Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
billybatts91
Manov
zare
owais.usmani
SolidarityWithRussia
bandit6
psg
Gomig-21
mr_hd
George1
Regular
mnztr
0nillie0
ucmvulcan
Backman
sepheronx
JohninMK
T-47
AlfaT8
Ispan
PapaDragon
Airbornewolf
Arrow
par far
thegopnik
Firebird
caveat emptor
TMA1
GunshipDemocracy
Werewolf
AMCXXL
Krepost
VARGR198
xeno
Belisarius
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
The-thing-next-door
Odin of Ossetia
kvs
Dr.Snufflebug
nomadski
ArgentinaGuard
lyle6
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
Pincus Shain
Big_Gazza
Kiko
littlerabbit
Sprut-B
Broski
Sujoy
PhSt
Mir
Isos
higurashihougi
flamming_python
pavi
franco
Godric
d_taddei2
Arkanghelsk
Tolstoy
Hole
GarryB
ALAMO
70 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:27 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Good to know your position bud. Although I guessed as much anyway.

I'm not the one sending 300,000 guys to the frontline without rotation for 12 to 18 months

Lol that's literally the governments position

I thought that those "250k volunteers" were like some badass invasion force

Turns out, most of them are just there to relieve already exhausted troops

And now they want to draft people to replace those guys???

So offensives are not even possible, Russia cannot conduct any meaningful offensives and will be stuck fighting nazis for 10+ years

It's a disaster of epic proportions, and you think normal people are gonna stick around for this?

**** that dude, skiing lovely later this year

I myself will go tell Kartopolov and Medvedev to go and **** themselves

Wagner already showed how to do it thumbsup

owais.usmani likes this post

Backman dislikes this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

Post  Werewolf Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:43 pm

I'm not the one sending 300,000 guys to the frontline without rotation for 12 to 18 months

I usually do not reply to zoo exhibits, but you are smoking some hard stuff.

Both are rotating multiple times their personal side. This might not apply as frequent to mercs, but they also do not fall under either MoD.

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, psg, Airbornewolf, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:58 pm

Werewolf wrote:

I usually do not reply to zoo exhibits, but you are smoking some hard stuff.

Both are rotating multiple times their personal side. This might not apply as frequent to mercs, but they also do not fall under either MoD.

Yeah , that's why they're about to draft the next fodder group of 300,000 - because we have so many volunteers lol

Don't worry dude, you gonna have excellent footage for next 10 years to wack off to on twitter/X, preserved by telegram guys and western cheerleaders!

You can cheer on your favorite dead Russians from the comfort of your room for a good long while thumbsup

Me? I'm fucking out of here thumbsup

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:59 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Good to know your position bud. Although I guessed as much anyway.

Lol that's literally the governments position

I thought that those "250k volunteers" were like some badass invasion force

Turns out, most of them are just there to relieve already exhausted troops

And now they want to draft people to replace those guys???

So offensives are not even possible, Russia cannot conduct any meaningful offensives and will be stuck fighting nazis for 10+ years

It's a disaster of epic proportions, and you think normal people are gonna stick around for this?

**** that dude, skiing lovely later this year

I myself will go tell Kartopolov and Medvedev to go and **** themselves

Wagner already showed how to do it thumbsup

You do you and go whereever the hell you want

I've stated my own position on the matter and there is nothing more to say.

Mir likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:26 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:

Yeah , that's why they're about to draft the next fodder group of 300,000 - because we have so many volunteers  lol

Don't worry dude, you gonna have excellent footage for next 10 years to wack off to on twitter/X, preserved by telegram guys and western cheerleaders!

You can cheer on your favorite dead Russians from the comfort of your room for a good long while thumbsup

Me? I'm fucking out of here  thumbsup

From all your posting was clear that you are an unhinged c*u*n*t, but you didn't have to publicly announce it here.

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:44 pm

Germany is procuring the Arrow-3 SAM system from Israel. They will perhaps send this to Ukraine as well.

