Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
Cyberspec
Azi
havok
Tsavo Lion
nero
LMFS
southpark
PapaDragon
GarryB
dino00
bolshevik345
medo
Austin
magnumcromagnon
verkhoturye51
franco
ATLASCUB
JohninMK
nomadski
Tingsay
AbdulhamidtheSecond
Hannibal Barca
higurashihougi
Rodion_Romanovic
George1
Godric
KiloGolf
The-thing-next-door
Admin
Aristide
Svyatoslavich
ScotchedEarth
RussianDefense
AlfaT8
lycantrop
mack8
Arctic_Fox
Walther von Oldenburg
archangelski
Hole
Odin of Ossetia
ZoA
Kimppis
Regular
bantugbro
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
Isos
TheArmenian
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
onwiththewar
par far
Karl Haushofer
Vann7
Nikander
gaurav
kvs
Arrow
Peŕrier
jhelb
GunshipDemocracy
Singular_Transform
miketheterrible
68 posters

Talking bollocks thread #2

kvs
    kvs

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 23 Empty removed posts from Venezuela thread

Post  kvs Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:29 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    kvs wrote:So you had people start to produce quality meat and sausages, and other produce.  When
    they tried to ship these goods to markets in large cities such as Moscow, "mafia" elements came out of nowhere to stop, seize and
    destroy these goods.   These "mafias" were serving someone's agenda, but I doubt that someone was localized in Russia.   This was
    pure sabotage and I can't see how any sort of competition in a climate of good deficit would lead to such dirty tricks between local
    producers and resellers.   I could see such dirty tricks emerge when the market was saturated and the margins were to small.  

Sorry for Off Topic but is there any website/documents/papers... that I can dig in for more information about that issue ?

Documents in Russian is fine, somehow I can ask other people to translate or Google Translate it.

Thank you. russia respekt

Yeah I am going to dig up Russian articles from the 1990s on the internet just for you. Piss off. Half my family lives in Russia and
    half lives in Ukraine. How many relatives do you have in Russia.

Oh, by a miracle I found it:

http://en.truba.com/politics-economics/video/sabotage_to_ruin_the_country_how_to_create_food_shortages_in_the_ussr-470301

You actually think that nothing of the sort was happening in the USSR during the late 1980s. You are ignorant and need to
    get informed. Even during the 1970s there was administrative sabotage of the food supply. Trainloads of produce where
    "lost" in marshaling yards long enough to allow the food to rot. This information is from personal family experience. Then
    there was the case of the first LSI chip foundry in the USSR burning down. I have never heard of fires at IC production facilities.
    Western sabotage was active in the USSR likely for as long as it existed. Venezuela has experienced the same and worse since
    it does not have the resources of the USSR to fight off the self-anointed western masters of the universe.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #2

Post  higurashihougi Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:26 am

@kvs: My apologize for being ignorant and my thanks for your kindness.

I truly do not know and want to know about the issue. I do not intend to mock you or have any ill will. Probably I use the wrong way of asking and I am really sorry if my way of asking is offensive.

Again, thank you.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 23 Empty @kvs: My apologize for being ignorant and my thanks for your kindness.

Post  GarryB Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:15 am

Take peace out and you can fairly say that with a straight face.

Oh puleez.... America doesn't give a shit about democracy... it is best buds with Saudi Arabia and Israel, it is not open and not even nearly honest except by accident... there would be one less human in the Equador embassy in the UK if they cared about open or honest... they don't... and democracy is like their morality... country X is evil because they are not democratic... they don't even understand the word democracy... Venezuela and Russia are both more democratic than the US is... there were more political parties in the running in both cases...

In fact when it comes to pissing all over democracy the United States of America is the worst offender in undermining, destroying, or ignoring most of the basic tennants of democracy. Free media... not when they buy it out and get it to elect the party they want in power... they will even send weapons to kill hidden in aide deliveries... that dick they have in charge of the Venezuela coup has been found guilty of doing that several times...

