Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+38
Arkanghelsk
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
Sujoy
Hole
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
kvs
medo
Isos
slasher
Tsavo Lion
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
miketheterrible
littlerabbit
Airman
KiloGolf
AlfaT8
SturmGuard
Werewolf
Godric
Hannibal Barca
higurashihougi
KoTeMoRe
sepheronx
OminousSpudd
mutantsushi
George1
Cyberspec
cheesfactory
PapaDragon
magnumcromagnon
Prince Darling
Ogannisyan8887
Russian Patriot
Admin
Jelena
42 posters

Serbia Breaking News:

cheesfactory

Serbia Breaking News: - Page 5 Empty Re: Serbia Breaking News:

Post  cheesfactory Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:50 am

Not only the pensioners are the problem. Ten thousands state employed are put under pressure to vote for sns, because not lose the job.
    The media scene is catastrophic. From morning to night Vucic is broadcastet to hundredfold in tv. The main newspapers are also in regime hand. At every turn here in the city, you are bombarded with Vucic and his SNS poster trash. Brainwashing worse than in milosevic times.
    The police will be further expanded and equipped during the military today is virtually non-existent. We have more police officers per inhabitant then every other country in hole europe.
    About active history forgery and manipulations of facts we better do not talk. Who is not himself experienced here, will not believe it.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 am

Serbia Breaking News: - Page 5 Cg1nYA3W4AARDEJ
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:16 pm

There are just 2 pro-Russian parties there, SRS and DSS, the latter of which received official support and endorsement from Putin and United Russia Party.

The foreigners, me included, don't have the correct perspective of the events. It took a very good friend of mine quite some time to explain the background and mechanics, origin of Serbian political parties.

His opinion of Šešelj and SRS, their role and function during Milošević times was scathing and negative, the controlled opposition. They represent the former right-wing/nationalist fraction of yugocommunists. The SPS are the relics of mainstram line, while DS and Tačči band are the ideological children of liberal-wing yugocommunist line, followers of Perović and Stambolić.

He was a fan of DSS, but was outraged to see the current leader Rašković, and Dveri later on. The numerous minor parties and newcomers were created to split the votes, and disorganize any attempt of unified and systematic opposition. The current SNS is an amalgam of populism, former DOS cadre and DS-style turncoating.

I am puzzled by your opinions. The anti-Russian Yugocommunists, who quickly switched sides after WW2 and became anti-Soviet as well, were Anglopuppets. The whole Unaligned movement was a fraud. US supplied food, weapons, equipment, financial assistance to Yugoslavia. In return, Yugoslavia spearheaded a movement which prevented USSR cooperation and economic integration with the Third world, who preferred more expensive and worse "ideologically close unaligned" Yugo equipment and services. When the time was right, the former Unaligned were left helpless in the face of the sole surviving, NATO forces and multinational companies while Yugoslavia was dismantled and flushed down the drain, its purpose fulfilled with the fall of USSR.

Serbian nationalism was extinguished in 1945 (it can be argued that this happened in 1919), the anti-Serbian Yugocommunists usurped power, lead by a man who was an officer in WW1 attack on Serbia, dismantled Serbia, performed politicide, persecuted Serbs on Kosovo and later on settled Albanians, in addition to drawing unethnic and ahistoric borders over the whole Yugoslavia. The following 45 years of propaganda and indoctrination left their mark on the population, the idea of "brotherly nations" was pushed despite the very unfortunate statistics on WW2 crimes and their perpetrators, and used to justify the ethnic cleansing of Italians and Germans of Yugoslavia.

You are cheap, opportunistic people. Ranging from those converting to Islam or Catholicism for a plot of land, tax benefits or a bag of wheat; to those betraying their nation for a chance to move during post-WW2 period into looted property, nice job and party benefits; to the latest breed of Western-paid Montenegrins, Vojvodina separatists, euroatlantic integrationalists.
    People writing on this board can be insulted by my direct and harsh words, but they are not describing you. You are a clear minority, as the recent elections show. Just as I am a minority opinion in Croatia, and am very proud of it.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:38 pm

i thought also SNS is pro-russian. I have also a question. How democratic party from 22% of votes in 2012, came to 5-6%?? It seems we are going for one-part dominant system in serbia with no clear opposition
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:44 pm

George1 wrote:i thought also SNS is pro-russian. I have also a question. How democratic party from 22% of votes in 2012, came to 5-6%?? It seems we are going for one-part dominant system in serbia with no clear opposition

They are in coalition with Croats right now. And the DS split. The Tačči band took their most "liberal" autochauvinist and fifth-column voters. To top it all, they hired Tuđman's aide and advisor from the 90's to help them with elections.

