time or some other random object

Anyway I'm not going to Crimea anytime soon, I'm gonna enjoy Sochi skiing this year, I'd rather go to the beach in Thailand or Turkey then get fucked off in Crimea

Skiing is good in Sochi I really like that , I'm an avid skier

I like the beach too, but I can think of plenty of places rather be than Crimea tbh

Archie you can go surrender to the Ukrs and NATO right now. Go. Now

It's okay

We won't miss you anyway cheers

PapaDragon, Sprut-B, LMFS, TMA1 and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:51 am

flamming_python wrote:

It's okay

I been working at FBK, not navalny, the consulting firm lol

making good money there dude, I thought when Grant Thornton fucked off it was over but I know people at the firm now and got in dude

Quite happy with that as I'm getting paid decent, and I won't be near that shitshow in Ukraine

But excited to plan some nature trips towards end of year dude
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:56 am

sepheronx wrote:The loss of the Tu-22M3 is bad. Very vital in use as a cruise missile launcher.  Why they are based near Ukraine is beyond me. At that, there needs to be heavy EW and anti drones near all the airforce bases.

Russia is only using about 20% of its tu-22 fleet on SMO strikes and it only plans to modernize 30 to the M3M standard. They have a lot of frames in storage so its really not a big deal as they are already remanufacturing them to M3M standard. they are flying the TU-95 with about 30% missile load. So their deliver capacity VASTLY outstrips the needs or missile supply, whatever you wanna believe.

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, zardof, littlerabbit and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:57 am

497 Tu-22m/M3 were built, 60 were scrapped in Ukraine, Russia has around 60 in service that leaves a handful destroyed in various ways over the years that leaves around 370 approximately left laying around and no doubt a decent amount will be in storage. So no hardship really bringing one out of storage and overhauling and upgrading it. No pilots or crew were killed so all good.

GarryB, flamming_python, Airbornewolf, kvs, Godric, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:09 am

Its hilarious that Miss Low Def celebrates the drone strike that took out one Tu 22, why no coverage of the large assembly of drone strike operatives? Hmmm? Oh wait, its because he is full of crap. As far as Tu-22, well one plane does suck. A couple helicopters in recent days does too. However, lets put this in perspective. As others have mentioned, Russia has lots of Tu-22s air frames and in a month or so that plane will be replaced. The copters? Well that stinks too, what is even more sad is the one pilot who died when his chopper was shot down. Wanna know what's even sadder Miss Low Def? The fact that in 60+ days of "offensive" Ukraine has lost 50,000 troops while not even reaching the first line of Russian defensive in Zaprozhiye or Kherson. Bakhmut, which they vowed they would retake is still nowhere near their new lines and in other areas of the front Russia has a lot more land than they did at the start of the Ukrainian "offensive."

Then there's Luna. Well that stinks, but Russia is capable of learning from this setback in space and sending a new probe. I should know, my country lost a couple probes it sent to Mars and then a couple years later launched a very successful probe. Roscosmos is capable of doing the same. So yeah, a plane being bombed is sad. Terror attacks on Moscow sucks too, losing a couple helicopters and a pilot is sad, but ask yourself this Miss Low Def or is it Mr Down Low, what do these Ukrainian "achievements do to change the war? Really, they don't. Ukraine is now somewhat smaller than it was two months ago, but yeah you hit a plane, a month ago you hit a bridge and its back up. An ammo dump got hit too, but nothing changes. Russia losing? In what universe? Not this one. However, keep huffing the copium.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Begome, Broski and Belisarius like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:47 am

PhSt wrote:
    But if you deliver perfectly on Venus, you can't always fail so colossally on the Moon or Mars. Therefore, somewhere a value must be wrong that is used over and over again.

NATO still haven't successfully planted Saboteur groups in the Russian space program at the time, also, the Boeing X-37 isn't in existence yet at that time, this aircraft possibly has a special instrument capable of disruption communication lines between Roscosmos and its outer space probes. This spacecraft needs to get rammed by "accident" by one of Russia's maneuverable satellites.

