Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

4 posters

T-90 Main Battle Tank #2 thread in the Russian Army section is broken

GarryB
    GarryB

T-90 Main Battle Tank #2 thread in the Russian Army section is broken Empty T-90 Main Battle Tank #2 thread in the Russian Army section is broken

Post  GarryB Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:48 pm

Unfortunately the T-90 Main Battle Tank #2 thread in the Russian Army section seems to be broken.

It tried to embed a video in a post and it broke the page and it wont fully load so I can't delete it because the delete button does not load.
    George1
    George1

T-90 Main Battle Tank #2 thread in the Russian Army section is broken Empty Re: T-90 Main Battle Tank #2 thread in the Russian Army section is broken

Post  George1 Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:25 pm

GarryB wrote:Unfortunately the T-90 Main Battle Tank #2 thread in the Russian Army section seems to be broken.

It tried to embed a video in a post and it broke the page and it wont fully load so I can't delete it because the delete button does not load.

if you try to remove it by splitting (selecting this post) the topic?
    ALAMO

T-90 Main Battle Tank #2 thread in the Russian Army section is broken Empty Re: T-90 Main Battle Tank #2 thread in the Russian Army section is broken

Post  ALAMO Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:59 pm

I can see the "quote" button in a post above, but can't coment in locked thread.
    Now not sure if it is locked because of an issue, or yoy Garry did that.
    If the second, maybe try to unlock it and quote the post above - there will be a new post.
    If not, it was 40 pages long and needed to be closed anyway, so Laughing Laughing Laughing

The thread is visible and I can navigate through it, so it is not a big deal.

GarryB likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:21 pm

Well, the tank is now called T-90M anyway...  Very Happy
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:55 am

if you try to remove it by splitting (selecting this post) the topic?

I tried removing the post itself by selecting it and splitting it from the thread but I get an error saying no such forum exists.

I also tried the opposite... splitting the existing posts (not all of them... there are 40 pages) and got the same error.

I can see the "quote" button in a post above, but can't coment in locked thread.
    Now not sure if it is locked because of an issue, or yoy Garry did that.

I locked it because of the problem, but the page stops when it gets to the embed code I used to try to post a video from rutube.

I think the embed code broke the page so it does not load past the error meaning that the delete and edit options for that post which would be loaded after the contents of the page are loaded never get loaded, so I can't just delete the individual post and I don't want to delete the entire thread.

The thread is visible and I can navigate through it, so it is not a big deal.

I am going to start a new thread number 3 on the subject but the second thread is broken and I would like to know how to fix it for if it happens again.

The second thread is fully usable, and in a way acts like it is locked anyway, but fixing this could be useful when it happens again.

I can post into locked threads and I have posted two messages after the one that is broken, but it still wont open the page past the error so that does not help.

Thanks for teh ideas... I will ask a few knowledgeable people I know and see what they think.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:21 am

Sorted.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 27, 2024 3:18 pm