It shouldn't come as a surprise: SNS has overmatching media coverage, obvious support from the West, and fertile grounds in form of impoverished and desperate voters on one, and party soldiers and opportunists on the other. One would have thought that naming Blair as an advisor and cooperation with Arabian terrorism exporters and funders of their neighbouring enemies would make people think twice. In addition, it is not only the SNS in the victorious coalition. You have the infamous Vuk Drašković, which in addition to Rasim, Vulin and Krkobabić should trigger any sane person.

Apparently not. They overwhelmingly vote for euroatlantic integration, foolishly believing that poltronism and bootlicking will earn them a higher standard of living. Just like Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary and Poland did :DDD
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:02 pm

I can see that a lot of Serbs are gonna be getting the hell out of dodge soon. Shocked

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:20 pm

SturmGuard wrote:There are just 2 pro-Russian parties there, SRS and DSS, the latter of which received official support and endorsement from Putin and United Russia Party.

The foreigners, me included, don't have the correct perspective of the events. It took a very good friend of mine quite some time to explain the background and mechanics, origin of Serbian political parties.

His opinion of Šešelj and SRS, their role and function during Milošević times was scathing and negative, the controlled opposition. They represent the former right-wing/nationalist fraction of yugocommunists. The SPS are the relics of mainstram line, while DS and Tačči band are the ideological children of liberal-wing yugocommunist line, followers of Perović and Stambolić.

He was a fan of DSS, but was outraged to see the current leader Rašković, and Dveri later on. The numerous minor parties and newcomers were created to split the votes, and disorganize any attempt of unified and systematic opposition. The current SNS is an amalgam of populism, former DOS cadre and DS-style turncoating.

I am puzzled by your opinions. The anti-Russian Yugocommunists, who quickly switched sides after WW2 and became anti-Soviet as well, were Anglopuppets. The whole Unaligned movement was a fraud. US supplied food, weapons, equipment, financial assistance to Yugoslavia. In return, Yugoslavia spearheaded a movement which prevented USSR cooperation and economic integration with the Third world, who preferred more expensive and worse "ideologically close unaligned" Yugo equipment and services. When the time was right, the former Unaligned were left helpless in the face of the sole surviving, NATO forces and multinational companies while Yugoslavia was dismantled and flushed down the drain, its purpose fulfilled with the fall of USSR.

Serbian nationalism was extinguished in 1945 (it can be argued that this happened in 1919), the anti-Serbian Yugocommunists usurped power, lead by a man who was an officer in WW1 attack on Serbia, dismantled Serbia, performed politicide, persecuted Serbs on Kosovo and later on settled Albanians, in addition to drawing unethnic and ahistoric borders over the whole Yugoslavia. The following 45 years of propaganda and indoctrination left their mark on the population, the idea of "brotherly nations" was pushed despite the very unfortunate statistics on WW2 crimes and their perpetrators, and used to justify the ethnic cleansing of Italians and Germans of Yugoslavia.

You are cheap, opportunistic people. Ranging from those converting to Islam or Catholicism for a plot of land, tax benefits or a bag of wheat; to those betraying their nation for a chance to move during post-WW2 period into looted property, nice job and party benefits; to the latest breed of Western-paid Montenegrins, Vojvodina separatists, euroatlantic integrationalists.
    People writing on this board can be insulted by my direct and harsh words, but they are not describing you. You are a clear minority, as the recent elections show. Just as I am a minority opinion in Croatia, and am very proud of it.

Šešelj and Milošević were never in good relations, they very often clashed quite badly especially during war in Bosnia. However they have met on some common grounds later post 1997. Šešelj was always... unusual, however despite many flaws you could always predict his opinions and moves, he was never flipping over for couple USD.