Dude, put down the gamepad

There's no conspiracy here, Russians simply fùcked up as usual and crashed the probe

That's all there is to it

These are the same people who leave strategic bombers out in the open FFS

sepheronx and owais.usmani like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:50 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

It's okay

making good money there dude, I thought when Grant Thornton fucked off it was over but I know people at the firm now and got in dude

Quite happy with that as I'm getting paid decent, and I won't be near that shitshow in Ukraine

Snap out of it. This is a major war on the cusp of becoming world war. Russia is in the right. Screw the fog of war and propaganda. As Alex Jones always says we have their white papers. We know the neocons/neolibs have plans for Crimea and they desire to make the black sea a natosphere lake. They want Ukrains to be a destabilizing regime to Russia. They ultimately desire regime change.

I hate the cliques in power here. But that said if say China was pushing hundreds of millions to gov bureaus and non profits/NGOa to regime change my country I'd want fucking blood. It is clear for anyone with some objectivity that Russia must either resist the west or perish as a major power on this earth. Russians must resist. Otherwise the cliques here in America and over in europe will hold almost all the cards of power and even China would ultimately relent to them. This cannot be allowed.

There are going to be tragedies and screw ups. But one thing I know about Russia is that they may be ridiculous at starting something, they always learn and grow and adapt and at the end succeed. Anyways Godspeed and dont lose hope homie. I fear mich darker times may be ahead of is but we must hold to the truth and hold to what is right.

GarryB, kvs, JohninMK, zardof, Gomig-21, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:23 am

This shows how dangerous drones are. Russia has the largest and most modern AD system in the world. Drones, however, can sneak through even such a powerful system. You don't need sophisticated hypersonic missiles like Iskander or Cirkon. This is a big loss for Russia.

Well actually only destroying one aircraft is a weak and useless attack on the scale of things and is more likely to bite Ukraine in the arse than win the conflict for them.

The other factor is that their own airdefence and the air defence in the west is orders of magnitude less capable so they are actually rather more vulnerable to this sort of attack than Russia is, which really should be more cause for concern in the west.

The fact that the west does not have Iskander or Zircon means their options are fewer and they are rather more vulnerable.

It has been over a year and the number of drone attacks that did any actual damage can be counted on two hands... imagine then trying to could all the assets and people on Ukraines side that are destroyed because of Russian drone attacks let alone those destroyed with modern artillery and air power and other weapons.

Maybe that will make them think harder on building some sort of shelter for planes?

Having them all inside shelters wont help much and would cost quite a bit of money that could otherwise be spent on other things.

.I have no idea why the cheerleaders are trying to claim russia doesn't import stuff from allies for the war, when they do.

They are not trying to claim Russia does not import things, what they are denying is taht Russia is relying on imports because they are a gas station that produces nothing for itself.

Plus western media lies as a matter of course so even if they said the sky was blue why would anyone believe them?

The level of denying reality here is insane sometimes

Western media has the reputation it has earned. If they want to be believed then start telling the truth as a choice.

America was built on Truth and Justice... truth and justice was supposed to be the American way, but lies and revenge is all you have now... you are lost and broken.

I have heard rumors in the pro Z side that they aren't impressed with how much help China is giving

They wont be giving Russia anything. Anything Russia gets will be sold. China does not have Russia under sanction and western laws do not apply to the rest of the world... that is why Chinese exports to Russia are a news story... they are breaking our sanctions on Russia... like that is a crime.

Another reason to make fun of them.

Russians building shelters for planes?

Don't be silly, everyone knows that open air is the best protection for planes

They specifically targeted this aircraft... if it happened to be in an armoured aircraft shelter they just would have looked around for an easier target or flown the drone in through an open door or something...

If you ban knives and guns then you don't stop knife or gun crime...