US isnt a melting pot. It simply assimilates everyone into generic Anglo-American culture. Eating foods from all around the world does not mean being culturally diverse, everyone does the same now.

Yes, they claim to be the United federation of Planets led by a man with a French name and an English speaking voice, but they are in fact the Borg.

I have never heard of fires at IC production facilities.
    Western sabotage was active in the USSR likely for as long as it existed. Venezuela has experienced the same and worse since
    it does not have the resources of the USSR to fight off the self-anointed western masters of the universe.

They didn't even hide it when they were doing it in Cuba... sugar cane fields burn real nice...

Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:32 am

GarryB wrote:
    Do you advice France should use the Khadafi solution for Maduro?

No, but would be a great idea to use that solution with Micron... especially the sodomy with the bayonnet... you French have always been so classy...  Rolling Eyes

Do you call khadafi an animal? Sodomy means sex with animals. Stay classy Gary.

Also keep in mind that all those acts were done from libyan militia. It was a french agent who approached the scene and simply shot Kadhafi, ending this entire thing. An act of mercy.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:55 am

Sodomy means sex with animals.
    Not only: it's also anal or oral sex between people.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy

It was a french agent who approached the scene and simply shot Kadhafi, ending this entire thing. An act of mercy.
    An act of mercy would be to stop it & taking him to a hospital & safety.
    But he knew too much & was eliminated instead.
    So much for the UN authorized "no fly zone" to protect civilians, human rights, humanitarian intervention, etc., etc.
    https://www.russiadefence.net/t79p100-georgia-nato-us-relations#237521

US Denies Russian Accusation It Is Preparing Venezuela Intervention
    Venezuela Opposition's US Envoy Asks Trump to Step Up Pressure on Maduro
    US Seeks Vote on UN Resolution to Allow Aid Into Venezuela
    Canada Asking Other Nations to Expand Venezuela Sanctions
    Peru Canceling Visas of Venezuelan Diplomats

https://www.antiwar.com/

Venezuelan authorities consider a fire in a food warehouse a terrorist attack: https://regnum.ru/news/accidents/2581910.html

https://ria.ru/20190228/1551432588.html

https://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/5c7722c79a79477fdf05ded4

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:01 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add links)
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:57 pm

I am truly impressed that we have with us here a Frenchman who must be one of Putin's closest confidants as he is able to share with us the latter's thoughts on Venezuela. Unfortunately something seems to have been lost or got confused in translation.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:51 pm

JohninMK wrote:I am truly impressed that we have with us here a Frenchman who must be one of Putin's closest confidants as he is able to share with us the latter's thoughts on Venezuela. Unfortunately something seems to have been lost or got confused in translation.

He is incorrect in his claim only France and the US can process the heavy Venezuelan crude.
    It is unfortunately true that every Oil Refinery cannot process this heavy crude, but there are some around the world including in China and India that can.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:44 am

I don't think he was correct on anything in this forum. It's pathetic!
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-refinery-sinopec/chinas-sinopec-plans-to-build-canadian-oil-refinery-idUSKCN1LU2CU

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2019/01/20190119-globaldatachina.html

The refineries are among the most complex in the world and have facilities that can maximize the production of diesel and gasoline from so-called heavy, or higher density, crude oil that typically sells for less than other crude grades.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-reliance-refinery-exclusive/exclusive-indias-reliance-plans-major-expansion-at-worlds-largest-oil-refinery-complex-idUSKCN1BV181
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 pm

JohninMK wrote:I am truly impressed that we have with us here a Frenchman who must be one of Putin's closest confidants as he is able to share with us the latter's thoughts on Venezuela. Unfortunately something seems to have been lost or got confused in translation.

Putin is president of russia.

On France we expect from our president to give a shit aboit other countries and do what is best for us.

Now you say Putin is a saint and mother Therese and wants only the best for poor 3rd worlders.

How naive are you?

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Aristide wrote:

On France we expect from our president to give a shit aboit other countries and do what is best for us.