Actually majority of Serbs that became Muslims or Chatolics though centuries were forced to do so, ways depended on period. Vatican had their major scores during bad years in Herzegovina when crops would fail, when they would offer people flour, money...animals in exchange for convertion. Muslims on other hand offered not to pillage, kill and steal every few years and your taxes would be alot smaller, and you wuld end up excldued from Blood taxes. Now i can understand both sides to certain extend. If my childs or wife well being was in question i would sell my soul to Devil.

Many Germans left on their own Vojvodina tho, feared for their own well being, which i can understand. Some were politely asked to leave, which if you ask me was more than justified. Most of the males there served in German reserve, some even directly participated in...everything that happened there. Should they have been thrown out all together? Well no. But it happened and i wasnt the one in charge. Germanophobia wasnt Yugoslavia exclusive, you should see what happened to German shops in USA during and post war.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:24 pm

George1 wrote:i thought also SNS is pro-russian. I have also a question. How democratic party from 22% of votes in 2012, came to 5-6%?? It seems we are going for one-part dominant system in serbia with no clear opposition

Mm no, not really. They are pro Euro-integrations party, however they are saying how they wont break relations with Russia over that. Its basically BS, moment we enter serious negotiations it will be either-either.

Democrats failed miserably in everything they did.. and they ceased to exist. Well, seems so. There will be no viable opposition for decade probably now, just Great Leader.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:50 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:I can see that a lot of Serbs are gonna be getting the hell out of dodge soon. Shocked

Already 50.000 were leaving yearly. And due to negative birth rate we lose another 30.000 yearly.
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:30 am

Militarov,

what can be said of Montenegrins? You have same people doing ultranationalist Serb thing in the '90s (including the leader), switching overnight to anti-Serb hysteria and confrontationalism? The worst thing is the historical nonsense they come up with, including their take on regional history, and their newly-fashioned Montenegrin language, whose grammar was written by a Croat and a Bosniak/Muslim, and "is based on old Podgorica Muslim folk speech" :DDD

On the topic of WW2, I understand what you are writing about, I am fully aware of the statistics. However, as the German Army retreated, some part of the Volksdeutscher population went with them. Generally speaking, those that thought they had nothing to fear, chose to stay. It was to no avail, their properties were confiscated, they were "encouraged" to leave, executed, interred in camps and used for forced labour in various infrastructure projects.

The same, actually even worse, can be said for the Italians. After the surrender of Italy, there were initially more Italians in Partisans than there were Bosniaks/Muslims. Yet, their fate was horrible, even though they were usually singled out in comparison to displays of savagery of "locals". In both cases, a miniscule fraction of both populations remained. Their homes and properties were filled up with various people. I recommend you to investigate the demographic engineering the Yugocommunists did in Dalmatia, Istria, Vojvodina and Kosovo, some eye-opening information there.

The general characteristic was that there were no trials or investigations done, no justice was even attempted. The worst scum, murderers and criminals from "brotherly" nations were pardoned, accepted into the new order or left to live their lives, while entire historic populations were ethnically cleansed, and masses of POWs and civilians were summarily executed. Not to mention the persecution and reprisals of intellectuals, bourgeoise, White emigrees, royalists etc. If I remember correctly, around 10-15% of those killed in former Yugoslavia during WW2, were killed by Germans and Italians. The rest - by "brothers". The people who initially tried to resist foreign invaders and were taken to concentration camps (the Royal Yugoslav Army personnel - 200 000 of them) and those that chose to continue the resistance were percevied as enemies, as was the Kingdom, which is why Yugocommunists and Ustashe cooperated prior to war, and Yugocommunists viewed the aggresion as an excellent opportunity for an attempt at power usurpation, banking on the suffering of common people, which they exploited for their agenda.
    My family had partisans, but they immediately fell out of party favour. Interestingly, one grandpa due to "misunderstandings" concerning his church wedding (he was no devout Christian, just a traditionalist), which probably saved his life because he was supposed to go to USSR for military education. You know what happened to those who returned from USSR before Yugocommunists turned to the West.

On the topic of Šešelj, I have heard some very convincing arguments about his UDBA-backed role of the Trojan horse to Serbian right/nationalist democratic politics.

Something very similar to the now apparent role of both Dveri and the new DSS under Rašković. What else can be said about the party being supported by none other than Jasmina Vujić (I was aware of her background, positions and role due to my profession)? Just Google her, everyone. Or those ridiculous new totally-pro-Russian minor parties that fracture the vote?

