Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+34
caveat emptor
Arrow
crod
Backman
kvs
Scorpius
Werewolf
ArgentinaGuard
Isos
Tsavo Lion
Sujoy
Kiko
Walther von Oldenburg
Belisarius
ALAMO
Eugenio Argentina
Hole
lyle6
Sprut-B
d_taddei2
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Airbornewolf
GarryB
nomadski
franco
yavar
JohninMK
par far
MMBR
George1
flamming_python
nemrod
ahmedfire
Kyo
38 posters

Israeli-Hezbollah conflict

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Israeli-Hezbollah conflict - Page 26 Empty Re: Israeli-Hezbollah conflict

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:41 pm

🇱🇧 🇱🇧 WATCH: Hezbollah members and supporters, while still clearing the rubble around the airstrike ground zero, lament; 'We are the soldiers of Hezbollah, we are forever at your service oh Nasrallah'

https://t.me/Middle_East_Spectator/10216
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:41 pm

🇸🇾🇱🇧 Syria announces three days of public mourning following the martyrdom of the secretary general of the Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah.
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:42 pm

🇱🇧 PressTV news reporter Mariam Saleh with words of encouragement and determination for the cause after the announcement of the death of Sayed Hassan Nasrallah 🥀

https://t.me/ResistanceTrench2/11448
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:55 pm

It turns out that whole Hezbollah leadership was wiped out in mere two weeks. It looks like organization is completely compromised from inside and that old structure of leaders was resting on the laurels. Will that cause significant decrease in their combat capabilities remains to be seen.
    Also, this is a good lesson for Russia. If they started hitting Ukrainian leadership from the get go, it is very possible war would be over by now and thousands of Russian lives would be preserved.
    As for Iran, i think that leadership of the country just wants to preserve their own positions and is looking towards building up nuclear arsenal as means of deterrence. I don't expect any meaningful escalatory answer from them.

crod and Backman like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:05 pm

‼ Pezeshkian: Intl. community will not forget that order for Nasrallah assassination was issued from NY

@PressTV
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:05 pm

🎥|🇮🇷 Chants against the killers, the terrorists, and the oppressors inside the shrine of Imam Reza (as) in Mashad, Iran.

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/8328
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:35 pm

🇷🇺🇱🇧🇮🇱The Russian Federation strongly condemns the political assassination of the Hezbollah leader committed by Israel, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.

The ministry noted that the Russian Federation strongly urges Israel to immediately cease hostilities. Israel bears full responsibility for any subsequent escalation.

starman likes this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:41 pm

#Bahrain

Sheikh Al-Dhihe, mourning the martyr Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah: He was an unmatched leader and a fearless hero

The Deputy Secretary-General of Al-Wefaq, Sheikh Hussein Al-Dhihe, mourned the martyr His Eminence Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah, stating that he was "a leader unmatched in stature, a hero who knows no fear, and a brave man whose steps were drawn with the wisdom of prophets and the insight of the pure Imams." He ascended "as a great martyr after a life full of giving and striving for the sake of Allah."

He added via his account on the social media platform X (formerly Twitter) that martyr Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah "illuminated our path with his words and presence, becoming an everlasting symbol of resistance, steadfastness, and support for the oppressed. He was the light that inspires us and plants hope in our hearts, no matter how dark it gets, and his memory will remain alive in our hearts and minds, etched into every grain of soil he fought for."

He continued, "If the Lord of Resistance has departed, his raised flag will never fall, and it will remain a beacon guiding the fighters in the paths of struggle. The hands of his heroic sons will continue to hold that flag with determination and resilience."

He added, "His departure was not the end of the road, but a new beginning for a journey that will not stop until complete victory is achieved and all forces of oppression and tyranny are defeated. His voice will continue to echo in our hearts, and his faith and courage will remain a source of inspiration for all who walk the path of resistance."

He concluded by saying that "the victory that our late leader believed in is certainly coming, through the hands of those raised under his determination and faith," as he expressed.
    lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:07 pm

caveat emptor wrote:It turns out that whole Hezbollah leadership was wiped out in mere two weeks. It looks like organization is completely compromised from inside and that old structure of leaders was resting on the laurels.  Will that cause significant decrease in their combat capabilities remains to be seen.
    Hezbollah will just get new leaders. You cannot destroy a movement or ideal by just doing targeted assassinations. With all the random civilian killings Israel is doing in Lebanon I suspect the recruitment rate for Hezbollah is going up instead of down.

caveat emptor wrote:Also, this is a good lesson for Russia. If they started hitting Ukrainian leadership from the get go, it is very possible war would be over by now and thousands of Russian lives would be preserved.
    Bullshit. Instead Russia would be fighting a bloody, expensive, and hard counter insurgency campaign in Ukraine. See what happened after WW2 in Ukraine, and that was at a time the Ukrainian borders were plugged with areas (Poland, Hungary, Romania) under Soviet control.

