Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+83
DerWolf
owais.usmani
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Podlodka77
Scorpius
nomadski
Arkanghelsk
Airbornewolf
TMA1
Sujoy
miketheterrible
kvs
lancelot
ALAMO
Krepost
RTN
mavaff
Arrow
elconquistador
Backman
mnztr
calripson
SeigSoloyvov
LMFS
Hole
par far
LaVictoireEstLaVie
Rodion_Romanovic
PhSt
jhelb
MiamiMachineShop
GunshipDemocracy
andalusia
George1
Vann7
starman
Svyatoslavich
JohninMK
Sochi_Olympic_Park
Hannibal Barca
eric1
ATLASCUB
Cowboy's daughter
BKP
Project Canada
Grazneyar
Solncepek
higurashihougi
Godric
Cyrus the great
Book.
PapaDragon
Walther von Oldenburg
andrewlya
max steel
victor1985
Werewolf
whir
franco
iamstevefaith
Kyo
ahmedfire
magnumcromagnon
SSDD
Regular
Corrosion
SOC
sepheronx
AlfaT8
Viktor
GarryB
TR1
Austin
milky_candy_sugar
Palestinian
Cyberspec
flamming_python
TheRealist
mike3121
Serbia Forever 2
nightcrawler
lulldapull
Russian Patriot
87 posters

Russia - USA Relations

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russia - USA Relations - Page 31 Empty Re: Russia - USA Relations

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:38 am

As a note, just put atlasclub on ignore. He does this every time there is some kind of conflict.

Firebird, Airbornewolf, kvs and LMFS like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:45 am

Also pretty sure what Zircon is. The only thing a Zircon carrying platform will be doing around the U.S East Coast (or greater Atlantic for that matter) is serving as target practice for all of the U.S Navy, and Air force, not to mention defense kickbacks for top U.S defense enterprise wrote:

Just like the American bases on the border with Russia.  An easy target for Russia.  The problem is that the project 885M or 949AM submarine off the US East and West coast is already a very difficult target.  The 949AM from 72 Cirkon has the impact of the SSBN.In this situation, Russia is in a better position than the USA.  Much of the US economy is on the coast.

Last edited by Arrow on Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:45 am

Yet you don't... lol1

I do remember well... very knowledgeable folk of economics. When such wise knowledge fails and makes a poopy mess of himself for all to see... angry impotent insults. Carry a grudge ever since... Boy what a pack.

But it's true, if the noise is too uncomfortable on the conditioning, ignoring will do just the trick. Can't catch feels if you can't see it. "Ignorance is bliss" .... "I wanna be someone important, like an actor" "I want to remember nothing, you hear me, nothing".

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:06 am; edited 2 times in total
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:51 am

Well then they better try harder then

Chechen kebabs got barbequed nasty twice in thermobaric banyas last time they tried , chechens killing chechens to fly the federal flag high over grozny

Kazakh kebabs had CSTO land a division in there in latest piss poor attempt. I think polite dudes are several thousand km apart over there. Kebabs usually need help before they get strung up and hung by their own. What is it now Saddam, Gaddaffi, Assad, Tokayev, maybe itl be raisi next

Azerbaijani kebabs had a brigade landed on them and Armenians are sort of that dog that smells bad but you just cant get rid of

Turk kebabs buying s400s from buryats??? Nah they're buying them from the orthodox, oh that reminds me kebab erdogan got himself almost hung too, idk what it is about those crescent moon types.

If langley wants to cut russia up so bad, why did they give belarus back? Seems like a shitty way to go about it.

China will hide behind the pacific fleet a lil while longer, and I think vmf just sent a fleet out by hawaii, dont see PLA gathering the confidence to try that any time soon

As for America? When those rednecks gather the confidence to use their second amendment rights on each other, besides the garden variety mass shooters you please let me know.

