Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Godric
mavaff
Finty
Daniel_Admassu
bitcointrader70
auslander
gbu48098
UZB-76
elconquistador
LMFS
GarryB
flamming_python
runaway
Hannibal Barca
PhSt
Backman
Tai Hai Chen
SeigSoloyvov
franco
TMA1
medo
PapaDragon
Isos
JohninMK
limb
thegopnik
secretprojects
lancelot
KoTeMoRe
lyle6
Maximmmm
mnztr
Walther von Oldenburg
AlfaT8
Cyberspec
Gomig-21
magnumcromagnon
dino00
marcellogo
owais.usmani
The-thing-next-door
Rodion_Romanovic
walle83
Regular
Odin of Ossetia
par far
RTN
Sujoy
Hole
jhelb
Azi
ultimatewarrior
Tsavo Lion
andalusia
calripson
Arrow
Big_Gazza
ahmedfire
Aristide
miketheterrible
Vann7
kvs
66 posters

Talking bollocks thread #3

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Talking bollocks thread #3 - Page 34 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

Post  thegopnik Sat May 08, 2021 2:34 am

Anyone interested in any other forum I will give a quick rundown based on experience with tips and guidelines

Space battle forum: Left wing forum, like Space X, Pro-US forum. Politics section can result in ban, really strict as in you can't crack Kardashian jokes on a Armenia thread. And me just stating criticism on Space X also gave me infraction points and ban from going to thread(not forum) while the other user that is pro-Space X didnt receive any infraction points..

AR15.com: Right wing forum, likes Space X, Pro-US forum. However got my account banned in just 10 posts when I was not even done yet criticizing Musk similar to Papadragon on Rogozin.

F-16.net: if you get past 20 posts you will not be limited to 3 posts a day in which one of those posts have to be approved by admin which can take a few days. Pro-US and a quick ban if you oppose it talking about Russian weaponry.

Secretprojects: Moderation done right as long as you go yeah, yeah your right the aircraft(su-57, ka-52 in particular) can't have these features even if news sources have announced it. Could criticize Space X among other related topics on aircrafts. neutral opinions

This forum: Pro-Russia and right wing, moderation is pretty laxed as in you do deserve a reward if you somehow get a ban. Forum does not give users with opposing opinions bans compared to the above 3 but I will give secretprojects a break since its more don't piss of the moderators or admin. Could have neutral opinions but ironically despite having alot of viewing guests does not have enough users for that I suppose?

Sino defense: Pro-China and right wing, pretty open minded place.

defensetalk: Heard its strict, have not been there long enough, so far admins and moderators seem open minded for discussion such as the SAM vs aircraft discussion. Might head back there.

india defense forum: pro-india and pretty laxed on moderation, sometimes visit if feeling bored.

key-aero: neutral opinions like secretprojects, but very laxed on moderation, got turned into a shithole for purchasers only to access forum.

Quora: if your an attention whore.

kvs and elconquistador like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Sat May 08, 2021 3:36 am

I always do a shit test when joining a forum. Call someone a fag or a tranny or a nigger and if I get banned, then who cares - I just saved myself headaches trying to walk on egg shells. That way I only ever really get invested in places that are more like home Twisted Evil

kvs, elconquistador and thegopnik like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat May 08, 2021 3:45 am

I would not qualify this forum as right wing. These political categories carry a lot of baggage. This forum is neutral and both left and
    right fluff is discounted. That is good, since package deals are a scam.

thegopnik, LMFS and Backman like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat May 08, 2021 5:16 am

This forum needs more moderators
    Daniel_Admassu

Post  Daniel_Admassu Sat May 08, 2021 5:25 am

I found out that Quora is mostly pro-western if it comes to politics or defense. Everything the west does is super high tech and reliable as opposed to Russian junk. Mostly it's the reply patrons themselves that are biased instead of the moderators.
    RDF users themselves need to relax a bit and entertain more balanced views instead of bashing western tech at every turn. Not everything needs to be political.

gbu48098 likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat May 08, 2021 6:35 am

Daniel_Admassu wrote:I found out that Quora is mostly pro-western if it comes to politics or defense. Everything the west does is super high tech and reliable as opposed to Russian junk. Mostly it's the reply patrons themselves that are biased instead of the moderators.
    RDF users themselves need to relax a bit and entertain more balanced views instead of bashing western tech at every turn. Not everything needs to be political.

Can you give an example of this "bashing"?

Criticism based on actual arguments is not bashing. For example, pointing out that the Abrams DU shielding is not superior to reactive armour is not "bashing".

The problem is that full bore "western tech super tech" propaganda shifts an analogue of the Overton window so much that when cold water
    is poured on the western propaganda spew it causes cognitive dissonance. This is a real effect of western propaganda. I have posted
    a video by a good analyst of Russia-west relations in another thread which shows that he is steered by the background noise towards the
    idea that Russia is still sitting on Soviet military equipment and only some small changes have happened over the last 30 years.

thegopnik likes this post

Daniel_Admassu

Post  Daniel_Admassu Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 am

Well, an elaborate example should, I believe, off-topic here. What I wanted to say is that there are strong points on both sides and recognition should be due. Russia is a pioneer in many military and space technologies. That doesn't mean that she is good at it now. Same goes for the west.

