Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
BKP
Airman
Lapain
d_taddei2
BM-21
ali.a.r
sheytanelkebir
Cheetah
The Ottoman
slasher
HUNTER VZLA
T-47
SeigSoloyvov
littlerabbit
Cyberspec
Walther von Oldenburg
Project Canada
lycantrop
Visc
nomadski
Kimppis
Skandalwitwe
OminousSpudd
Bolt
mnrck
George1
GarryB
eehnie
calm
soigneerin
0nillie0
ultimatewarrior
KiloGolf
Regular
medo
ult
Benya
par far
PapaDragon
crod
Karbafoz
auslander
kvs
KomissarBojanchev
JohninMK
TheArmenian
MMBR
archangelski
storm333
AlfaT8
Hannibal Barca
starman
ATLASCUB
Vann7
A Different Voice
higurashihougi
Godric
AK-Rex
KoTeMoRe
arpakola
A1RMAN
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
franco
68 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

Post  Guest Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:26 pm

eehnie wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Or anyone with experience with reading Peskov it is: "I don't know".  Once again, he is known for this.  Not like it matters anyway.  Rumor has it that it was requested by Russia for Syria to move their more advanced planes to the Russian AB.

It is obvious that the most advanced aircrafts with Syrian marks are between the most pursued targets by the US and Israel. It would be a logical movement.

This is in part why I do not see Russia sending MiG-31 or other advanced aircrafts to Syria. But the less advanced, like the L-39, and more taking into account that have a lavel of training aircrafts and not combat aircrafts, can go to Syria easier and with very lower cost.

Russia atm doesnt have enough L-39s for their own needs, let alone to waste them on Syria. Atm about 160 are fit for service. Majority of rest are graveyard material.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Moscow's map 11th April

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C9LehETWAAAXhSt
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:29 pm

From the press conference it is clear that there is no meeting of minds between Lavrov and Tillerson.

The US has given Lavrov no evidence of Assad responsibility for the gas attack.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:21 pm

JohninMK wrote:Moscow's map 11th April

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C9LehETWAAAXhSt

Look at that horror ...
    Syria only controls (at best) 25% of its own territory . This is why is way
    more easier for US and its allies to invade its airspace ,because they cannot
    create density in their air defenses. It was a total failure of Putin allowing Idlib to fall  , now he have to do ,what he refused to do before ,but under a major
    disadvantage.  The so little territory Syria controls , only encourage NATo
    to continue attacking . This is courtesy of the monkey President in Russia.

Had Syria controlled all its borders , none of those tomahawks will have landed
    it. the attacks came from the Jordan side ,which is not coincidence only terrorist control. Those elevated mountains you see in the map ,to the eastern desert of Syria , had to had antennas deployed by US special forces
    to help guide the tomahacks to the Syrian military base near.

Im really skeptic Syria ever will have the manpower to recapture all its lost territory , because will have to spread their forces and their numbers. So called "Safe zones" that Trump wants is nothing but turning every rebel terrorist controlled zone in a No Syrian army enter zone. ie.. the partition of Syria. best hope for Syria now is to survive being totally disbanded.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 am

Look how treasonous is the Chinese Government , in the Syrian
    resolution they refused to vote in support of Russia. No

Look at the chinese president piece of trash.. smiling while trump was
    attacking Syria ,risking the life of Syrian and Russian soldiers.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 1052434434

This is the major fucking problem with Russia. Putin is really awful ,
    in influencing other nations. I will not be surprised if China turns against
    Russia in just a year or two.What is also embarrasing is to see Khazakistan
    another former soviet state to abstein from such important vote. No

This is total idiocy and failure of Putin to influence its own allies. This is why
    i dont see ever Russia taking off with Putin as the head of the nation , he is really terrible. and i dont see anyone that could be less bad than him in the near future. So India backstab Russia and China too ,who is next?
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:31 am

Vann7 wrote:

Look at the chinese president piece of trash.. smiling while trump was
    attacking Syria ,risking the life of Syrian and Russian soldiers.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 1052434434

another former soviet state to abstein from such important vote.  No

This is total idiocy and failure of Putin to influence its own allies. This is why
    i dont see ever Russia taking off with Putin as the head of the nation , he is really terrible. and i dont see anyone that could be less bad than him in the near future.  So India backstab Russia and China too ,who is next?

