Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Daniel_Admassu
lyle6
GarryB
LMFS
gc3762
KoTeMoRe
lancelot
TMA1
PeregrineFalcon
Backman
Hole
dino00
Tai Hai Chen
Scorpius
Arrow
thegopnik
Isos
nero
zepia
FFjet
secretprojects
Begome
Gomig-21
limb
Mindstorm
SeigSoloyvov
wilhelm
jaguar_br
tomazy
Stealthflanker
PapaDragon
owais.usmani
Sujoy
AlfaT8
Singular_Transform
The-thing-next-door
marcellogo
RTN
Azi
ahmedfire
x_54_u43
ultimatewarrior
JohninMK
Austin
Tsavo Lion
Giulio
jhelb
tanino
kvs
mnztr
Rodion_Romanovic
PhSt
Vann7
Viktor
Big_Gazza
archangelski
magnumcromagnon
miketheterrible
calripson
william.boutros
George1
ult
66 posters

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6

dino00
    dino00

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 Empty Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6

Post  dino00 Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:25 pm

VKS will receive the first production Su-57 before the end of the year

KOMSOMOLSK-ON-AMUR (Khabarovsk Territory), November 8 - RIA Novosti. The aerospace forces will receive the first fifth-generation serial fighter Su-57 before the end of the year, Deputy Defense Minister Alexei Krivoruchko told reporters following a visit to the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aircraft plant.
    Under the current contract, VKS must receive 76 such aircraft by 2028, the deputy minister reminded, noting that the first machine is almost ready to be sent to the troops.

"Next year, we are waiting for another such aircraft, and then a multiple increase in production will continue," Krivoruchko said.

https://ria.ru/20191108/1560725492.html
    ult

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 Empty Re: Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6

Post  ult Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:22 pm

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 OCnX__DZSbU

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:25 am

So one aircraft in 2019 and another in 2020. And then 76 until 2027
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:42 am

Does it means the production line isn't ready ? 1 per year seems like they are producing them the same way as they produced the prototypes.
    william.boutros

Post  william.boutros Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:40 am

Isos wrote:Does it means the production line isn't ready ? 1 per year seems like they are producing them the same way as they produced the prototypes.

Did you see a line in the picture?
    calripson

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 Empty Production Line

Post  calripson Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Those are not Su-57 in the background. Most likely production is being held up waiting final approval of the second stage engine.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Mass production in an aircraft plant is significantly different than one in a manufacturing plant. Assembly is very different and must be done by hand, so no you wont see how it will be massed produced. The parts and what not all come from CNC machines (newer Auto CNC, 3d printing, Laser cutting and what not) machines, and then sent to an assembly floor. Some modules are made elsewhere and come in a single piece unit to the assembly floor.

But yes, they are building the first military (Non prototype) variant and then going to streamline production and fix production where it is needed (not all companies may be able to streamline full production so quickly).
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:33 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Mass production in an aircraft plant is significantly different than one in a manufacturing plant.  Assembly is very different and must be done by hand, so no you wont see how it will be massed produced.  The parts and what not all come from CNC machines (newer Auto CNC, 3d printing, Laser cutting and what not) machines, and then sent to an assembly floor.  Some modules are made elsewhere and come in a single piece unit to the assembly floor.

But yes, they are building the first military (Non prototype) variant and then going to streamline production and fix production where it is needed (not all companies may be able to streamline full production so quickly).
    After the 2nd stage engine oriented planes are in assembly lines, they'll likely work on developing the 3D printed airframes utilizing additive laser welding which makes the airframes resemble avian bone structure.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 57-X1
    Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 57-X2 
    These 3D printed airframes won't just speed up the production process, save money on manpower, but will also be 30% lighter...imagine that combined with the 2nd stage engines, your probably looking at a combined 50% increase in flight parameters. Then combine that with acquiring ROFAR with the Zircon family of missile technology. With these improvements (coming in the next decade) your looking at a 300% overall improvement over the initial production Su-57's.
    william.boutros

Post  william.boutros Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:42 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Mass production in an aircraft plant is significantly different than one in a manufacturing plant.  Assembly is very different and must be done by hand, so no you wont see how it will be massed produced.  The parts and what not all come from CNC machines (newer Auto CNC, 3d printing, Laser cutting and what not) machines, and then sent to an assembly floor.  Some modules are made elsewhere and come in a single piece unit to the assembly floor.