Till then beware Russia puts back the orange phenom back in the Casablanca via hacking come 2024, I'm sure CNN will be talking all about it

Airbornewolf, kvs and miketheterrible like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:06 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Well then they better try harder then

Chechen kebabs got barbequed nasty twice in thermobaric banyas last time they tried , chechens killing chechens to fly the federal flag high over grozny

Kazakh kebabs had CSTO land a division in there in latest piss poor attempt. I think polite dudes are several thousand km apart over there. Kebabs usually need help before they get strung up and hung by their own. What is it now Saddam, Gaddaffi, Assad, Tokayev, maybe itl be raisi next

Azerbaijani kebabs had a brigade landed on them and Armenians are sort of that dog that smells bad but you just cant get rid of

Turk kebabs buying s400s from buryats??? Nah they're buying them from the orthodox, oh that reminds me kebab erdogan got himself almost hung too, idk what it is about those crescent moon types.

If langley wants to cut russia up so bad, why did they give belarus back? Seems like a shitty way to go about it.

China will hide behind the pacific fleet a lil while longer, and I think vmf just sent a fleet out by hawaii, dont see PLA gathering the confidence to try that any time soon

As for America? When those rednecks gather the confidence to use their second amendment rights on each other, besides the garden variety mass shooters you please let me know.

Till then beware Russia puts back the orange phenom back in the Casablanca via hacking come 2024, I'm sure CNN will be talking all about it

No one did a better job uniting Russia and nearby compatriots than the US and their color revolution attempts.

GarryB, Airbornewolf, kvs, JohninMK and Arkanghelsk like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:16 am

miketheterrible wrote:

No one did a better job uniting Russia and nearby compatriots than the US and their color revolution attempts.

Agreed, Like an fast growing malignant tumor that needs to be cut out of your society before it destroy's the natural order of your nations body. order and law.
    NSFW warning for police on fire
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f87/20/39/80/76/ukrain10.jpg
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:19 am

Russia slept on the Ukraine affair or they saw an opportunity to cut out the tumor is Ukraine and get what was really important - Crimea.

But with both Belarus and Kazakhstan, they sure moved fast and were able to help stabilize a situation quicker than Americans did with BLM. Lol

Airbornewolf, JohninMK, LMFS and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:26 am

The Americans almost lost seattle to BLM, the so called CHAZ or CHOP zone.

Still I think more Americans die in chicago annually then all the Ukrainians that got smoked at zelenopillya

miketheterrible likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:33 am

miketheterrible wrote:Russia slept on the Ukraine affair or they saw an opportunity to cut out the tumor is Ukraine and get what was really important - Crimea.

But with both Belarus and Kazakhstan,  they sure moved fast and were able to help stabilize a situation quicker than Americans did with BLM. Lol

I was on the "wrong" side. the NATO side at the time.
    By employment contract mind you, i was already done with NATO's practices.

i was surrounded with people cheering on the fall of ukraine to NATO side.

I looked stuff up and was confronted with Ukrainians glorifying Nazis in combination with NATO everywhere.
    Stephan banderas, that piece of trash. i even came across strories how even the Germans tought the Ukrainians where too extreme in WW2 when they stapled polish farmers to their own farms with their own tools.
    "allies!?!" Bandera and Azov Nazi Scum.

Russia - USA Relations - Page 31 B3e6mn10

Unnaceptable, disgusting.
    There comes a point in your carreer where you have to look at yourself in an mirror.
    And ask yourself the question if you still agree with what you do.

Well, i really never had to think about this one....
    i would not lift an finger for ukraine.
    When Putin declared Crimea was Russian, i had an celebration. "YES!!!!".

And i made plans to quit the army, i was not going to be an part of this.
    ironically, i still got dragged in the MH-17 thing. Because....logistic experience with aircraft...

GarryB, kvs, miketheterrible and LMFS like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:58 am

I know for a fact many are like you airbornwolf. Many I met are completely demoralized from what the NATO command does.

Let's not pretend, NATO was more or less NAZI project.

Anyway, NATO forces are more or less US Mercenaries. The soldiers themselves are Mercenaries for US adventures. It's a private army farm for US to instill its agenda.