Instead Ukraine is being eviscerated and neutralized in perpetuity. And will serve as an abject lesson for whoever wants to be next used by the US as a platform to target European Russia.

caveat emptor wrote:As for Iran, i think that leadership of the country just wants to preserve their own positions and is looking towards building up nuclear arsenal as means of deterrence.  I don't expect any meaningful escalatory answer from them.
    Their current President is weak AF.

ahmedfire, Hannibal Barca and JohninMK like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:22 pm

caveat emptor wrote:It turns out that whole Hezbollah leadership was wiped out in mere two weeks. It looks like organization is completely compromised from inside and that old structure of leaders was resting on the laurels.  Will that cause significant decrease in their combat capabilities remains to be seen.
    Also, this is a good lesson for Russia. If they started hitting Ukrainian leadership from the get go, it is very possible war would be over by now and thousands of Russian lives would be preserved.
    As for Iran, i think that leadership of the country just wants to preserve their own positions and is looking towards building up nuclear arsenal as means of deterrence.  I don't expect any meaningful escalatory answer from them.

I basically agree. But Iran/Hezbo have to do something. Even if they are symbolic strikes. There is sizable political pressure from the people building up.

Hannibal Barca and starman like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Eugenio, stop reporting with pro-Palestinian media. Isn't there something more balanced than accounting for what really happens? I'm not telling you to use CNN but at least look for something more balanced.
    The Arabs demonstrate the shame and historical incapacity they have. The Israelis destroyed their main commanders and do not have a minimum response capacity. The only thing they do is whine with humanitarian organizations and the stupid left of the West, who only whine like hysterics.

Last edited by ArgentinaGuard on Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

crod and Backman like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:55 pm

lancelot wrote:
    Their current President is weak AF.

Ayatollah is calling the shots in Iran and, especially, of this importance. President doesn't have much say in it. Khamenei is a head of state and Supreme leader of Iran (official name of his position), not Pezeshkian.

Eugenio Argentina likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:29 pm

lancelot wrote:
    Hezbollah will just get new leaders. You cannot destroy a movement or ideal by just doing targeted assassinations. With all the random civilian killings Israel is doing in Lebanon I suspect the recruitment rate for Hezbollah is going up instead of down.
    I fail to see how liquidation of 20 top people in hierarchy doesn't make any difference. Maybe even positive one, if said people got too complacent. It remains to be seen in the future.
    Lebanon is a deeply fractured country. Hezbollah is a Shia movement and more recruits among Shia are certain. Also, civilian casualties are, probably, 90+% Shia since bombings are done in the South of the country and South Beirut, which are predominantly Shia. Hezbollah controlled areas function as a state within the state. Because of that, they have powerful enemies within the country.
    I don't think there will be much mourning among Maronites and Druze, for example. Or part of the Sunni population.
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:20 pm

Iraqi MPs after hearing the martyrdom of Seyed Nasrallah.

https://t.me/ResistanceTrench2/11457
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:22 pm

🇺🇸🇮🇱⚡🇱🇧 Statement from Biden on the assassination of Seyed Hassan Nasrallah:

“Hassan Nasrallah and the terrorist group he led, Hezbollah, were responsible for killing hundreds of Americans over a four-decade reign of terror.  His death from an Israeli airstrike is a measure of justice for his many victims, including thousands of Americans and Israelis.

“The strike that killed Nasrallah took place in the broader context of the conflict that began with Hamas’s massacre on October 7, 2023.  Nasrallah, the next day, made the fateful decision to join hands with Hamas and open what he called a “northern front” against Israel.

“The United States fully supports Israel’s right to defend itself against Hezbollah, Hamas, the Houthis, and any other Iranian-supported terrorist groups.  Just yesterday, I directed my Secretary of Defense to further enhance the defense posture of U.S. military forces in the Middle East region to deter aggression and reduce the risk of a broader regional war.”