The only difference that I notice compared to other western SAM system is that Arrow 3 KV has a unique design compared to other KV models such as the one on the US SM-3 interceptor. It uses a single large thruster that can swivel for control, instead of multiple smaller ones. This simplifies the system. The KV also has an electro-optical seeker in the front to track the target. The seeker head can move on a gimbal to allow off-boresight tracking. When the KV gets close to the target, it uses the hit-to-kill method to intercept it.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:45 pm

caveat emptor wrote:

From all your posting was clear that you are an unhinged c*u*n*t, but you didn't have to publicly announce it here.

All you do is subtly celebrate dead Russians with your smug posts and video clips

Your dumbass posts a Russian squad get wiped and then debates if they are wearing Iranian camo or have a north Korean helmet on

I really don't give a **** what you think

owais.usmani likes this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:09 pm

Sujoy wrote:Germany is procuring the Arrow-3 SAM system from Israel. They will perhaps send this to Ukraine as well.

The only difference that I notice compared to other western SAM system is that Arrow 3 KV has a unique design compared to other KV models such as the one on the US SM-3 interceptor. It uses a single large thruster that can swivel for control, instead of multiple smaller ones. This simplifies the system. The KV also has an electro-optical seeker in the front to track the target. The seeker head can move on a gimbal to allow off-boresight tracking. When the KV gets close to the target, it uses the hit-to-kill method to intercept it.

Perhaps but pretty sure the Israeli's won't allow that... don't want to piss off Uncle Vlad affraid

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, Gomig-21, Hole and Mir like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:12 pm

franco wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:Germany is procuring the Arrow-3 SAM system from Israel. They will perhaps send this to Ukraine as well.

Perhaps but pretty sure the Israeli's won't allow that... don't want to piss off Uncle Vlad affraid
    I can see Syria getting some new and upgraded air defense systems real soon.

GarryB, franco, GunshipDemocracy, Gomig-21, Hole and Mir like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:16 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

Yeah , that's why they're about to draft the next fodder group of 300,000 - because we have so many volunteers  lol

Me? I'm fucking out of here  thumbsup

We are at the peak of Ukraine/US's biggest gambit (the counter offensive). But you seem to be under the impression that the war will continue at this intensity for the next 10 years.

GarryB, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:49 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:

All you do is subtly celebrate dead Russians with your smug posts and video clips

Your dumbass posts a Russian squad get wiped and then debates if they are wearing Iranian camo or have a north Korean helmet on

I really don't give a **** what you think

And you are both a coward and a moron. It's the case of throwing a stone from a glass house.

Anyway, this shitfest being spewed is meaningless. We know exactly what the 250 - 300K men are doing. Reserves and rotation. The planned more if ever happens, is for increase of units.

As for if it's planned, nothing said yet. It's all speculation. Instead of crying about it and worried about it, maybe wait till something is said?

I'm more interested in actual events and not the opinions of some no name.

GarryB, xeno, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:26 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:FP, would you support another wave of mobilization?

I would, but I'm not Russian.  russia

GarryB and Odin of Ossetia like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:33 pm

Guys, what will be the significance of Russia capturing Kupyansk?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:06 pm

We do not know how many of the 300,000 directly mobilized are being actively deployed. There are 200,000+ volunteers on top of this number since
    last fall. I doubt that Russia has 500,000 + 200,000 (pre-mobilization) men "at" the front (includes rotation).

sepheronx, GarryB, Hole and Mir like this post

Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:33 pm

Zelensky is now demanding US Ballistic missiles, Yanks have said no and pointed out to Ukraine they don't make them enough quantities, i think the Yanks know if they did supply them then there will be big mushrooms throughout NATzO land

GarryB, kvs, Mir and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:44 pm

3h
    Supplement for Kupyansk (as of 08/21/2023)

From the city there is an active evacuation of civil and military authorities. Coordinated rocket and artillery strikes of the RF Armed Forces destroyed up to two ammunition depots of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The destruction of one of the two existing crossings over the Oskol is confirmed. To evacuate enemy units from the Sakhzavod and Kupyansk-nodal area, a pontoon crossing is being built. The SBU has become more active in the city, work is underway on the pro-Russian population. The medical staff of city hospitals and equipment is also subject to evacuation. Engineering and sapper units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are preparing to mine the city in order to impede our advancement in conditions of dense buildings. It is reported that TM-62 mines were brought into the city on several grain trucks.