I hope the 42 F-16s are convincing enough for Russia to launch an offensive once they get to Ukraine. Because I doubt Russia will enjoy having 42 of these aircrafts throw cruise missiles into Moscow which might be the final straw.

Those F-16s wont make any difference at all... just make Ukrainian pilots easier to kill.

Also, why is their website not accessible here in Canada??

Your Canadian government knows you are fucking stupid... most of you believe American crap, so they realise what a risk it would be to expose you to the truth and so you are banned from that site.

No it won't. The ones doing it are ukrainians. They are already targeting their nuclear forces.

The US is weapon provider and guarantor, so if there are problems you deal with the boss.

If the US accepts the word of Kiev that cluster munitions and long range guided missiles wont be used against civilian targets then of course Kiev needs to be punished but the US continues to supply and continues to believe the lies from Kiev... but in reality these attacks are likely approved in the US... they might as well get some bang for the billions they are feeding into this conflict.

Once this SMO is over, we will see new infrastructure, bases modernised, weapon storage facilities etc rebuilt or built from scratch.

Once the SMO is over why would they need new hardened aircraft shelters.

And BTW hardened aircraft shelters big enough for all their strategic Tupolevs would be huge and enormously expensive...

As far loosing a TU-22M3, they have plenty left, but would need to set up more active and passive anti drone systems, to protect the modernised TU-22M3M versions where ever they are or will be based.

Honestly for strikes in Europe I would say the replacement for the MiG-31 (MiG-41) together with the replacement for the Kinzhal (scramjet powered and custom designed for air launch and long range at very very high speed) will mean the theatre bomber role will reduce dramatically, and the PAK DA will take up the bombing aspect...

We have a number of finalised systems ready or being put into production, like the mini missiles for the Panstir, new programmable 23mm ammunition, as well as new radars and sensors. So alot is being done behind the scenes, MIC, research and development are not sitting idle.

There are mini missiles for Pantsir (four mini missiles for each tube for the previous missile) and mini missiles for the TOR system (double the missile load at least) but also new mini missiles of about 10kgs with shorter range and active radar homing intended to shoot down incoming artillery shells and artillery rockets in large numbers.

No to mention airburst ammo for 23mm and 30mm and 57mm calibres as well as jammers and EW equipment and of course SOSNA and Kornet and Bulat type missiles too... and simply using attack drones that hunt other drones...

The anti drone systems are being developed and entering testing no doubt on a real front line...

How is the west going to afford replacing the ammo and weapons it donated already plus producing more ammo and weapons to replace empty storage... and also develop a complete new air defence network... it is going to cost trillions... but then when you throw trillions away trying to damage Russia... what an interesting future the west has created for itself.

NATO propagandists are ramping up their lies and disinformation campaign. This is a clear sign of desperation. However, successful NATO Terrorist attacks inside Russia as well as sabotage operations like what happened to Luna-25, only offer NATO more propaganda points.

Ironically successful terrorism strikes inside Russia just lower the bar for what can be hit or destroyed in Ukraine or should I say the former Ukraine.

Probably something the US wants... Putin to take the gloves off so the Orcs have no option to surrender, but that is not happening either.

Hitting HATO meetings is a nice positive step for Russia... keep it up guys.

Not at all... Kiev is currently burning through its resources that were supposed to get it to the Crimea before the Autumn rains, while Russia is using the bare minimum forces to hold Kievs forces in place and blunt their attacks... they could spring a counter offensive at any time if they wanted to... but coordinating that with the weather and the politics of the situation... this is bleeding the entire west... why not drag it on a year or two more?

When Biden goes the US isn't going to want to keep this going and without the US the EU can't do shit on their own... you can hear the panic in their voices when Trump makes comments like it is a problem for Europe and not something the US should be funding at all.

Sounds like the ghost of Aristide returns... What a Face

psg, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, kvs, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:38 am

Guys, how would you go about breaking the stalemate at the frontline?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:41 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Guys, how would you go about breaking the stalemate at the frontline?