Now you say Putin is a saint and mother Therese and wants only the best for poor 3rd worlders.

How naive are you?

Sorry but you have had an English comprehension fail. Where did I say "Putin is a saint and mother Therese and wants only the best for poor 3rd worlders".

You are just putting words in my mouth like you do to others.

Please stop judging others here by your own standards, which are rather lacking in some areas.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Intl. relations is a 2-way street- that's why there r UN & other organizations. "Don't spit into a well- u may need to drink from it later!" If u spit on a crowd, it'll wipe it off; but if the crowd spits on u, u'll drown! Look at ur history: since 1812, France lost more then she gained. This will continue as long as she tries to screw others dances to the US & UK tune.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    Intl. relations is a 2-way street- that's why there r UN & other organizations. "Don't spit into a well- u may need to drink from it later!" If u spit on a crowd, it'll wipe it off; but if the crowd spits on u, u'll drown! Look at ur history: since 1812, France lost more then she gained. This will continue as long as she tries to screw others dances to the US & UK tune.

Our entire living standard depends on crushing our former colonies like oranges.

Why you think i can enjoy my luving standard as personal trainer, travel around ect? They exist to serve us. We dance only to our tune. We screw Russia, usa, uk, germany ect and play whatever team is best.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:42 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

How naive are you?

Sorry but you have had an English comprehension fail. Where did I say "Putin is a saint and mother Therese and wants only the best for poor 3rd worlders".

You are just putting words in my mouth like you do to others.

Please stop judging others here by your own standards, which are rather lacking in some areas.

Maduro is for Putin what Guaido is for us. A muppet. Venezuela is weak and ripe for harvest.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:50 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:.....
    Damn, and those same morons are designing/building Angara, Federtsya, Irtysh or testing Sarmat  

Angara: late

Irtysh: delayed

Federation: delayed (considering that entire design team just ran off to private sector this one seem poised to join Clipper)

Sarmat: ICBM not spacecraft

But hey, space tourism!  lol1

GunshipDemocracy wrote:.....as for sabotage, with US diplomats bringing bombs on Russian civilian airports everything is to me possible.

Again, completely irrelevant (unless you consider mortar shell to be high-tech)

GunshipDemocracy wrote:.....But ground sbotge, not idiot but deliberate ground job. Who  and why?

We can't know that because there is no footage of assembly process. It's good old honor system among the good old boys.

GunshipDemocracy wrote:.....No idiot, professional hired by by mangers dont like to be prosecuted for frauds and wnt to discredit Robozin.

Well they are wasting money because Rogozin is doing that job all by himself and far above even most optimistic expectations.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:16 pm

PD is a certifiable troll. All he does is piss on Russia and Russians. He uses Roscosmos as some sort of "horrible example" while
    avoiding any meaningful comparison to its analogs in other countries. He also claims that Russians are just using Soviet equipment
    like chimps and cannot actually build and design anything. This racist turd clearly has no concept of what it takes to manufacture
    a rocket. Even if old designs are used, it still requires competence and training to build them. And the cases of failure we have
    seen are clear examples of sabotage (e.g. the Proton rocket crash caused by a key sensor deliberately installed, by force, the wrong
    way). If this was not sabotage, then following the logic of this smelly hater all Russian rockets would fail. After, Russians
    are all incompetent. Seriously, if Russian workers are wont to hammer in sensors upside down, then not a single Russian rocket
    would be viable. Now compare this to the actual failure rates and put this PD moron in full context.

Funny how clowns from countries without any space program pretend to be some sort of qualified evaluation committee. Even if
    this clown thinks he is an EU citizen, ESA has no manned rocket program. And ESA is a boutique operation considering the relative
    size of the EU and Russian economies. Also, ESA, for some reason decided to adopt that obsolete Soviet tech at Kourou.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 23 Empty Temporary stuff

Post  PapaDragon Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:44 pm

kvs wrote:PD is a certifiable troll.   All he does is piss on Russia and Russians.   ...