No one with half a brain will disagree now. Only ones who do are morons.

Airbornewolf and Podlodka77 like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:50 am

@mnztr

".....The decison has to be made BEFORE an explosion. And in terms of auto systems. They had one. And if it were not for this man, that decided it was false alarm. None of us would be here today......"

Agree somewhat , but this could be corrected by new procedures and AI technology   . Once a threat of nuclear war increases , then it quickly dissipates . Even a single missile flying will make everybody sit in their pants !  I know it is better to be able to launch before the other side . But this is not possible in practice . One side always ends up launching first . And no side will succeed in destroying the other side capability by a Nuclear  pre-emptive strike . The problem of human in the chain , I agree , it is better to have . This could also be achieved by having automatic launch AND having human element capability in the chain to cancel warhead after launch . Plenty of time for a phone call and a cup of tea or confirmation by secondary sources .
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:01 pm

The new Russian strategy gradually being unveiled!

Russian Embassy, UK
    @RussianEmbassy
    ·
    2h
    Russia government organization
    Deputy FM #Grushko following #RussiaNATO talks in #Brussels: If #NATO chooses the policy of deterring #Russia, then we will move to the policy of counter-deterrence.

Walter Bloomberg
    @DeItaone
    · 3h
    RUSSIA'S RYABKOV SAYS THE U.S. AND ITS NATO ALLIES ARE NOT PREPARED TO MEET RUSSIA'S KEY DEMANDS FOR SECURITY GUARANTEES - IFX

RUSSIA'S RYABKOV SAYS THE U.S. AND NATO ARE READY TO TALK ONLY ON TOPICS OF SECURITY ASSURANCES THAT ARE CONVENIENT FOR THEM - TASS

RUSSIA'S RYABKOV SAYS MOSCOW WILL TAKE "OTHER MEASURES AND TECHNIQUES" IN RELATION TO WESTERN PARTNERS IF THE U.S, AND NATO FAIL TO ADDRESS RUSSIAN DEMANDS - TASS

RYABKOV: NO REASON FOR NEW ROUND OF TALKS IN NEAR FUTURE: IFX

GEROMAN -- Eyes -
    @GeromanAT
    ·
    2h
    Looks like the latest talks (in Vienna) between Russia and OSCE are over - and "there is no need for further talks in the near future" Russia said - "we will take other measures" - now let's see what that means.
    (I think the Russian buildup in western Russia will increase)

Last edited by JohninMK on Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, DerWolf and LMFS like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16 pm

Does this mean the gloves are off internationally for Russia? Doing what America does overseas? Maybe over assistance to allied states in south and central America? Maybe even keeping some bombers and missiles in their lands?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:33 pm

NATzO's delusions of invincibility are starting to catch up with it.

People took the behaviour in the last 30 years for granted.

LMFS likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:56 pm

Yes and no.

It is likely that Russia will do little that would force the US to react strongly against the third party country.

Much more likely is action(s) in countries Russia is already in. Like

- no fly zone over all Syria, including more S-300 and Buk to SyAF

- a stop to oil shipments out of east Syria

- more aggressive against Israeli attacks on Syria

- fighters to Iran

- build up of forces opposite Baltics and Poland, forcing NATO to spend money it doesn't have responding

- more naval excursions in the Pacific

- something in east Russia trageting the US west coast.

Anyone else think of more?

EDIT

Someone else suggested that as nothing that didn't have any effect on DC politicians would have any effect then some kind of no military hit on the US mainland, like shutting down electricity networks, would be needed to jerk them into reality.

Also, back the Ruble with gold or only accept payment in gold or Rubles for gas/energy to the US and EU. Military aircraft collection of gold Smile

GarryB likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:31 pm

To have any effects threats have to be believed. Do sanctions look credible to you or will they just be laughing in the Kremlin at the best the US can come up with?

Talk about a massive empire crumbling.