Take the Ka-50/52 gunship for instance. I am not sure Kamov invented the coaxial rotor design, but they certainly are its pioneers and had almost total monopoly over it. I disliked the high mast design and the gap between the two hubs not just for aesthetic reasons but also because it increases the vulnerability of the craft to adversary fire. But I reasoned that it is a necessary feature to minimize downwash turbulence between the two.

Now Sikorsky comes up with a working design that is compact. I take it as a technology pioneered by Russia but bettered by the west.

Now tell me if a topic about the Raider is raised in this forum (I don't know if it wasn't) that at least most members will be rational about this fact. Granted the helicopter is still in testing and, as usual, cost overruns or overcomplicated tech would not ground it.
    elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Sat May 08, 2021 8:00 am

Quora gives off a very strong glowie vibe.

I wouldn't be surprised when in the coming years leaked official CIA/NSA/DARPA/whatever agency documents come out stating that Quora is backed and initiated by them as a tool in the information warfare/ data mining sphere

Good tells are usually the prevalence of official narratives, a rather slick and smooth rise to the top, acting in cahoots Big Tech/ Big Bizz (Google search results etc) and heavy moderating/banning

Try talking about anything alternative on Quora, be it alternative medicine, alternative history, the JQ, fractional reserved banking, the globalists or any other hot topic

Some topics are allowed, like Freemasonry, but heavily influenced to get people back on the plantation. I once entered a query about Freemasonry on Quora and now I get, literally every week, mails from them about related queries and how Freemasonry is really just a bunch of old dudes coming together having a good time and maintaining the local hospital

Everything about that site stinks.

kvs likes this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Tue May 11, 2021 1:48 am

flamming_python wrote: You ought to be glad that Britain exited that particular nuthouse.

I actually voted to remain back in 2016 and wasn't too pleased when we left, but I wasn't massively against it. Over time my attitude became more mild to brexit and the conduct of the Europeans with regard to vaccines confirmed that it was probably for the best and that they are in fact twats. Can't go against Centuries of British and French dislike of each other!
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Tue May 11, 2021 1:51 am

Finty wrote:
    Indeed but with the benefit of hindsight, those retards should know not to take the side of the people responsible for the worst genocide and most destructive conflict in history. Of course some people are brainlets and easily swayed by propaganda.
    In reality people don't have choice whether its US or USSR or China or something else unless the choice fits the narrative....there may be period here and there where you get some leader that watches out and believes in their ancestry and respects those who share that land but thats not a given. Dumbs moved from USSR block and worse than USSR which is EU and along with it relinquished rights to their brains.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 11, 2021 2:31 am

Finty wrote:
    flamming_python wrote: You ought to be glad that Britain exited that particular nuthouse.

I actually voted to remain back in 2016 and wasn't too pleased when we left, but I wasn't massively against it. Over time my attitude became more mild to brexit and the conduct of the Europeans with regard to vaccines confirmed that it was probably for the best and that they are in fact twats. Can't go against Centuries of British and French dislike of each other!

It's not about where it is now or rather was in 2016, it's about where it's going

The EU is lurching from one crisis to another, the EU leaders even joked that that's all they seem to be there for. And it's not going anywhere good, there will just be a further rise in dissent, internal contradictions and all the rest of it.

miketheterrible likes this post

elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Tue May 11, 2021 10:26 am

Mass shooting at a Russian school.

10+ deceased so far..

https://mobile.twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1392024339994845185
    Daniel_Admassu

Post  Daniel_Admassu Tue May 11, 2021 12:02 pm

elconquistador wrote:Mass shooting at a Russian school.

10+ deceased so far..

Very Sad news. I am not sure we ought to discuss this here. There should be a thread for such topics.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Tue May 11, 2021 12:14 pm

Hackers suspected to work for the Chinese government have used a new malware called PortDoor to infiltrate the systems of Rubin Central Design Bureau that designs submarines for the Russian Navy.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/suspected-chinese-state-hackers-target-russian-submarine-designer/

dino00 likes this post

elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Tue May 11, 2021 1:40 pm

Daniel_Admassu wrote:
    elconquistador wrote:Mass shooting at a Russian school.

10+ deceased so far..

Very Sad news. I am not  sure we ought to discuss this here. There should be a thread for such topics.

Well you are free to open a thread, I believe this one is more like an 'everything else' thread

Shooter appears to be a former student

https://mobile.twitter.com/ValLisitsa/status/1392060300761915392

In custody

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rata_Diabolico/status/1392064974546251781
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Tue May 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Sujoy wrote:Hackers suspected to work for the Chinese government have used a new malware called PortDoor to infiltrate the systems of Rubin Central Design Bureau that designs submarines for the Russian Navy.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/suspected-chinese-state-hackers-target-russian-submarine-designer/
    Fair enough, no rules on internet and no evidence necessary. Burden is on the owner to protect their info and assets....
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue May 11, 2021 2:32 pm

In terms of mass murders and serial killers Russia is similar to the USA. Not quite the total number of cases and victims per capita but
    the comparison is relevant.