I don't' remember you complaining when I don't

kvs wrote:...He uses Roscosmos as some sort of "horrible example" while avoiding any meaningful comparison to its analogs in other countries.   ...

Here is comparison: how many times have USA/Japan/Europe blamed Russian saboteurs for their own fu*kups?

One place Russia is in the lead definitely...

kvs wrote:He also claims that Russians are just using Soviet equipment...

And are you saying they don't?

One non-Soviet piece of equipment they are trying to use has been *gasp* delayed... yet again...

kvs wrote:And the cases of failure we have seen are clear examples of sabotage (e.g. the Proton rocket crash caused by a key sensor deliberately installed, by force, the wrong way)....

So they finally identified the perpetrator? Good, looking forward to press release thumbsup

(took them long enough though...)

kvs wrote:Funny how clowns from countries without any space program ... 

Let's take this opportunity to remember Canada's conquest of the galaxy

That robot arm that flew to space all by itself is truly technological wonder

kvs wrote: This racist turd

this PD moron...

Watch it there junior, people might interpret this as personal insult (not that mods care when narrative fits the dogma but who knows...)
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:05 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Relations between Russia and the US are worse than they were during the cold war and long may it continue.

The worst future Russia could possibly have is to be accepted by the west and welcomed into that incestuous devil worshipping trailer trash clan of inbreds and yahoos.

Russia is doing all the right things and while the US is pushing Russia away from international organisations and the international community that it controls... it is also reducing its control of those organisations and that community and slowly losing any leadership it might have had.

In pushing away Russia it is also pushing away other countries like China and India and all those non aligned countries are taking notice and will soon work out that their could be an alternative to the western led future of humanity where they don't have to agree that a person can be any gender they feel they want to be this week... and if you tear up your citizenship and run away with a terrorist group to murder people and for some reason get disillusioned with them because every order has a structure and so there are people on top who have it easy and people on the bottom who do all the work and get basically screwed by the people above them and also the people you are fighting against when you get caught... that includes democracy and capitalism as well as communism and socialism and the Muslim church and the christian church and everything in between.
    The west will take in white helmet terrorists who never lived in the west before, but they wont take back former citizens that now claim to have realised what a mistake ISIS was... but then many don't even admit they were wrong... they just want to come back to the west before the Syrians and the Iranians and the Russians get them...

But that is all cool... the more the west shows its teeth the more alternatives will be created and supported more widely like alternative payments systems and loan systems and trade systems etcetc...

I am really enjoying see America shoot itself in the foot while arguing about the Russians interfering in their elections and spending huge money to try to prove it even though there was never any actual evidence in the first place...

But nobody wants to be like russia, india or china.

Is the west perfect? No, but still bettern than all the shitholes you mentioned.

Shitholes? Yeah nice to know. Wonder why so many European tourists visit my city.

Visiting doesnt mean you want to live there.

You know even more european tourists visit Egypt? I was there myself:

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 23 S0zlw4

That doesnt mean i would want to live there. I saw the pyramides and temples, really cool...but the country is a true shithole.

Same counts for my trip to Russia in January 2018. St Petersburg looks nice at the tourist spots but outside...dirty, worn down and pretty bad poverty. There is no functional mobile net outside the city. Public service is rotten down.

You hardly have Wlan outside the center.

Russia, China or India lack something...a culture people want copy. Who wants to be like Russia or India or China?

Nobody. In case of Russia i think the biggest problem is, its lack of style, art and class. India is extremly filthy, same counts for China.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:21 pm

LOL.

Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:35 pm

kvs wrote:

LOL.

But the city of Paris has a greater economic power than entire Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Paris

Its a global center and ranked 5th in the world. No russian city is in the top 10.

And thats the point. The west is not perfect. Paris like any city has bad sides, yet its the pinnacle of human civilisation.

Russia tried to copy french cities. St. Petersburg is a copy of Versailles. But no western european city ever tried to copy a russian city.

I have a certain standard that i demand from evry country to match. If it is unable to match my standard, than its a shithole.