You are in deep shit, with no hope in sight. I don't know what is worse:
    -  50% of people voted for a coalition containing Rasim (for 16 years in all governments), Vuk Drašković, Babić, Vujin and which openly advocates euroatlantic integration (those same who demonised, dismantled and bombed you) AND good relations with Russia (yeah, something tells me that is mutually exclusive)

- openly separatist and hostile entities are allowed in parliament (SDA, Ugljanin, Albanians, Vojvodina fifth-column)

- a coalition hosting Latinka fuckin' Perović (I really hate that breed of people) of all people, managed to get into parliament

At which point will the people wake up? I mean, there is absolutely no problem in identifying the underlying causes and culprits for the historic downfall of Serbia, the year can be precisely dated to either 1945, or even 1919. How many times does it take for people to finally get a hold of reality?
    The NATO agreement signed recently, which continues nicely on the previous one signed by Vuk Drašković while he was MFA, as well as the Bruxelles agreements, should amount to a treason. The economy is not doing well, neither are average wages and pensions.

I hope that I managed to convey my thoughts and opinions to you well; these are just observations from a neighbour. Don't want to come off as an arrogant and/or condescending individual lecturing you on the subject of your country, just genuinely interested in your take on the matter.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:43 am

You are overthinking this Montenegro thing Sturm, history does not come into equation here and nations and religions can easily be invented per need.

Only thing that matters is money. That is it. Nothing else. If tribe of cannibal mutants from Fukushima took over the world tomorrow and offered Montenegro cash in exchange for servitude they would jump on it no questions asked.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:53 am

I stay clear of domestic politics(very good mental healt tip) but one thing I noticed is that all ''pro-Russian'' parties here have is their plan which goes as follows:

Step 1: Win elections

Step 2: Make alliance with Russia

Step 3: ?????????????

Step 4: Profit

Distinct lack of clarity regarding Step 3 is what makes me (and lot of other folks) think that their actual plan in fact has strict emphasis only on Steps 1 and 4.

Which makes them very similar to their competition.

Post  Guest Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Serbia Breaking News: - Page 5 ChSv85pWIAA71Tk

Vučić the First

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2016 4:57 pm

"A huge fire has ravaged a Serbian Orthodox Church in downtown Manhattan, on the day that Orthodox Christians are celebrating the Holy Easter. It took some 170 firemen several hours to bring the four-alarm blaze under control."

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2016 12:55 am

Abit about Serbian joining EU, by "Reality Check" from BBC. Suma sumarum "Even when Serbia gets right to join EU it will most likely be vetoed by other EU countries".

"Accession could occur in 2020, less than three and a half years after the UK's referendum on EU membership" - Vote Leave
    The claim: Leave campaigners claim five countries: Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey will join the EU soon.
    Reality Check verdict: The five countries are not going to join the EU any time soon and their admission to the EU - once they fulfil all the criteria - will be subject to a veto by the UK and all the other 27 existing EU countries.
    Leave campaigners say Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey - with a combined population of 88 million - are all in line to gain EU membership in the coming years.

Michael Gove, who said on Friday, 20 May 2016, that the population of the UK would increase by between 2.6 million and 5 million by 2030, based his prediction on the "future migration from the A5 on the assumption of their accession in 2020".
    The Vote Leave campaign says that the EU enlargement is "an explicit policy of the European Commission and the British government".

It accuses the Prime Minister David Cameron of misleading the public over his support for Turkey's EU membership.
    Penny Mordaunt MP, minister of state for the armed forces, who also campaigns for the UK to leave the EU, told Andrew Marr that Turkey would join the EU in the next eight years.

She said that the British people would not get to vote on Turkey joining, and denied that the British government had a veto over Turkey's membership.

'Not on the cards'
    So, will the EU admit the five new countries in the next few years? Does the UK have a veto on it and would it be prepared to use it in this case?

European Commission President Jean Claude Juncker said in 2014: "Under my presidency of the commission, ongoing negotiations will continue … but no further enlargement will take place over the next five years". The mandate of the current commission's president expires on 1 November 2019.

David Cameron has indeed been a strong supporter of the Turkish membership of the EU in the past. In July 2010, on a visit to Turkey, David Cameron warned France and Germany not to shut Turkey "out of the club".
    More recently, in October 2015, he said that the British government's policy on Turkey joining the EU had not changed, when asked about it in the House of Commons.