I think this is related to the sink or swim culture. People think that communism was some sort of diaper change operation. No, welfare
    bumming was actually a crime in the USSR and if you could, you had to work. The problem of the isolated individual is maybe common
    to all countries, but there is a dependence on the collective mentality. Cultures that are more conformist (e.g. Japan) have much less
    of such incidents (but not zero). Western myths about Russia try to paint it as some pool of drones without individual identity. That
    is BS.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 11, 2021 5:00 pm

gbu48098 wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:Hackers suspected to work for the Chinese government have used a new malware called PortDoor to infiltrate the systems of Rubin Central Design Bureau that designs submarines for the Russian Navy.

Fair enough, no rules on internet and no evidence necessary. Burden is on the owner to protect their info and assets....

This is something China would do and if it did happen that's a big big deal, as that's attempting or stolen state secrets of the most delicate kind.

We will see if its true, if Russia suddenly does something super heavy against China then we know if not then it's just a BS article. If that was article was true I cannot see Russia letting something like that go.
    mavaff
    mavaff

Post  mavaff Tue May 11, 2021 5:30 pm

thegopnik wrote:Anyone interested in any other forum I will give a quick rundown based on experience with tips and guidelines

Space battle forum: Left wing forum, like Space X, Pro-US forum. Politics section can result in ban, really strict as in you can't crack Kardashian jokes on a Armenia thread. And me just stating criticism on Space X also gave me infraction points and ban from going to thread(not forum) while the other user that is pro-Space X didnt receive any infraction points..

AR15.com: Right wing forum, likes Space X, Pro-US forum. However got my account banned in just 10 posts when I was not even done yet criticizing Musk similar to Papadragon on Rogozin.

F-16.net: if you get past 20 posts you will not be limited to 3 posts a day in which one of those posts have to be approved by admin which can take a few days. Pro-US and a quick ban if you oppose it talking about Russian weaponry.

Secretprojects: Moderation done right as long as you go yeah, yeah your right the aircraft(su-57, ka-52 in particular) can't have these features even if news sources have announced it. Could criticize Space X among other related topics on aircrafts. neutral opinions

This forum: Pro-Russia and right wing, moderation is pretty laxed as in you do deserve a reward if you somehow get a ban. Forum does not give users with opposing opinions bans compared to the above 3 but I will give secretprojects a break since its more don't piss of the moderators or admin. Could have neutral opinions but ironically despite having alot of viewing guests does not have enough users for that I suppose?

Sino defense: Pro-China and right wing, pretty open minded place.

defensetalk: Heard its strict, have not been there long enough, so far admins and moderators seem open minded for discussion such as the SAM vs aircraft discussion. Might head back there.

india defense forum: pro-india and pretty laxed on moderation, sometimes visit if feeling bored.

key-aero: neutral opinions like secretprojects, but very laxed on moderation, got turned into a shithole for purchasers only to access forum.

Quora: if your an attention whore.

have you missed reddit sub r/credibledefense? Strongly pro-US/Israel, you won't get banned but Russian hardware is considered crap all across the line-up.

Just an example: https://old.reddit.com/r/CredibleDefense/comments/mzse38/could_us_nato_destroy_russian_air_defense_systems/
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue May 11, 2021 7:50 pm

Quite normal but I doubt they left any important files accessible from internet. For such hacks you need direct access to computers.

I remeber some years ago one guy was arrested by russia for espionnage for China.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Yugo90 likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 11, 2021 8:51 pm

Isos wrote:Quite normal but I doubt they left any important files accessible from internet. For such hacks you need direct access to computers.

I remeber some years ago one guy was arrested by russia for espionnage for China.

It wouldn't be the first time.

No, you don't need direct access to a PC, granted this would depend on how the Russians set everything up.
    gbu48098

Post  gbu48098 Tue May 11, 2021 9:29 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    No, you don't need direct access to a PC, granted this would depend on how the Russians set everything up.
    Even if they did steal, owner's burden to protect....hard to justify nuking or bombing someone for stuff like this....give and take may occur at best in any proportion based on ones abilities in that domain
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 11, 2021 9:49 pm

gbu48098 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Even if they did steal, owner's burden to protect....hard to justify nuking or bombing someone for stuff like this....give and take may occur at best in any proportion based on ones abilities in that domain

Not suggesting Russia would nuke or bomb china over it, just that if the event did occur and sensitive data was lost, I'd expect the russians to inflict something on china over it.

Also if it did happen I'd find that funny, Russia is like the only country who has had china's back and that would be how China repays them?.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Tue May 11, 2021 10:16 pm

All that shit over rumours spread by US themselves clown

Big_Gazza likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 11, 2021 10:47 pm

LMFS wrote:All that shit over rumours spread by US themselves clown

Okay, show me proof the US is behind this story.

I am waiting, hard facts not "well I heard this from a guy".

Big_Gazza and x_54_u43 dislike this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:31 am