In South America, Chile matched my Standard. I respect Chile. Peru and Bolivia though are shitholes.

Australia totally matched my Standard and i respect it.

Russia was not able to provide the standard i´m used to and so its a shithole. The fact that average russian living span is 10 years lower than ours proves me right.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:08 pm

By the same token, the Mongols & Chinese among them that went to Europe didn't convert to Christianity & adopted the Western culture.
    But the Mongol Kublai Khan adopted the Chinese ways & became an emperor in China (which is now the 2nd economy in the World).
    The same with the Manchus.
    Later, some Japanese envoys visited Europe, but weren't that impressed. Japan (as did Korea & Vietnam) adopted many elements of the Chinese civilization, Western sciences & technology but expelled Christians, killed converts, retained their customs/culture, & avoided being colonized. The same, with some variations, with Thailand & Iran. Indochina is a mix of Indian & Chinese influences + local cultures; that region didn't become a copy of their European colonial masters. The US has French founded New Orleans but it's treated like a shithole by the rest of the country, esp. after the Katrina disaster. I've been there several times, saw some good looking buildings, & knew some1 whos brother was killed there.
    St. Louis’ French Heritage didn't inspire other US cities to follow suit.
    https://explorestlouis.com/itinerary/st-louis-french-heritage/
    https://www.google.com/search?biw=994&bih=429&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=mkSFXK6AJ-yv0PEP9cWAuAE&q=St.+Louis+French&oq=St.+Louis+French&gs_l=img.3...28091.28772..28975...0.0..0.658.658.5-1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.UbnE3mvHKNk

Don't tell me there r no slums & filth in W. Europe & N. America!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca%C3%B1ada_Real
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonia_(United_States)

https://www.google.com/search?biw=994&bih=429&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=yDSFXMzOGoj5-wTQ6aCQAQ&q=detroit+slum&oq=detroit+slum&gs_l=img.3..0l4j0i5i30j0i8i30l2j0i24l3.91389.96791..97727...0.0..1.707.7979.5-11j1......2....1..gws-wiz-img.....0..0i67.KNdUPE_iPbM

https://www.google.com/search?biw=994&bih=429&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=yDSFXMzOGoj5-wTQ6aCQAQ&q=NY+slums&oq=NY+slums&gs_l=img.3..0j0i5i30.2951.7520..9435...0.0..0.708.5361.5-7j1......2....1..gws-wiz-img.....0..0i67j0i8i30j0i30j0i24j0i10i24.rDmo9Dv_xq0

https://www.google.com/search?biw=994&bih=429&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ojWFXPuiFdLq-gT1xZ6ABQ&q=Chicago+slums&oq=Chicago+slums&gs_l=img.3..0l5j0i5i30j0i24l3.75432.88304..89495...0.0..0.798.9509.5-10j4......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i67j0i7i30.SYaZBYwdiIY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Ridge_Indian_Reservation

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/capjournal.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/10/110150a8-a75c-11e5-b5fb-e7a181a8d1b4/56771626936bc.image.jpg

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2011/pine_ridge/pine_ridge_03.jpg
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:43 am

Even if he does, the Chavismo & national liberation idea will live on. Colombia had 50 years of insurgency even though its gov. was being aided by the US & their allies.
    S. America is made & ideal for a long guerrilla warfare. Stay tuned!
    The United States until the end of the week will withdraw from Caracas all remaining diplomats
    https://ria.ru/20190312/1551710485.html

https://lenta.ru/news/2019/03/12/ges/

http://avia.pro/news/venesuelskie-istrebiteli-perehvatili-amerikanskiy-samolyot-popytavshiysya-narushit-granicu?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

Pic. of a Soviet soldier with StG 44, so even back then they used them:
    https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5ae73a7879885e47d5eb1ae0/chtoby-nashe-nachalstvo-ne-moglo-posetit-nashi-ukrepleniia-na-rechnom-ostrovke-ia-specialno-strelial-v-storonu-nemeckih-okopov-5c7e75b2c3ef1c00af3cdc09