If I was Ukrainian? I wouldn't. It's a suicide-mission

If I was Russian? No need, there's no stalemate, all that needs to be done is just to hold positions against the Ukrainian human waves, wait for the big order and then whatever's left of Ukraine's reserves can be brushed aside during the advance to the Dnepr, or the advance on Kiev or whatever's planned.

franco, Firebird, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Walther von Oldenburg and like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:50 am

FP, would you support another wave of mobilization?
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:30 pm

Russia has 250,000 troops trained in reserve. 
    This number is on the lower end of the estimates.

Is this enough to take Kiev ?
    Depends on how many "defenders" the regime can come up with. 

An outstanding and long interview with Lukashenko
    He is very generous sometimes.  Very Happy

It´s not a stalemate if the side with less men, machines and capabilities is losing 20 times more than the other.

370 approximately left laying around
    There are roughly 60 in reserve.

Shelters won´t protect planes along the flightline.

franco, kvs, Backman and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:18 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:FP, would you support another wave of mobilization?

It's not a question of whether I support another wave of mobilization specifically. I don't have all the information the general staff and political leadership have to be able to make an informed decision.

I support whatever measures Russia needs to take to defend itself. If another mobilization wave is necessary, and I rather suspect it is to relieve the poor bastards already fighting for 12-18 months there with some green recruits, well then so be it.

kvs and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:34 pm

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, zardof, starman and Belisarius like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:35 pm

Hole wrote:

Shelters won´t protect planes along the flightline.

according to fighterbomber tg channel shelters wont be very much helpful as that was clearly ukro saboteur group. They supposed to choose drones to kind of attack - if in shelter you use gate, In such care the best solution would be
    smersh
    i mean infantry actively scanning area. FB says at least one battalion . Well let's see how it develops. Surely killing all saouteurs would have nice effect on next volunteers from ukroreich side.
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:53 pm

There is supposed to be a new grain deal.

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:02 pm

next two vids NSFW for physical injuries.

Ukrainian POV, Returning from failed assault on RF positions

RF suicde drone pursues retreating ukrainian infantry at Zaporozhye direction.

franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Godric, zardof, starman and like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:13 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Guys, how would you go about breaking the stalemate at the frontline?

What stalemate? Shocked
    have you seen the sources on TG?. Smile

Ukrainian's just keep coming at the Russians like a bunch of Lemmings trying the same thing over and over again.
    Passing by the dead and wreckage of their predecessors just to experience the same fate.

Mines everywhere that the Russians replace by remote launch.
    Artillery pre-dialed in at killzones.
    Airforce skulking about looking to put a missile into NATO armor.
    Lancet's and FPV's everywhere, chasing anything that's Ukrainian. including air defense forces and infantry.
    Then you got the dug in RF infantry with armor support.

of course Russian troops are fighting tough battles, and in war. sometimes things go wrong.
    But i would not call this a stalemate when Russian forces make whole platoons disappear in the span of minutes/hours.

The destruction of the Ukrainian army is the primary goal, i'd say that is going according to plan.

franco, psg, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, JohninMK, zardof, Sprut-B and like this post

bandit6

Post  bandit6 Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:55 pm

The only solution is either Gas(Chemical) or nukes.

This conflict has generated bad blood that will take 2 or 3 generations to subside. As long as Ukraine exists Russia will always have an enemy looking over it's backyard fence waiting for an opportunity to strike

Broski dislikes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:10 pm

flamming_python wrote:

It's not a question of whether I support another wave of mobilization specifically. I don't have all the information the general staff and political leadership have to be able to make an informed decision.

I support whatever measures Russia needs to take to defend itself. If another mobilization wave is necessary, and I rather suspect it is to relieve the poor bastards already fighting for 12-18 months there with some green recruits, well then so be it.

Some of you may die, but it's a risk I am willing to take

lol1
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:38 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Some of you may die, but it's a risk I am willing to take

lol1

Good to know your position bud. Although I guessed as much anyway.

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, Airbornewolf, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:19 am