Regarding the plans for the retreat of the enemy, the most likely option is to the South, towards Borovaya, where there is a dam for the crossing. Withdrawal to Volchansk is hardly possible and illogical due to the risk of loss of personnel and equipment during the withdrawal of columns. In order to mislead our troops, the enemy is actively doing stuffing through the network, and is also carrying out disinformation activities, distributing data about false headquarters and positions in the Kupyansky district.

It is noted that the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine made a bet on the southern sector of the front, transferring all the main reserves for assault operations on the Orekhovsky and Veliko-Novoselovsky sectors of the front. The enemy practically did not engage in strengthening the defense in the Kharkov direction, apparently counting on the possibility of a strike on the border with the Belgorod region. Now there are big questions from Kyiv to the command on the ground - how did it happen that the defense of Kupyansk de facto failed. About two weeks ago, the Armed Forces of Ukraine began to bring reserves into the city, even up to 12 T-64BV tanks from the Kharkov Armored Plant were brought in. However, now they are trying to bring them to the western outskirts of the city.

The situation for the enemy is becoming more complicated every day, but we should not have any illusions either. Leaving the city, the Armed Forces of Ukraine will not leave without gifts. Not casually so actively there is an evacuation of the population. After the construction of the defensive line behind Moskovka and Boarding School is completed, it is possible that the Western (right-bank) part of the city will be in the zone of enemy fire control. Especially, taking into account the data on the work in this area of 2 units of the M142 HIMARS MLRS and 1 Caesar self-propelled guns.

@Multi_XAM

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, PapaDragon, Hole and Mir like this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:46 pm

A catastrophic situation has developed for the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Kupyansk, by Lyubov Stepushova for Military Pravda. 08.21.2023.

A catastrophic situation has developed for the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Kupyansk region due to the offensive of the RF Armed Forces. It was no coincidence that Supreme Commander Vladimir Putin came to the headquarters of the Northern Military District in Rostov-on-Don.

Levoberezhny Kupyansk is almost Russian

In Kupyansk, on Sunday, a bridge was blown up on the Oskol River, which connected the city center with the left-bank part.

According to the Telegram channel "Kupyansky District for Friends", you can't drive over the bridge, cars are turned around. Yesterday, "KMK (Kupyansky Dairy Plant) was on fire on the left bank, there was an arrival," but the firefighters were in no hurry to get there, since they now have access to the left bank only through Senkovo ​​or Borovoy, the author of the channel reports.

The Telegram channel MultiXAM writes that the Armed Forces themselves blew up the bridge - "this is a signal to us that they do not plan to defend the eastern part of the city."

According to the channel, there are no defensive structures in the vicinity of Kupyansk, now the Armed Forces of Ukraine are completing the construction of a defense line to the west of the city in the Shevchenkovo ​​area. The number of military personnel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in this area is far from the reserves required for a counteroffensive. Mobilized units from Odessa and Lvov are standing on the site, which create the appearance of the presence of the army.

Other Telegram channels report that it was the Russian Armed Forces who destroyed the bridge in order to cut off parts of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the left bank of the Oskol. Yesterday afternoon, powerful artillery preparation began in the Kupyansk direction. All types of weapons were used, including: TOS "Solntsepyok", MLRS "Smerch", "Hurricane", FABs (500, 250).

Russian Armed Forces occupied Sinkovka

There are also reports that the Russian army has taken control of the village of Sinkovka in the Kharkov region, 6 km from Kupyansk. There were long battles in its vicinity. Information for RIA Novosti was confirmed by the head of the region Vitaly Ganchev.

The occupation of Sinkovka will enable the Russian Armed Forces, moving around Petropavlovka, to move towards the northeastern outskirts of Kupyansk.

It is also reported that to the south of this direction, the RF Armed Forces carried out a tank breakthrough from the settlements of Kislovka-Kotlyarovka in the direction of Kupyansk. The cauldron is brewing, pontoons are being prepared to force the Oskol.

The strategic heights in the suburbs of Kupyansk are ours, writes the Kharkiv Direction Telegram channel.