You will still see a production line as in aircraft in sequence at various stages of production.
    archangelski
    archangelski

Post  archangelski Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:35 pm

"New" missiles, probably for Su-57 weapons bay : Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 A74RhX1Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 5uAO1f8Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 XNFYwRP
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:09 am

What appears to be 4 new weapons and yet no description I say that is quite a tease. They have hinted back in 2014 creating a hyper sonic cruise missile for the su-57 and they hinted a year ago of a kinzhal like missile with inter body placement. Zircon, lingyun-1 and waverider have that 8 fin appearance like 4 in the back and 4 in the middle which sort of makes me suggest the red or white missile might be the candidates of a hypersonic missile. Lingyun-1 has a thin cone shape while wave rider and zircon have that sled flat like nozzle in the front which I wish they removed the red cap from the red missile for us to see better in the image. Or it could be the red nose white body missile because of its thickness. My suggestions are all over the place but just like the other bombs and missiles in the su-57 armement I hope they will reveal the purpose of those missiles soon. Thanks alot for this share.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:37 am

Just looking at that bottom image... the bottom missile looks like an R-77... perhaps this is the 200km range R-77M they were talking about?

The middle orange missile looks like an R-73 with longer rear fins... perhaps this is the R-74?

The top missile has forward folding rear grid fins like the R-77 but is smaller... perhaps this is 9M100, or perhaps a small short range fire and forget ARH anti missile missile?

Interesting... thanks for posting... Smile
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:06 am

GarryB wrote:Just looking at that bottom image... the bottom missile looks like an R-77... perhaps this is the 200km range R-77M they were talking about?

The middle orange missile looks like an R-73 with longer rear fins... perhaps this is the R-74?

The top missile has forward folding rear grid fins like the R-77 but is smaller... perhaps this is 9M100, or perhaps a small short range fire and forget ARH anti missile missile?

Interesting... thanks for posting...  Smile

The middle orange missile looks as long as the the new r-77 so I guess it is a r-27ET replacement.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:11 am

The bottom white missile has 177 on it, so perhaps that is its designation?

The new R-74 is supposed to compete with ASRAAM and other new IIR guided western missiles so I suspect the size of this missile (the orange one) is to give it longer range and also a much longer burning motor because it uses thrust vector rocket motor assistance to increase flight performance... perhaps it is a three stage motor... with high energy fast burn rocket fuel to accelerate and climb and then a long burn lower energy fuel that maintains speed on the way to the target, with a third stage that can be lit up at any time for terminal attack, so after flying a long way to the target area it can then accelerate for the terminal attack with thrust vectoring to allow it to be very very dangerous even at long range engagements.

(note when I say long range I am talking about 40-50km, which is long range for a WVR missile).

It is simply not big enough to be an R-27 replacement in my opinion.

What I find interesting is the shape of the top missile... it seems to have a rear end that gets wider... a bit like hypersonic missiles do... very interesting.

The top and bottom missiles appear to have radar guidance, but the middle missile looks like the nose of an R-73 so IR or IIR seeking...
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:37 am

What I find interesting is the shape of the top missile... it seems to have a rear end that gets wider... a bit like hypersonic missiles do... very interesting.

It looks like a biger but shorter r-77. Maybe this the r-77M for weapon bays while the last one is only a normal r-77M for under wing. But the engine (or the exhaust) seems to be different so it's unlikely unless the last is just a normal r-77-1. It has writen 171-1IMM in cyrilic not 177.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:00 am

It has rectangular gaps in the main stabiliser wing at the front... perhaps that improves effectiveness in turns... the butterfly wings of the R-27 family... where the main wings were narrow near the body of the missile and got wider out near the tip was to improve turning performance and reducing drag, the rear grid fins maximise the angle of attack for the control surfaces so they work effectively when angled to force a turn... where a normal fin would just stall and have no turning effect.

The cover over the nose of the top missile seems to suggest it is a radar guided missile, but because of its size I rather suspect it is a self defence weapon and might have ARH plus passive radar homing combined to allow it to intercept incoming anti aircraft missiles like AMRAAM or Patriot.

The thing is that with an internal missile you will only be able to carry so many because of the fixed number of weapon pylon positions there, and a bigger missile fills the internal space more efficiently without adding to inflight drag because it is internal...

Is there any information about these missiles from the place where the images were found?

Do we know these are all AAMs, because that top missile could be a high speed ARM... or multipurpose missile...
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:21 pm

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 Su-57_13
    Los pylonos Laughing
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:56 am

The central orange missile looks to be either a K-74M or the newer K-74M2 intended for use on Su-57. Its longer tail fins and rudder arrangement relative to R-73 matches that of the mockups for the RVV-MD (export R-74) shown at various shows, eg Army 2017
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Rostec will manufacture composite materials for mass production of the fifth-generation fighter Su-57

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3850562.html

Last edited by George1 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:56 pm

George1 wrote:Rostec will manufacture composite materials for mass production of the fifth-generation fighter Su-57

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3850433.html

Thats a link to Cambodian military parade.