The Chinese have always been like that. Don't get your hopes up on them. They won't trade anything in this world for the access to the American market (or anything that can jeopardize it). Russia will play along with One Belt/OBOR since they'll control passage. Russia will also get China hooked like a meth patient on Russian natural resources.

People always ask why Russia battles so much for Europe (focus on Asia instead they say). It's simple - he who controls Europe, controls the world. That's why the anglo-family (U.S, Canada, Britain) will always be an adversary for Russia. Germany is the nut to crack since they have ambitions for themselves and like to control Europe (and have achieved so with their EU project), even if it means been subservient to the U.S in foreign policy (small price to pay). The Chinese need greater integration to the European market to hedge against the U.S. For that they'll need Russia.

The Russian economy is too small to punch others around. "Russian ***** cause of my army - do as I say" doesn't get you where you want to be. All in due time. The Ukrainian situation needs to flip, fast! Even if the Americans fail in their bid to flip Ukraine in the long run, they'll achieve a secondary objective - delivering a failed state in Russian borders and delaying Russian economic expansion and integration years back. It's all a well elaborated game.

With the U.S you can't show mercy when the time comes to splash them. When, because it's a matter of time, not IF - when the U.S dollar collapses, the world powers would be wise to exploit that as much as possible and push for territorial partition of the states as well. The Western states are prime target - the north/south paradigm no longer exist.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:50 am; edited 3 times in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:39 am

So what do you want Russia to do? Bomb Kazakhstan?

Nothing they can do.  At least they didn't vote in favor of it.  They are cowards but not fools.  China will continue back room deals since they been saying the same shit since day 1 - no military but political solution.

As you can tell, not long after Trump said he wont go after China over currency manipulation, etc.  So in other words, traded a vote that nullifies their vote, for economic brownie points.  Kazakhstan is a nation never trust worthy but because are reliant on Russia and are at an odd economic moment, have no choice but to throw their vote so they don't get screwed economically.  Bolivia is just a nation that stands up for what is right.

The funny thing is, there are no allies, regardless. Just interests. China will counter US no matter what, but will do so on their terms. Ethiopia is broke regardless and is always in need of scraps from US, and well, Russia has its own to look after. Kazakhstan will always side with Russia because it has to for its own survival. It knows it is cornered and US cannot help them, they seen that with Georgia.

Don't think too much on the outer side of things. Tillerson made all these grandstanding comments before moscow visit. After? Nothing. The visit was a waste time but Tillerson sure was singing a different tune.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:56 am

miketheterrible wrote:So what do you want Russia to do? Bomb Kazakhstan?

Nothing they can do.  At least they didn't vote in favor of it.  They are cowards but not fools.  China will continue back room deals since they been saying the same shit since day 1 - no military but political solution.

As you can tell, not long after Trump said he wont go after China over currency manipulation, etc.  So in other words, traded a vote that nullifies their vote, for economic brownie points.  Kazakhstan is a nation never trust worthy but because are reliant on Russia and are at an odd economic moment, have no choice but to throw their vote so they don't get screwed economically.  Bolivia is just a nation that stands up for what is right.

Bolivia will be short lived sadly. Evo won't last forever. The empire is focused hard on Venezuela atm so that's why Bolivia and Ecuador are roaming around still. Venezuela is ground zero between the Venezuelan Security services, Cuban DI, FSB (lesser extent) vs. the CIA, Colombians, the oligarchs + the traitors in Spain.

I think it was a decent payback after the U.S grounded Evo's plane not so long ago in Europe? If you remember - due to Snowden? Plus obviously the CIA doesn't want him in power - soon they'll plan for Bolivia real good.