Kupyansk - everything? Zelensky collects the bet

The transfer of reserves to the Kupyansk direction did not help the Armed Forces of Ukraine stop the Russian offensive. A demonstrative visit to the headquarters of the grouping of the commander of the Ground Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Alexander Syrsky also did not help. Telegram-channel "Resident" writes that Syrsky reported to Vladimir Zelensky about the worsening situation for the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Kupyansk direction, and asked "to call a bet on this track."

There are still unconfirmed reports that the officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine left Kupyansk . The entire administrative staff was also completely evacuated. Military medics left earlier (confirmed).

Panic on Ukrainian channels.

“Some people have already left Kupyansk, apparently, that’s all,” writes Anatoly Shariy in Telegram.

RF Armed Forces are preparing a strike in the direction of Kharkov

It is noteworthy that almost exactly a year ago Kupyansk was abandoned by the Russian army precisely because of the destroyed bridges. This made it impossible to supply the city. 

It is likely that the Russian Armed Forces are preparing for a large-scale strike; it is no coincidence that Supreme Commander Vladimir Putin visited the headquarters of the NWO in Rostov-on-Don days earlier. According to Ganchev, "the front line for a global, large-scale attack on Kharkov will be leveled in the near future."

https://military.pravda.ru/1875655-kupiansk/

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, kvs, PapaDragon, zardof, Sprut-B and like this post

SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:57 pm

Are we going to see a major frontline shift in the near future or is Russia still grinding down Ukrainian suicide attacks?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:59 pm

Its a pity they called both the ballistic and cruise types the same name, just added K and M on the end. Very confusing in the press.

Not that it matters if the gift is destined for you. Very Happy

Looks like this could be the one that came it at 1 metre high along the pavement.

Zlatti71
    @djuric_zlatko
    ·
    30m
    🚀 Photos of the missile that struck the drone exhibition in Chernihiv on August 19 have emerged.

Media reports, citing the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), state that it was an "Iskander" missile.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 24 F4Ex8t-WgAE1SZE?format=png&name=small

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, zardof, Gomig-21 and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:11 pm

Zlatti71
    @djuric_zlatko
    5h
    🇷🇺 In Kupyansk, Russian artillery targeted a meeting of Ukrainian Armed Forces commanders.

Local residents report a powerful strike in the area of Sadovaya Street and Novaya Pochta. According to some information, this is the office of a local deputy, where a meeting of Ukrainian military officers took place during the explosion on August 20.

➕ There were several dozen cars with distinctive "Banderite" symbols at the office.

✔ In closed chats, members of the 14th brigade, stationed in the Kharkiv region, confirm losses among the command staff after yesterday's artillery shelling.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 24 F4DvkX4WAAAfeA9?format=jpg&name=small

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 24 F4DvlsYWsAAWgGo?format=jpg&name=small

GarryB, franco, psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:17 pm

And it was an Iskander - K Laughing

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, flamming_python, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Sprut-B and like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:37 pm

kvs wrote:We do not know how many of the 300,000 directly mobilized are being actively deployed.   There are 200,000+ volunteers on top of this number since
    last fall.   I doubt that Russia has 500,000 + 200,000 (pre-mobilization) men "at" the front (includes rotation).  

We just don't know at this point. I think the 250,000 that Luka was talking about are different than the 300,000 that were called up in the fall of 2022. Luka was proud about how many volunteered. It wouldn't make sense for him to be proud of the 300k that were called up.

So if we add the 2, we are looking at 550,000 excluding whatever is going on with Wagner and Belarus troops

GarryB and d_taddei2 like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:46 pm

If Russia has 550,000+ troops being trained up and has a drone advantage, air advantage , cruise missile advantage, pretty much an everything advantage, I don't see how Russia cant do big arrow offensives with moderate/acceptable casualties.

Large encirclements are the most economic way take troops out on the opposing side. This head to head offense/defense should not go on for another couple years. Russia cant press its advantage to the best of its ability in this head to head war.

Hole likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:52 pm

With the permission of the RuAF Smile

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 24 F4DE7XvXoAAwoBn?format=jpg&name=small

PapaDragon and Hole like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:13 pm

And it was an Iskander - K
    K like "Kaputt".  lol1

With the permission of the RuAF 
    Will be held by the VKS.

Airbornewolf, GunshipDemocracy, zardof, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Mir and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:21 pm