I'll post from the actual site itself Rostec:

https://rostec.ru/news/rostekh-zaymetsya-proizvodstvom-kompozitov-dlya-seriynykh-su-57/
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Almost as a test per month thumbsup

Russia’s Su-57 fifth-generation fighter performs 16 test flights with new 2nd stage engine
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:46 am

I think I got updates on some missiles. I have found a ton of KRET articles here http://www.promweekly.ru/kret.php And realized I got a lot of translating/reading to do http://www.promweekly.ru/archive/kret/KRET_1-2020.pdf for those interested in more news promweekly.ru has a lot of information including especially in aviation, weapons, etc.

"As a result, Dmitry Fedorovich made the following compromise decisions: 1. Continue ARGS work for the K-77 missile at the NIIP, as well as in accordance with the proposal of A.I. Shokin to begin development on this ARGS in Istok, thus uniting the efforts of the teams. This joint research was called the “Union”. 2. Continue to create
     a radar sighting system for the MiG-29 fighter, introducing the results of the Soyuz scientific research work (lead - NPO Istok). 3. Carry out, in the prescribed manner, the Agat research and development work to create the K-27A missile. It should be noted that within the framework of the Soyuz research work on radar for the MiG-29 it was not possible to obtain results that improve the characteristics of the complex. The radar sighting system for the MiG-29 aircraft was fully developed at the Scientific Research Institute of Radio Engineering NPO Fazotron. I would especially like to mention those who contributed
     the greatest contribution to the development of the radar sighting system RLPK-29. This is A.G. Nevostruev, Yu.P. Kirpichov, Yu.G. Vinnik, Yu.N. Guskov, O.F. Samarin, K.F. Baibalaev
     V.V. Frantsev, M.L. Kogel. It should also be emphasized the contribution to the creation of this complex of the Scientific Research Institute "Argon" of the USSR Ministry of Radio Industry, which developed the on-board digital computer Ts-100 (V.I. Shteinberg, A.A. Solovyov). In preparing the decision of the Central Committee of the CPSU and the Council of Ministers of the USSR, which determines the order of development work on the creation of ARGS missiles "air-to-air" K-77, was adopted
    into account the fact that rocket control consists of two stages: at the first stage - inertial control with radio correction; on the second, after capturing the target with the active radar of the head, active homing. Therefore, the product was called a multifunctional radar control system (MFRSU). I.G. was appointed the chief designer of the IFRWS. Hakobyan, and the chief designer of the active radar and deputy chief designer of the IFRWSU is S.I. Rebrov. After that, a decision was signed by the Ministry of Radio Industry and the Ministry of Electronic Industry on the following division of work between organizations headed by I.G. Akopyan and S.I. Rebrov: ♦ Hakobyan is developing power supplies, the Alice digital computer, Alice computer programs and programs, an angular tracking channel with gyro stabilization of the antenna. This channel provides with the necessary accuracy the angular tracking of the target, taking into account the characteristics of the fairing, is responsible for the characteristics of the radio correction channel and the MFRSU as a whole; ♦ Rebrov develops an active radar and is responsible for its characteristics. Not even a month after this decision was made, when Rebrov came to me with a statement that Hakobyan was giving him an “incorrect”, as he put it, terms of reference (TOR) for an active radar. The fact is that in the TK project, target capture ranges with an effective reflective surface of 5 square meters were determined. m in free space and against the background of the earth in the front and rear hemispheres, as well as the accuracy of measuring the angular velocity of the line of sight, taking into account the characteristics of the fairing. To my question, what should be written in the TOR for an active radar, Rebrov replied that you only need to set the transmitter power and sensitivity of the receiver, as for the fairing, it does not deal with it. I explained to him that in the process of discussing the distribution of responsibilities between him and Hakobyan, an option was proposed when the Rebrov team would develop an active radar transceiver, then the parameters would include the parameters indicated by him."
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 pm

The latest Su-57 fighters passed the second phase of tests in Syria

"The fifth-generation Su-57 aircraft is being tested. They were re-tested in Syria, during which all the planned tasks were successfully completed," he said at a briefing to military attaches of foreign countries. The text of the speech was published in the newspaper " Red Star ".

Valery Gerasimov, chief of the general staff of the Russian armed forces.

https://ria.ru/20191218/1562509850.html
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:35 pm

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #6 260299
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:54 am

Russia’s 5th-gen Su-57 fighter jet crashes during factory trials, pilot survives – manufacturer

https://www.rt.com/russia/476709-russia-su-57-fighter-jet-crash/

Probably means a major delay after this incident for another year..
    Now the delays in building a new engine could be understood.. they still
    having issues..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:32 am