But he has changed his line more recently and today he told Robert Peston that Turkey joining the EU was not "remotely on the cards […] any time soon".

The UK, as well as all the other 27 EU countries, has a veto on any new country joining the EU.
    A veto on the new countries joining has been in place case ever since the European integration began.
    In 1963 French President Charles de Gaulle vetoed British membership of European Economic Community, the name for the EU at the time.

Preparatory work?

Once all the existing EU countries agree to admit a new member - and in the case of Turkey countries such as France, Cyprus and Greece have expressed serious reservations - this decision must then be approved by the European Parliament and be ratified by the parliaments of all existing EU states. Only then can a new country join the EU.

There is no requirement in the UK to hold a referendum on a new country joining the EU - but it can do that if it chooses to. The UK has not held a referendum when the new countries joined in the past. Lord Owen, a former foreign secretary, and leave campaigners said today that "the EU is continuing the preparatory work for Turkey at an accelerating pace".
    The EU-Turkey deal from March 2016, on stemming the flow of refugees and migrants into the EU, included a confirmation by both sides that they would "re-energise the accession process".

This process is already under a considerable strain, only two months after the deal.
    The EU promised short-term visa-free travel for Turkish citizens in the Schengen area, but it demanded that Turkey changes its anti-terror law in exchange.

Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he would not do so and added: "We'll go our way, you go yours."
    All would-be members take a long time to clear all the hurdles required to join the EU, because they are required to adopt and enforce all the current EU rules before they can be admitted to the bloc. Turkey has taken a particularly long time so far.

It applied to join what was then the European Economic Community in 1987. It then waited 10 years to be declared "eligible" for accession talks, which finally started in October 2005. In 10 years Turkey only managed to adopt the rules on one of the 35 policy areas: science and research. In most other areas it has not even made a start. Montenegro started the policy area negotiations with the EU in 2012 and Serbia in December 2015. FYR Macedonia and Albania have not even started yet.

It took Croatia, Poland and Hungary 10 years to complete the process. At the current rate, none of the five countries would be ready to join for some time to come."

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36355138
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri May 27, 2016 4:25 pm

Militarov wrote:Abit about Serbian joining EU, by "Reality Check" from BBC. Suma sumarum "Even when Serbia gets right to join EU it will most likely be vetoed by other EU countries".

Excellent!!!

Maximum gain with least amount of hassle... but I don't think EU will last that long in it's current state.Cool

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2016 10:10 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Abit about Serbian joining EU, by "Reality Check" from BBC. Suma sumarum "Even when Serbia gets right to join EU it will most likely be vetoed by other EU countries".

Excellent!!!

Maximum gain with least amount of hassle... but I don't think EU will last that long in it's current state.Cool  

Well, politicians will get us into EU, one way or another, that is current goal and will happen... eventually.

Post  Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:56 pm

So, department of Bosniak Democratic Union of Sandžak from town of Sjenica protested and requested that Serbian Ministry of Defence halts planned military exercises on Pešter plateau that are part of "Morava 2016" military drills.

They claim its demonstration of power with goal of placing fear into local mainly Muslim population.

They say how Pešder is perfect for organic food production and that Serbian army will fire huge amounts of ammunition that will destroy the soil, all with ultimate goal to destroy natural enviorement in which Muslims live (sic). They say that is an act aganist Muslim tries to live peacefully with local Serbs.

Source: http://mondo.rs/a908266/Info/Srbija/BDZ-trazi-da-se-zaustave-vojne-vezbe-na-Pesteru.html

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:17 am

Not breaking news, but an explicit illustration of what Americans think of Serbia. sniper

Post  Guest Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:42 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:
    Not breaking news, but an explicit illustration of what Americans think of Serbia. sniper

Serbia Breaking News: - Page 5 55416710

Post  Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:31 pm

"Serbia has deported a group of Russians suspected of involvement in a coup plot in neighbouring Montenegro, the Guardian has learned, in the latest twist in a murky sequence of events that apparently threatened the lives of two European prime ministers.