🚩 @ResistanceTrench
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:25 pm

Palestine bids farewell to the martyred leader, Hassan Nasrallah, may God have mercy on him 🇱🇧🇵🇸💔

https://t.me/gazaalannet/60549
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:29 pm

🎥|🇮🇶 Iraqi people are marching en masse, towards the Green Zone area, in Iraq, in condemnation of the assassination of Martyr Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah.

https://t.me/FotrosResistance/8339
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:30 pm

Eugenio Argentina wrote:
    nomadski wrote:

Fool me once , shame on you . Fool me twice shame on me . Ho Chi Minh survived . Castro survived . Why does top commanders of Hamas and Hezb Allah and Iran not survive ? Because they are not always surrounded by friends . There is a loss . There is damage . The way to secure command structure : A horizontal versus a vertical command structure . No hierarchy . Nobody knows everything . Decisions fully democratic at local and national level . RIP to all the martyrs . The path continues .

yes sir

A very simplistic analysis lacking historical rigor.

Well , you must say why , you think it is simplistic ! Not just claim it ! Here is another " simplistic , " analysis for you : In many of these Israeli killings , Iranians have been present ! Especially those that arrive recently into Syria and now Lebanon . Remember also that Haniyeh was killed in Iran . Is it not possible that the yanks and Israelis are tracking individuals and can follow them to a precise destination . Electronic tagging ? Satellite tracking ? Or more simply that ( I like simple explanations ) they are betrayed . We know for a long time that Iranian security , is anything but secure . How about Syria or Lebanon ? Now you are free to offer your sophisticated analysis , if you don't like mine ! I heard westerners , talk freely about " assassinating Iranian leaders . " But at that time this was rejected , because someone said " There are too many of them . "   Therefore a country that is ruled by the few or a King , can be put into turmoil or defeated , by the killing of such leader . But a country ruled by the people , can not be defeated in this way . A democratic Republic .

Rolling Eyes
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:33 pm

❗Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov called Israel's attacks on Lebanon inhumane, adding that the killing of Palestinian civilians with US weapons should be immediately stopped.

Lavrov stated that Russia believes Washington was at the very least aware of Israel's recent attacks on Lebanon.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:06 pm

caveat emptor wrote:

Russia is not Israel.
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:50 pm

Teams of very smart strategists are probably rethinking their life choices in some bar now.

Imagine all the work to gather and analyze crucial intelligence over years, no decades, just to gain an understanding on how the enemy's leadership thinks.

Then hot head retards flush all that work down the toilet.

That, is the reason why smart countries don't assassinate their opponents leadership.

crod, JohninMK and Kiko like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Pretty decent take on the predicament Irannow finds itself.
    https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/sep/28/hassan-nasrallah-hezbollah-iran-lebanon-israel-us-analysis?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_ct=1727553244624&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=17275532226296&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2F2024%2Fsep%2F28%2Fhassan-nasrallah-hezbollah-iran-lebanon-israel-us-analysis

JohninMK and nomadski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:08 pm

lyle6 wrote:
    That, is the reason why smart countries don't assassinate their opponents leadership.
    Compounded by the new leader, with team in this case, being a totally unknown quantity, likely to be much younger and with a desire to make a name for themselves (war can change lives in so many ways). Plus of course a burning need for revenge.

Oh, with the World looking on in horror driving Israel's already shattered reputation further into the dirt. A US rating agency has just downgraded them another two points to the lowest level.

There may even be some leaders who believed that diplomatic niceties still existed that are now looking over their shoulders hoping that some of their enemies don't get the same idea.

starman likes this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:19 pm

lyle6 wrote:

The very reason Mi5 left the PIRA leadership intact for decades. It ultimately lead to such a high level of disruption, they were forced into a peaceful outcome.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:19 pm

Eugenio Argentina wrote:🇱🇧 PressTV news reporter Mariam Saleh with words of encouragement and determination for the cause after the announcement of the death of Sayed Hassan Nasrallah 🥀

https://t.me/ResistanceTrench2/11448

And this PressTV host found out live on air

Ouch

Anyway the Ukrainian military and political leadership are morons, may they live forever. There's no Israeli experience for Russia to learn from here. While Hezbollah is a very dangerous to Israel organization which was keeping one step ahead of Israel right up until the time that their rear-ends started to be detonated by compromised pagers.

What Russia should really take a look at is how Iranian inaction and hesitation to retaliate has demoralized their own 'Axis of Resistance', while not managing to escape an escalation anyway. Iran acted wisely by shipping in Russian missiles and air defense systems and so on, but only in the sense of it being better late than never. They should have started doing that already last year. Their president has been making ambigious statements and confusing their own allies too.

Russia needs to avoid the same mistakes in its dealings with NATO. Updating nuclear doctrines might force NATO to consider things for another week or two, but they'll be back. Don't know what Putin is up to here, but he better be ready with a real reply when or if NATO missiles start crashing down on Russian cities.

nomadski likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:27 pm