Latin America moves in baby steps because no other great power actually challenges the U.S in the region - it's the sad reality.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:03 am

ATLASCUB wrote:

Bolivia will be short lived sadly. Evo won't last forever. The empire is focused hard on Venezuela atm so that's why Bolivia and Ecuador are roaming around still. Venezuela is ground zero between the Venezuelan Security services, Cuban DI, FSB (lesser extent) vs. the CIA, Colombians, the oligarchs + the traitors in Spain.

I think it was a decent payback after the U.S grounded Evo's plane not so long ago in Europe? If you remember - due to Snowden? Plus obviously the CIA doesn't want him in power - soon they'll plan for Bolivia real good.

Latin America moves in baby steps because no other great power actually challenges the U.S in the region - it's the sad reality.

It is all preparation. If Bolivia can hold off a colored revolution, they are fine. Others like Armenia managed it. I think Bolivia can if they play it smart. Maduro really screwed the pooch on the beginning of the revolts. Now it will take time for him to reverse the damage and to fend off the foreigners.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:21 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:

It is all preparation.  If Bolivia can hold off a colored revolution, they are fine.  Others like Armenia managed it.  I think Bolivia can if they play it smart.  Maduro really screwed the pooch on the beginning of the revolts.  Now it will take time for him to reverse the damage and to fend off the foreigners.

Venezuela has a high likelihood of falling in the next election. I haven't been following it as closely as I would like but I understand the generalities. The country's opposition has been completely bought off and the damage that this has done is immense. The opposition/CIA will pull something in the next election. They are trying a similar thing like they did in Brazil/Honduras now - a constitutional coup. Obviously Maduro knows and it has been thwarted for now. If Maduro survives this constant pressure/attacks I think the next election will be the one that breaks the camels back - the U.S and their puppets will go nuclear. The country will surfer anyhow cause the oligarchs will sell the country off like all neoliberals do - and the U.S will make sure to set up camp for a long time. They don't want another Chavez appearing ever again. Hopefully by then Lula gets into Brazil again, and Argentina flips as well - we'll see.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    par far

Post  par far Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:20 pm

The biggest and best way to slay the beast is go for it's heart and in this case the heart is the petrodollar. If you can collapse the petrodollar, the beast will be severely wounded.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:12 pm

par far wrote:The biggest and best way to slay the beast is go for it's heart and in this case the heart is the petrodollar. If you can collapse the petrodollar, the beast will be severely wounded.

Rolling Eyes

Psych ward is over there....
    storm333
    storm333

Post  storm333 Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Syria took the form of a complex humanitarian crisis. Is the US using strategic deception in Syria or have Russia and its allies displayed institutional ignorance? I will attempt to answer this in my future post
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Russia sends more upgraded Su-24M's to Syria. Total is up to 22 according to this article plus if my memory serves me correctly there are also 8 Mig-29SMP.

http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/syria-gains-more-upgraded-su-24m2-bombers.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:15 pm

franco wrote:Russia sends more upgraded Su-24M's to Syria. Total is up to 22 according to this article plus if my memory serves me correctly there are also 8 Mig-29SMP.

This is claimed to be a batch of 8.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:27 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    franco wrote:Russia sends more upgraded Su-24M's to Syria. Total is up to 22 according to this article plus if my memory serves me correctly there are also 8 Mig-29SMP.

This is claimed to be a batch of 8.

There were 12 reported last year, 2 unknown and 8 this time... I hope Smile
    par far

Post  par far Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    par far wrote:The biggest and best way to slay the beast is go for it's heart and in this case the heart is the petrodollar. If you can collapse the petrodollar, the beast will be severely wounded.

Rolling Eyes

Psych ward is over there....

I was referring to the posts above me, who were discussing, how US was interfering in other countries politics. Why do you think think they are doing this?