Elijah J. Magnier
    @ejmalrai
    ·
    54m
    EU to #Russia: Even if Russia is the leading supplier to the EU of oil, natural gas & solid fossil fuels, amounting to two-thirds of Europe's needs; even Russia is the 5th-largest exporter and importer from and to the #EU, we can impose sanctions on Russia to please the #US !!!!!

46m
    The #US import from #Russia:
    Mineral fuels ($13 billion), precious metal & platinum ($2.2 billion), iron & steel ($1.4 billion), fertilizers ($963 million), & inorganic chemicals ($763 million).

US total imports of agricultural products from Russia totalled $69 million in 2019.
    43m
    #Russia ranks second by petroleum exports to the #US in May 2021

GarryB, LMFS and owais.usmani like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:47 pm

JohninMK wrote:Yes and no.

It is likely that Russia will do little that would force the US to react strongly against the third party country.

Much more likely is action(s) in countries Russia is already in. Like

- no fly zone over all Syria, including more S-300 and Buk to SyAF

- a stop to oil shipments out of east Syria

- more aggressive against Israeli attacks on Syria

- fighters to Iran

- build up of forces opposite Baltics and Poland, forcing NATO to spend money it doesn't have responding

- more naval excursions in the Pacific

- something in east Russia trageting the US west coast.

Anyone else think of more?

EDIT

Someone else suggested that as nothing that didn't have any effect on DC politicians would have any effect then some kind of no military hit on the US mainland, like shutting down electricity networks, would be needed to jerk them into reality.

Also, back the Ruble with gold or only accept payment in gold or Rubles for gas/energy to the US and EU. Military aircraft collection of gold Smile

Most likely they will make US realize how overstretched they are in a global scale and specially how vulnerable they are in the surroundings of Russia. Russian leadership is very proficient in assessing their own strengths and weaknesses, they did not embark in the past in adventures in places where they would not enjoy any kind of escalation dominance, so they do not have much to fear from increasingly hostile environment, quite the contrary to the US, so they can now get into the offensive. Close to their homeland, the balance of power is totally in their favour, so US will have to step aside one way or another. And with the arrival of Tsirkon, USN is a liability rather than an asset, so that is another advantage Russia can make very painful for US and harm them where it hurts the most, in their power projection capabilities and ability to keep most of the world in their camp. They will also make it even nicer by deploying offensive tactical and substrategic weapons directly pointed to EU and US proper, and continue developing their ABM systems, to the point where the possibility of a nuclear supremacy and therefore military checkmate in the coming years should not be totally excluded. The West should be careful what path they choose to walk

Taking the point kvs made above, some people think the policies and attitudes of the Russian leadership depend on some personality traits of Putin (a weakling, so they say) instead of realising that the state strategy is mainly driven by the sober analysis of the balance of forces. When Russia was weak, the policy could not be overly assertive, but circumstances change. More than one, among them many in the Western "elites", will surely be caught off guard by what is to come.

GarryB, flamming_python, Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:19 pm

Russia may assign Navy to take certain measures if provoked by US — MFA

Sergey Ryabkov also stressed that "Russia has taken note of some US proposals to prevent conflicts that were voiced in Geneva"

MOSCOW, January 13. /TASS/. Russia may assign its Navy to take certain measures to confront any future US provocations or continued US military pressure, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov said on Thursday in an interview to RTVI.

When asked if Russia considers deploying its military in such countries as Venezuela or Cuba, Ryabkov said that, "I don’t want to confirm anything, but I won’t rule anything out either."

"It’s the American style to have several options for its foreign and military policy," he said. "That’s the cornerstone of that country’s powerful influence in the world."

Russia will act depending on what the US will do, the deputy minister said.

"The president of Russia has spoken multiple times on the subject of what the measures could be, for example involving the Russian Navy, if things are firmly set on the course of provoking Russia and further increasing the military pressure on us by the US," Ryabkov said. "We don’t want that. The diplomats must come to an agreement."

Russia has taken note of some US proposals to prevent conflicts that were voiced in Geneva, he said. Russia, among other things, wants to update the 1972 agreement on averting incidents on and over the high seas, the diplomat said.