The plotters were allegedly going to dress in police uniforms to storm the Montenegrin parliament in Podgorica, shoot the prime minister, Milo Ðjukanović, and install a pro-Moscow party. The Russian fingerprints on the October plot have heightened intrigue about Moscow’s ambitions in a part of Europe hitherto thought to be gravitating towards the EU’s orbit. A group of 20 Serbians and Montenegrins, some of whom had fought with Moscow-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine, were arrested in Podgorica, the Montenegrin capital. In Serbia, meanwhile, several Russian nationals suspected of coordinating the plot were caught with €120,000 and special forces uniforms.

According to the Belgrade daily, Danas, the Russians also had encryption equipment and were able to keep track of Đjukanović’s whereabouts. Diplomatic sources told the Guardian the Belgrade government quietly deported the Russians after the intervention of the head of the Russian security council, Nikolai Patrushev, who flew to Belgrade on 26 October in an apparent effort to contain the scandal. The country’s interior minister, Nebojša Stefanović denied the government carried out any deportations connected to the plot.

A source close to the Belgrade government said Patrushev, a former FSB (federal security service) chief, apologised for what he characterised as a rogue operation that did not have the Kremlin’s sanction. In Moscow, a Security Council official told Tass that Patrushev “didn’t apologise to anyone, because there is nothing to apologise for”."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/11/serbia-deports-russians-suspected-of-plotting-montenegro-coup
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Militarov wrote:"Serbia has deported a group of Russians suspected of involvement in a coup plot in neighbouring Montenegro, the Guardian has learned, in the latest twist in a murky sequence of events that apparently threatened the lives of two European prime ministers.

The plotters were allegedly going to dress in police uniforms to storm the Montenegrin parliament in Podgorica, shoot the prime minister, Milo Ðjukanović, and install a pro-Moscow party.  The Russian fingerprints on the October plot have heightened intrigue about Moscow’s ambitions in a part of Europe hitherto thought to be gravitating towards the EU’s orbit. A group of 20 Serbians and Montenegrins, some of whom had fought with Moscow-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine, were arrested in Podgorica, the Montenegrin capital. In Serbia, meanwhile, several Russian nationals suspected of coordinating the plot were caught with €120,000 and special forces uniforms.

According to the Belgrade daily, Danas, the Russians also had encryption equipment and were able to keep track of Đjukanović’s whereabouts. Diplomatic sources told the Guardian the Belgrade government quietly deported the Russians after the intervention of the head of the Russian security council, Nikolai Patrushev, who flew to Belgrade on 26 October in an apparent effort to contain the scandal. The country’s interior minister, Nebojša Stefanović denied the government carried out any deportations connected to the plot.

A source close to the Belgrade government said Patrushev, a former FSB (federal security service) chief, apologised for what he characterised as a rogue operation that did not have the Kremlin’s sanction. In Moscow, a Security Council official told Tass that Patrushev “didn’t apologise to anyone, because there is nothing to apologise for”."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/11/serbia-deports-russians-suspected-of-plotting-montenegro-coup

Remember it's the Guardian. Same paper with Aleppo hospitals, etc. Not that Djukanovic is not pushing his luck here.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:18 pm

Storm the parliament? Wut? In case people don't know what the area looks like it's basically driveway from a bridge with a rundown building, you would have less issues actually rigging the place with explosives and making it go dust instead of trying to occupy it and get blockaded.

Also closer way out of Podgorica is...Albania or a boat to Italy. FFS I don't exactly know what it was about but there's no way in hell people were being paid 120K for this and the Russians were officially involved. Just way too funny though.

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:34 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:"Serbia has deported a group of Russians suspected of involvement in a coup plot in neighbouring Montenegro, the Guardian has learned, in the latest twist in a murky sequence of events that apparently threatened the lives of two European prime ministers.

The plotters were allegedly going to dress in police uniforms to storm the Montenegrin parliament in Podgorica, shoot the prime minister, Milo Ðjukanović, and install a pro-Moscow party.  The Russian fingerprints on the October plot have heightened intrigue about Moscow’s ambitions in a part of Europe hitherto thought to be gravitating towards the EU’s orbit. A group of 20 Serbians and Montenegrins, some of whom had fought with Moscow-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine, were arrested in Podgorica, the Montenegrin capital. In Serbia, meanwhile, several Russian nationals suspected of coordinating the plot were caught with €120,000 and special forces uniforms.

Remember it's the Guardian. Same paper with Aleppo hospitals, etc. Not that Djukanovic is not pushing his luck here.

Well aware, just sharing Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:55 pm