The asshole arrogant's ward is over there in the middle corner.
    par far

Post  par far Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Would it not better to give Syria aircraft that can be effective against ground targets and air targets as well? Let's say that the Russian's don't want to bomb close to US forces, can they have the Syrian's do that for them?(By giving the Syrians air to air capabilities, they would not need to be afraid of US fighters jet and they can keep the Turkish fighter jets out.) Would not training the Syrian's on the SU 30, be more beneficial to Russia? Or is that too costly?
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 am

par far wrote:

Would it not better to give Syria aircraft that can be effective against ground targets and air targets as well? Let's say that the Russian's don't want to bomb close to US forces, can they have the Syrian's do that for them?(By giving the Syrians air to air capabilities, they would not need to be afraid of US fighters jet and they can keep the Turkish fighter jets out.) Would not training the Syrian's on the SU 30, be more beneficial to Russia? Or is that too costly?

30 would be too expensive for now. Believe they are trying to do that with the mig-29smp which is an upgrade close to 29SMT level.
    par far

Post  par far Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:10 am

franco wrote:
    par far wrote:

30 would be too expensive for now. Believe they are trying to do that with the mig-29smp which is an upgrade close to 29SMT level.

The SU 30 would be expensive, do you think 20-25 MIG 29 SMP, will be enough for Syria or will they need more?

calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Russians everywhere

Palmyra/Homs/Hama
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C9MphoTXgAEi7siRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C9MpiytXYAE41YpRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C8zkmuDWsAAIFMfRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C8flWmRXsAANyfvRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C8e4EnsXcAAUrVgRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C8aYxHvXkAEwr1RRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C9S8lNnXoAEjCII

latakia
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C9Nqcx0XcAIXvyQRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C9Nqf9gXYAA_Vc8Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C9Nqh-ZXsAA1kNtRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C9NqjvOXoAAO-iQ

"ISIS Hunters" around Palmyra.
    Unit trained and equipped by Russia.
    video / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUCa4-G4Ln8
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C8uKgFdXgAA5RA4Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C8uKihiW0AAvDA5Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C8uKgFdXsAAh-OYRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 8 C8uKgFfWsAA5eQi

TOS-1A Palmyra

starman
    starman

Post  starman Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Vann7 wrote:

another former soviet state to abstein from such important vote.  No

i dont see ever Russia taking off with Putin as the head of the nation , he is really terrible. and i dont see anyone that could be less bad than him in the near future.  So India backstab Russia and China too ,who is next?

Face it, Putin's Russia is not the USSR c 1968. Everybody knows this, and most states deem it prudent to bow to the US, no matter how nutty its leadership or policies.
    starman
    starman

Post  starman Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Im really skeptic Syria ever will have the manpower to recapture all its lost territory , because will have to spread their forces and their numbers. So called "Safe zones" that Trump wants is nothing but turning every rebel terrorist controlled zone in a No Syrian army enter zone. ie.. the partition of Syria. best hope for Syria now is to survive being totally disbanded.

Assad has been hamstrung, not only but a dearth of his own resources, but insufficient allied resources. There are limits to what Russia, Iran, and Hez can give.
    Of course Assad's regime must deny using chemical weapons, but given the straits they're in, I wouldn't blame them....If only Trump had minded his own business this civil war might've been wrapped up this year. Allowing chemical attacks on regime enemies might scare them into making more concessions and facilitate a settlement.

Last edited by starman on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Trump plays a bad hand with courage. It will not work, no reason to panic. Putin is not isolated, its just that Chinese are extra cautious but they make fun of the Americans, eg they raise concerns about North Korea exposing American weakness, we all know that Beijing is behind Pyongyang. Trump can't afford to get sucked to this kind of game and he knows it.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Trump plays a bad hand with courage. It will not work, no reason to panic. Putin is not isolated, its just that Chinese are extra cautious but they make fun of the Americans, eg they raise concerns about North Korea exposing American weakness, we all know that Beijing is behind Pyongyang. Trump can't afford to get sucked to this kind of game and he knows it.

Plus China already warned US over North Korea and aggression. China is just playing its own game. Kazakhstan stated their reason for abstaining was that they are trying to promote their own Astana talks and everything else, so they are trying to get brownie points from the rest of the world. Not really a dumb idea.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:07 pm