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add links)
    verkhoturye51
    verkhoturye51

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 23 Empty Russia is almost a land locked country

Post  verkhoturye51 Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Russia is almost a land locked country

It's the only country in the world with ports in three oceans and their desire to trade is clear to me, but their ability to deter the US from interventing in the Third world is seriously limited by US having allies on their border. Bring Kuz to Venezuela, which is of relatively small interest to them, so they can have more US presence in Ukraine 500 km from Moscow? The long-term price they could pay and the risks are too high. They mitigated this lately with stepping up the defence with hypersonic missiles and eventually going to Syria, but that's about it. The US has too high leverage over Russia right now. Not fixing Ukraine problem will limit the likelihood of intervention in Venezuela.

Where does Shchuka-B come in? As I said, SSKs are more needed than SSNs. They've been following this idea for some time now and it is as true now as it was in December. It will help them press on Kiev, Berlin and Tokyo, which is strategically a priority over losing Maduro.

Offensive investing in CVNs and SSNs, this is the US doctrine. Hate it as much as you wish, but they can do it because they've taken care of domestic affairs first via Monroe doctrine. Russia is globally still on defensive positon, as it was in the entire Soviet era, no matter how they pretend do be free and trade with African countries. The only hope for world multipolarity is either their alliance with China or taking care of their neighbourhood issues, both of which is gradually taking place.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 pm

Bring Kuz to Venezuela, which is of relatively small interest to them, so they can have more US presence in Ukraine 500 km from Moscow?

But the US has a presence in the Ukraine anyway... whether Russia does anything or not... the US also has a presence in Georgia and the baltic states and Poland and soon Finland too... do you think this process is going to stop for no reason at all?

US Jupiter missiles in Turkey didn't leave by themselves... it took Soviet missiles in Cuba to make them rethink their policy of putting nukes near Moscow... seems they need another gesture now too, but this isn't just about Venezuela... why would any country want to trade with Russia if there is a risk that the US might decide to impose sanctions and steal their resources... they are actually interested in all sorts of materials other than oil too you know...

The long-term price they could pay and the risks are too high. They mitigated this lately with stepping up the defence with hypersonic missiles and eventually going to Syria, but that's about it. The US has too high leverage over Russia right now. Not fixing Ukraine problem will limit the likelihood of intervention in Venezuela.

I would say the opposite... US leverage is getting less and less because when you use links to force others to do as you tell them those links get broken pretty quickly and the US has less and less leverage... they already used the EU as leverage too and there were rather more links between the EU and Russia, which are now in tatters... most of the broken connections have been solved with investment and development of Russian solutions or increased trade with China and other countries.

The future of Russia will be separate from the future of the US... I am sure when Trump leaves office there is going to be a backlash at all the damage he has done internationally, but the fact that there are only two political parties in the US and they both love bashing Russia I don't think a new election and a change of government will make very much difference... Russia is not seen as a potential ally, it is a rival... and a serious rival that is literally a threat to US leadership of the world (in their eyes).

Russia will need a strong navy because there is no way it can assume international justice in its favour ever again.

If Russia wants a future, it needs trading partners and its old eastern european partners have all jumped in to bed with the EU and US and they don't approve of bed sharing... the Ukraine cannot be a friend to the west and to Russia at the same time... they never say why... you just can't.

In such a situation Russia needs mobile and powerful surface naval groups that can operate world wide for extended periods and ensure open sea lines of communication... it is OK they don't have to be the worlds police... they don't have to keep every sea lane open, but they do need to protect their trade and the trade of their allies when needed... they can't do that with Corvettes and Frigates and a helicopter carrier no matter what combination of letters you use to describe it.

Where does Shchuka-B come in? As I said, SSKs are more needed than SSNs. They've been following this idea for some time now and it is as true now as it was in December. It will help them press on Kiev, Berlin and Tokyo, which is strategically a priority over losing Maduro.