Still, the prospect of NATO expansion - which Moscow seeks to avert - remains the main issue for the talks, he said.

https://tass.com/defense/1387823

GarryB, par far and Podlodka77 like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:39 pm

Thinking through Russia using Syria as a place to make a point, how about a combination of:

- a countrywide US/Coalition no fly zone,
    - blockading the border crossings into Iraq so preventing US resupply by road from Iraq.

This would cut them off, put them under siege. This doesn't work in al-Tanf obviously.

Imagine the howling in DC if their forces are stranded in Syria and effectively escorted out, tail between legs by the Russians.

The ignominy following Afgahanistan and no doubt the current anti US logistics actions in Iraq would increase as well.
    par far

Post  par far Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:54 pm

JohninMK wrote:Thinking through Russia using Syria as a place to make a point, how about a combination of:

- a countrywide US/Coalition no fly zone,
    - blockading the border crossings into Iraq so preventing US resupply by road from Iraq.

This would cut them off, put them under siege. This doesn't work in al-Tanf obviously.

Imagine the howling in DC if their forces are stranded in Syria and effectively escorted out, tail between legs by the Russians.

The ignominy following Afgahanistan and no doubt the current anti US logistics actions in Iraq would increase as well.

It will be very hard to do that.

After the meetings with Iran end in deadlock, Russia may look to sign some kind of deal with Iran.

GarryB likes this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:08 pm

Head of the Russian delegation at the talks with the United States Sergey Ryabkov:

There is no certainty that the United States will agree with the key provisions of the documents on security guarantees for Russia.

I see no reason to organize a new round of negotiations on security guarantees in the near future.

The refusal on the part of the United States on key proposals on security guarantees leads the situation to a dead end.

I don't want to confirm or exclude anything (regarding the deployment of the Russian military infrastructure in Cuba and Venezuela).

The West's position on Russia's demand that NATO refuse to accept Ukraine and Georgia is sly and duplicitous.

Military experts offer Putin options in case of deterioration of the situation around Ukraine, but we need to give diplomacy a chance.

GarryB and par far like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:06 pm

They will now wait for the US to provide an official answer by next week to the proposals discussed, and based on that, Lavrov and Shoigu will plan next steps with Putin.

EDIT: there are many options, if there is will and creativity angel

Russia says long-range Tu-22MZ bombers in Syria can reach targets across all Mediterranean

https://tass.com/defense/1387919

GarryB and par far like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:47 pm

LMFS wrote:They will now wait for the US to provide an official answer by next week to the proposals discussed, and based on that, Lavrov and Shoigu will plan next steps with Putin.

EDIT: there are many options, if there is will and creativity  angel

Russia says long-range Tu-22MZ bombers in Syria can reach targets across all Mediterranean

https://tass.com/defense/1387919

We discussed that at the time they did a test run there. Add a couple of Tu-142M and you have a combination that seriously ups the stress levels in the USN and the southern NATO navies, especially given the US's recent decisions to majorly increase their use of and physically expand the facilities of the Greek military.

Combine with a base use deal with the Algerians and those aircraft can range out into the Atlantic, with the TU-142M able to trundle across to Caracas Laughing Whilst off down the Red Sea in the other direction.

NATO's private Seas, the Med and the middle Atlantic, suddenly have some very unwelcome visitors. In fact, them there pesky RuAF and RuNA aircraft are going to be popping up in the most unexpected places Laughing

GarryB, par far, LMFS and Hole like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:03 am

This Is How the U.S. Does ‘Dialogue’

Pepe Escobar
    January 13, 2022

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2022/01/13/this-is-how-us-does-dialogue/

par far likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:18 am

Do as I say not as I do

Spriter
    @spriter99880
    ·
    2h
    The United States will react decisively if Russia deploys forces in Latin America
    The reaction of the US in the case of the deployment of Russian forces in Latin America will react decisively, said the adviser to the American president for national security, Jake Sullivan.

LMFS likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:33 am