I agree that right now Ladas are important, but they have already put in a big order... they will be delivered at the rate they come and no faster... SSNs are also valuable because they are actually SSGNs too... why not have both?

Offensive investing in CVNs and SSNs, this is the US doctrine.

No it isn't. A CVN is to protect other Russian ships and sub groupings... it is not the purpose of the grouping.

Russia is globally still on defensive positon, as it was in the entire Soviet era, no matter how they pretend do be free and trade with African countries. The only hope for world multipolarity is either their alliance with China or taking care of their neighbourhood issues, both of which is gradually taking place.

Their neighbourhood issues are never going to change... even if someone waves a magic wand and Kiev has real elections that all of the Ukraine participates in and they are free and fair and everyone accepts the results they are not suddenly going to become an ally of Russia... they are still going to be focussed on the west for future growth and development... hell the west might even purposely rig the election so the anti EU people win just so they don't have to pay the cost of rebuilding and restoring the Ukraine to something resembling a normal country... someone is going to have to spend hundreds of billions of dollars to fix them and you can bet your ass it wont be the US...

I am not suggesting Russia needs 13 carrier groups with CVNs and needs to become the worlds policeman and fight the US and UK and France for control of the high seas, but what they do need is the ability to protect allies from the shit the US and the west is pulling on Venezuela right now and what they tried to pull on Syria and Libya and Kosovo and Georgia.

Now Georgia proved that even if they had 13 carrier groups and all the power of the US... sometimes you can't do much except talk... sometimes the country involved is too far away from you and too close to the other guy for you to do anything about it... Kosovo is the same for Russia... a couple of carrier groups would not have helped there either...

But then if a huge navy and an enormous budget and spying tools that would give the Stasi an enormous collective errection are not enough sometimes then nothing Russia could manage will make them omnipotent... but that is not the goal.

For a country like Venezuela to choose Maduro, they need to be sure the US wont bowl in and change things... and currently the only things stopping that are Russia, China, Cuba, Turkey, and a few other countries that are not total bitches to the US...

Russia developing a global naval reach means there can be an alternative to the unipolar American reality.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:38 am

Pic. of a Soviet soldier with StG 44, so even back then they used them:

What is that supposed to prove? And what has it got to do with anything in this thread?

The germans put Soviet 120mm mortars into production and started using them widely after coming under their fire against the Soviets... they also used any T-34 tank they managed to capture too.

There are photos of American pilots flying MiG-15s is America going to start producing MiG-15s?

Does that mean the MiG-15 is superior to all other US fighter planes?

And the photo shows a Soviet soldier holding a rifle... not using it.... it could have been a staged propaganda photo for all we know... a lot of them were.... and the ones that weren't were censored or destroyed.

Nobody. In case of Russia i think the biggest problem is, its lack of style, art and class. India is extremly filthy, same counts for China.

Says the French librarian monkey in a grey knitted cardigan...

But the city of Paris has a greater economic power than entire Russia.

So it is OK to be a shithole if you are rich?

Australia totally matched my Standard and i respect it.

Is that ironic or what... most Aussies I know despise french people... and love Americans...

Thes forest in Venezuela is not similar to brazil. Totally different ecosystem.

Hilarious... a european who cares about the rainforest... what about the great forests in europe... where have they all gone and why is europe not punished for getting rid of them?

As long as he keeps the support of the military Maduro will be as hard to shift from power as Saddam was... even Venezuelas neighbours have said they are not interested in assisting a US invasion.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:30 am

And the photo shows a Soviet soldier holding a rifle... not using it..
    It's the proof that it was captured during the war. Not only they used it, as mentioned in the source I posted, but the AK-47 is it's direct descendant. The German engineers helped Kalashnikov to set up its production. I've seen both rifles up close & their similarity is striking.
    The Japanese swordsmiths copied Western muskets as soon as they got a hold of them & being ordered to do so.
    It shows that useful things can be adopted by anybody.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:36 am